Start by marking “My First Crush: A Best Friend’s Father Romance” as Want to Read:
My First Crush: A Best Friend’s Father Romance

My First Crush: A Best Friend’s Father Romance

It was completely forbidden, and yet, I couldn’t stop myself.

But I wasn’t alone.

Everyone crushed on our high-school coach back in the day.

Strong. Dominant. Hot as sin.

And completely off limits. Or he was back then.

Now I’m finally grown up, and I’ve come back home.

Life feels directionless, but one thing is dead center.

My old crush.

Now I’m finally old enough to do some
Published (first published February 25th 2019)

Faerdr
Feb 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just rushed

Didn’t enjoy the book. Every part of it felt rushed and not put together. I understood the romance part but it felt like characters were thrown together for a quick story.
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ms. Chloe Morgan has completely captured my heart with her latest release.   My First Crush might be an older man romance but these two amazingly crafted characters are so uniquely beautiful together.

Marley returns back to her small town home after discovering that life in the big city isn't for her.  Not only did she miss her Family but also her best friend, Parker.   Parker and Marley grew up together and as they grew, so did Marley's love for Parker's Father, Shawn.    Upon seeing Marley, at
Kaye
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!
Oh my star's! Wow! Talk about a ride on the wild side. Chloe definitely threw caution to the wind with her no holds barred, no pulling punches and take no prisoners attitude that really brings this bad boy roaring to life spectacularly. A whirlwind of emotions and events that feed from the exposure and promises made pull you deeper in this raging storyline and hard hitting plot that takes things a step further. Throw in all the drama, uncertainty and a little intrigue and y
Julianne Macneil
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
i read this book as part of an arc program. This is the older man/ younger woman romance between Shawn and Marley. Shawn is a single father and raised his daughter alone since her mother abandoned them after her birth when he was only 18. Now his daughter is grown and Shawn is beginning to think it might be time for him to start dating. When his daughter's best friend Marley moves back to town after college, Shawn is shocked to see how she has grown into a beautiful woman. Marley always had a cr ...more
Kristen Lewendon
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley’s been away from her hometown for several years and done a lot of growing up in that time. When she encounters Coach Shawn at dinner with her best friend, she realizes that the crush she had on him has turned into something bigger and more powerful. And even though they both try to resist, their chemistry is too strong to deny. This is one of the lighter, sweeter takes I’ve seen on falling for the best friend’s father. I think that’s what I liked most about this book. While there’s some d ...more
Raecharmed
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marley decides she wants to go back home not liking the life she thought she wanted. When she sees her childhood crush again after being gone her feelings for him reignite. There's just one problem he's her best friend's father. Shawn is shocked by how Marley makes him feel and tries to fight it. How will her friend feel about them being together? Can they have a goof relationship despite the odds against them?

