Start by marking “Prospectors! (Mark Twain on the Moon #1)” as Want to Read:
Prospectors! (Mark Twain on the Moon #1)

Prospectors!

(Mark Twain on the Moon #1)

In an alternate 19th century, young Samuel Clemens sets out for the mining camps of America’s wildest frontier: the Moon. Travel with Sam and his partner Calvin as they venture into the desolate, deadly wastes of the Mare Imbrium and the Montes Caucasus, in search of wonders, adventure, and a fortune in precious water ice. This is Prospectors!, the opening salvo in the epi ...more
Kindle Edition
Published March 12th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Prospectors!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prospectors!

Start your review of Prospectors! (Mark Twain on the Moon #1)
Carey Nelson
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
I have not read the works of Mr. Samuel Clemens, but I am American educated in America so I do feel like I have some inkling of what Mr. Twain's writing must be like. This feels like it. It is human, and it is humorous.

And this business about being on the moon? It's delightful. While technically steampunk (what with it being steam fueled science fiction and all) don't expect the traditional extraneous gears and goggles. This is genuine American storytelling without the quasi-Victorian affectatio
Christian Magrum
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
This read is like a blast from the past it truly feels like a modern unique version of an old Mark Twain story. While reading it I was struck by the feeling that it felt like an old friend telling you a tale from his past rather then a carefully crafted fictitious narrative and I do believe that it was aiming for the mark that it hit.
Fred Hughes
A little juvenile in it's approach to the subject. Maybe that was intentional ; or not.

I'll skip the next books in the series
Phil Wujek
Jan 03, 2020 rated it liked it
First of all, I have never written a book, so I've never had one published. Michael Schulkins has, so he is more than "one up" on me. About this book. It made me want to go out and get a copy of anything written by Mark Twain. "Prospectors!" would be a good "beach read." That is the kindest thing I can say about this book. Be aware that this is the first book in a series of three. There is a cliffhanger ending that would urge you to read book two. If you look around, I think that all three books ...more
Helen
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is like Jules Verne meets Mark Twain's travel writings. Mark Twain himself (with his real name, Samuel Clemens) is the narrator, and the book captures his characteristic humor in a great 19th-century writing style.

My favorite parts are the character sketches given by the narrator of the fascinating people he meets along the way. Also the audiobook is UNREAL good!

It does end on a cliffhanger, but the next book in the series is already available, so I was fine with the suspense.
Shannon
May 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
Story Time

Reading this was much like listening to someone tell a story, and while it may be a story you want to hear, the storyteller tends to ramble or get stuck on less than interesting details. And then the story is over before the adventure has actually ended. I hate cliffhanger endings. I will not read the next book.
Lynwood H. Wilson
Andrew Dick
Jun 06, 2019
Delano R Hill
Jun 10, 2019

• Snow Creek (Detective Megan Carpenter, #1)
  • Tortilla Flat
  • Themes and Variations
  • A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World
  • Why Is Nothing Ever Simple? (The Chronicles of St. Mary's, #10.6)
  • Murder by Misrule (Francis Bacon Mystery #1)
  • The Family Fang
  • In Her Shadow
  • Time Trap (Red Moon, #1)
  • Murder on the Mind (Jeff Resnick Mystery, #1)
  • FCBD 2014: Guardians of the Galaxy #1
  • Tigerlilja (Tales of the Wendy #0.5)
  • Please Don't Take My Sisters (A Maggie Hartley Foster Carer Story)
  • Watching (The Making of Riley Paige #1)
  • Ash (Asher Benson #1)
  • Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • The Cypher (Guardians Inc. #1)
  • Balanced on the Blade's Edge (Dragon Blood, #1)
Michael Schulkins was born and raised in California, and although he has checked out repeatedly, he has of course been unable to leave. He lives with the love of his life in a classic mid-century modern house in Silicon Valley, just an iPhone's throw from Apple Galactic Headquarters.

Michael attended several universities and eventually emerged with two degrees in physics, one in music composition,

Mark Twain on the Moon (3 books)
  • The Deirdre (Mark Twain on the Moon #2)
  • Home (Mark Twain on the Moon #3)

News & Interviews