Start by marking “Hard Line (Crossing Lines, #3)” as Want to Read:
Hard Line (Crossing Lines, #3)

Hard Line

(Crossing Lines #3)

My rule: Never let an old flame burn you twice.

Other people gave second chances—I didn’t. My modus operandi was to move on to the next girl in line and forget the previous one.

So when Tawnee Milano said she needed her space, I let her go. Then I left our mutual employer for a new job with the CIA and didn’t look back.

But a coded distress message from her sends me right bac
Published 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hard Line, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Line

Start your review of Hard Line (Crossing Lines, #3)
KFForever
kfforever

4.5 Stars ~ Reviewed by Emma-Louise on behalf of KindleFriendsForever

Three years and then a coded SOS message propel Roman across the map and into hot water, forgive the pun; this book does take place in Dubai, well for the most part.

When relationships end both parties, most often forever; not the case this time, however.
Kidnapping and murder attempts put Tawnee and Roman back on the same path. Their history is complex and difficult. Mistakes were made and now they are being forced
Ga Books LoverX
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this book as it features Tawnee and Roman and characters previous in the series. Not only are the characters believable but the tale that is spun by the author is twisty but also intriguing in how everything plays out.

Tawnee and Roman have not seen each other in 3 years since they broke up. Roman has gone to work for the CIA and Tawnee took over as Head of Security for the richest man in the world. They go their separate way until Roman receives a text on the secure line that stat
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Hard Line is the 3rd book in the Crossing Lines series and I thought it was the best book yet. This is a second chance romance.

Roman hasn’t heard from Tawnee Milano in 3 years. Ever since she said that she called it quits. Roman was never going to commit to their relationship so Tawnee had said no more.

Now he got a distress text from Tawnee and it called up all the reasons he wants her and he was going to rescue her.

Only problem is she didn’t send out the distress call but who did? Hard Line h
Paula
I am trying to be a more kinder & respectful reader but these Authors are making it so hard! I get that there are folks who like this shit, but there are equally those of us who don't.

So to these like-minded folks who want to avoid this aggravation, pass on this one! Why? Because this excerpt is from the prologue, after heroine tells him that she is dumping him:

"We’d been dating on and off for a while before that eventful fight. I don’t even remember what started the fight now. It was probably s
TheSassyNerdBlog
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, A.D Justice throws me into an action-packed, hot and suspenseful read that I couldn't put down. After finishing book 2 in this series a few days ago, I knew I needed more. There is just something about A.D's characters and plots that I love... and that keeps me wanting to come back for more, and book 3 of the Crossing Lines series was no different.

Roman has never been one to give second chances, it goes against everything he believes in, so after Tawnee walks out of his life announc
Mirjana **DTR - Down to Read**
Aug 20, 2019 marked it as not-gonna-happen-because-reasons

Nope.

(view spoiler)
Cheryl
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a fantastic book that I really enjoyed reading, full of intrigue and suspense and action that left me on the edge of my seat, I couldn't put it down. Fantastic storyline with some twists and difficult to predict, although at times I did struggle to keep up with the complexities. I still haven't figured out who sent the original text to Roman, a theory was discussed but never confirmed. It was a Great length as well, definitely long enough for the complex storyline and depth to the chara ...more
Elizabeth
Aug 05, 2019 marked it as nope-nope-nope
Manwhore and celibate heroine 🙄
Coco.V
Jul 27, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: own-but-not-read
Pre-order of Hard Line for $0.99 (regular price $2.99) on Amazon today (7/26/2019)💞
Jaclyn
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been waiting to read about Roman and Tawnee since we were first introduced to them in the Steele Security series. In Hard Line, we learn that Tawnee has walked away from Roman and her job after Roman refuses to offer her a commitment. She takes a new job and walks away and doesn’t look back. Roman and Tawnee move on, but a coded message from Tawnee sends Roman after her. Roman realizes all he gave up when Tawnee walked away and wants her back, but now it’s Tawnee who is hesitant. I don’t wa ...more
Marcia Brodt
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wowza! Keeps you on the edge of your seat!

