Start by marking “For Your Consideration: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson” as Want to Read:
For Your Consideration: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

For Your Consideration: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

There are three certainties in life: death, taxes, and the awesomeness of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. This illustrated collection of humorous essays and fun extras makes the case for one of our most iconic celebrities, from the wrestling mat to the silver screen.

Sporting a proverbial perfect Rotten Tomatoes score of 100%, Certified Fresh, The Rock embodies everything we wan
Expected publication: November 5th 2019 by Quirk Books

To ask other readers questions about For Your Consideration, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about For Your Consideration

Jessica
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book for free from the publisher (Quirk Books).

This book is what dreams are made of! I liked Dwayne Johnson before reading this book, but now I LOVE Dwayne Johnson.

Going into this book, all I was expecting was a silly little book about Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. What I got was a fun book about Dwayne Johnson that also offered insightful commentary about masculinity and privilege. The book discusses how Dwayne Johnson challenges traditional notions of masculinity. For
Renata
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, grownup, nonfiction
I really enjoyed this book! I read it as an e-arc but given the illustrations and sidebars I imagine the finished print copy will have the feel of a browsable coffee table type book. If you're a fan of Dwayne The Rock Johnson (and who isn't), this is just the perfect blend of biography and analysis of what makes him SUCH a delightful celebrity figure.
Jen
Jul 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you aren’t already half in love with The Rock, this book will get you there and beyond. Not necessarily romantic love, but respect, awe and hope for humanity. I had no idea The Rock went through so much to get to where he is today. The book is more general than specific about those hardships, which makes me want to read an autobiography by The Rock (I know you’re busy, but maybe you can dictate it while you work out or something?)

This book doesn’t just sing his praises and it isn’t just a sil
Kay
Sep 29, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is designed and targeted for Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson fans. I've seen him in films and have found him likable. The author clearly is wildly enthusiastic regarding Dwayne Johnson, and I learned a lot about The Rock that I hadn't known before. There's a lot to like about him even if his choice of movie roles hasn't been the best. In that sense, it's rather like this book which seems to be cobbled together. I thought the evolution of American action stars was thoughtful and interesting a ...more
Erin
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Listen, I love Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, I love his movies, I love the Titan Games, I love his Instagram, I love him. And there's something awesome about reading a book about the People's Champion written by someone who clearly fanboys Dwayne Johnson. It was funny and I appreciated the look at masculinity in action throughout the years. Fast read, fun read.
Catherine
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Really not my cup of tea. The author is someone who has a great understanding of Dwayne Johnson. However, this is no an autobiographical version more a series of essays
Jen
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: nov-2019
LOL. Perfect for The Rock superfan in your world. Review on my blog soon!
Ann
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a biographical look at Dwayne the Rock Johnson. He is a major player in Hollywood and this collection of essays and writings gives a wonderful look at his life and family. The book is divided into 5 sections that cover different eras in his career. The illustrations and pictures are well done and I'm sure the finished hardcover book will be beautiful and fun to read. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Mike