Start by marking “When We Fall (Rocky Falls #1)” as Want to Read:
When We Fall (Rocky Falls #1)

When We Fall (Rocky Falls #1)

Erin Michaels wants nothing more than to just survive high school. With a life long crush on the boy next door, and his mean girl girlfriend who seems to want to make her life miserable, it’s no wonder those short years feel like a lifetime.

That is, until Mason Knight.

When Mason Knight rocks up at Rocky Falls High, Erin’s world turns upside down, and her eyes are opened to
Kindle Edition
Published March 26th 2019 by Bright Eyes Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about When We Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When We Fall

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic WHEN WE FALL: by Olivia Rose is the first book in her Rocky Falls series. It has been re-edited and republished, formerly by Sloane Murphy, now under pen name.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicThis starts off in Erin’s senior year at Rocky Falls High, where she is subjected to harsh bullying with spans over the years by one girl in particular and her cronies Ever since Tegan came to my fifth birthday party, and her aunt died the next day
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
 photo ARC BANNER_zpsll5r858b.jpg
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

photo goodreads border_zpsy5xc8i94.jpg
 photo Untitled_zpsuozadzts.jpg

ROUGH REVIEW WILL FINISH IT OFF IN THE MORNING.

WHEN WE FALL: Is a standalone romance novel by Sloane Murphy and is a new to me author but definitely won’t be the last. Set up in ‘Two Parts’ The first part we see these two in High school the Second part they are trying to put themselves back together after being involved in a tragic terrorizing event.

This starts off in Erin’s senior year at Rocky Falls High, where she is subjected to harsh bullying, she’s the town's pariah, a poor little or
Jacquellyn
***ARC provided for an honest review***

Oh boy. I have some issues with this book. But I don't want to offend this author or hinder others from reading it. I considered just not writing a review, but for ppl who read romance and esp NA/YA, I feel like I owe you a review.
My first issue is mostly a pet peeve. This book takes place in America, but the author is most likely not American. This alone doesn't bother me, but the sayings and wordage just don't match the setting. Things like, "Mum, bloody
Livros A Go-Go ~Joyci ~
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019
2,5
Bom...
Imagine uma garota que sofre bullying diário, chega em casa com pontos, roupas destruídas e a mãe adotiva não faz nada mesmo querendo fazer... Ela acata o desejo da menina de lidar com tudo do jeito dela.... 🤔🙄

E esse casal, faltou conexão maior, faltou um trabalho mais maduro por parte da autora. Brincou de criar uma historinha, só jogando palavras ao vento e misturando personagens, rsrs
No final ainda rolou um ataque de atirador no colégio, virou mais espetáculo gratuito na história.
Karen
Apr 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Why don't English authors write about England? I kept feeling that the author was not from the United States because the slang and vernacular was not right. We don't call concerts "gigs" as an example.

Still the bullying in a high school was the main focus and our girl, Erin really was a target. Author does a great job of showing how hard it is to be a target of bullying. The one who is bullied feels alone as the others are just glad to not be a target.

The horrible incident was handled well. I'm
BookSmacked
May 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When We Fall had me sucked in right from the get go. At page three I was already dying to read more.

This story is heartbreaking and will take you back to the times of being a teenager. It's real and raw painting us a picture of what some going through high school can face. It's not always pretty and sometimes you have to weather the storm and sometimes you break.

Erin goes through bullying in this story and my heart completely went out to her. At times I found myself so angry for her. Angry at
Coco.V
Sep 12, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
FREE on Amazon today (9/12/2017)!
Meredith
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This story is a heartbreaking depiction of teenage life and how they process and deal with some difficult situations. Parts of this story were really hard for me to read. It's so raw and real seeing these teens and all that they have to endure. There was a myriad of emotions that were prevalent in the story - anger, loss, guilt and remorse. As heartbreaking as it was, it was also a heartwarming romance between two beautiful souls.

"You are my world. My one. My forever and always. You are ev
Na

ARC provided by the author to the Facebook group "Quirky Blind Date With A Book"

"I know a lot of people think he changed me, but the reality is, he just gave me the room and the courage to be who I've always been."

"You have to let me go, Erin. You know I always told you, butterflies are the beautiful souls taken too soon. Now, you'll get to see me become a butterfly all of my own."

