Start by marking “Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)” as Want to Read:
Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)

Road To Winter

(Fae's Captive #2)

The fae king is growing on me. Every touch, look, and night spent in his arms is slowly melting my resistance. When his feral side takes over, something inside me wants to let go and give him everything. With each passing day, the pull is getting harder to deny...

But, the road to the winter realm is full of danger. And, I need to concentrate on finding my way home, not

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 94 pages
Published February 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Road To Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Road To Winter

Start your review of Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
44012338-1.jpg

So Road to Winter continued the story right where we left off in book one.
After there interactions with the Obsidian witch Selena Tayler, Beth, Leander and Gareth resume their journey towards the winter kingdom.
There is obviously secrets surrounding Taylor: ones that she seems unaware of herself.
A mysterious ancient prophecy concerning Taylor so it will certainly be interesting to see where this is ultimately heading.
This does have a sensual and much more animalistic vibe than its predecessor:
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fae's Captive: Road to Winter by Lily Archer is book 2 in the Fae's Captive Series. This continues the story of Taylor and Leander, so you really need to read the previous book 'Fae's Captive' to fully understand and enjoy this one. This is such a great series you just don't want to miss out on any of their story. Taylor is still working to deal with the new realm she is in and working to get back home. But her growing feelings and desire for Leander is making it hard to resist his temptation. ...more
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Taylor just give in already...

When will Taylor finally give in to Leander?!! It is all I am waiting for.
These books are fun to read. I have no clue of the time period in it so I can't really judge the speech. I just know I am entertained lol
Lastly, damn these book for ending with cliff hangers. Now it appears I have to wait a week for the next one.
Ann (annreads)
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
This novellas definitely keep getting better and better! I'm really enjoying the story so far, the relationship between Taylor and Leander is so cute, I absolutely love them already! Cannot wait for the next part!

3.75/5★★★★
Rhiannon Chillingworth
Again, lots of potential (although I'd like it if the female MC was a bit more kick ass) but these tiny books feel like you're getting the story piece by piece, which is annoying really!
 Rosebud
King Leander has successfully escaped the court of the Summer Realm with Taylor though they won't really be safe until they reach his home in the Winter Realm.

It quickly becomes apparent that there are those who don't want them to reach the Winter Realm. With the aid of his second in command Gareth, Leander is up to the challenge of protecting his mate from Obsidians, attacking beasts, and bounty hunters alike, though they still have to travel through the most dangerous part of their journey,
Jessica {Litnoob}
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Again, that ending tho

This one wasnt as magical as the first one Ill be honest up front. Its a traveling story where the other one was split between a court and then an escape. But because of that we are linda caught between just riding horses and sleeping and then some banter in between. The obsidian witch didnt tell us just what Taylor is which is annoying AF but I still have hope that we might get some resolution? Fingers crossed and onto the next one.
Jamie Schlosser
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm officially in love with this series! Onto the next one.
Jessie
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
The journey to the winter realm continued with some action, more creatures, enemies, funny moments and ended in cliffhanger.

The romance between Leander and Taylor is a slow burn one. A loved Leander. But I'm affraid that he is having a blue balls case. Damn! Taylor has been tough, but she will fall for Leander pretty soon.

On the other hand, we have Beth with some occurrences which has given more fun to the story.
Amethyst Stone
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Fascinating story. All the characters are believable, entertaining and the story is well thought out. Its got all the essential Fae elements but too short :(
Chloe Adams
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I can't believe it got to wait until the 22nd to get the next one 😭
Fly FreeBird
Feb 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Not a bad read, Im not dying to know ending because everything about this series I saw coming. Not as interesting as I thought it would be, passing time a guess. ...more
Alaina
Ugh, Taylor is basically useless.

Road to Winter just featured another damn cliffhanger revolving around a kidnapping. Of course I ate it all up but ugh, can the guys just takes the girls as their mates? We all know that they know that they are mates - just seal the deal already dammit!

