Start by marking “Until the Lightning Strikes” as Want to Read:
Until the Lightning Strikes

Until the Lightning Strikes

(Happily Ever Alpha World)

Published (first published April 16th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Until the Lightning Strikes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until the Lightning Strikes

Start your review of Until the Lightning Strikes
♡Tonya♡
I love an instalove story and the #boom does it for me every time. Great teacher student romance. He is not actually her professor.

-no cheating
-om drama - none
-ow drama - there was drama from a woman but it was not anyone he has a history with. Also, she was not after him romantically, it was job related
-no violence of a sexual nature
-steamy
-good epilogue
Melissa
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this story. This is an insta love story that takes place in the Happily Ever Alpha series. Liam is envious of his friends and the love they have found. Since moving home he wants to settle down, find the “boom” his friends have. He never expected to find it in one of his models for the art class that he teaches. Rachel is down on her luck and desperately needs a job to stay in school. Her only options are stripping, one for a strip club and the other as a nude model. She takes the ...more
Raine
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teacher and TA

Good short by Elle Christensen that is set in AAR's Until universe. This one is about a famous artist, Liam, who is a professor at the college and a down-on-her-luck student, Rachel, who is struggling to pay for school. She is to proud to accept help from her friend's parents, so she decides to become a nude model for an art class taught by Liam. He's hit with the BOOM and prevents her from losing nude to keep her all to himself.
Carmen Rae
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
BOOM
Sandy Nikolas
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love is a work of art

Another great addition to the Until world! I enjoyed the art aspect to this story. Liam and Rachel had the Boom factor and just enough suspense for a little extra makes this story a nice, quick read.
Fiona Fog
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When Rachel is left with no options when she loses her job, her friend Rosa convinces her to pose as a nude model for the art department. It's not what she wanted but it's better then stripping and that was her last choice. She was that desperate. Not having a stable family environment and parents who really don't deserve that title she struggled to get this far. She's proud and hates to ask for help.

Liam Bennent is an award winning artist. His work is sought after. He is also the professor of t
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Until the Lightning Strikes is the story of Liam and Rachel. This book is apart of the Happily Ever Alpha Series. This book can be a standalone book, but the previous characters do intertwine from the previous books. Rachel is trying to put herself through college but her one job has let the workers go...so her friend this she could model for art students for money. Lima is a famous artist but also helps teach at a college. When Rachel shows up to model...he shuts that down fast because she is h ...more
Elizabeth Neal
One decision can have far reaching consequences, and whether the outcome is good or bad, your life is still changed forever. Such is the case for Liam and Rachel.

Rachel, in dire need of money due to covering all her expenses on her own, and one of her jobs closing unexpectedly, takes her friend's advice and signs on to become a nude model for an art class. What she wasn't prepared for was getting sent away and told not to return within minutes of disrobing.

Liam, an art teacher, knows his student
MichelleG
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great addition into ARR's extended "Until" universe. The scene where Liam, the H, sets eyes on Rachel, the h, was a great Boom moment as well as a great display of the classic jealous and possessive behavior I love in a hero. I would have totally loved to watch his meltdown if she HAD made it to the other job interview she was setting up on the phone. That would have been delish.

I loved that Rachel was independent, determined, smart and sassy without ever crossing the line into u
Renee Entress
5 star

I was pulled right into this super short story. The story has naughty fun, passion, and hot steamy love.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading them first if you want the full stories of the Until series by Aurora Rose Reynolds as these novellas take place in the same series:
Until November (Until, #1)
Until Trevor (Until, #2)
Until Lilly (Until, #3)
Until Nico (Until, #4)
Until July (Until Her/Him, #1)
Until Jax (Until Her/Him, #2)
Until June (Until Her/Him, #3)
Until Ashlyn (Un
Penny
Apr 17, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Rating: 3.5 “Totally OTT” Stars

In the mood for a super OTT, bossy H in the best Alexa Riley style? If so, you need to check out Elle Christensen’s Until the Lightning Strikes.

Rachel is set on falling as far away from her family tree as possible. She needs to find a new job stat so she can finish college. And if being a nude model for an art class is her only choice, she will do whatever it takes.

It only takes one second and one look for Liam to realize what Rachel is to him, and that same time f
Cassie
Apr 04, 2019 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed Christensen’s romp in the “Until” world. She captured the spirit of the “boom” well in Liam Bennet with his alpha ways. She had just the right amount of cameos from the originals in person and name that placed you right there while also building her own section of the world.