This is a great story that will captivate you from beginning to end. The chemistry bet
Reva Parks
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Small town basketball coach grew up here, impregnated his sweetheart, got left with a baby girl when he was 18, put himself through the local college and got a job teaching in his old high school. His daughter also attended the same schools. Now her best friend through grade school and high school has returned from Miami after getting her degree and working in Florida for a couple more years. Marley had a crush on 'Coach' through high school and finds she is just as attracted as always, though n ...more
Cassie
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jackie Ziegler
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Marley and Parker have been best friends forever.. Marley is back in town and visiting Parker and seeing her father again. The man she had a crush in throughout high school and even though he is her best friends dad and 18 years other than her Marley really wants more with him. Shawn hasn't seen Marley in a few years and boy has she grown up. He never had these feelings for any woman before but she is so much younger and his daughters best friend. Is he crazy or could there really be something t ...more
M Hurford
Hot Romance!
My First Crush by author Chloe Morgan is a modern day, small town Texas romance. It involves an older man, high school coach, Shawn and Marley, best friend of coach’s daughter. They haven’t seen each other in a couple of years and when they do there is hot chemistry that they instantly act upon. The heat remains high in this short storyline. It held my interest throughout so I’m definitely recommending this for your reading enjoyment and fun.
I am leaving this review for your consid
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shawn is a single father with a grown up daughter. He has no one special in his life and wasn’t looking that is until his daughter’s best friend came back to town. Marley grew tired of the city and longed to be home. When she went to see her friend, her father took her breath away. She always had a crush on him and like fine wine he has aged well. He is captivated by Marley as well. Will this be their chance to have a happily ever after together? I voluntarily agreed to receive an ARC of this bo ...more
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I know it's been done before, but Chloe nails the older man/best friends father taboo romance...pun intended! Marley has had a crush on Coach Shawn since high school. Being away at college may have made her forget for a bit, but the minute she steps into her best friend's childhood home it all comes back! Shawn has given up on women after his wife took off. His life was simple, until he gets a look at Marley all grown up! This is touching, sweet and steamy...the perfect combination!
Kathy
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this book a total of 3.5 stars. I felt that this book was a bit like the other best friend dad books that I have read lately which surprised me from this author. I just didn't like it as much as this authors other books that I have read recently. Having said that, just because it wasn't my favorite doesn't mean it won't be yours. Please read all reviews as well as the authors synopsis to see if this book is the right one for you.
Dawn Herrera
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My First Crush by Chloe Morgan has written a great sexy and exciting story. In this story you have Shawn aka coach and Marley his daughter’s best friend. When these characters come face to face after a few years they are both taken aback by their instant attraction to one another. But their are a few obstacles in their way that sends these two on an emotional ride, well worth the read.
I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book.
Shelved
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping to like this one, but all it was was sex. There was absolutely nothing showing any sort of relationship between the father and the younger woman. They just made eye contact and then had sex. Ridiculous. Poor character development and plot development. This read more like an outline than an actual story.
Ramona
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great read about two people who love with no perceived notions of any barriers - not even age. Beautiful and sexy story of Shawn who notices for the first time his daughters best friend who moves back home from college - but she notices him too! Marley has always had a crush on the handsome Coach.
LiLu
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gotta Love A HEA

A very well written easy to read, unexpected romance. Drop in a heap of drama, and a healthy dose of lust, mix it all together, and eventually you’ll end up with your own HEA. I really enjoyed reading this book!
Toi
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute

How could you not fall in love with the coach - I think we all do it especially if he's cute - but we all don't get the coach when we move back to our hometown. Marley and Shawn have a lot of hurdles to overcome before they can get a happily ever after.
Shannon
I think it could have been a better book if it was longer. I didn't get to know or even like the characters, it was really quick. They meet again, sex, sex, the end. This is my first book by Chloe Morgan I like her style of writing just wish there was more to the book.
Samantha Ross of BBKA
Meh

The blurb drew me in
The characters and backstory were on point and yes I know it’s a short story but everything was rushed .
The couple had little to no chemistry and the sex scenes were meh .
I really wanted to love this book
Aneesah
Mar 24, 2019 rated it liked it
I kind of liked the author’s writing style but just a bit more character development would have been great. Overall I’d probably read more by her—I’ll be sure to put her books on my “I need something short and sexy” shelf.
Ren
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily review an Advance Reader Copy of this book. Great Job.
April Howard
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book love it
Nate
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Marley & Parker's story was amazing. Couldn't put it down. Loved the characters. I'm voluntarily leaving an honest review for a copy of the book.
Katie Finley
Good story

It was a good story and story line. I just wish it was a little longer with more details and build up then there was it was quick and short to the point.
Michelle Ferrel
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
It was nice
Huanne Woodward
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Never too old to have that first crush and romance. A quick thought provoking story
Kari
Mar 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just okay.

Timeline of plot unclear. Unbelievable and unrealistic characters. Overly simplistic conflict resolution. Other authors do this trope much, much better.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Chloe is a hometown girl from Tennessee who loves a great short romance, drinking coffee most of the day, and hanging out with family. When she's not writing, she can be found playing the piano or surfing Facebook! Having been a reader all her life, she's hoping that you'll find yourself lost to time, laughing and falling in love all over again with her books.