Other than that, not a lot happened. I honestly have no idea what this series is about but if Taylor gets kidnapped again at the end of book 3 I might just yell at my phone. Maybe if I get some hardcore smut action
Andrea
Mar 03, 2019 rated it liked it
well not much really happened in this one- the books are so short I would call these more like short stories than novels.
All we really got was another few assassination attempts, and more pushing for Leander to claim his mate. But its cool, because feral fae instincts?
Rose
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another cliffy

I like this series so far. I wish the books were longer. In fact, I would have preferred this to be either one long book or two books instead of 4. I do wish a few more terms were explained, what exactly is finding your mate, politics, what about Spring and Autumn. Geography, where are the mountains in correlation to the season realms, more of this feral nature; bond and magic wise, more on this bond thing, more on the classes of Fae, and a few other items. I hope these will come
Leila
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Still interesting

I still have interest in this story and want to read the next one. Some criticism I have are the length of the books (Kindle Unlimited made these free for me but others don't have that option), the character development is a bit rushed, and cliffhangers. That said, I still like the story and I want to continue reading.
Lynn Thinking out loud
Another cliffhanger. Just when it was getting good. Very frustrating. I still like the characters.
Lisaj92000
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books-read
OMG!!! Again, I have no words. I can only quote my dear friend Sabina Espinet-Todd - That Leander...rowr rowr! ...more
Michelle Claypot_Reads
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pnr-fantasy, novella
I am LOVING this series. Dark fae, witches, high courts & fated mates. Its a fantastic slow burn that has everything I love about fantasy. Cant wait for book 3. ...more
Michaell
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Nice
Erica Paré
Jan 01, 2020 rated it liked it
This is book 2 in the series and I would highly recommend reading the first book before diving into this book or you will be very confused. I did not care for the ending again with this book, I hate cliffhangers haha I did like how we learned more about Taylor and her background. The two, Taylor and Leander are starting to open up to each other more than just the mating calls. In this book, I noticed there being more with the other two main characters, Gareth and Beth so maybe they will be ...more
Felicia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was so much better than the first! The first was super interesting already and I definitely wanted more. And this book didn't disappoint! I am super into this story!

This book starts exactly where the first ended. Leander is battling the Obsidian Witch with Gareth along side of him. And throughout the book there's adventure and action around every corner! I don't want to go into any more details than that. Lol. Because it'll spoil everything. Haha.

I am definitely loving this story so
Leah
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Superbunny
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was ok
to anyone who's wondering if this series gets better, the answer is NO. it does not. which is frustrating coz i got the first 5 books in this series. such a waste! grrrrrrrrrrr!
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
💯 Read for the 2019 MacHalo Splendiferous Book Bingo Thingie (MSBBT™) challenge over at the MacHalo Asylum 💯 46. Less Than 100 Pages [Bonus Card]

#1. Fae's Captive
#3. Bite Of Winter

This book:

Me:

I have to admit that the writing was noticeably less stiff & cringe-y. The content had a few TSTL moments but was ok. I like Taylor & Beth quite a bit. Gareth is a sweetie. Leander is the Edward Cullen of the Fae. Entertaining to say the least.
Sheia
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
For a novella, this was really really good !

I am reviewing this after reading the second part as well. I REALLY DO AGREE that they could have been assimilated rather into one but we get what we get... And this is something great that we got.

Our lead lady is a mere human who has been kidnapped by her roommate and sent into the Fae world. Our lead hero recognises her as his mate at the first close scent and then the journey begins...

It reminded me of Maria V. Snyders's books because it has that
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

The last book was a cliffy! And while I dont really like them that much (personal choice) since the next one was already out, I was able to dive right in! And this one really builds on the relationship (or lack thereof) with leander and Taylor. The side characters start to really stand out a bit in this one too. Beth is a delight to watch, she has no regard for her safety unless it literal life or death. Even then its questionable. And grumpy Garenth is
Ri
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beyond hooked

When one of your favorite authors recommends a book you read it. Right now I am cursing her because I'm hooked on this series and it just ended on a cliffhanger. I need to know what happens now. The tendon building between these characters is magnetic. There is humor and so many unknowns that I'm so thoroughly sucked in to this story that it is painful to find out what is going to happen.

Cannot wait for the next book. Like seriously, I cannot wait...
Goodreads Librari...: Fae's Captive: Road to Winter by Lily Archer 3 20 Mar 02, 2019 08:57AM

• Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings Of Dakkar, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #1)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Trial for The Shadow King (Captive of Shadows, #2)
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Sold To The Kylen Prince
  • King of the Fae (Blood Court, #1)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • Awakened by The Shadow King (Captive of Shadows Book 3)
  • Alpha Hunger (Hordesmen, #1)
  • Taken from the Winter King (Faeted Mates #2)
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds

Fae's Captive (8 books)
  • Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Taken (Fae's Captive, #5)
  • The Bazaar (Fae's Captive, #6)
  • The Abyss (Fae's Captive, #7)
  • Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)

News & Interviews

Well, here we all are, sheltering in place, buying canned beans, and generally trying to figure out how to stay inside and keep our minds busy....