Start by marking “Patient K (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Patient K (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 1)

Patient K (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 1)

After a childhood accident in which she loses her left eye, Klara Alexander visits her new ocularist, Dr Markham, to have a replacement ocular prosthesis fitted. Unfortunately, the good doctor is a sexual pervert and he takes advantage of her while she is under sedation. Too shocked to report the attack, Klara goes home and tries to recover. There she notices a scary ...more
Published March 1st 2019 by Demain Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Patient K, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Patient K

Start your review of Patient K (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 1)
Yolanda Sfetsos
Feb 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy reading stories from the Short Sharp Shocks! horror series, so I was really excited about reading one written by Barbie Wilde.

Karla lost an eye during a childhood accident and has spent most of her life getting different artificial eyes fitted. But when she meets Dr Markham to have a new ocular prosthesis fitted, he betrays her trust in the worst way possible...

Yikes! What a great little macabre tale of revenge. The kind of revenge that makes you cheer for the victim every violent step
Lee Howard
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, bizarro
What a twisted little tale! But I wouldn't expect anything but from Barbie Wilde. This is the second in the Short Sharp Shocks! Series I've read, and I'm very pleased. This one has to do with a devious little ocular doctor and the patient who takes matters into her own hands. I can't tell you much more, other than you're sure to be surprised at the audacity of the writing. I like that in a story!
J.A. Sullivan
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-reads
Review coming soon to Kendall Reviews
Joe Young
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
Oh dear! I have recently read a few of the Short Sharp Shocks books and enjoyed them, so I figured I would go to the beginning of the series and read more. I should really have started with Dean M Drinkel's book which is actually book '0' in the series, but instead, I chose to read this one as it's actually shorter and I was fitting it in between appointments. The initial setup was very promising with a childhood accident/incident giving rise much later on to a very strange situation in which an ...more
Stephanie
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
The eyes have it

A sexual assault during a procedure to insert a prosthetic eye results in the most gruesome form of revenge. Anything involving eyes makes me cringe and this did. When her attacker is force-fed eyes by the dozen, it created the bizarre image of an 'eye' version of Kerplunk, something I could never have imagined previously. Original and horrific, this is a great little tale.
Lydia Peever
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading the Venus Complex I looked forward to more from Barbie Wilde. I'll talk about this short story a little on my next book video for sure, as it was a dark treat. I'd have liked to see this be twice as long to bring the characters to life as they are both horrific and hopeful.
Julie Adams
Jade
Oct 25, 2019
Robert
Oct 31, 2019

• DIRTY PAWS (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 0)
  • Beasties & Other Stories (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 5)
  • The Stranger & The Ribbon (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 2)
  • Monster Beach (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 4)
  • A Monster Met (Short Sharp Shocks 7)
  • An Invitation to Darkness (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 33)
  • Cinders Of A Blind Man Who Could See (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 13)
  • Asylum Of Shadows
  • Encampment by the Gorge
  • The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3)
  • Red Rain (Nameless #4)
  • Dreams of Lake Drukka & Exhumation (Short Sharp Shocks! #31)
  • The Town That Feared Dusk (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 17)
  • The Reddening
  • In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Photographing the Dead (Nameless #2)
  • The Unbeliever & The Intruder (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 39)
  • Every Moon Atrocious (Short Sharp Shocks! Book 6)
Barbie Wilde is a Canadian-born British actress and writer. She is best known for portraying the Female Cenobite in 'Hellbound: Hellraiser II'.

#1 best selling horror magazine Fangoria has called Wilde "one of the finest purveyor of erotically charged horror around".

Barbie Wilde's first dark crime novel, 'The Venus Complex', is out now and is published by Comet Press. The cover art for 'The Venus