Start by marking “Turn the Tide (Survival Instincts #0.5; Final Hour #0.5; Florida Wildlife Warriors #1.5; Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #0.5)” as Want to Read:

Turn the Tide

(Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #0.5)

Whether you're diving into treacherous waters, racing the clock against global annihilation, or delving deep into an untamed wilderness, these thrilling tales of love and suspense will leave you breathless.

Any Means Necessary by Katie Ruggle
Published March 5th 2019 by Sourcebooks Casablanca

To ask other readers questions about Turn the Tide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turn the Tide

Start your review of Turn the Tide (Survival Instincts #0.5; Final Hour #0.5; Florida Wildlife Warriors #1.5; Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #0.5)
SheLove2Read
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
Review for the Katie Ruggle story only. Way too short but it's a nice intro to the series.

4 stars for Deep Blue story by Adriana Anders!
♥Rachel♥
The rating is only for Deep Blue, Adriana Anders prequel novella to Whiteout.

I read this back in January sometime and forgot to add it to my read books, but the story was action packed, suspenseful, with two wonderful characters I really cared about. This is Eric and Zoe's story, a couple who've been crushing on each other from afar, but never worked up the guts to take it to the next level.

Zoe stumbles upon a gang taking over an abandoned oil rig and finds herself in a heap of trouble, but nev
Coco.V
Feb 23, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/29/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:
Whether you're diving into treacherous waters,
racing the clock against global annihilation,
or delving deep into an untamed wilderness,
these thrilling tales of love and suspense will leave you breathless.

Any Means Necessary by Katie Ruggle
Katie Ruggle brings trademark wit and warmth to her introduction of a family of five bounty hunter sisters making the Rocky Mountains a safer place—finding love and sowing chaos along the way.

Deep Blue by Adriana Anders
JoAn
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Turn the Tide is a four novellas written by Katie Ruggle, Adriana Anders, Juno Rushdan and Connie Mann. I "purchased" this book from Amazon when it was offered free.

I have love every book written by Katie Ruggle and Any Means Necessary was the perfect prequal to her new series, Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters. I had already read In Her Sights and I did wonder how Molly and John had met before that book. Adriana Anders, Juno Rushdan and Connie Mann were all "new to me" authors. I enjoyed Deep Blue
Adriana Anders
Mar 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Turn the Tide

TURN THE TIDE IS OUT NOW!

* FREE on all retailers! *
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NWZJT8Y
Barnes & Noble: https://bit.ly/2EuD3PZ
iBooks: https://apple.co/2ISSpmK
Kobo: http://bit.ly/Kobo_Turnthetide
Google Play: http://bit.ly/Google_TurntheTide
Sophia
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a wonderful gift to fans and newbies! Four dynamite stories, four sensational authors, and a variety pack of romantic suspense to make a reader swoon.

I've read three of the four author's works and in each case, this includes the series being introduced in this anthology. Now, while I think it is an excellent sampler, I do think I got more out of it because I did read those other books first, but, no worries if you start here and take the series in chronological order.

Any Means Necessary by
Anne - Books of My Heart
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

The purpose of Thrifty Thursday is to read a book which was free (at some point).
Kindle freebie on March 5, 2019  (currently still free at Amazon and Barnes & Noble as of writing this post)
Overall rating 3.84 with 97 ratings and 28 reviews

I love this anthology!  It has the novellas in four new series from Sourcebooks Casablanca.  Two authors, Katie Ruggle and Adriana Anders, are ones I have read and enjoyed very much. The other
T. Rosado
5 Stars!

So far, this rating is only for Deep Blue by Adriana Anders - one of my most favorite authors. I fell in love with her Blank Canvas Series and have read everything I could get my hands on since. Deep Blue is the prequel to her upcoming release of Whiteout and it's an absolutely fabulous kick-off to her new series. Even in this shorter novella, she balances the suspense and romance perfectly. Neither one overshadows the other. Deep Blue is a complete story, but with bigger ties to one of
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
07/21/2019 Juno Rushdan’s No Way Out was high on suspense and thrills! I loved this prequel and learning how the Gray Box came to be. Luke and Ashley made a great duo-in and out of the sheets.

2/10/2020 I’m sitting 50/50 on Deep Blue by Adriana Anders. 0.5 in the Survival Instincts series, I loved Eric and his team, but Zoe...oy, she was hazard central. However, Eric and the crew seemed to adapt to her kind of crazy so it made the story work. I think I would have liked this one more if there had
Christa
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
I enjoyed this anthology of romantic suspense stories. Each of the four was written by an author as part of a series. Three of the stories were .5 in the series, and the one by Connie Mann was book 1.5.

