Start by marking “Born For Worship: The Best You Can Be In Worship-Arts Ministry” as Want to Read:
Born For Worship: The Best You Can Be In Worship-Arts Ministry

Born For Worship: The Best You Can Be In Worship-Arts Ministry

it was amazing 5.00  ·  Rating details ·  28 ratings  ·  26 reviews
We imagined passion, excellence, and contagious joy engaging our congregation. Instead, we discovered anxiety, dissatisfaction, frustration, and burnout. Deep down, many of us long to tap into depths within ourselves that we sense remain just out of our reach, if only we knew how. Whether used by a group or individually, this guidebook encapsulates over 30 years of success ...more
Published February 28th 2019 by Hearts In Tune WORSHIP

To ask other readers questions about Born For Worship, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Born For Worship

it was amazing 5.00  ·

Autumn Duran
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tim balances decades of technical expertise with endearing personal stories. The tone of the book is deeply humble, with a great sense of humor woven throughout. I had many "Oh man, he's talking to me!" moments. The cheerful, optimistic energy Tim brings to this subject is refreshing.

When reading ministry-focused books, I am adamant that they be focused on the main thing - that is, Jesus. There is no point in constructing a worship/church culture that isn't dedicated to Jesus and the Spirit in e
Adam Dennis
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tim brings a wealth of knowledge from many years on the frontline in worship ministry. His insights, stories, and humor will give you a new appreciation for the great privilege and responsibility that is worship ministry and some valuable practical tools that you can use in your own context.
sheri j bradley
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is for worship leaders and those of us who are called to be worshippers. I know Tim to be great worship leader and now I know he is also a great writer. The book is informative and motivational. His first hand stories help make this book I truly enjoyed.

Pre release edition
Glenn Planck
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great resource, whether you are a member of a worship ministry team or not. This book is for anyone who wants to grow as a follower of Jesus or as a leader in their church - or both. Anyone who wants to develop spiritually will find something of value in Born For Worship.
Kaitlyn Miller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a musician who volunteers in the worship community, "Born for Worship" is a amazing read! It discusses many key topics involving worship in a relatable way, one that is thought provoking, inspiring, and Christ focused. Highly recommended this book and all the wisdom Tim has to offer.
Grace Graber
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Born for Worship was easy to read, inspirational, and thought provoking.
I recommend this book to all who are worshipers at heart.
Courtney
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a relatively new worship leader, I knew I would learn from Tim's book. But I soon realized that even people with decades of experience will benefit from it. "Born for Worship" is both practical and personal, humorous yet serious about what is most important: our relationship with Jesus.

