Start by marking “Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)

Cruel Prince

(Royal Hearts Academy #1)

4.06  ·  Rating details ·  16,693 ratings  ·  1,693 reviews
Welcome to their kingdom...

I never thought I'd step foot in Royal Manor again.
But four years later, here I am...back to finish my senior year at Royal Hearts Academy.

And forced to face Jace Covington.
My first friend. First crush. First kiss.
The one I left behind.

Only—he isn't the same boy I gave my heart to.

This new Jace is as cruel as he is gorgeous.
And he's determ
Published August 20th 2019 (first published August 17th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Cruel Prince, please sign up.
DFZ Check your local library. If they don't have it, see if they'll order it.…moreCheck your local library. If they don't have it, see if they'll order it.(less)
Maetime Reads Pretty graphic, it takes place in high school, but it's definitely not a ya romance.…morePretty graphic, it takes place in high school, but it's definitely not a ya romance.(less)

·  16,693 ratings  ·  1,693 reviews

Start your review of Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic cruel-prince

'CRUEL PRINCE' is the first book in Ashley Jade's 'Royal Hearts Academy' series. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives'

“WARNING: Royal Hearts Academy is a New Adult/High School series of stand-alones filled with drama, a touch of angst, and boys who are bad to the bone.” That alone ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️all my boxes!!

First off let me say that all you angst whores will not want to miss this one!! Definitely a one click recommendation!! This ticked my angsty box perfectly!! This sent me on such a whip lash k
Wendy
Re-read so I am ready for the second book ;) 1/6/20

4,5

Wow, what a ride... I have been looking forward to reading this book ever since I first read the blurb. What can I say... I am all for a good "bully" YA story. They are like cupcakes to me... I want to gobble them all up.

eating cupcakes gif - Google zoeken

I knew even before opening this one, that I was in for an emotional rollercoaster and a world of angst. Of course, I was right...as ever...and I was alternating laughing, crying, swooning and cursing all throughout the s

mel ☽
no no nope. there’s not enough grovelling for me to make me like both MCs.

ok so gotta admit the plot intrigued me and i read this in one sitting. i mean, ex childhood best friends turned enemies because of miscommunication and tragedy? wow. this is the shit im trash for. i imagined the angstfest in this was gonna be off the charts but not really. it did keep me hooked and the writing was great but i just couldn't handle how annoying the MCs were.

OW/OM drama
the OW drama is what ruined this fo
queen_of_the_books_18
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“Butterflies appear when angels are near.”

Cruel Prince is book 1 in the Royal Hearts Academy series. No cliffhanger.

I never expected to cry ugly tears reading this book but the pain radiating off these pages absolutely gutted me.

”Kiss me like you’re mine. I dare you.”

The emotions A Jade takes you through in this book are no joke. I laughed my ass off at Oakley’s stupid comments, I cried my eyes out at the heartbreak that encompasses both Dylan and Jase’s worlds, I screamed at my kindle because
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ashley has scored once again with this hearttouching story of Love gone wrong in horrendous ways.
This High School Bully romance gets right down to business from page 1. It shock and stuns with brutal honesty about not-so-innocent High Schoolers heavily indulging in alcohol, drugs, sex and bullying.

description

All are interrelated and one thing leads to the other.
"Heart doesn't choose who we love by their worth.
Because love isn't a choice.
It's an illogical, all-consuming consequence that results from so
Nikitasbookreviews
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Okay so I’ve had my eye on this book since forever!
Omg y’all Jace is a complete douche nugget but am i still hot over him? Hell freaking yes 🤣 jace is such a meanie right now! I can’t wait to find out what he thinks dylan did to make him hate her so much!
I literally wanted to punch jace so many times because he couldn’t get his head out of his ass! Like seriously dudeeee!!! What did she do!!!? Lol

Gahh this book has me soo captivated I can’t put it down
Omggg the things that happens in this boo
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

CALLING ALL ANGST WH*RES! I REPEAT...CALLING ALL ANGST WH*RES! You need to get your hands on this story...like RIGHT NOW! YES I MEAN IT, RIGHT NOW...DROP EVERYTHING YOU ARE DOING AND PICK UP A COPY!

Cruel Prince is the first book in Ashley Jade's addictively captivating Royal Hearts Academy series and oh my freaking goodness what the PERFECT introduction to this brand new series! Let's just say that the angst level in this story is turned WAY up h
Amy Dickinson
Overall Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️++

How do you know if a book is a 5 star read? I think that’s always the question when you sit down to review a book. For me, it comes down to two things: does the book make me feel? Does it elicit any level of emotion from me? And secondly, is there some degree of believability to the story or the characters? For me, tied to that believability is the authenticity of emotion. Are the feelings I’m feeling (anger, sadness, frustration, happiness, joy, etc) true feelings? E
Denise ☾ Chatterbooks Book Blog ☾
✨ DREAMY’S REVIEW ✨

“The Mariana Trench isn’t deep enough for what I feel for you.”

