Start by marking “Dying for Data” as Want to Read:
Dying for Data

Dying for Data

(Adina Donati, Accidental Sleuth #2)

Bad karma, a rival suitor, and a deadly attack are enough to put a damper on any date.

Just when Adina’s social life is looking up, her night out is interrupted by the scream of police sirens. Afraid her bartender boyfriend might be accused of murder, Adina’s neighbor enlists her assistance, and in the process exposes her to the seamier side of illegal immigration and crim

To ask other readers questions about Dying for Data, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying for Data

LORI CASWELL
Sep 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Cassidy Salem packs a punch into these 175 pages and once you start you won’t be able to stop reading.

This story could gone entirely in a different direction and into the thriller genre as the author takes on some current hot topics, but she stayed well within the cozy realm. I was very impressed at the way she did that.

This was my first experience meeting Adina Donati, I missed out of the first book of this series, Think Murder but enough background was given that I had no tr
Leslie aka StoreyBook Reviews
This is a second in a series and I enjoyed this as much as the first book. I also liked the discussion about immigration, not too much, just enough. and since it is set in DC, it wouldn't be a book without discussing politics and even brief mentions (generically) of the upcoming election.

Adina is a caring person, especially when she helps her Russian neighbor's boyfriend who was attacked behind the restaurant where they work. It is quite interesting how they uncover who is behind the crimes and
Kristine Hall
Dying for Data is the second book in the series with main character and accidental sleuth, Adina Donati, but it stands alone just fine. At 176 pages, it is a quick but completely satisfying read; you get the story without the fluff! "Accidental sleuth" is a great description of main character Adina, as she seems to literally walk right into mysteries by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In my review of the first book in the series, Think Murder, I said Adina seemed like Bess from the N ...more
Hilary (A Wytch's Book Review)
Adina and Bruce (the man she met at the Dog Rescue Centre in the previous book) are headed out for dinner to a place recommended by one of Adina's neighbours (Elena).  During the meal Adina realises that Bruce is somewhat bigoted but is prepared to put up with it for the sake of a nice evening out, unfortunately a nice evening isn't what they get when the Police arrive as there has been an incident outside, the problem is that Elena's boyfriend, Rafael, was involved and he is now in hospital, th ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Available Kindle Unlimited which is how I got it, seemed a bit 'off' or maybe dragging in a couple of places but then again this was not a 'cozy' murder and is set up differently so with that in mind it was a good story and worth the time.

Think Murder (Adina Donati, Accidental Sleuth Book 1)
Dying for Data (Adina Donati, Accidental Sleuth #2)

Also the co-author of the Hannah and Tamar Mystery series for YA

for some reason didn't review this from when read on amazon
Mette Barfelt
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cassidy-salem
Great story

I really enjoyed this entertaining and cozy mystery about Adina and her Russian friend.
I love her romance with Jonathan, the detective.
It's a fast-paced read and you want to turn the pages until the end.
The plot is great and the book is very well written.
C.A. King
Aug 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my goodness this has a bit on everything!

Mail order brides, illegal immigration, a murder, a mystery and even a bit of scandal is thrown into 175 pages, making it packed full of action.

The main character is a vet who is trying to juggle work, an unstable love life when her bestfriend's boyfriend is accused of the murder. Even worse she's on a date with a co-worker at the restaurant where the crime takes place when the other man she is dating shows up as the detective on the case.

Well writte
Beatrice
Good Quick Read

The is fast aced story with engaging characters and an interesting plot. I look forward to reading the next one.
Molly Zucknick
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While the reader may see Dying for Data by author Cassidy Salem as an entertaining cozy mystery waiting to be read, they may not expect to find the undercurrents of an educational experience on two extremely hot social topics - immigration and abandoned dogs. Ms. Salem exercised great care so as not to write Dying for Data as an ‘in your face’ social comment but as an entertaining exposition that happens to be quite informative. Ms. Salem achieved the delicate balance necessary to make Dying for ...more
Maria
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Adine Donati seems to be a magnet for problems to her and all her friends, this time the lucky ones are her neighbour Elena and her boyfriend Rafael. The question you have to ask is, has Rafael killed his cousin Tony?
I liked the brave and easy Adina, she always tries to help everyone and is loyal to her friends. Not all the feminine characters can be so human and touchable, Cassidy Salem had done a great job creating a good heroine and with beliefs and moral.
I have to say the case is quite inter
Charlyn
Hmmmm, immigration as a plot factor

Living five miles from the Mexican border, immigration and undocumented aliens are daily news here, so it was interesting to find the crime instigated by alien gangs in a mystery. Adina tries to help her neighbor's boyfriend by finding his cousin's murderer. Along the way she attends a symposium on immigration, learning how gangs from very different countries work together.
Barbara Tobey
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Spend some time in Washington, DC, you will be glad you did. Adina is a researcher, dog lover, and a good neighbor/friend. Since she is a young single professional lady, she has romantic entanglements, too. Engaging story of immigration, gangs, and murder. A copy was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. I enjoyed the first one in this series and am grateful for the opportunity to review the second one. I eagerly await the third one.
Shannon Binegar-Foster
WOW I thought book one in this series was outstanding but this one really topped it. The story has a way of drawing you in and keeping you on the the edge of your seat. Can't wait to see what is in Adina's future.

Disclosure: I received this book free of charge from the publisher. This review is my honest opinion, and is in no way influenced by the author or publisher.
Barbara Brink
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this cozy mystery and the the character of Adina as she falls into another murder mystery. I have not read the 1st in the series but it works well as a stand-a-lone read. There was also a sweet romance between two of the main characters that I hope will continue into the next book. All in all, Dying For Data was a quick, fun read!
thomas c allen
SD
Jess
added it
Sep 23, 2016
Cassidy Salem has always been an avid reader. She is especially fond of mysteries and historical fiction. When she’s not reading, she enjoys music and spending time with family and friends, and travels with her husband and son whenever possible.

Cassidy Salem is the author of the Adina Donati, Accidental Sleuth Mystery Series (Think Murder and Dying for Data).

Cassidy is also co-author of the Hannah

Adina Donati, Accidental Sleuth (2 books)
  • Think Murder