Start by marking “Maybe Baby (Lisa Blake #2)” as Want to Read:
Maybe Baby (Lisa Blake #2)

Maybe Baby

(Lisa Blake #2)

Just when you thought you had it all worked out …

Best friends Lisa and Felicity think – maybe, just maybe – they finally have everything sorted out in their lives.
Lisa is in a happy relationship with her old flame, and busy mum Felicity has managed to reignite the passion with her husband, Pete, after a romantic getaway.
But when Lisa walks in on a half-naked woman in her b
Published April 2nd 2019 by Ruby Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Maybe Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Maybe Baby

Julie
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Maybe Baby by Carol Thomas is a 2019 Ruby Fiction publication.

Cute story of friendship and new beginnings-

Felicity and Lisa are BFF’s, but their personal lives are at different stages. Felicity is a busy mom, and Lisa is still working through a few snags in her rekindled romance with Nathan, such as an old friend of his showing up, who seems intent on causing trouble between Lisa and Nathan.

Meanwhile, Felicity’s hopes of moving on into the next phase of her life may be in jeopardy.

This is a s
DJ Sakata
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Favorite Quotes:

Isn’t mentioning your mother and no hassle in the same sentence an oxymoron or something?

It’s not an easy thing to just bring up, though, is it? “By the way, that woman you just found naked in my flat, I delivered her son.” Telling your other half you’ve seen someone else’s foof is never an easy conversation.

‘Then we’re calling it Thor.’ ‘What?’ Felicity sat up and looked at Pete’s excited face. ‘Are you mad? Why?’ ‘Because he’s got superpowers. We thought we’d killed them all of
Dash fan
4☆ Light Hearted, Cosy Romance

Maybe Baby is the sequel to The Purr-fect Pet-sitter. But if you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading the previous book, you will have no problem reading it as a standalone.

Maybe Baby is a Light hearted, Fun, entertaining, warm read about friendships, relationships and the ups and downs life throws at you.

Felicity and Lisa are best friends. There are always there for each, as they work through the ups and downs of family life, business, relationships, mother - in
Els
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
About a year ago I read the first part of this series. I devour a fair amount of books per year and it’s not always evident to remember each and every one of them, but when you start reading and it comes straight back to you, it means it had quite an impact on you. I loved the previous book and I was looking forward to find out whether the author could charm me again.

Well, I won’t keep you in suspense for much longer. She certainly met my expectations. It was so lovely to reconnect with the char
Rachel Gilbey
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly entertaining, this book has everything, animals, humour, romance, an old flame and a pregnancy test!

I mean what better mix can you think of, I loved being back with Lisa, Nathan and Felicity and her tribe of children. However this can easily be read as a standalone book, as you don't need the prior book to be able to follow this one.

I don't really want to say much about the plot, but expect some laughs, some aww moments, some well I wish these characters would see some sense moments
Deborah J Miles
Mar 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Although this is the second in the Lisa Blake series, this is the first one I've read, and I can confirm that this can be read as a standalone. Whilst there are references to events covered in the previous book, there is enough detail given for the reader follow the action.

The story is told in the third person, from the perspective of Lisa, a pet sitter, currently enjoying her renewed relationship with Nathan, a hunky fireman.

Lisa's best friend, Felicity, is a busy mother of four who has just d
Anne
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I’ll admit I wasn’t at all sure that this would be a book for me – I’m considerably older than its likely target audience (more granny Winnie than Lisa!), I wasn’t too sure about taking on a sequel, and then there was the mention of “busy mum” (and the inevitable children…). But how wrong can you be – I decided to give it a try, and found it an absolutely lovely read.

That has so much to do with the writing – there’s a real lightness and ease about it, a perfect balance between the gentle humour
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
Maybe Baby was such an entertaining read. Carol Thomas has humour to spare and an abundantly witty repertoire.
Felicity and Lisa and co. were such fun and it was a pleasure to spend time in their lives. I liked both ladies characters immensely and their surprises kept me smiling. The writing is funny and sweet. The characters were wonderfully written and the pleasing flow of the story made this a smooth and enjoyable read.
Isabelle D
First reaction: "Oooh, a sequel to The Purrfect Pet Sitter! :)"

Like in the previous book, I enjoyed the alternating of Lisa's and Felicity's points of view. I still particularly like their friendship, the funny moments with animals and/or Felicity's children are still excellent, and of course witnessing the next steps in Lisa and Nathan's relationship was a treat.

