Start by marking “The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony” as Want to Read:
The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony

The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony

Earth is gone, and seventy-two humans have been saved from dying on a lifeless planet by a species known as the Par. Elinor Sturgeon and her crew are infected with a biological weapon, and now they are expected to fight in an intergalactic war. Elinor must fight for her new found home while trying to figure out the relationship she has formed with her new Par commander, Le ...more
Published February 16th 2019 by Living Springs Publishers

Be the first to ask a question about The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony

Start your review of The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony
Cheesecake
The author was kind enough to gift me a copy of her book. I was intrigued by it.

The world building was pretty imaginative and was my favourite part of the story.
Gotta say, I was bummed that it ends on a cliffhanger.
The first part of the story was kinda depressing because it's a dystopian future where Earth has been ruined by us, and our last colony struggles on a world that hadn't been fully terraformed. Only 70 humans are left and it's Elinor's job to find help.
And she does...
The Par find
Shaun Nightshade
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know how we always say that we shouldn’t judge a book by its cover? Well I just got really burned on that one. Don’t get me wrong, its a good cover and kind of gives the impression of a graphic novel (would actually be a really good idea). It’s just the cover didn’t really prepare me for the story the pages revealed.

So what’s this book all about? We start with Elinor Sturgeon, a searcher from the last human colony of Earth, Earth is gone and so the hopes of finding a viable planet to coloniz
Cheri
Feb 21, 2021 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elinor was searching for suitable planet to colonize on behalf of the last human colony. She has a run with the Pars, an alien race who offers to rescue the dwindling remains of her colony, but at a price of course. The humans are essentially drafted into a war with the Vokkna, the enemies of the Pars. At first the different Par names were confusing but I quickly past it. The story had a bit of a slow start due to worldbuilding and scifi explanations but I wasn't bored at all. It held my focus f ...more
Blue Reviews
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An impressive first person narrated chronicle Sci-Fi book with inter species romance...ooo hot and wild 🔥 isn't it?
........................
Earth is long destroyed and last colony of 72 humans is found by another species (Par). The humans are captivated by Par and are forced to enter a battle with another species (Vokkana) which is not theirs to fight.
Will Elinor fight a war that is not her's to persade?
Will she let humans and Par die?
And if she decides to battle will she be able to win?
Will she
Caroline | caro.library
The premise of this book is really intriguing, with displaced humans exploring the galaxy in search of a habitable planet, discovering the Par species, and being forced to assimilate into their culture. The world was really well developed with multiple alien species, each with their own language, biology, customs, and technology. The gender biases in the Par culture were relatable and drove a lot of the conflict. I absolutely love the old-school sci-fi comic book vibes of the cover.

However, this
Nick Lechler
Jul 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Thanks to R.T. Kilgore who send me this copy of her novel “The Historical Chronicles of Elinor Sturgeon and the Last Human Colony” in exchange for an honest (and, as usual, Very Short) Review—here we go ⬇️
° ° °
Reviewing this book kinda catches me off guard. I found it to be pretty not-put-downable despite some downsides like, imo, a story which is paced a little too slow and also has character conflicts (mostly gender based) which, for some time, don’t seem to go anywhere 🤷‍♂️
° ° °
And yet, I gre
Henry E.
Sep 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Elinor is a worthy heroine, all too human, yet has never experienced life on earth. She was raised on an outlying earth colony and sent into space to find other life forms. She was a Searcher. I had a difficult time with all of the, for want of a better word, alien sounding names. The effort was well worth the reward as I became enthralled with the characters themselves, even the brutish, Les, who violated standards of conduct, as measured on earth, but acceptable in the Parian culture. The char ...more
Kari Furne Stephens
May 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A great sci-fi romance that introduces the readers to interesting new species! The character development was intriguing and I found several characters that I loved and a few that I disliked. A fast paced, quick read that leaves you with a cliff hanger in need of volume 2!!! Highly recommend this new author!!!
DS
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Excellent science fiction romance drama

I selected this book on a whim. Had trouble following all of the different names right at first. But then when I got into it I couldn't put it down. Anxious to find out what will happen next
April J
Liz Bowcutt
Jennifer Bowcutt
Lauren Peterson
Aug 18, 2020

• Recaptured by the Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #2)
  • Once a Crime Lord (Crime Lord, #3)
  • Hostage (Criminals & Captives, #2)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Allison's Adventures in Underland (Harem of Hearts #1)
  • Some Kind of Monster (Friends with the Monsters #2)
  • Unspoiled (Forthright Fanfiction, #4)
  • Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2)
  • Gypsy Moon (All The Pretty Monsters, #4)
  • Gypsy Rising (All the Pretty Monsters, #5)
  • Gypsy Origins (All The Pretty Monsters #3)
  • Gypsy Truths (All The Pretty Monsters #6)
  • The Bad Guy
  • Sour Candy
  • Rejected (Shadow Beast Shifters, #1)
  • A Sparrow Alone
  • Allison and the Torrid Tea Party (Harem of Hearts #2)
  • The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #1-5)
R.T. Kilgore is a science fiction author born and raised in Austin, Texas. The first two books of her debut science-fiction series are out now. Her sarcastic writing style has been compared to Douglas Adams, a fact that brings her all kinds of joy.
Kilgore currently resides in with her dog, Pilgrim. When she's not writing or causing mischief, she teaches yoga.