Tim gives practical information on topics including how to prepare for a worship service, ways to encourage your team, methods for personal worship even while leading the congregation, how to handle late team
John Penfold
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Todd, what do you do for a living?", I asked a guy I met (for the first time) at a community breakfast this morning. "I don't really feel like talking", he replied, "I've got a lot on my mind right now." "OK, fine", I thought to myself, "then I don't want to talk to you, either." Fortunately, I gathered myself and said (I hope gracefully), "OK, no problem, I understand". So we ate in silence for 15 minutes while I finished my breakfast and while the Holy Spirit reminded me of a phrase I had rea ...more
Jerry Hershberger
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tim has done a great service for Worship Leaders and their team members in writing Born for Worship.
Through his personal story telling and his experience of being a ‘regular guy’ playing guitar on a worship team to being a paid Church Staff Worship Leader, he paints a picture of the highs and lows of being in the ministry of worship participation. He shows what a privilege it is to lead God’s people in worship. He also teaches what worshiping God is all about.
His book is laid out in such a way
Barbara Cook
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is a must read if you are involved in worship ministry and leadership. I appreciated Tim’s personal stories that helped applied the points he was making. The format made it so easy to read. This book can also be applied to any type of ministry that involves team and relationship building. I also appreciated Tim’s emphasis on your walk with Jesus and growing in Him as the most important part of worship ministry.
Julia Birky
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book and this author excite me for two reasons. First, The author becomes vulnerable by sharing his real life experiences. Second, the author’s thoughts and experiences cause us to think critically in our own situations. The author explains how our own transformation can lead to God working through us to transform others. The application of this book is for everyone, even those of us outside the daily working realm of worship art ministry. This book is easy to read and has useful questions ...more
Tina Kreischer
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I chose to read Born For Worship by Timothy J Miller as a church volunteer. I wish I would have had this book to go through with my team when I was a worship leader or MOPS Coordinator! I believe it would have impacted the congregation by the transformation they would have seen in us. Although I knew the book is geared toward those serving within the church, it didn’t take long before I realized that these principles aren’t only for application at church and what I do there, but can affect my li ...more
Sandy Miller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The writer’s shares his sensitive passionate heart for meaningful worship experience in Born for Worship. The reader is offered insight to be better equipped in effectiveness as a leader in both large and small worship settings. His creative personal conversational style allows for developing skills, talent, and gifts in leaders and participants in personal and corporate worship settings. The book also has great potential as a team study guide to encourage and equip teams.
Bob Miller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As a person who does little reading, I find this book refreshing and encouraging. This valuable tool is easy to read, understandable, and has valuable content for both personal worship experience and team growth.
Eric Good
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book. Tim packs 30+ years of experience of worship leading into this. Authentic, Real, down-to-earth. Very helpful. Recommended!
Todd Miller
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super insightful book! It is helpful for anyone on a worship team. Wonderfully useful for a team to go through together. The ideas, insights, and challenges will deepen and encourage your entire team. Thanks for writing this book and making is fun and easy to utilize. Two thumbs up!
Tabor
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m still in the process of reading this book but so far it’s great! Funny personal stories, very well written and wisdom that pertains to life in general. You don’t have to be in the worship arts to get something good out of this book.
Andrew Buttigieg
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Born to worship is an enjoyable and helpful Christ centered read. It’s full of insight from Tim’s years of experience. I highly recommend this book to anyone in the worship community to grow in Christ.
Thank you Tim.

Kristin Priest
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Born for Worship managed to be full of useful information, entertaining stories & real life practical tips all while being an easy read! And coming from someone who doesn’t love reading, I really appreciate that. Highly recommend whether you’re in ministry or not👍
Joyce Fortune
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Even though this book is written for those in the Worship/Arts, anyone can benefit from it. It's all about worship, and we are all Born to Worship. I especially enjoyed the chapter on Meet with the Master. It's very easy reading, and Tim's personal stories make it "real."
Jonathan Miller
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An awesome deep dive into unlocking the potential in every person involved in worship! This is not just a guide to making a team better. It is a journey into learning how we connect to the Lord through different acts of worship.
Julie Buttigieg
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whether you are on the platform or in the congregation, Born to Worship is a great tool for all who are interested in growing in their worship experience. Enjoyable personal stories along with thought provoking questions to consider. Overall, a wonderful book!
Anita Miller
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will help any worship team in church, from small to large, become all God intended them to be. Also, this book can benefit all believers in Christ as they serve each other and the Lord.
An Note
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very well written book that will encourage and inspire anyone who wants to give their best in serving at church (or anywhere, really). The main message is that God’s purpose for our ministry is our transformation, our growth and maturity. I loved frequent “Pause and Consider” stops in each section that are thought provoking and help the readers examine their hearts, motivations, weaknesses, etc.

A very easy read. Short sections in each chapter can serve as a daily encouragement. Or, like me, on
Audrey Laureys
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You don't have to be in worship ministry to enjoy this book. Anyone can learn from it and apply it for personal use or serving in other ways. It is both inspiring and interesting to read!
Brenda Yutzy
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is great for leaders and members on the team. It deals with all aspects of the ministry, including personal growth, how to lead and how to be a part of the team. This would be a great resource to use and grow together. This can also apply to other businesses, personal lives, etc. We are all influencers. It is enjoyable and easy to read. Tim shares his own experiences which make it down to earth. It challenged me in my own personal walk. Highly recommend.
Timothy Miller
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Matthew Oyer
Feb 27, 2019
Author and ministry coach Timothy J Miller draws on over 30 years as a worship pastor and musician to help church professionals, leaders, and worship-arts volunteers to develop more impact.

He said “Yes” to Jesus in 1970. His 7-year-old heart understood this much, “I wanted to have the best relationship with God possible. Sin got in the way. I needed Jesus to by my Savior.” By age 15 he picked up