Liam as mentioned above is, of course, an alpha male to a “t” and proud of it. The millennial in me (And also Rachel apparently) screams at his arrogance and yet I am glued to every word he says. I find this
Carrie
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WONDERFUL BOOM!!!

Rachel & Liam's BOOM is everything we love about the Until world. Instant connection, fun banter, STEAMY steam, and a hint of intrigue. I absolutely fell in love with these characters, including the glimpses at past couples we know & love, and hopefully one or two future stories... ; )

And there's a little something awesome about that cover... : )
Tiffany
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rachel just wants to finish school and then the unthinkable happens when she loses her job. She finds another job but it is totally different from anything she had done before. Liam has heard about the boom but doesn’t believe it until he meets Rachel and instantly knows she was meant for him. Will Rachel put her guard down to let Liam into her heart?

I thought this was a very good read. I loved Rachel and Liam’s characters. Liam was very much the alpha and very determined when it came to Rachel
Darlene I read WAY to many books
Who doesn't love the Boom!!! And the word Boom!! Cuz i do this one was just a joy for me it was quick pace steamy and just great. I love ARR UNTIL series and these ones by other authors are great so far!!

Rachel i enjoyed her she stood her ground when Liam went OTT ALPHA on her and that sass she gave it good, she has had a rough life with drug addicting parents but that didnt stop her from achieving her dreams, she had a problem now since her job closed down for good her good friend gave her a t
Melody Dawn
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Until series is one of my favorites so to have one of my favorite authors, Elle Christensen, write a story in the Happily Ever Alpha world, I was ecstatic. Also, I couldn't wait to see who was going to get their BOOM!

In Ms. Christensen's story, Until the Lightning Strikes, we meet Rachel, a student who is overwhelmed by her expenses and has just lost her job, which is vitally necessary for her to continue going to school. Finding out her BFF, Rosa has been posing nude for their college's Art
Book Snob Sue
I absolutely love this series, and I love it even more when the Happily Ever Alpha World books come out, to see which of my favorite authors are writing who’s book in this world that I love so much. And since I am a big fan of Elle Christensen, I was very excited to get to read this book too😍.

Liam is a famous artist and a college professor. Rachel is a college student that is down on her luck, and decides to do nude modeling for an art class...lmao, he gets one look at her and demands everyone
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Elle Christensen has another brilliant novella she's released in ARR's world and y'all this is such a good one. Another boom, another love story, another alpha you'll swoon for, another journey you'll want to keep going after the words stop flowing.

Until Lightning Strikes was a sexy, sweet, steamy, slightly suspenseful, intriguing romance that hooked me in the very beginning and didn't let go until the last word. Liam and Rachel lit up my kindle the moment they landed and stole a piece o
Cheryl O'Harney
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Title: Until Lightning Strikes (Happily Ever Alpha World)
Author: Elle Christensen
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ARC received in return for an honest review.

Another flawless addition to the Happily Ever After World. When Liam’s eyes meet those of Rachels the model scheduled for the art class he teaches it’s not the stormy weather brewing outside that kickstarts his emotions it’s the famous talked about 'BOOM' which his friends have, and once that hits him he goes out of his way, as
Garden Of REden
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
** REVIEW BY CASSIE **

Erin
Shelves: 2019-arc
First, let me start by saying I FLOVE this cover!!!

Second, get ready for an awesome "BOOM"!!

This story was incredible. I am a HUGE fan of Aurora Rose Reynolds and her Until series. (I have read and loved all of them!) So I was ecstatic to get another "WORLD" book by another of my favorite authors, Elle Christensen. I love these characters! And the way she fit the original characters in, it seemed like these 2 had been around the entire time. Liam and Rachel melted my heart. Their BOOM was amazin
FMR Book Grind
Review by Erin

First, let me start by saying I FLOVE this cover!!!

Second, get ready for an awesome "BOOM"!!

Natalie Rhodes
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book!!!

Liam and Rachel’s story was an insta love for me from the start! Liam is intense and protective and he loves hard! Once he found his #boom he didn’t let her go! Rachel is such an amazing character as well and I really feel these two connected so well together.

There’s also a great suspense to this story...but what good story doesn’t have some police involved lol!! I really enjoyed the storyline and how it played out!

