Start by marking “Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)

Fae's Captive

(Fae's Captive #1)

My college roommate is the worst. Cecile steals my food, brings guys over at all hours, and parties instead of studying. But those quirks pale in comparison to what she does next. She drugs me, and I wake up imprisoned in an alternate universe full of terrifying creatures.

Now, the biggest and scariest creature of all - a fae king - believes I'm his mate. He's freed m

Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 100 pages
Published February 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Fae's Captive, please sign up.

Start your review of Fae's Captive (Fae's Captive, #1)
Riley
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
that feel when your roommate drugs you and you wake up in the fae realm and some random winter king is calling you his mate but you gotta get home to take your finals. ya know.
Julia
The writing was sooo cringey.

"I dont belong here. I'm in college. I have classes. And exams. And bills to pay. And Friends reruns to watch. And a roommate to strangle." -our heroine about to be abducted.
#relatable #shesjustlikeme

The heroine was a huge dope and the writing was immature. Let's just say I that the only way I would have enjoyed this was if I was 14 years old. *sigh* Add this to the DNF pile.
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
FAE

This one really appealed to me and though of novella length captured my imagination and attention almost instantly here.
This is the story of Taylor and Leander: Taylor a human girl finds herself transported to the world of the fae taking the place of another changeling.
Here she comes to the attention of Leander the Winter King who recognises her as his mate.
So as I mentioned this was short and I do believe this and the second book would have been better served as one complete volume rather than
chan ☆
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2019, ya-fantasy
this was... something

i think the author really should have just made this serial/novella series into one novel. little happens in these 100 pages and there's no sex so to categorize it as romance is a little misleading.

the writing was just okay. the characters were kind of bland caricatures. and overall i just wasn't invested in this story. it wasn't objectively bad but from an enjoyment standpoint this is just a 2 star for me.
Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer*
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
He watches me swallow it down, then holds his hand out for the empty glass. When I reach out to give it to him, he stills, his eyes narrowing. Ferocious. That’s the only word for the look on his face. I clutch the fur and scoot away from him.
With fluid fury he reaches to the table behind him and draws an enormous silver sword.
A choked sound catches in my throat as he raises it. I’m going to die.
“Please, don’t.” It’s the only words I can get out as he lunges toward me.

Quite good I must say. I've
Kayla Brunson
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, read-in-2019
I was sucked in from the very beginning and couldn’t wait to see how this would play out. It gives you action and romance and keeps you wanting more. I love the characters and how the storyline is progressing. My only negative thing to say is that it was too short, but thank goodness book two is already out!

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
 Rosebud
Twenty year old Taylor, chemical engineering college student, supplements her income private tutoring and renting out her spare bedroom though her roomie is a messy slob who seems to be using her college experience partying and interviewing to be the next Mrs somebody or another, but she pays her bills which is the only reason Taylor tolerates her.

When her roomie offers to pay Taylor more than she'd earn tutoring to be her designated driver to and from an Omega Nu house party, Taylor is suspici
Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon)
✨ Read for the 2019 KU Shitathon™ challenge - [Yearly Edition] - over at Maraya's Cave Of Freaking Wonders
◼ Book: #1 of 2 -- Month: March ◼

#2. Road To Winter ★★★
#3. Bite Of Winter ★★
#4. Beyond The Mountain

What I expected going in:

What I got:

The writing was stiff & cringe-y, especially in the beginning but it started to mellow out as it went. Not too much, as I still felt my skull tingling still, but just enough to make me not want to do unpleasant things to it.

That ⤴ applies to the w
Jacqueline's Reads
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pnr, ku
I can see why there would be angry ratings. I read the ratings before I started and knew this was like a mini-teaser before you start the second book.

