Start by marking “Life on the Lion (Magical Midway, #2)” as Want to Read:
Life on the Lion (Magical Midway, #2)

Life on the Lion

(Magical Midway #2)

A missing mentalist.
A magical ultimatum.
To save the family business, one witch must pull something spectacular out of her hat.

For newly-minted witch Charlotte, moving from the human realm to life in the magical circus is still a tightrope walk. But when the crooked Witches' Council passes a law that gives her a week to hand over two of her friends, she wonders if she's

Published June 21st 2018 by Badchen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Life on the Lion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life on the Lion

Start your review of Life on the Lion (Magical Midway, #2)
Seraphia
Welcome back to the Midway Circus! Charlotte is back with her friends and family, and things are ever changing. With the abilities of the ringmaster, Charlotte has made her Uncle a part of the land of the living, in his own unique way. While this does have an upside, it also has a very noticeable downside…now things seem to be back to how they were…when he was alive. All the paranormals turn to him, and her Uncle only comes to her when he needs her to do some ringmaster magic. Fun times, right? ...more
D. Moreu
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
CHANGES ARE COMING!
This 2nd book in the series is another very enjoyable read; just as I did when I got the 1st book, I simply could not put it down until I had finished it! Ms. Leeds certainly knows how to combine the fun and whimsy of magical paranormal circus characters while combing that with some deep, thought-provoking situations and questions about societal norms and whether or not changes are necessary, doable or even possible.
This 2nd book in the series is another very enjoyable read;
Toni
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic second book in the series! It;s been a few months since Charlotte took over as ringmaster and Gunther, the son of the rival circus, has been teaching her how to use her magic. Then the three wicked witches, oops, sorry the three council member witches show up demanding her to turn over the two humans in their circus and if she did the circus would be safe, yeah right. From this point on it;s a race for Charlotte to figure out how to not only save her humans but the circus as ...more
Gabrielle Hashimoto
Leanne Leeds has written an imaginative, fun, and magically entertaining story. Charlotte is still trying to learn how to run the carnival and with her Uncle still around, she’s fighting to prove that she really is the new ringmaster. When the witches’ council gives Charlotte an ultimatum that would either leave the carnival vulnerable or force her to give up two of her friends to the council for punishment, Charlotte must find a way to save both the Carnival and her friends. I love where the ...more
Claudia
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The second story of the "Magical Midway Circus Mysteries" follows Charlotte taking hold of more responsibilities and power, learning to understanding more of the magical world and at the same time swarting the evil witches and rescuing a kidnapped circus member.
Like the first book the pace is steady, an interestin g mix of "Why did no one tell me?" to funny episodes, when she tries new skills to the thrill of figuring out the mystery of who kidnapped Mark and why.
I received a free copy of this
Molly
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: alternative fantasy fans
Recommended to Molly by: Booksprout
for a girl who grew up among humans, being sort of the ringmaster of this travelling magical circus is quite a feat - except when it is boring.

semi-reviving her dead uncle, the previous ringmaster, means she feels more like a magical supply closet, used only for things her no longer truly alive uncle can do, sorting out the witches council, and dealing with learning her powers.

doesn't sound like a great deal of fun, and also sounds tiring.

can she find the joy in her magic? can she save her
Pete
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cosy Mystery Fans
This is the second book in the 'Magical Midway' cosy mystery series, and it takes over very well from the first book. It is an intelligent mystery story which maintains interest and is fast moving and exciting and features a very clever solution to the Midway's persecution by the Witches Council. It is a fun feel-good read, but which also has some observations on democracy, fairness, inclusivity and relationships.
As befits a cosy mystery there is nothing to offend and it gave me a couple of very
Liza
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The crime this time is kidnapping.

One of the two humans at the Magical Midway Circus has disappeared. Ringmaster Charlotte needs to find him - partly to help convince her paranormal staff that she is capable of being the boss and Lawgiver.

The Witch Council is still doing its best to shut down the two remaining magical circuses and is using the "No humans allowed" law to achieve this.