It was one of my reads for Choc Lit & Ruby Fiction's Tasting Panel (a group of ordinary, volunteer readers that helps the publishe
Kay M
Apr 17, 2019 added it
his book is such a treat and one I devoured in one sitting.
Lisa is feeling like she has finally got her life in order she has a very loving boyfriend, her best friend Felicity and a successful pet sitting business. Things start to go off plan however with the arrival of a female that seems to be keen to rock the boat between Lisa and Nathan.
Felicity is happy with her life with her husband Pete and their four children. Life for them is often very busy and hectic for them both. However Felicity
Yvonne
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A little admission before I start… I have the first book ‘The Purrfect Pet Sitter’ on my kindle and have yet to read it, so I can say that ‘Maybe Baby’ works well as a stand-alone read. It has however sparked my interest to budge it up the tbr 🙂

The story is about Lisa and her friend Felicity. Lisa runs a pet sitting business, Felicity is a married Mum with 4 children.

Lisa is in a relationship with her old flame Nathan and there is the feeling of it being a new-ish relationship in the respect tha
Kelly
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Lisa Blake series and can be read as part of the series or as a standalone book.

I love a feel good read and this book is a brilliant mix of fun, laughter and occasionally makes you want to shed a tear.

Felicity is a busy Mum of four children who she adores but feels she has become just a Mum and is losing herself along the way. Whilst Lisa has returned to her childhood home after fleeing her previous relationship and is working hard to grow her business.

I loved the
Ruth
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
'Maybe Baby' continues a few months after 'The Purrfect Pet Sitter' ends, both are complete novels with many of the original characters and a few new ones. This is a bit like meeting old friends and catching up with their news.
Not losing her charges so often means that Lisa's pet sitting business has become more successful but there are still days when everything goes chaotically wrong.
Lisa and Nathan are happily settled in their relationship when Samantha moves into a flat below Nathan's.
Lisa
Isobel McIlwraith
I was lucky enough to read The Purrfect Pet Sitter as part of the Choc Lit panel. When I was told there was a sequel I was keen to read it too. The story of Lisa continues with her friends, her family and wider circle playing major roles. Not to mention the animals. Light, entertaining, holiday read are all words that apply but the relationships and tensions between the characters are well drawn and real and counterbalance the very funny mishaps that arise. Maybe Baby is fun on it's own but a gr ...more
Anne
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hurrah - another book by Carol Thomas. This time, in Maybe Baby we follow the lives of the characters we met in the Purrfect Pet Sitter, but the novel works equally well as a stand-alone. We find Lisa and Felicity going jogging together, as their lives suddenly become more complicated. Carol writes the most amazing heroes and I was delighted to meet Nathan, Dominic and Pete again in this story too. She writes beautifully. The novel is filled with both emotions and humour. Great pace, great dialo ...more
Barbara
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very modern romance, and, you get two for the price of one! Lisa has returned to her old home town and her childhood romance has been rekindled,but she has a lot of baggage in her life. Her friendships with Felicity and Dom help her come to terms with her past and things are going well in her life until the past bumps into the present. How she copes with this and comes out the over end will keep the pages turning. Add into the mix the gorgeous boyfriend Nathan and wow, what a great sto ...more
Gill
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a worthy shortish sequel to ‘Purrfect Petsitter’.
We return to the story of Lisa and Nathan, as their relationship grows through a few ups and downs, and their friends, Fliss and Peter, Dom and his new love interest, and our furry friends too. I’m happy to recommend this little book – I read it in one sitting!
Margiad
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third Carol Thomas novel I've read and it felt like I was visiting old friends again. All of the characters are likeable, vulnerable, and very human. The storyline kept me guessing and I especially loved the YouTube references (you can learn almost ANYTHING on YouTube!), and the easy banter between Felicity and Lisa. My grandson's second name is Thor so that bit was hilarious to me! I also loved the ending and I hope there are further adventures for Lisa, Felicity and all their famil ...more
Yvonne Greene
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lovely gentle story of friendship, love and pregnancy. Although this is a follow up story to The Purrfect Pet Sitter but is also a stand alone novel. Lisa and Felicity are very different but best friends trying to find their own ways through love and family. Throw in some cute kittens and four fab kids as well as a jealous neighbour, and you have a great novel! Highly recommend!
Beth Gosser
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-books
Grest sequel !!! i love it when the stories snd characters continue in books
Renee
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved revisiting the characters from The Purrfect Pet Sitter as they embarked upon the next phase of their lives. This was a great read that made me smile a lot, laugh out loud and shed the odd tear. It's a real cuddle of a book, the children and four legged characters were a delight. I'd recommend it to all romcom fans.
Karen Mace
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having loved the first book in this series - THE PURRFECT PET SITTER - I have been eagerly awaiting the latest installment and it's been a real delight to revisit the wonderful characters again and to see what life throws their way this time! Don't worry if you haven't read the first book thought, as this is very easy to read as a standalone!

