Start by marking “The Mage-Born Anthology” as Want to Read:
The Mage-Born Anthology

The Mage-Born Anthology

Before the Mage-Born Bounties:

Before they became known as the dangerous mage-born bastards, Reshi’s brothers and sisters were young mages growing into their powers in a kingdom that forbids the use of magic. This collection of short stories follows Eagan, Kila, Velyn and the rest of Reshi’s magical siblings as they develop their magic and learn to survive during the period
ebook, 1
Published March 7th 2019 by Blue Feather Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Mage-Born Anthology, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mage-Born Anthology

Start your review of The Mage-Born Anthology
Jennifer (bunnyreads)
If you were a fan of Sorcerous Rivalry or Mistress Mage (or just want to know what all the hoopla is about) you will want to get in on this anthology! Full of bite-sized stories about Reshi’s siblings, this gives us a peek at their lives and insight to their characters before the big Mage-Hunt that spurred the events of Sorcerous Rivalry.

Like her other books Kayleigh Nicol’s tone is light even though some of subject matter can be pretty heavy and dark. It’s a delicate balance that she does very
Kristen
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review is here, on my blog!~

Oh anthologies. You take me literally forever to get through. Such is the world of reading bits of them around other things, I guess. This one took an absolute aaaage to get through, by no fault of its own, of course, but mainly because I was so busy with review requests and the SPFBO that I couldn’t really even stop to read a story from this in between. It kind of fell off my radar for a bit but never fear! I always picked it back up for more!

Wayward Scholar – W
Samantha || Fictionally Sam
Rating: 4.5 stars
Representation: LGBTQIA+, non-traditional family, adoption

“A Bargain made.”
“The terms upheld.”
“The price agreed.”
“The debt repaid.”

I really enjoyed myself with this one! The Mage-Born Anthology is a collection of short stories that follows the six bastard children of the King of Zarapheth as they come to learn the knowledge of who they truly are and learning to master their new found abilities.

Each story told in a different perspective from each of the seven children, we
Anna K. Scott
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a great companion book to the main stories. I have a thing for short(er) stories and anthologies. I think so much can be explored through them. In the Mage-Born Anthology, we get to see snapshots of the lives of characters we wouldn't see otherwise: the royal mage siblings, Ammon, and even Wix the fae. It adds more rich detail to the world, giving more insight to the Great Mage Hunt and other aspects of the kingdom such as the three Star sects.

First is Reina, a character we see briefly
Dianthaa
Jul 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

I read this with no knowledge of the universe and I didn’t have any trouble following along or anything, so if you want to you can read it before Sorcerous Rivalry.

This is gonna be one of those rambling reviews just listing things I liked

The stories

The really cool thing is how different all the stories all to each other. They all show how the MC deals with finding out they are Mage-Born, but they each take it differently, and the stories’ settings are also very diverse.

There’s the bookish introv
Alexandra Mack
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Mageborn Anthology is full of short stories discussing the lives of Reshi’s siblings before and after they received their powers. Some of his siblings lived together while others lived on their own, not knowing that they had any siblings. They were all raised in different locations across the country, they all have different personalities, and they all develop very different powers. I’m not going to be able to review all the stories without including major spoilers, so I am just going to foc ...more
Rebecca (Medusa's Rock Garden)
Fantastic addition to the Mage-Born world. I started this yesterday with the intention of reading one story every day or two in between other books.... But I couldn't stop reading it, so, here we are.

It begins with Reina and I absolutely loved her story. I also loved reading more about Kila. Wixs history was super sad. Indeed many of the stories were kind of sad to read about, but I guess that should have been obvious considering these are all leading up to the Bounties and what comes after that
Andy Winkle
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Emotional and Epic!

Nicol has outdone herself on this work! Each short story is a character from Sorcerous Rivalry and reading about their origins has made the events in Sorcerous Rivalry and Mistress Mage so much more impactful. A part of me wishes that we could have more stories like this, but I'm also eager to hear about what's coming next for Reshi and Kestral.

Of all of the stories here, Cera's was the one that spoke strongest to me. The world that the author has built here is a stark contra
Axel
This anthology shows what I like so much about Kayleigh Nicol, she managed to write such interesting characters that really makes you want to read what happens to them. While all stories was great, "Storm Front" was my favorite of them all. Can't wait to see what is in stock for this world and Nicol in the future.
BriarGrey
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
4.5/5 This is an excellent companion to the series that starts with Sorcreous Rivalry. The book follows all of Reshi's siblings as they start coming into their powers in a world where mages are being hunted. Getting these extra glimpses into the world is great, and Nicol's delivers with a series of engaging stories.
Julia
Jan 23, 2020
Kulgan
Mar 31, 2020
Kayleigh Nicol
Apr 15, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Roman
Madeline
Andrew
Brett Harding
Aug 20, 2020

• The Last Sun (The Tarot Sequence, #1)
  • The Hanged Man (The Tarot Sequence, #2)
  • Network Effect (The Murderbot Diaries, #5)
  • Street Cultivation
  • Balam, Spring (Ustlian Tales #1)
  • Bonds of Brass (The Bloodright Trilogy #1)
  • We Ride the Storm (The Reborn Empire, #1)
  • How to Defeat a Demon King in Ten Easy Steps
  • Ember Queen (Ash Princess Trilogy, #3)
  • The Heresy Within (The Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Orconomics (The Dark Profit Saga, #1)
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician, #2)
  • The Light of All That Falls (The Licanius Trilogy, #3)
  • Never Die
  • Limited Wish (Impossible Times, #2)
  • Make The Yuletide Gay: The Novel
  • Lady Smoke (Ash Princess Trilogy, #2)
  • Make The Yuletide Gay 2: The Novel
Lifelong nerd and fangirl Kayleigh Nicol earned her Bachelor’s of Science in Animal Science at Cal Poly Pomona, California. After years of volunteering at zoos and aquariums in California, Kayleigh now works at a therapeutic horseback riding center in Long Island, NY. When not taking care of her own menagerie of rescued animals, she enjoys watching anime, playing video games and reading as many fa ...more