Hard Lines is full of intrigue and suspense. Oh yes, there is love too!
This is Roman Scott’s story. He is a CIA officer with commitment issues that ends his relationship with Tawnee Milano.
Tawnee is in Dubai as top security team for the wealthiest man in the world, Rafael Cruz. An encrypted text message was sent to Roman using Brad’s secret message system, that Tawnee is in Imminent danger. It’s odd, Roman receiving this message since they haven’t spoken
Ana Laura
CANNOT THESE AUTHORS KNOW THAT THEY ARE BECOMING EVERY TIME MORE AND MORE RIDICULUM ?! HOW DOES SOMEONE WITH SUCH LOW PERCEPTION DECIDE TO WRITE A BOOK FOR GOD SAKE ?! IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO STOP WRITING THIS KIND OF SHIT?!!!
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Aug 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Man oh man has AD Justice knocked another one out of the park! This is book three in the series however you can read it as a standalone, however I really believe you will enjoy it more if you read the others as there are interconnecting characters. And while you are at it, if you haven't read the Steele Security series I highly, highly recommend them as well. Although to be honest, this author is a must read for me. I read everything she writes and reread them because they are all that good. Now ...more
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
Tawnee and Roman have been separated for three years. His resistance to commitment was the reason for the separation and Tawnee has been away, both “over” the other. But when an encrypted distress call comes from her phone, Roman forgets about everything and rushes to her aid.

This book once again has all characters from previous books in the series and that alone is a guarantee that fun times are involved.

I loved Tawnee. She is a no-nonsense woman, who isn’t afraid of speaking her mind. She is h
Jul 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF at 19%

I wanted to like this title, and it had all of the elements that draw me in to a book. Unfortunately, I never really believed the characters were who they said they were. No, I am not particularly familiar with how spies act, unless you count the ones on TV, but there was just a certain something missing for me in this title.
Michelle
Oct 23, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was a DNF for me. I got to 55% and then skimmed the next 20 pages and then flipped to the end. These people are supposed to be CIA agents and I felt like it was amateur night. I imagine spies have better control over their emotions because they are in high, intense life and death situations. I kept thinking this must be a spoof.

And the hero...give me a break. The have a on/off relationship but we’re exclusive. He did give her a drawer at his place. All she wants from him is a commitment to
Karen Hrdlicka
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely FLOVED this book! Roman and Tawnee are more than ready for their second chance. I love how AD Justice writes strong smart women, who know their hearts long before their supposedly brilliant security men do. The banter in between her couples is always amazing, but the author outdoes herself with Roman and Tawnee. Their dialogue bounces from witty to sweet, to flirty and downright dirty. Add the smart banter to the intricate suspense plot and you have the recipe for a great story.
For
Reading Addict
Aug 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well I just finished Tawnee and Roman's story and I am on the fence about this one. Part of me wanted to give it a 3* rating and the other part wanted to give it 4*. I love a good romantic suspense book however second chance romances tend to be hit or miss. I had a hard time connecting with this one. I have read all the books in the series and Roman is a bit of a tough character to like. He is a "my way or the highway" type and that attitude is what lead to him and his girlfriend/teammate Tawnee ...more
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Aug 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Three years ago Roman and Tawnee were a couple. In Roman's eyes everything was perfect but in Tawnee's eyes the commitment wasn't there. When she left Roman drew a hard line that he wouldn't take her back or put his heart on the line again.

Now, Tawnee's in danger and Roman finally realizes that he couldn't give his heart to anyone else because Tawnee owns it. Now he will stop at nothing to save her and get her back.

Tawnee has no clue the danger to her is closer than she thinks. Whe
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
5 Stars

