Start by marking “The Forever Kind of Love” as Want to Read:
The Forever Kind of Love

The Forever Kind of Love

You never forget your first love ... especially when they cause you pain. Chase thought he was doing the right thing when he left Liam years earlier, but when he finds out he was wrong, it might be too late. The trust they once shared may be past the point of repair.

The Forever Kind of Love is a story of second chances that asks the question -- is a good reason enough to w
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 44 pages
Published March 2nd 2019 by JMS Books LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Forever Kind of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Forever Kind of Love

Start your review of The Forever Kind of Love
Jenny Wood
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Alright....
Chase and Liam...

So, I realize this is a short story, but ooooh how heartbreaking and bittersweet it would've been to have been a full length novel. It felt like because we had to rush so much into a short little story, I was like.... what? Did you honestly think that that would work? Because I understood it from Chase's point of view, I really understand where he was coming from... but explaining it, and saying it out loud, just sounded ridiculous.

So, Chase had always dreamed of g
Natosha Wilson
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of to the point short stories. It was a good read with heartbreak, anguish, anger, betrayal,, love, and forgiveness. It is what I call a second chance love read. Like I said a short story but there was no dragging things out. It is a book that got to the point of the book and then everything just fell into place. I enjoyed this book. LA Bryce did a good job on this book.

Chase is a military man. He is on leave heading home and he has a plan to fulfill while he is there. He knows that
Heather
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
4-1/2 Stars
We all have moments in our lives or things we've said that we wish we could do over or get a another chance at so when a "second chance at love" story comes across my reading radar there's just something so real and inviting about it. The Forever Kind of Love is a perfect example of second chances because Chase did what he thought was best and even though most of us probably agree with why he did it, the "how" is debatable as to right or wrong. I completely understand Liam's anger and
ButtonsMom2003
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog
A good short story.

I love a good short story but I hate seeing one get low star ratings because the reviewer thinks it doesn't go into enough depth with the characters or that important details were left out. It's a freaking short story!

I enjoyed The Forever Kind of Love a lot. It brought tears to my eyes more than once. There were things about the story that might have been a bit unrealistic but I read romance to escape from everyday life so they don't always have to be totally realistic for me
Kirstin
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a very quick and dirty novella with lots of forgiveness and love.

Chase left Liam after high school. They had plans and a future. But Liam wanted to study art and Chase didn't want to stand in his way. So, he joined the Navy and left for 4 years without a word.

Because of the super short length, there wasn't a ton of character building or background given, but I still got the gist of the anguish that Liam felt the day he woke up deserted and alone. The writing was elegant and emotional. B
Tanja OMGReads
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
When I started to read this I knew it was gonna be a quick read. So this review is going to be the same; I need more. It strange to say that I've read it in 30min but I felt all the hurt, anger and most definitely love they had for each other. This second chance could have been a full length novel or it could never end and I'd still want more.

“Liam, I love you. I have never been more sure about anything in my life. I love you today, yesterday and forever!”   *swoon*

***Review copy
Kristina
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
For as short as this lovely little book was it was filled with so much feeling, both heartache and longing, as well as love, and it made for a great read.

Chase had a plan that kinda backfired on him in the beginning but I can see where he was coming from... even if I wanted to smack him.

Liam had so much heartache and I just wanted to hug him till he smiled but I was glad that he had his art.

I really like LA’s writing this is the second book I have read and I need more.

*** Copy provided to Bayou
Maureen
Apr 22, 2020 rated it liked it
Kind of cute short story with Chase trying to win back Liam's heart after hurting him four years ago. Lots of angst here, heartbreak, pain, and resentment. Can love conquer all?
Ro
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was ok
I was worried when I started this book due to the length. While I love second chance tropes, I also need enough time and detail to make me want them to get back together and to really understand why they were apart. Forever Kind of Love is only 44 pages long and I didn’t get what I needed to make the story work.

Chase and Liam were in love, telling each other they were in love, and then Chase just up and leaves with no word, no message, no nothing for four years. Now he’s back and expecting Liam
mw138
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this short story about second chances at love. The main characters are both likable, but at times they were a little frustrating because I wanted to shake both of them, hoping they'd gain a little sense. My heart went out to Chase and Liam and the pain they experienced, but I also felt a sense of hope. This is a really sweet story that you can enjoy over your lunch break or a soothing drink at your favorite coffee shop.

I received a copy of this book from the author and voluntarily prov
Lyn
Jun 11, 2019
Love Bytes Reviews
Apr 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Reviewed by Cindy

I really wanted to like Chase and Liam. I could see the situation from both sides, to an extent but after reading this very short story, I was kind of disappointed in both of them.

The biggest issue is that this kind of story line is really not a 44 page story. The shortness of the book doesn’t really allow any for any emotional connection to the characters, something that’s essential when you are trying to build sympathy and understanding for them.

Everything happens so fast, and
MsS
Bookbee
Mar 19, 2020

• Return to Sender
  • Soldier Boy
  • The Aliens and Their Omega (Volardi Mpreg #1)
  • Love and War
  • Bred For Him
  • Save Me
  • Building Bonds (Kiss of Leather, #1)
  • Zone Defense: (ManLove, #1)
  • The Boyfriend Game (#boyfriendsbybLoved, #1)
  • Another Time, Another Place
  • Bonded to the Alpha (Bonded to the Alpha, #1)
  • Counting Fence Posts (Counting, #1)
  • The Royal Marine (The Sin Bin, #4)
  • The Blue Forces
  • The Bodyguard's Charge (Rochdale Security #1)
  • Fated (Shadow Mountain #1)
  • Cops, Cakes, and Coffee (Love's First Response #1)
  • Undercover (Undercover #1)
LA writes m/m romance with a splash of suspense. She loves her men to work hard, play hard and love hard. It doesn’t matter what their walk of life, although she has a special place in her heart for Military heroes, those that put their life on the line every day to keep us safe, trouble always seems to find them—whether it’s a homicidal maniac, someone with a grudge against the country, or an ex ...more

News & Interviews