Charlotte is also trying to activate thinking in the group - just because it has been done that way, doesn't
Karen
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved book one and I loved this book, what a great series this.it has an original storyline and believable characters that draw you into the story and keeps you reading. Just like the first book I couldn't put this book down. I would advise you read book one to fully understand the story. If you enjoy Cosy Mystery or even Paranormal Romance then you will enjoy this series. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Relina Skye
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Life on the Lion (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 2) was written by Leanne Leeds. Charlotte is still trying to get the hang of running the Magical Midway circus when she gets a visit from the witches' council. Since two of the performers are human, the witches' council created a law to try to get Charlotte to hand over the Magical Midway to them.
Overall, I enjoyed reading this novel. It has a unique setting, characters, and plot.
Stephanie
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is awesome and the characters are too die for funny. Charlotte has taken over the circus because uncle Phil died but he's still with them and he still thimks he runs the circus and now the witches council is after them. I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Tanya
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She is a new witch but she is giving a task which means she has to turn her two friends in. Will she be able to do it? One goes missing and she only has a week to sort it all. Will she be able to do it?

Barbara
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The suspense, the drama, the danger, the old hurts coming to light, the second book in the series and I can not wait to read the next one. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Evon Adkins
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is a nice twist on the paranormal realm. The fact that she married the realm and witches made for a good read. I cant wait for the next one.

I received a free copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Jena Duffy
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Enchanting series. Enjoyed the characters and the change of pace. I'm new to this author but I am already drawn in! Can't wait to finish this series!
Jan Sjostrand
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the series and the Magical circus. Charlotte and friends make for a fun read and learning along with her is great I highly recommend this series
Barb VanderWel
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this & I can't wait for more.
I will be also leaving a review on Goodreads @ Amazon.
And letting everyone know about it.
So i gave it a 5 Stars.
Loraina Snowden
Jan 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical midway #2

I am really enjoying this game on paranormal and types.. Having a setting where interaction between the paranormal s is really intriguing.
Diane Doyle
Amy
Sep 18, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Editions Combining 1 2 Jun 07, 2018 12:35PM

• Sweet Tea & Spells (A Southern Charms Cozy Mystery Book 3)
  • Flip the Witch Switch (Wicked Witches of the Midwest, #14)
  • Doom and Broom (Wicked Witches of Coventry Book 2)
  • Fury Godmother (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #2)
  • Great Balls of Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Collards & Cauldrons (A Southern Charms Cozy Mystery Book 5)
  • Bad to the Crone (A Spell's Angels Mystery, #1)
  • Cupid in Crisis (Moonstone Bay Cozy Mystery Short)
  • Horribly Haunted in Hillbilly Hollow (Ozark Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #1)
  • Soul Food Spirits (Southern Ghost Wranglers #1)
  • Barbeque & Brooms (A Southern Charms Cozy Mystery Book 4)
  • No Guts, No Fury (Federal Bureau of Magic Cozy Mystery #3)
  • To Spell with It (Moonstone Bay Mystery #4)
  • Freaky Reapers (A Mystic Caravan Mystery Book 8)
  • Only the Quiet (A Death Gate Grim Reapers Thriller, #2)
  • The Ghastly Ghost of Hillbilly Hollow (Ozark Ghost Hunter, #2)
  • Lemonade & Love Potions (A Southern Charms Cozy Mystery Short)
  • If the Broom Fits (Wicked Witches of Coventry, #1)
Leanne Leeds writes sweet, fun, often romantic but always fast-paced paranormal cozy mysteries. She lives in rural Texas with her husband, daughter, and a house full of cats that would sound like Samson if they could talk.

You can also visit her at leanneleeds.com for free stories, to join her newsletter (and be notified of discount $1.99 early release pricing periods), or to find Leanne on your

Magical Midway (8 books)
  • Witchiest Circus on Earth (Magical Midway, #1)
  • Unbearable Magic (Magical Midway, #3)
  • Go for the Juggler (Magical Midway, #4)
  • Irrelephant Omens (Magical Midway, #5)
  • A Call to Charms (Magical Midway, #6)
  • Hole Lotta Magic (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 7)
  • When Curse Comes to Love (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 8)