UNPUTDOWNABLE. PHENOMENAL. CAPTIVATING. EMOTIONAL. HEARTBREAKING. INTENSE. BEAUTIFUL. DEEP. HOT AF.

The minute this baby dropped into my Kindle, all bets were off. I refused to eat. I refused to sleep. I ignored my family. I put my phone on Do Not Disturb.

I inhaled and exhaled Cruel Prince until it’s last word.

I’ve been highly anticipating this book and you bet your ass I wasn’t going to let anything stop me
Mali Mor ❤️ The Romantic Blogger
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Girls, welcome to the kingdom of the cruelest Prince you've ever met! 👑🔥
Cruel-Prince-no-logo
📚 "I’m destroying the kingdom.
And just like a game of chess.
You have to take down the queen before conquering the king.
Or in this case, the prince." 📚

God, I love reading good books- about bad boys!!! 😋 Not just bad, one that makes my stomach shrink, my heart ache, my hands shake and my panties... well, you know what I mean (this is a public group, for heaven's sake!) 😂🙈
JACE Fucking COVINGTON!!! 👑

📚 "How could som
Lisa Rangel
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal!!! Outstanding and Amazing!! Emotional ride!! When she mentioned this book would give us feels, she wasn’t kidding. This book was another level of emotions. I laughed in some parts, I cried in others so bad. But in the end, it was everything we needed.
The story of Jace and Dylan is far more than what I expected. The love these two had for one an another, was different than any other love. But there was one problem, Jace loved her but he wasn’t the only one. They both have history and
C Dorsey
*long, gushing post ahead*
It was a few years ago that I stumbled across Ashley Jade. I was so new to the whole romance and book world. I didn’t even know this community existed. It was Kindle Unlimited that suggested her Blame it on the Pain book to me because I was becoming obsessed with mafia romances. I ate up that book, then the Shame series. I had never been so deeply affected by characters like Ricky and Loulou. Literally the hugest book hangover. It was so amazing.
I’ve read practically ev
Christy

388CD8E6_8E11_43EE_A19B_D159C01EBB12_IMG_8112
“He’s the yin to my yang. The down to my up. The crazy to my normal. The damaged pieces to all my broken parts.”

Cruel Prince was my first book by Ashley Jade and it was one heck of a ride. If you are a lover of bully/teenage angst romances this is the book for you. These aren’t my favorite kind of reads, but honestly I really wanted to read the second book in this series because I’ve heard great things about it and had to get to this one first.

Years ago, Dylan was forc
Keri Loves Books
5 Stars For My Newest Addiction
A high school bully romance that was about first loves, revenge and second chances. I read it in one sitting because putting this down was not an option! This story, the characters, the OMG moments kept me hooked!

Dylan is back after she was forced to leave her home and best friend without warning four years ago. The most important thing changed and that was her best friend, Jace. He was always broody and kept his feelings hidden...now he’s angry and determined to m
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
4.5

Bully romance is one of my favorite things to read. It's enemies to lovers to the extreme, and I can't get enough! Intense attraction, insane sexual tension, and tortuous angst, what's not to love?

From the moment I heard about Cruel Prince, I knew I had to have it. It sounded perfect for me, and even though I had never read anything by Ashley Jade before, I anticipated it for months. By the time it actually landed on my kindle, the expectation was real, and I was worried I had set myself up
Kim
ETA: I found out a lot of things about this book and a certain somebody who puts in A LOT of effort (almost like she wrote it herself?) to defend this book thanks to a GR friend.

I also found out that I am not smart enough to read this book apparently, but that’s probably because my first language isn’t English and that makes me a shitty reviewer. Whoops.
———————————

I feel like the only good bully romance out there is Bully. I could feel the pain and I could understand why it all happened (altho
Ashley Jade
Jun 02, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Preorder exclusively on apple here: https://apple.co/2H5LORu
(Please note: Cruel Prince will only be available on apple for pre-order. After that, it will be exclusive to Amazon.) If you prefer iBooks, I highly recommend scooping it up on pre-order so you don't miss out.) <3

Namera [The Literary Invertebrate]
2.5 stars. There is nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, I hate more in the romance world than a heroine who pretends to be strong when she's secretly weak AF.

SOME SPOILERS, BE WARNED

Dylan does a good job of pretending to be strong. She beats up her step-cousin well, which I liked, and she talks a big talk - all about how tough she is and won't take any more sh*t from her bully. The problem? SHE NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH. Every time the hero got his hands on her, she was moaning and begging, only for h
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
I was so... TIRED reading this book lol. It’s yet another bully romance where the reason for bullying is just crap. Made no sense by the end when everything came out. And there’s. no. groveling. She takes him back with a snap of his fingers even after everything he put her through. He doesn’t do anything to earn her forgiveness. Yuck. I only ever liked the fact that Dylan stood up for herself, even if that meant throwing hands 😂
Meredith Wilson
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow, what a ride! Cruel Prince took me on a roller coaster ride of feels with plenty of angsty goodness that my little heart desires. I smiled and I laughed. I cried and I cursed. And I swooned all throughout. Ashley Jade delivers a powerful and emotional story that has left me obsessed and begging for more. The Royal Hearts Academy series starts off with a bang and never lets up from beginning to end.

