Start by marking “Cry Wolf (Brown and de Luca, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Cry Wolf (Brown and de Luca, #4.5)

Cry Wolf

(Brown and de Luca #4.5)

Hey, I’m Rachel and just so you know up front, I’ve got a mouth on me. Not in public–when I can help it. Cussing is bad for the image of a bona fide guru of self-help, or that which I call “the bullsh*t I write.”

Only, I’m not so sure it’s bullsh*t, because in trying it out, I got my eyesight back after 20 years. Yeah, the corneal tissue came from a serial killer, and
Published March 19th 2019 by Thunderfoot

To ask other readers questions about Cry Wolf, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cry Wolf

Start your review of Cry Wolf (Brown and de Luca, #4.5)
Mei
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
I adore Rachel! I'm still convinced that I want to be Rachel when I grow up!
And I want Myrtle too!!! And Mason! And Josh and Jeremy! And, of course, Hugo!!!!
This was too short, but still good!
And I'm so happy that a new book in the series, Girl Blue, will be coming! Yeahhh!!!!
Coco.V
Sep 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (9/30/2019)! ...more
Aisha Oaktree
Originally Reviewed Bewitching Bibliophile

This is another of the quick stories that movies the overall story ahead while giving us a brief case to solve and letting us know more about Rachel & Mason. In this one Rachel and Mason are still rebuilding their home after the events of Deadly Obsession and living in an RV with the boys. It starts off at a local carnival with Josh hanging with his friends and having a blast. When it's time to head to home Jeremy who is heading off to college soon
Sher
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Maggie does it again with Rachel and Myrtle.
Rachel is a psychic..(cough cough) married to Officer Mason Brown..Sometimes she helps with his cases.But her gift seems a little out of whack..
Enter nationally known psychic Natalia DaVine.....To volunteer to help with a missing young boy case..
But this is Rachel's town..She is not happy, her inner bitch is really upset..
Is Natalia really what she says? Or does she have an agenda of her own?
Great next in the Brown and Deluca series..Can't wait for
Shavona Thompson
Rachel DeLuca is psychic - but she doesn't want to be psychic. She doesn't want to admit her "gift" but can't NOT use it if it will save a life. She and Detective Mason Brown make the perfect team both on the job and in love. Rachel has a sassy mouth and brilliant comebacks that are a testament to Maggie Shayne's creative writing style. This is book 6 in the Brown and DeLuca series. Can't wait to read book 7.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, novella
It is great to see Brown and de Luca again. It is also unexpected as the series seemed to have come to an end. Not so as the two work together to find out what and why a young boy is missing. Both Brown and de Luca are in top form. There is the missing boy, the famous mystic and of course Rachel who is not a you know what. Nice mix of characters, plot and action and as always a twist at the end.
Jennifer Alvarez
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
NFP

Never been a better time to be NFP than when a child goes missing. A gift so long seen as a curse could be a blessing in disguise if she can just embrace it. This was an excellent albeit sad story. Very well written and definitely makes you wonder whether all gifts are good and whether they are worth utilizing.
J. Florence
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book. I love Maggie Shayne, so therefore, I liked the book.
This was about a boy that was kidnapped on his way home from a fair. Rachel is a, shall we say psychic, she has other words for it, but she helps find the young man.
This was a good short story. As I said, this was a fun book to read, and I love Myrtle.
Audrey
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Josh’s friends bike is found with blood on it Mason and Rachel are on the case! Rachel’s psychic powers are in the grit but when a “psychic” comes to town to help she’s furious and positive the woman is a fake. I absolutely love this series and this author! I’m anxiously awaiting the next book in the series. This book can be read as a stand alone but I highly recommend the series!
Kathryn Laing
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Rachel de Luca and boyfriend Detective Mason Brown are on the hunt for missing boy Hunter, abducted off his bike on his way home from a fair. Rachel has a gift, or a curse, depending on how you look at it, that she calls her NFP, but whatever it is, now is not the time to loose it. Follow the trail as they search for Hunter, following clues as Rachel's NFP starts to return.
Sandra
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Novella featuring Rachel, Mason, Jeremy and Josh. The crime was basic and the bad guy was very easy to figure out but I didn't care because I love these characters and it was a delight to read more about them.
Kristin Queja
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful series, love Rachel

This is a wonderful series, love Rachel. Watching all the characters grow throughout the series is great, especially watching Rachel evolve either "NFP". Hearing her describe Myrtle is hilarious.
Margaret Jensen
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cry Wolf was an amazing book to experience.

This book was absolutely beautifully written. It deserves more than 5 stars. I would recommend this book to anyone else who loves to read.
Vickii Bendit
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!!! This one is so good! “Just a novella,” she said. “Just a quick read,” she said. She forgot to say “freaking awesome!!!” One of the best Brown and de Luca stories yet. It’s a quick ride, but one worth taking. So buckle up, get int the car, and take a ride along!
Rebecca Delio
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT STORY

I love all books by Maggie Shayne I especially love the Brown and deLuca series.. I love her dogs and the boys.....
Maureen ~Bitch Can Write A Book
It’s been a long time! I’m so excited to be back with the gang.

I so enjoyed this quick visit, diving right into next book. I saved to read them back to back.
SylviaV
Cry Wolf (Brown and de Luca, #4.5) by Maggie Shayne
The books in this series are stand alone books. This novella is a great installment in this series. The characters are very likable and I enjoy reading about their exploits. A solid 4 stars.
Vera Maslow
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love these characters, can't wait for more in this series.
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this series. Rachel and Mason are awesome together. Myrtle is my favorite!!There is nothing about this series I don’t like. Can’t wait for the next book in August.
Lou Ann Neeley
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Interesting. Just a little short. Nice quick read.
Manola Dobbs
Sep 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cry Wolf

Great book. De Luca is not your usually hero. She has an Inner Bitch, she swears like there is no tomorrow and she has a heart of gold. I hope there will be more books.
Shelley
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

This author doesn't disappoint. Maggie isn't happy being psychic but she acts as consultant to her detective, significant other. Must read
Patricia Lyons
Suzy
Nov 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• See You Soon
  • The Stalking (Krewe of Hunters #29)
  • Engaged in Trouble (Enchanted Events #1)
  • Horror-Ween (Krewe of Hunters)
  • Wedding Of The Century
  • The Second Wife
  • The Seekers (Krewe of Hunters #28)
  • Small-Town Secrets (Door County #1)
  • Deep Beneath (Psychic Visions #15)
  • Cozy Halloween Cozy Mystery Boxed Set
  • Blake Pierce: Mystery Bundle: Before He Kills, Cause to Kill, Once Gone and A Trace of Death
  • The Rise of Magicks (Chronicles of The One, #3)
  • Stateline (Dan Reno, #1)
  • Florida Son (Rip Lane, #2)
  • The Summer Nanny
  • The Summoning (Krewe of Hunters #27)
  • Chasing Shadows (Drew Patrick)
  • Nothing to Hide (Lucy Kincaid #15)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an ...more

Brown and de Luca (5 books)
  • Sleep with the Lights On (Brown and de Luca #1)
  • Wake to Darkness (Brown and de Luca, #2)
  • Innocent Prey (Brown and De Luca, #3)
  • Deadly Obsession (Brown and de Luca, #4)
  • Girl Blue (Brown & de Luca, #5)