No smut, no steam, but world building. It went by quickly and I liked that there was a lot of dialogue. I'll give the next book a go. But if it continues to drag out, I might call it quits after that.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Not my usual cup of tea but I actually liked this. Not into cliff hangers but luckily the next book is already available.
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Fae's Captive by Lily Archer is book One in the Fae's Captive Series. This starts the story of Taylor and Leander. This story starts with Taylor in the modern time trying to put herself through college. Taylor has a roommate named Cecile who is a nightmare, but nothing she done so far compares to what she has now done Cecile has drugged her and Taylor has woke in a different realm where there are master, slaves and different Faes. Taylor is in a dungeon with a women named Lenetia who tells her w ...more
Maria Dimitrova
Mar 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Overall enjoyable but after the initial rush fades and I had some time to think about it I'm lowering my rating significantly.

To be honest this wasn't what I expected at all. I thought it will be more of a smut fest with very little plot. And while the plot is nothing to write home about Fae's Captive had more of that than the title or the cover would have suggested.

Personally I don't think it should have been a separate novel as it's way too short. Add the cliffhanger and it only annoys the r
Christa
This was a surprisingly good, but short, book. So what’s it about?

Taylor is a human girl who has an unfortunate college roommate, Cecile. After going out with Cecile to a party, Taylor feels odd and passes out. She thinks she was drugged. Turns out, Cecile was a fae, and sent her to the fae realm as a changeling.

Leander is the king of the winter fae, in the summer realm for negotiations. He finds his fated mate in the dungeons and is determined to get her out safely. Unfortunately, she doesn’t
Jessie
Aug 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
This is the first fantasy book I read. I begin by saying that it has been an entertaining read, with humor, suspense and a lot of magic. Leander is a lovely alpha fae and very protector. He is the king of the winter kingdom. So far only this kingdom and the summer kingdom have been mentioned. Which makes me think that there will be more kingdoms related to real-world stations in the next books. World where Taylor lives.

Taylor is a college student with a slightly strange roommate, Cecile. It seem
Jessica {Litnoob}
Wow

I did not expect that! Given how short this book is I one, didn’t expect to get so engaged and two, didn’t think there would be much to the characters at this point. And man I was wrong! Not only is the story quick paced enough to keep it entertaining but it’s giving us just enough setting and world to keep us feeling like we know enough, but keep the mystery alive to what is going on in the greater world. With the fuel POV we are gifted with a Fae who can tell use important things and also a
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
2 stars..... What happens happens so fast you cant get bearings on whats going on, there seem to be some interesting characters but no real plot development... I wont carry it on as this book diddn't manage to reel me in and usually any Fae book can grab me... Meh
Stacey Broadbent
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an adventure! I can see this becoming another favourite series of mine!

I adore this story and the world of Fae.
Taylor is just an ordinary girl at Uni. She keeps to herself and works hard. It's a pity her room mate doesn't have the same work ethic; always out partying and making her life a misery. Until one night when Cecile convinces Taylor to be her driver while she goes out partying. That was when everything changed and she discovered the world of Fae.
A world where witches and strange cr
Alaina
Interesting enough..

Fae's Captive is the first of many books within the Fae's Captive series. All books seem rather short at first glance so I was intrigued enough to see if these will help me reach my reading goal. That being said, I had zero hesitations when it came to jumping into this book. Even though I have a ton of BR books that I'm pushing back because of it. Eh, so many books and so little time guys.

Not going to lie, this book was super short. So short but it was packed with a little te
D.D. Prince
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really good. Like... REALLY good. I devoured it in a sitting. How have I never read a fae book before? I might need to genre-binge.
A little short for me, but I'm excited about continuing the story, getting to the nitty gritty (no sex yet in this book but some sexual tension). He's definitely a possessive alpha but super sweet.
Ann (annreads)
Mar 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ignoring the overly cheesy cover, that was actually pretty good! My only complaint is that it was kinda short, but other than that I absolutely loved the characters! Jumping right into the second book since I need to know what happens next😍

4/5★★★★
Nickcole
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say that I really loved this story. Lily archer is an amazing writer that draws you in her story on the first page. I can’t wait to read more books by this author
Tori
Mar 29, 2019 added it
DNF

Lordy, I need to stop buying these $.99 specials.
TP
Jun 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
This “book” is split into 4 short novellas. Which I found bloody disrespectful. I wouldn’t pay a dime for these “books”.
The story is pretty simplistic. The world building lacks. Most things are given and not explained or described properly. The switch from plot thread to plot thread often felt too abrupt. Like someone screamed cut and we start with a next scene. There are some interesting ideas, but they are rare and often without context and an appropriate background.
Several times I got bored
R Y A N  ⚡️
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4/5 - Finally a true CHANGELING story

So this is a serial story I believe. Three books, about 100 pages each, cliffhanger for the next book. The last book will most likely have the coveted HEA.