Their story was passionate, fun to read and just grabbed me a
Jazmyne- Ramblings of a Bookworm
The title of this one is 100% appropriate -- when the boom hits Liam it's exactly like getting hit by lightning! His reaction is almost more than the Mayson men, I'd wager. The moment he sees Rachel, he just can't stop his reaction. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about these two together, but after just a few pages, I was totally rooting for them.

I identified with Rachel a lot. She was working hard to make a new life for herself and she could only rely on herself for support. Although I've
Erin
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another out of the park one for Elle. I absolutely loved this story. You will not be disappointed. This story takes place in the Happily Ever Alpha series.

Liam is a man looking for love, the kind of love all his friends have found. That instant love of your life. He never expected to find it in Rachel. Rachel a girl in desperate need of a job to stay in school takes a gig as a model for an art class, Liam's art class.

The moment Rachel walks into his art room Liam knows, she is his and will sto
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I don't think I have ever been more excited than when I saw the Happily Ever After Kindle Worlds by ARE was back and all these amazing author's writing in her world. Rachel is a college student paying for everything on her own when the cafe she works at closed she's not sure what she can do. Her bestie tells her about nude models for her college and even though it feels a lot like what her mom does she knows it's not. Liam knows all about the book but he's not sure he believes until Rachel ends
H.B. Jasick
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is an absolute whirlwind of explosive sexual energy. Liam and Rachel are everything you want romance to be. They are the very definition of fate.
This is a fast paced, electric romantic story featuring an sexy, addictive alpha, and his girl. Liam has all the intensity needed to keep you turning the page desperately. Rachel is both strong and independent. You find yourself truly excited when Liam sets his sights on her, and you swoon right a long with her as she gives in to him.
I love
Rykeea L.
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for a honest review. Elle amazed me with Until Rayne and I was so excited to see she was writing a second book for the Boom World. So when I started Until the Lighting Strikes I had high expectations and by the second chapter, I was in love with Liam Bennet. Gah, so hot and alpha possessive and the minute the Boom hits, goosebumps I tell you. Loved seeing Rayne and Nick again and it made me want to go back and read Until Rayne again. I loved this book, I loved these ...more
Julie
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great addition to the Happily Ever Alpha books! This story stayed true to the BOOM in all of the books. Elle Christensen did a great job intertwining her series with Aurora Reynold's Until Series. It was great seeing glimpses of the characters from the other books, but still seeing what developed between the main characters in this one. Elle Christensen developed a great read, wonderful characters with a definite BOOM you don't want to miss!
FunUndertheCovers
Apr 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun and steamy novella, with a bossy alpha and insta-love going on! What more could you ask for?

Liam is sexy and talented. Rachel is strong and determined. Together they are mind blowing. When you get hit with the "BOOM", you can't fight it.

I loved this sweet and sexy novella. I couldn't put it down. I read it from start to finish straight through.

Sexy and romantic. Full of passion and love. Until the Lightning will jolt you to life and fill your heart with all the feels!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Until Midnight: Happily Ever Alpha World
  • Until the Tequila
  • Scary Hot (Until Series and Club Alias Series Crossover)
  • Until Fools Find Gold
  • Until Talon (Until Her/Him #9)
  • With Kol (Daniels Family Book 2)
  • Hooking Him (How to Catch an Alpha, #3)
  • Love at The Bluebird
  • Trapping Her
  • Mad Gold (Providence Gold, #2)
  • Until December (Until Her/Him, #8)
  • The Wrong/Right Man
  • Rock-a-Bye, Baby: A Vegas, Baby Novella
  • Three of a Kind (Wallflowers #1)
  • Baiting Him (How to Catch an Alpha #2)
  • Starlet
  • Muse
  • Bought for Protection (Bought by the Billionaire Book 3)
I’m a lover of all things books, a hopeless romantic, and have always had a passion for writing. Between being a sappy romantic, my love of an HEA, my crazy imagination, and ok, let’s be real, my dirty mind, I fell easily into writing romance.
I’m a huge baseball fan and yet, a complete girly, girl. I’m an obsessive reader and have a slight (hahaha! Slight? Yeah, right) addiction to signed books.

Happily Ever Alpha World (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Until Susan (Happily Ever Alpha World)
  • Until You're Mine (Happily Ever Alpha)
  • Until More (More, #9)
  • Until Nox (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle Worlds; Hyde #3)
  • Until We Meet Again
  • Until Avery
  • Until Arsen (Daniels Family, #1)
  • Until Leo
  • Until The Summer (Happily Ever Alpha Kindle World)
  • Until Kayla