"No one in the whole wide world has the power to make me feel both love and hate simultaneously
Malene
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need a breather after finishing Cruel Prince. This was such an exciting and entertaining book. This is why it’s called a bully romance. Cruel Prince doesn’t hold back on anything. It’s a tour de force in angst and emotional turmoil. I couldn’t get enough.
I enjoyed being in the company of Dylan, Oakley, Sawyer and the Covington siblings. This was such a fabulous and addictive roller coaster of emotions and incredible characters.
Jace and his siblings are rulers of Royal Hearts Academy and lets i
DW
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cruel Prince is so worth more than 5 stars. Man... this book took me all over the place. I was happy, sad, mad, shocked and then it would start all over again!!

I kept having to remind myself that these are high schoolers because I would forget at times. Not that there is a ton of crazy hot sex or anything but because they all act so “adulty”.

First off: you will LOVE Dylan. She is a fiesty little scrapper that will have you cracking up because she does not back down from a fight. She is pure aw
Sentranced Jem
Aug 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2019
For ONCE the hype is real!!!!
I have been dying to read this book for forever now! The teasers, the synopsis...they captured me and I wanted this book ASAP!
I had so such high expectations and they were all worth it..all that excitement...the constant need for update on the book release was worth it all!

I don't know what's happening to me but I've been gravitating a lot towards the enemies to lovers trope. So take my word for it when I tell you that I have been constantly reading soooo many books
ANGELA
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was ok
Cruel Prince - Ashley Jade

Dnf 28%

Dylan and Jace met at 11 years old. Both of them lost their mother and that brings them close to each other and makes them best friends.
For 2 years they are inseparable , until Dylan shows Jace her true feelings and he rejects her, although he feels the same.

Dylan's father sudden marriage, makes her move away to another town and away from Jace.

Dylan come back to the town she left 4 years ago ,to live with her aunt and Jace best friend Oakley. Again like beafor
Tanya
Shelves: arc-groups, personal
Ok let me start by saying this book blew me away. I don't know how Ashley did it but she managed to take a YA story and make it relatable to this 40 something woman. The way she took the words and manipulated them into actual feelings and emotions is utterly brilliant. Jase is the definition of cruel. You will want to hate him and love him all at the same time. Dylan is not to be left out though and gives it right back with sassy sarcasm and wit. I laughed at, cried with and loved every characte ...more
Syndi
Mar 04, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
DnF

Man! Its sucks that I have so many DNF early in 2020. Cruel Prince is a carbon copy of Bully by Penelope Douglas. While Bully hits the right note in every twist and climax, Cruel Prince lacks of originality.

Also the characters do not develop very well so the chemistry is forced. The conversation is stiff and shallow. It does not help with building that climax nor emotional attachment to the characters. There are so many secondary characters on this book that I got confuse.

I try to keep goin
2OCC Reviews
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jessica, gemma
Gemma’s Review

This was a perfectly written angst-filled read that really took me on an emotional ride. There is always something so special about a story that can make you feel so many different emotions and this is one story that definitely made me feel everything from crying to laughing out loud. This was so much more than just a story about young love between two characters. It's about two characters that have experienced loss and pain throughout their life. The story really followed the love
nikki
Apr 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So I read a new release bully romance recently which didn’t exactly blow me away, but something that a lot of the reviews had in common was that they compared it to this book by Ashley Jade. So obviously I had to check it out and see why people were raving about it. I seriously was not prepared to become so obsessed by a group of characters that I would end up losing hours from day! I started CRUEL PRINCE and I barely moved until I had finished it.
So many times I’ve picked up a bully romance and
Fre06 Begum

• Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Steel Princess (Royal Elite, #2)
  • Twisted Kingdom (Royal Elite, #3)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • Black Knight (Royal Elite, #4)
  • The Lies We Tell (The Four, #1)
  • The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1)
  • Bad Guy (Providence Prep High School #1)
  • Unbreakable (Haven Falls #6)
  • Dear Ava
  • Cruel King (Royal Elite, #0)
  • Naked or Dead
  • Deposed (Kings of Mercia Academy #3)
  • Undeniable (Haven Falls #5)
  • Untameable (Haven Falls #3)
  • Saint (Angelview Academy, #1)
  • Vicious Prince (Royal Elite, #5)
  • Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists Book 1)

Royal Hearts Academy (4 books)
  • Ruthless Knight (Royal Hearts Academy, #2)
  • Wicked Princess (Royal Hearts Academy, #3)
  • Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy, #4)

News & Interviews

“Okay, here’s the deal, fuckers. If anyone sees a chick named Sawyer, I need to speak with her immediately. We got a family emergency happening here.” 5 likes
“You’re my favorite color” 5 likes