I have been on a mission to find true Changeling books. The kind about the body snatching Fae, NOT shifters that needed a cool name for what they do — and I found it.

I really like the characters. The supporting crew: Gareth and Lenetia almost outshine our Hero and heroine.

Cliffhanger
No sexy times
Violenc
Andrea
Fae

3.5
Okay so we have another naïve virginal h/mate trope going on here- and a prophecy. If Taylor turns out to be a ‘chosen one’, we’ll have hit the trifecta!

But so far I do like the story. We have Taylor, a hard working college student, who was tricked and switched by her fae roommate to become a changeling slave in the fae realms- only to then find herself mated to the king of the winter court.

I’m interested in seeing all of the fae mythology, and monsters that the author comes up with—also
Chloe Adams
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I realy liked this book, I'm just going to start the next one now 😀
Felicia
Dec 19, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a super quick read. Finished it in just over an hour and it definitely held my attention the whole way through.

Taylor is a young woman who is attending college. She has a crappy roommate, Cecile, who is constantly out partying and who leaves their rooms an absolute mess. Well, one night Cecile asks Taylor to be her DD. And then she's kidnapped and brought to the Fae realms. Where she finds out that she is the mate of the Winter Realm King. But things are not all as they seem and she and
Umaiya ❄️Ramblings of a Scattered Mind❄️

*sneakily glances around and whispers unpopular opinion . . . In a very loud voice*

I liked it! *shrugs*

:p

Lol okay, no seriously. I've read so many weird cringey yuck things that this was honestly fun to read! xD
On to the next book! :D

Leah
Dec 10, 2019 rated it liked it
Aurialis
Apr 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 10%

* I have hidden my review since I talk about the plot and characters. Though, I don't know how much I could be spoiling if I have read only 10%.

Hello.... Does the author even know how to even make the protagonists tolerable?

(view spoiler)
Who's Your Author?: April 2019: Fae's Captive 6 13 Apr 28, 2019 07:00PM
Goodreads Librari...: New Author, Book Assigned to Wrong Author 1 236 Feb 06, 2019 02:32PM

• Stolen by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #1)
  • Captive of the Horde King (Horde Kings Of Dakkar, #1)
  • Dark King (Court of the Sea Fae, #1)
  • Destined for the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #2)
  • Seduced by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #3)
  • Promised to the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #1)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • Claimed by the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #4)
  • The Cruel Fae King (The Cursed Kingdoms #1)
  • Forever wth the Fae King (Mated to the Fae King, #5)
  • Trial for the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #2)
  • Winter King (The Wyth Courts #1)
  • Hunted by the Winter King (Faeted Mates, #1)
  • Sold To The Kylen Prince
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • King of the Fae (Blood Court, #1)
  • Awakened by the Shadow King (Captive of Shadows #3)
  • After Darkness Falls (After Darkness Falls, #1)
When I began writing Taylor and Leander's story, I had NO idea it would capture so many of your hearts and imaginations. Thank you for loving them as much as I do. You are making my dreams come true.

Lily Archer believes in fairies, mermaids, and fierce fae warriors. Armed with nothing more than her imagination and a well-worn MacBook, she intends to slay the darkest beasts of the fantasy worlds an

Fae's Captive (8 books)
  • Road To Winter (Fae's Captive, #2)
  • Bite Of Winter (Fae's Captive, #3)
  • Beyond The Mountain (Fae's Captive, #4)
  • Taken (Fae's Captive, #5)
  • The Bazaar (Fae's Captive, #6)
  • The Abyss (Fae's Captive, #7)
  • Freedom (Fae's Captive, #8)

News & Interviews