Any Means Necessary by Katie Ruggle was a super short story about five sisters who have a bounty hunting agency. I enjoyed getting to know the characters and this installment set the series up very nicely. This one definitely made me want to read more.

Deep Blue by Adriana Anders was quite a bit lo
Gloria
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of four novellas by the authors from their new series. The authors were all new to me with the exception of Connie Mann. The stories are all fast paced, edgy suspenseful that keeps the pages turning, quickly read. Connie Mann's new Florida Wildlife Warriors is a new series that is based on Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission officers in the Ocala area. A prisoner has escaped a work camp and is loose in the Ocala National Forest with a giant storm going on as officers are on ...more
Janeen
Mar 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
So far, I have only read No Way Out by Juno Rushdan, but I love the other authors as well and will be getting back to their stories.

No Way Out is intrigue at it's finest. The suspense, the ever-popular cat & mouse of some of my favorite spy movies and TV shows, and of course the underlying romance of it all.

I cannot wait to read Every Last Breath, the next book in this new series.
Katie
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Adriana Anders and Katie Ruggle are two of my absolute favorite novels, so I knew that I had to scoop this up while it was free on Amazon. I was not disappointed by their stories in the least.

Katie Ruggle's novella is the lead up to her upcoming novel In Her Sights which is her best work to date, in my opinion. It is the perfect romantic suspense with just the right amount of humor. The dialogue and banter is witty and fresh, while the plot is everything I ever wanted: a family of sisters who tu
Grace
Deep Blue

3.5/5 stars

This was a novella that I thought worked okay given the length, but I still would have liked more just because I generally enjoyed the set up and characters. From having read Whiteout, I assume some of Eric's former SEAL buddies will continue to feature in the series, and I would have liked to have gotten to know them better.

Read for Ripped Bodice Bingo 2020: I'm on a Boat
Brooke Showalter (Brooke Blogs)
This review is based on Deep Blue by Adriana Anders - Survival Instincts #0.5

I quickly found myself sucked into Zoe and Eric's story. This novella was action-packed and full of heat. I really liked that the characters had known each other for years - this made it easy to believe the passion and intensity in their relationship. The suspense had me on the edge of my seat. Ms. Anders captivated me with this story and I cannot wait to read Whiteout, the first full-length book in the Survival Instinc
Sharon
I didn’t read the Katie Ruggle book because I read another novella of hers at the end of the Adriana Anders book, Whiteout (which ironically is what brought me to this book), and I didn’t care for it at all.

I enjoyed the three other stories, however. I do like reading these books with novellas from multiple authors because it exposes to more writers in genres I enjoy.

So I skipped the Katie Ruggle story, but the Adriana Anders one was terrific and explained a few questions I had after reading Wh
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Haunted Bookshelf

I like anthologies because there is always a story by an author I know that draws me in, then there are new-to-me authors to discover if I’ve found another set of series to follow. I’m a reader who needs to read a series from the beginning and when I discover prequels, well, that’s just a bonus for me. So I was very pleased with TURN THE TIDE and all the novellas included within.

Three of these stories are prequels to new series, the fourth is the #1.5 story in an est
Radha
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fun book! I particularly loved Deep Blue by Adriana Anders. I read her Blank Canvas series and just wanted more. Her writing is witty and intelligent. Her characters are always interesting. But, really the best part is that her romance and sex scenes are super HOT!
Elisa
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A good box set of novellas I enjoyed each story
Donna
Sep 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great romantic suspense by some fantastic authors
Emily
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Turn The Tide consists of 4 interesting short stories; each one is unique and original. I especially interested in Final Hour - NO WAY OUT - by Juno Rushdan. It is an action-packed, fast-paced national security themed thriller.
Caro
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: own, service
This was a good book. I enjoyed reading the stories in this anthology. Some were more interesting than others, but all kept me reading. There are emotions, good characters, a lot of punch, suspense, some action, steaminess, and food HEAs. Great for passing time or just for something to read. Good luck.
Rita
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this collection of author's books. They all have great stories and interesting characters going on. Each story is full of suspense that will keep your attention. They all have love stories in the background which adds to the stories. I want to read more from all of the author's.
A.M.
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: i-own, e-books
I’ve only read Katie Ruggle before so the others are new to me authors. None of the works are listed separately so I have to give an overall/average rating.
1. Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters 0.5 [Any Means Necessary] by Katie Ruggle
Not sure this one works for me. I found the girls a little too … cute (Maybe contrived? And yeah, I know all fiction is contrived… but I can’t explain it.) For a family of bounty hunters they seemed a lot out of their depth.

