Start by marking “From the Depths of Darkness: A Collection of Dark Poetry Left in the Light” as Want to Read:
From the Depths of Darkness: A Collection of Dark Poetry Left in the Light

From the Depths of Darkness: A Collection of Dark Poetry Left in the Light

Kindle Edition
Published February 19th 2019 by QuillInInk Press

To ask other readers questions about From the Depths of Darkness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Depths of Darkness

Start your review of From the Depths of Darkness: A Collection of Dark Poetry Left in the Light
Christina Bergling
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have never been an exceptional consumer of poetry. However, when the poetry is done well, when it is emotionally evocative and beautifully constructed, it does not take an experienced consumer to appreciate it. From the Depths of Darkness reads this way to me. I don't have to understand poetry to be affected by its words. The poems navigate through beautiful imagery and deeply emotional trauma. The poems moved me. They create a journey fully worth taking with Ronkainen.
Ben Ditmars
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“What you find buried in warm sweet water / swirling and inviting stays with you / long after tea cups have dried”

Immediately this book catches your eye. It’s like looking into a beautiful sunset. The cover, the illustration is on another level. And the words cut deeper. Death and tragedy blend with stories of surviving the impossible. I was blown away. From the Depths of Darkness is the kind of poetry that will change the world.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*
Vivian Zems
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book from the start. Khaya writes with passion on a very difficult subject. The plight of migrants crossing treacherous seas- for instance. I loved that her poetry is extremely sophisticated. I have several favourites- but overall I'm glad I bought this, because there are several pieces that are so visceral- they cry out to be devoured repeatedly.
Beaton

• The Frightened Little Flower Bud
  • Hat
  • Smiles Under Pillows
  • The Y in your Man is silent
  • Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
  • The Vagina Monologues
  • Lift Off!
Khaya Ronkainen is a South African-born writer, poet and creative entrepreneur. Her work is often inspired by nature. But also examines duality of an immigrant life, cultural identity, intercultural communication and relations among immigrants.

She is the author of two poetry chapbooks, Seasons Defined and From the Depth of Darkness, published through her small imprint, QuillInInk Press. Some of h

News & Interviews