This book is very emotional. It works with a lot of very sensitive but very important topics. I'm glad Sloa
Lea ★
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC kindly provided by author.

Review to come...
Lorena  Garcia -- Brittany's Book Blog
To be honest I didn't feel a connection with the characters in this book, especially with Erin. I didn't understand how she could just brush something so sensitive and crucial under the rug and just keep going knowing full well what was going to continue happening and not do anything about it. I get it, it's not easy and sometimes your self-esteem isn't strong enough for you to be a strong person.

I know it's hard to deal with this issue and many kids don't deal well with it and end up doing some
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
What a story! This is exactly what I needed to jump back into reading. A really well told story that was just so good.

Erin is an awesome character. She’s in high school and getting so much agro from people in her year. She’s never deserved all the bullying yet it hasn’t stopped throughout the years.

Mason is sex on legs. Needing to turn his life around he finds himself moving house and moving school. This brings him to Erin and his whole life changes.

Erin feels ages dreaming when the new hot g
Caroline Williams
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think nearly everyone can relate to this story.
If not then you will get what others feel when they are bullied and can understand what their life can be like.
It took me a while to know what to write for this review because I still really cannot put into words how it made me feel.
Read this its amazing and really made me open my eyes on what young people can go through especially in school.
Well done to the author who tackled this subject sensitively and extremely well.
Kim
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I always like getting the chance to read something by an author who is new to me. In this case, I got the chance to read When We Fall by Sloane Murphy, whom I'd never read before, and I don't think this will be last Sloane Murphy book.

When We Fall is an emotional, coming of age story that follows Erin and Mason as they come together in high school, even in the face of bullying, betrayal and heartbreak. Erin tries to make the best of her situation being in the unfortunate line of vision of the v
Rohina
This is my first book by Sloane Murphy a.k.a Olivia Rose (the pen name she is writing under). What attracted me to When We Fall was first, the blurb and second, the cover, so keeping in mind the content of the burb I had a certain mindset regarding the story it somewhat lived up to it.

Erin Michaels was abandoned by her parents as a baby but despite that, she has had a good home life, with a guardian, Monica, who truly loves her. Her school life, on the other hand, is nothing but one torment aft
Karen
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This book was not exactly what I was expecting, but it ended up being much more. A story of young love, tragedy, bullying, and finding a path in life.

I have to say that I love the cover of this book, its beautiful. I also absolutely loved the quote at the beginning of the book. “To be nobody-but-yourself – in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else – means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” E. E. Cummings
Kari Davis
I love the cover of this!! When We Fall is written by Olivia Rose and is a pen name for Sloane Murphy. This has been released previously, but taken down and reworked. I haven't read anything by this author before and the blurb immediately caught my attention after the gorgeous cover. When We Fall is a bully romance set in high school with a girl who has never experienced real love and life.

Erin Michaels has struggled from birth as she was abandoned by her parents. However, she hasn't had a bad
Lizzie_Loves_Books
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! What have I just read? This story was amazing. It was full of hurt, anger, torment, happiness, friendship and love. These characters were simply amazing. I connected with Erin on such a level I was bullied to a point I was so ill and I lost a lot of my hair due to the stress and anxiety of it. Erin for me is one of my favourite heroines to date due to her fight, strength and her ability to be kind even in the most torturous moments. I thank Olivia Rose for writing this wonderful character ...more
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
Y'all... I just... This book restored my faith in humanity a little bit. I have 3 girls and my middle daughter will be heading to middle school soon and I worry for her. Mean girls are real and being victimized by Regina George can't always be laughed off in real life. So When We Fall truly hit home in a real and deep way for me. Now, let me take a second and tell you something else - Mason Knight is EVERYTHING. He alone is worth the price of admission, but this book was so much more than that. ...more
Júlia Sol and Us
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Blog Sol and Us
EN/PT-BR
____________________________

When We Fall
Olivia Rose

For me, When We Fall by Olivia Rose left some things unfinished. Or rather, without explanation. WWF is the first book on the Rocky Falls Series, so things may be explained on next one.

I don't feel comfortable writing reviews for books I don't like. My opinion is mine, doesn't mean others won't like. I encourage everyone to read it and reach their own conclusion.

