Start by marking “Upon My Heart Forever” as Want to Read:
Upon My Heart Forever

Upon My Heart Forever

When Clara Moore learns of her brother's unthinkable scheme—to take her to England and force her into a hasty marriage—she knows she must escape New York. But when she finds out who has accepted the job of taking her to Boston, she almost rethinks her own hurried plan. For the handsome man who comes to her aid is none other than her former love, Ethan Barrik. He left her h ...more
Published April 30th 2019 by Mirror Press (first published April 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Upon My Heart Forever, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Upon My Heart Forever

Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
This author has a distinct voice that makes me feel like I'm in Colonial America. The language reflects the era without losing the nice flow of the narrative and it enhances the sense of the setting. I felt like I got to know Clara and Ethan pretty quickly so even though the story dives right into the action, I was already invested in their future. Clara is dealing with quite a bit of angst and doesn't quite know what she wants at first- her anger over being left with no word prevents her from c ...more
Trisha Robertson (Joy of Reading)
This story took my heart on an emotional journey that I won't soon forget! From the lows to the heights and everywhere in between. I couldn't get enough of this delightful story! This novella, these characters have captured my heart. This story is everything I have come to love about Ambery Lynn Perry's stories and more!

Clara Moore has known the sweet joy of first love and the heartache of being left at the altar. The scars are still raw, even after 6 years have passed. Clara has built walls aro
Katie W
May 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
(3.5 Stars) Clara is no stranger to heartbreak, having been left at the alter years earlier, but she will do anything to escape her brother's plan of taking her to England to force her to marry. Ethan is the man who comes to her rescue--yes, the same Ethan who jilted her.

The war has left its mark upon the hearts of many, but that coupled with Ethan's regret make for a heartfelt and tragic story. When Ethan and Clara find themselves in an uncomfortable situation, old feelings and new possibilitie
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
I love reading books by author Amber Lynn Perry. She excels at writing characters that come alive for me and this book is no exception. This felt like a short book (And it is! I just checked- 99 pages) and even in that short amount of time I really felt like I knew the characters. Knew them and was frustrated with them! Especially Ethan. I may or may not have yelled out loud to him, "COME ON, Ethan. Man up and just tell her already!!"

When the story begins, Clara is hurt, angry and confused. Etha
Mandy
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A novella, for me, is usually cute and okay. Nothing terrible, but also not amazing. Amber Lynn Perry has taken a novella, Upon My Heart Forever, and made every word count! Anything a reader could crave in a full length novel has been served up perfectly in this much smaller package. Mrs. Perry doesn't waste time. She jumps straight into the story, using descriptions that are to die for. Ethan is a character we, as Amber Lynn Perry fans, have met and loved before. Well, get ready to fall deeper ...more
Julie Carpenter
This was a sweet and fast read for me. I dove right in and loved the time period, the second chance and the little bit of suspense throughout the book.

Clara and Ethan get their second chance in this novella. I liked how the author did a lot of the story through the POV of both Clara and Ethan, but most of it was in their thoughts. There was still dialogue but I thought it was great how we as readers were able to see what each of them were thinking and we were given more understanding as to the h
Sydney
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Upon My Heart Forever by Amber Lynn Perry will grab the attention and heart of readers from the first page. This beautiful and heart-felt Colonial America romance is an absolute delight to read. Readers of historical romance will be absolutely delighted with this short story. The story is action packed, as well as emotional and heart wrenching. A story of forgiveness and lost love blooming to life once again, readers will be enchanted with this sweet historical romance novella.

Series: Timeless R
Melissa
This was a sweet quick read. It did get a bit wordy there for a min. This author sure loves her metaphors....like loves. It was pretty writing just over done. Everything had a bit too much drama for me too. These too could have sat down and had a long conversation and solved a whole lot that took 3 days to resolve. This is a sweet chaste story that ends very well.
Sarah Monzon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful story from a very talented author.
Cathy
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite kind of book! It’s well-written with great characters. And it’s something I can read in an afternoon. It’s perfect for a day at the beach or lounging by the pool.

The book opens with Clara. She’s in a hurry trying to pack whatever she might need. The reader finds out as the first chapter goes along that she’s trying to get out of the house before her brother returns. He’s planning to take her to England to marry and she wants none of that.

I loved Clara. She’s a great character
Shash
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love a good second chance story, and this was definitely one! Clara and Ethan found themselves in an awkward, difficult situation. It was also one full of possibilities. Finally questions could be answered and hearts could be revealed...if someone would just talk. I liked being privy to their thoughts as they road along in silence. The way things were eventually resolved between them was so beautiful and romantic, and had my heart melting. They were two incredible people that deserved a happy ...more
Mary
Filled with sensory details and descriptive elements, the reader will enjoy this light, romantic novella! If you read Amber Lynn Perry’s last book, So Bright a Hope, you will recognize Ethan Barrick from its pages.