2. Survival Instincts 0.5 [Deep Blue]
Never div
Dani Winland
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
ANY MEANS NECESSARY
by Katie Ruggle

Katie Ruggle’s novella Any Means Necessary was my least favorite out of all of these. While I know it is a novella, I found it to be way too short. It felt more like a chapter to me than a short story.

And while I think the story line can be something great, I felt that there were too many characters, or rather sisters, to keep the story flowing well. Maybe if there were a mixture of genders in the siblings it would make things easier to follow? Personally I wou
Between My BookEndz
Mar 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-read
I love anthologies! They often introduce me to new authors, new series by beloved authors or just enhance an aspect of an existing series. “Turning the Tide” introduces the readers to 4 authors and the beginning of new series by each. In the case of Katie Ruggle and Adriana Anders, I have already read the first book in their new series, so their stories served to answer some questions I had or enhance what I already read. In the case of Juno Rushdan and Connie Mann, I embraced that I was being i ...more
Jackie
Any Means Necessary

As expected 1st novella/prequel by Katie Ruggle was full of action and family oriented. Finished it too quickly as only a few chapters to the short intro to series story.

Upon finishing went to Amazon and since had a $5 off coupon bought a Kindle copy of book 1 in the new Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunter series to continue with Molly's story and see where it takes me in relation to how she and her 4 sisters are doing in this rough business.

Deep Blue

Zoe Garcia is part of a non profi
Pippa
May 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
A free download of 4 short stories by different authors. I am familiar with only one, Katie Ruggle who contributed “Any Means Necessary”. It’s not “bad” but neither is it particularly good, it’s just mundane. Perhaps the simplistic language didn’t help.

“Deep Blue” by Adriana Anders, was better written and I liked the hero but was less enthusiastic about the heroine, she’s far from TSTL but getting bolshy with a bunch of blokes when alone on a rig?

“No Way Out” by Juno Rushdan is more grown-up tha
Claire
Any Means Necessary, Katie Ruggle: 3/5, third favorite in the anthology. A fun introduction to the series, but good lord it seems like a big coincidence to have five sisters all involved in bounty hunting!

Deep Blue, Adriana Anders: 4/5, my favorite of the anthology! Liked the gentler version of romantic suspense, mixed with the wildlife angle. The hero and heroine had believable chemistry, and the introduction of the friend squad/sequel bait was well done. Have added the first full-length book
Agnieszka
So far there are no single editions of any of these novellas!

Any Means Necessary (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #0.5) by Katie Ruggle 4* 8/16/20 (31)
Colorado, Langston (Denver area); bounty hunters
fun (esp. the encounters between Molly & John), suspensful, hinting at issues in the life of the five sisters, very interesting short introduction to their strengths and weeknesses, looking forward to this series

Deep Blue (Survival Instincts #0.5) by Adriana Anders 5* 8/17/20 (110)
underwater & on an oi
« previous 1 3 next »

• Whiteout (Survival Instincts, #1)
  • Lethal Redemption (Steele Ops, #2)
  • Nothing to Fear (Final Hour #2)
  • Loving the Mountain Man (Love at Last #3)
  • Moonshine & Murder (Moonshine Hollow #1)
  • Deadly Obsession (Steele Ops, #1)
  • In The Fog
  • Beyond Risk (Florida Wildlife Warriors #1)
  • The Ultimate Betrayal (Maximum Security #3)
  • Killer Deals: Savannah Martin Mysteries 1 & 2
  • Tangled Lies (Safe Harbor #1)
  • Hearts on Hold
  • Every Last Breath (Final Hour #1)
  • Loving the Secret Billionaire (Love at Last #1)
  • White Whiskey Bargain
  • Stiff in the Sand (Cape Hope Mysteries #1)
  • Carolina Booty
  • Hope for Finley Creek (Finley Creek #5.5; General #2.5)
A fan of the old adage “write what you know”, Katie Ruggle lived in an off-grid, solar- and wind-powered house in the Rocky Mountains until her family lured her back to Minnesota. When she’s not writing, Katie rides horses, trains her three dogs, cross-country skis (badly) and travels to warm places where she can scuba dive. A graduate of the Police Academy, Katie received her ice-rescue certifica ...more

Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters (2 books)
  • In Her Sights (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters, #1)
  • Risk It All (Rocky Mountain Bounty Hunters #2)

News & Interviews

“He held out his hand as the haunting melody from Dirty Dancing filled the room.” 0 likes
“She’d gone rouge, betrayed the Agency.” 0 likes