Talk about a wild ride! Hard Line is an action packed, keep you on the edge of your seat, second chance romance between Roman and Tawnee. These two ended their relationship three years earlier, but neither one ever really got over the other. Then one day out of the blue, Roman receives an SOS text from Tawnee through an encrypted code only they know. He drops everything and grabs his team to travel to the other side of the world to rescue her. Only when they get there, things aren’t exact
Jessica Cox
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the crossing line series but this is also a spin-off of the Stelle security series. You will meet all the characters from the previous books. I liked this book it wasn't my favorite Roman really changed into a completely different character. After he receives an encoded text message from his former girlfriend and co-worker Tawnee he does a complete 180 and goes from his Hard Line of never being with anyone more than once to being obsessive about getting Tawnee back. Eve ...more
Denise
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Being that I am older I think I like reading the second chance more and more which this one falls into that. Having read the first two I had to see what why this author was gonna rip us apart and piece us together again with her characters.
Roman and Tawnee give it good with him having to think again. Danger puts up all kinds of emotions with us being right there in the midst of it all. This will redirect them in more ways than one with us front and center. To have a guy feel that deep is one th
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these characters so much. Roman and Tawnee are fated to be together, by but they both needed so time apart to recognize their bond. When they are forced together to terminate a threat, they acknowledge this is their time and their love is hard fought. With their friends and family we are treated to an adrenaline fueled ride that will make you smile at the end
Latifa Morrisette
Jul 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a coded message comes from the woman that got away, he knows that he'll do nothing until she's in his arms. But once together, Tawnee and Roman learn that not only did the message not come from but that she is in serious danger. This book was filled with non-stop action and I absolutely loved it.
Andrea Britton
Aug 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A second chance like no other! I absolutely fell in love with these two characters. A.D Justice is writing these stories better and better and the emotions in this one are HIGH!! It was an all consuming read.

Tawnee and Roman have a love that has endured being apart for three years. When these two reunite the sparks fly and the love grows even more. The way that Roman drops everything for Tawnee makes my heart burst with love and happiness.

We get a suspense romance that will have you flipping t
Kirstie Ibrahim
Jul 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ad-justice
Book 3 did NOT disappoint! It just keeps getting better. Now that we know the characters a bit more its good to see how they are growing as the books continue. This one was a second chance at love and was full of action and mystery with some twists and turns. It is a page turner for sure and addictive. I was happy with how it all wrapped up for the ending and look forward to the next one.
Veronica LaRoche
Jul 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I absolutely love this book. I loved Roman and Tawnee’s story and how they got their second chance. There was an insane twist that I didn’t see coming. Roman will definitely make you swoon and I loved how Tawnee is such a badass heroine that she doesn’t need a man too take care of her. I absolutely loved seeing all the characters from pervious books in this story story. Another amazing read that once you start reading that you will be hooked.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy
Naughty Mom Story Time
Jul 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another action packed romance in this series! Roman gets a second chance with Tawnee who is a total badass!

Full review to follow
Debbie Collins
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hard Line is the third book in the Crossing Lines series, and it is the story of Roman and Tawnee. Even though they are not a couple at the beginning of this book, when Tawnee sends a coded distress message to Roman there is no way he will ignore it.
This is a great second chance at love book loaded with suspense, action, danger, and romance. Some of the characters in this book are from the Steele Security series, but even if you haven't read those books, you can still read this one as a standalo
Michele Patterson
Loved It!!!

Awesome book!! I have loved all the books in this series!! Roman and Tawnee were the perfect match from the beginning!! I love all the characters from this series and the Steele Security series as well!! Please tell me there is another book coming about Blake!! Thanks for another wonderful story to get caught up in A.D.!!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Justice For Angie
  • Hostile Ground (The Arsenal, #7)
  • Kylest's Reign (Paranormals of Avynwood Book 3)
  • SEAL's Spitfire (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 1)
  • Avenging Victoria (Counterstrike #3 / Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Impact Zone (The Arsenal #6)
  • Protecting Mari (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Counterstrike #1)
  • Lycos (Guardian Security Shadow World Book 3)
  • HOT SEAL Hero (HOT SEAL Team, #7)
  • One Shameless Night (West Sisters, #2)
  • Battle Scars (The Arsenal, #5)
  • Cocky Playboy (Cocky Suits Chicago, #1)
  • My Ex's Baby (Crescent Cove #8)
  • Justice for Amber (Seeking Justice #1)
  • Desperate Deception (Brotherhood Protectors World / Heroes Rising Book 1)
  • (Not) The One
  • Shelter for Martina (Bluegrass Bravery #3)
A.D. Justice is the award winning USA Today bestselling author of multiple series and stand-alone romance novels.

Join my Facebook Reader Group

.   .

Crossing Lines (3 books)
  • Fine Line (Crossing Lines, #1)
  • Blurred Line (Crossing Lines, #2)

News & Interviews