Follow Sol and Us around: https://linktr.ee/solandus2

_______
Emma Lloyd
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin micheals is someone some of us can relate to. Being bullied just because your not the popular kid ignored in class and in the halls by most of the school and when she is noticed its not for good reasons, but to torment her. Erin says she can deal with it though she only has 1 yr left of school right? Right then its off to collage and all will be different, well even the most carefully planned of plans dont wirk out.

Mason knight has just moved to the school his the drop dead gorgeous heart t
wendy Shelton(obsessedbybooks)
Omg I have never related so much to characters as I did with the characters in this book. I'm ashamed to say I've done both , but Erin spoke to me shes just good inside and out and to see her struggle with what she should and shouldn't do and if she deserves happiness. Mason is an old soul do to his up bringing but it's what's made the kind soul he is, but there's still a back story there and I hope we find out and I hope we aren't done with this couple. Loved I cried, laughed and sighed and got ...more
Azrah
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-hold
Terrible. DNF 80%
My Girlfriend's Couch Blog
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a great first book by Olivia Rose. I had no expectation going into this books, and I really enjoyed it. It was not the "ugly cry" that people were talking about. When I think an "ugly cry read", I think Colleen Hoover. That being said, I did enjoy it!! I am so glad that I tried it.

I am very much looking forward to the second book in this series!!

More to come in a full review....

~ Review by Heidi Pharo
Megan Lowe
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Gah! This book was SO close to 5 stars for me! Mature YA is my jam and this book was right up my alley!
I loved Mason and Erin. They’re great and the things they endure... it’s true and it’s real. I loved that about this book, that it didn’t hide the things that do go on, that do happen.
Where it fell down for me was it felt rushed. I’d love to see everything more fleshed out. I felt things turned too quickly or were kind of swept over when they should’ve been given the time and attentio
Donna Till
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: modern, ya, high-school
Erin is starting her last year in high school, but she is constantly being bullied so tries to keep to herself so nobody notices her. She was abandoned by her parents so doesn't trust people easily. She was adopted and her adoptive mother Monica has given her a nice life. Mason has his first day at the school and shows an interest in Erin, but she cant understand why he wants to know her and tries to push him away. Mason may be the new guy but the stands up for her against the bullies and he tri ...more
Shirley Cuypers
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5*

Original review

This book was provided by the author through Give Me Books Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Olivia Rose!

When We Fall
is a Young Adult book about Erin and Mason. Mason is the new guy in town and everything changes when they meet each other.

When We Fall is the first book I’ve read by Olivia Rose and I really enjoyed the story. When We Fall is a high school story about bullies, unrequited love, heartbreak, loss and pain. The story was well written and fast
Theresa Alberts
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
When We Fall by Olivia Rose is a book filled with immense heartache, tragedy, unexplainable loss and undying love. This book grabbed me from the first page and I just had to know what happened with Mason and Erin! Erin is in her senior year of high school where she tries to be invisible and counts down the time until she moves on to college and a new life. In walks Mason, the new boy in town, and he changes everything for her in so many ways. The emotions the reader feels while reading this book ...more
Lindsey Kramer
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was fantastic! I was hooked from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. I can’t wait to go back to Rocky Falls for book two!
Konny
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
When We Fall by Olivia Rose is book one in her Rocky Falls series. When We Fall is re-edited and republished, formerly by Sloane Murphy, now under pen name.

Erin Michaels is a girl in high school with a major crush on the boy next door. The boy with the meanest girlfriend at school and he himself isn't a prince either. But Erin is stubborn, til a new student shows up and teaches Erin what true friendship entails.

When We Fall is a heartwarming story, book one in a duet and their story continues in
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
The Book Hangover...: When We Fall: REVIEW 1 10 May 21, 2017 11:42AM
  • Conspire (The Crush Saga #9)
  • Elemental Darkness (Paranormal Public, #8)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Not Quite the Fairy Tale, #8)
  • Becoming (Lynnie Russell Trilogy #1)
  • Wicked Lies (Wicked Bay, #3)
  • Taken (Fated Saga, #6)
  • Verdant Magic (Dragon Mage Chronicles, #1)
  • The Magician's Mistake (The Fay Morgan Chronicles #1)
  • His Beloved (The Mate Series Book 1)
Olivia Rose is an author of contemporary romance ranging from YA to adult.

She lives in Peterborough, England, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for cheesy YA Films, cupcakes and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much hot chocolate, and watches an ungodly amount of Netflix. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the world wit