The Revolutionary War has ended a few months prior to the start of the story and Lawrence Moore has decided the time is ripe to return to England. He insists on dragging his sister, Clara, with him against her will. Clara, a determined young woman, finds a way with the help of her frie
Andrea
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be still my heart! This novella was such a pleasure to read! A little bit of danger, six years of pent up emotion, unanswered questions, an unexpected journey, and maybe a second chance at love. This book has everything!
One of my favorite lines is; "Some things were more potent than venom. Love was the most potent of all."
I loved Clara's gumption. She took charge and fled from the plans her brother had for her.
My heart felt so much for Ethan. He left New York feeling unworthy and returns feel
Julie
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Novellas can sometimes be difficult to read if the characters aren’t known through a previous story, but Amber Lynn Perry has done a fabulous job of throwing the reader into the lives of Ethan and Clara. This is truly a sweet, captivating, easy-to-read romance. It’s a beautiful story of love and forgiveness that is sure to leave you with a smile on your face.
Dana Michael
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome story from this author. This novella was so good. I really loved the happily ever after ending. So sweet.
Adrienne
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the Revolutionary War, Clara Moore's Tory brother plans to take her to England and force her to marry; Clara asks a friend to help her escape by finding someone to take her from New York to safety with relatives in Boston. She's not anticipating that the person who will take her, though, will be Ethan Barrick--the man who left her behind six years before on their wedding day. She never understood why he left, and she doesn't know how she'll endure being near him on the journey, but she mus ...more
Amy
Apr 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been one of Amber Lynn Perry's biggest fan through the years and have loved every single one of her releases. Upon My Heart Forever is no exception. I loved this beautiful story with Clara and Ethan. This is one of those stories that will speak to a reader's heart.
I am giving this fabulous read a well deserved five plus stars.
I received this book from the author, but was not required to write a review. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
3.5 Stars

UPON MY HEART FOREVER is a story of heartbreak, escape, second chances, and love. Set shortly after the Revolutionary War in the United States where Tories were leaving to England or trying to salvage what they could, one women seeks her own happiness instead of her brother's domineering wishes by escaping to her aunt and uncle in Boston. Sweet historical romance readers will enjoy the chemistry and sweetness of this romance.

I found these characters to be interesting. I really liked Eth
Janene M Petersen
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Overall rating: 4 stars

This story pulled me in from the beginning. Tensions built as Clara hurriedly packs her belongings so she can escape her brother Lawrence before he returns home. Lawrence wants to sail for England to escape the colonies after the war. Also, he wants to marry his sister off to an unknown baron from Derbyshire.

Ethan Barrik, Clara's ex-fiancee, will be leading her to safety. Will their love be rekindked? Will thy escape Lawrence?

Things that were well done:

1. Because of the au
Karen
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
In her signature style of passion and drama, Amber Lynn Perry paints an exciting love story that can be enjoyed in one afternoon!

Upon My Heart Forever starts out with Clara, in need of a fast getaway when her brother plans to take her back to England so that she can be forced into an arranged marriage. Ethan, her former fiancé and the man charged with seeing her to safety, is wracked with guilt over the way that their relationship previously ended. As they journey from New York to Boston, they a
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

This is quite plainly a cute historical novella. Is there much conflict? Not really. It's full of emotional angst from the hero's abandoning the heroine before the book starts, but the basis for the romance is already set, and the urgency to escape the heroine's controlling brother just fuels the romance. Is it particularly stand out among novellas, not particularly, but is it a cute clean book that is fun to read, just because? Abs
Luci Jamison
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable book. It was a nice read.

I liked the characters Clara and Ethan very much. I also found I liked the development of the two as they moved from not feeling loved and the related hurt, and the one who loved but caused the hurt.

There was colonial war and war of words, but both love and good friends and divine help to help bridge some walls.

I did not like the fact that the brother character was not more developed and would have liked to have seen more "tension" to be resolved in
Lorieah
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I was really torn about what to write here. I was really pulled in by the first few chapters. But then I found myself getting more and more frustrated that even though they were back together relatively quickly, he spends more than half the book justifying why NOT telling her why he broke her heart is the right thing to do. Add to that the fact that I kept getting pulled out of the story by the overuse of large, archaic wording, and it just lost steam for me.

I did learn a few things, and Amber L
Andrea
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for first love, second chances stories, so Upon My Heart Forever appealed to me right away. I liked the characters, and thought that even though this was a novella, the development wasn't lacking. The way Clara and Ethan meet after having been apart for six years was quite entertaining.

I enjoyed the post Revolutionary setting. A few things seemed like they may not have fit that era, but on the whole it was a clean, enjoyable, and quick read. I would read more from this author.

3.5 St
Sunshinemeg
May 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's funny how we second guess ourselves when our heart is on the line, and it's no different for Ethan and Clara. Six years of separation has not dimmed their feeling for each other, but both are afraid. I love the sweet romance with lighter touches of historical background descriptions. Each character is like someone you've met before, from the best friend that would do anything for you, to the lady who talks and fusses over you that you can't explain what is really happening. Great quick read ...more
Melody
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was ok
I find that mediocre books generally have a plot that's okay and writing that is less than stellar. This one was the reverse of that; the writing was stronger, but the plot had gaping holes and inconsistencies. I also didn't like how the main characters took so long to voice their true feelings, which is something that always drives me crazy...both in real life and in books.

Content: clean. No profanity. No sex. Some mild violence.

Disclaimer: I received an advance review copy of this book.
Tracy
Loved the story but not the length. It was already short, but I wanted it shorter, largely because I just didn’t get into the angst and agony and melodrama of it. I was rooting for the two young lovers and loved their passionate feelings for one another. For my part, I just didn’t need it to go on so long with so little other storyline.
Terressa
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great story from a fantastic author! Loved it!

Disclosure statement:
I receive complimentary books for review from publishers, publicists,
and/or authors, including Netgalley. I am not required to write positive
reviews. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this
in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255.
Becky
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great story. I enjoyed the quick read. It was fun to see two people in love torn apart by war find their way back. Ethan and Clara had a rough go, but were able to reconcile and love again. I would recommend this book to others. I was given a free copy of this book for an honest review. All opinions expressed are my own.
Kathy
Apr 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book set in Colonial times. The characters are so human, flawed- like all of us. Their struggle to come to terms with what happened 6 years before was well written. I love the novellas length. I can read it in an afternoon.