Lisa and Felicity are best friends and life seems to be going smoothly for them both - or is it?! Felicity is married with 3 children and has an idyllic rel
B.R. Maycock
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
There are some words that I see as I read and immediately I know I can settle down and enjoy (simultaneously inwardly jumping about in excitement). (Note: these words are “kids,””running, “”dog walking” and “pet sitting.”) Lo and behold in this book we have all of these sentiments and a mention of The Vicar Of Dibley so hello-happy out!) as we meet Felicity (I think possibly this is more of Lisa’s story but we’ll head to Flick first because she lives in a house of chaos with four kids (like me!) ...more
Sharon
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is book #2 in the Lisa Blake series. It can be read as a standalone novel, but I would recommend reading them in order for continuity of the story.

Following on from the first book in the series, The Purr-fect Petsitter, Lisa Blake is back. The story continues to follow the lives of Lisa and her best friend, Felicity. As in the first book, Lisa and Felicity’s characters are fabulous and the story is told from their alternating points of view. There are also plenty of other returning characte
Marianne
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a lovely, entertaining read with genuinely likeable characters and a relatable plot. I read this as a standalone and it was fine but I did hanker after reading the first in the series, just to fill in some of the blanks. I loved the friendship between Lisa and Felicity. They both have distinct personalities and lives but are thoroughly credible as best friends.

Friendship and family values, some jealous moments to prove they are human and a few humorous episodes add up to a heart-warming
Donna Maguire

I loved this story, it is well written with some fabulous characters!

I loved the author’s writing style, she made the story genuine and one I really enjoyed. Everything about the book worked for me from the characters to the setting and the animals who popped up every now and again – I do love a book that has animals as main characters. The plot was great and it was a pleasure to read.

This is the sequel to The Purrfect Pet Sitter and after a few chapters r
Caroline Venables
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in the Lisa Blake series. The first being The Purrfect Pet Sitter. I hadn’t read the first book and this second one works perfectly well as a stand alone.

The book finds Lisa happy in a relationship with her childhood sweetheart and her best friend Felicity, running around after her children. Lisa’s business, a pet sitter, is going from strength to strength.

However life is full of surprises as Lisa’s happiness is ruined by finding a woman in her boyfriend’s flat, not weari
Patricia Feinberg Stoner
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
There’s nothing quite as satisfying as a good sequel to a book you have enjoyed. ‘Maybe Baby’ takes up where Carol Thomas’ last book, ‘The Purrfect Pet Sitter’ left off. It reprises the adventures of Lisa, the rather hapless pet sitter of the title, her handsome boyfriend Nathan, her scatty best friend Felicity and their assorted children and animals.
If you’re off on holiday and looking for a book to take with you, ‘Maybe Baby’ is the perfect summer read: as frothy and delicious as a cappuccino
Maria Sinclair
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you have ever reached the end of a rom-com and wondered what happened next after the characters achieved their “Happily Ever After,” then Maybe Baby is the book for you. Although it is the second book in the Lisa Blake series, the fact that I haven’t read the first book did not spoil my enjoyment of this one in the slightest. It works perfectly well as a standalone, and at no point did I find myself feeling lost because of a detail I had missed from the first book.

Maybe Baby is filled with a
Beeg Panda
rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2019
Carol Thomas lives on the south coast of England with her husband, four children and lively Labrador. She has been a playgroup supervisor and taught in primary schools for over fifteen years, before dedicating more of her time to writing. Carol is a regular volunteer for Cancer Research UK. She has a passion for reading, writing and people watching and can often be found loitering in local cafes w ...more

Lisa Blake (2 books)
  • The Purrfect Pet Sitter (Lisa Blake #1)