Start by marking “Witchiest Circus on Earth (Magical Midway, #1)” as Want to Read:
Witchiest Circus on Earth (Magical Midway, #1)

Witchiest Circus on Earth

(Magical Midway #1)

Magic under the big top.
Murder under investigation.
Can a non-practicing witch save the family business and live to see the encore?

Charlotte never had the choice to follow in her family’s magical footsteps. Her parents decided decades ago to live amongst the humans and leave the mystical circus far behind. But when her ringmaster uncle is murdered and wills her the family’s
Published by Badchen Publishing (first published May 15th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Witchiest Circus on Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witchiest Circus on Earth

Start your review of Witchiest Circus on Earth (Magical Midway, #1)
Juli
The Magical Midway is a circus. Not just any old carnival attraction, but a magical, travelling circus. Instead of trained animals and human performers, it's filled with paranormal creatures of all sorts. Charlotte Astley gets to spend one week every year visiting her Uncle Phil, ringmaster at the Magical Midway. Until he's murdered. Then Charlotte finds herself immersed in the world of paranormals, trying to investigate her uncle's death.

What a fun paranormal cozy mystery! I like the idea of a
Sandee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful universe! A paranormal circus with its own rules and laws. This was a fun read. Charlotte becomes the Ringmaster of a paranormal circus when her uncle is murdered. Of course she has to investigate his murder but all while learning about the laws and rules of the paranormal circus. The paranormal circus folk also require lots of learning. I really liked the feel of this book and the promise of the series. Fun, funny and positive.
Carol
Charlotte Astley’s parent are both witches
but prefer to live in the human world. Charlotte
is raised as a human never learning witchy skills.
The family lives in Mickwac, Texas.
One week per summer, she is allowed to visit her
Uncle Phil at his Magical Magical Midway. This
is paranormal circus and carnival. Hundreds of
Various paranormal types make this their home.
Uncle Phil is the Ringmaster until he gets poisoned.
Now the inexperienced Charlotte takes over as
Ringmaster. Her Uncle Phil’s spirit is
Kristina Rasmussen
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
This was a fun read. I’m a sucker for the cozy paranormal genre I’ve decided. My only issue with this book is I had a hard time seeing the main character as a 30 year old. She seemed more like a late teen. I haven’t decided if that bothers me or not.
Rebecca
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
At last...a circus with no guilt! ALL the "animals" here are...other. And magic abounds. Charlotte's uncle dies, leaving her the Ringmaster of a magical circus. But there's an issue...Charlotte's parents turned their backs on the witch world years ago, raising her in the mundane world. While she knows what she is, and has some innate talent, she's never been trained in magic, much less in handling the Magic of the Midway! But with the help of some shape-shifting carnival friends, the ghost of ...more
Seraphia
My first paranormal circus story ever and I absolutely loved it and I couldn't bear to put it down! Hands down absolutely fantastic! Charlotte is a fantastic character and so much fun with her fellow circus mates.
Charlotte goes to her Uncle's circus every year for just ONE WEEK and then she has to go home (per her father's rules). So as you can guess Charlotte really doesn't know much about the circus OR the paranormals who call it home. Add to it, that Charlotte is a witch, but barely so.
Sally Wilsey
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a different kind of mystery book for me and i found myself reading it in one day. Centaurs, Witches and Kepies are all in this book. Charlotte has had a sheltered life in that she is a witch but her parents only her allow her t go to her Uncles Midway Circus one week a year. Charlotte turns 30 after her last trip finds out that her Uncle has died and she and her father are up to taking over the Paranormal Circus as Ringmaster. There are only 2 of these type circus' left. Charlotte is ...more
Relina Skye
Dec 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witchiest Circus on Earth (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 1) was written by Leanne Leeds. No one knows the true origins of the paranormal circuses. However, the running of them tends to be passed down from generation to generation. Though now there are only two left. Charlotte's family is connected to the Magical Midway. Her uncle is the headmaster, and her father wants nothing to do with it. Even her mother who is also a witch does not want anything to do with magic. So, ...more
Brad
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different Twist on Magic and Circuses

Traveling circuses have always had a veil of mystique and allure to many. This is the first book in a series that looks at one circus that is very magical.

Charlotte, our protagonist, has been raised with almost no magical experience except for a one week adventure each summer to visit Uncle Phil who is the ring master of a magical circus. His murder leads to Charlotte becoming the next ring master. With the help of her familiar, Samson, and a growing group
Karen
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book, which I thoroughly enjoyed reading and couldn't put down once started. The storyline was original and the characters believable. The author certainly knows how to spin a good story and draw you in from the very start of the book and has that magic that keeps you wanting to read more and more. This book is what I would also term an enjoyable, easy read that has nothing in it that could. offend anyone This was the first book I have read by this author and I enjoyed it so much, that I ...more
Renee
Apr 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The author did an excellent job making the storyline interesting and fun. Love the fact there was a good sense of humor in addition to the mystery. There was some good character development, mainly for just the lead so it will be interesting to see how that progresses as the series goes along. Leanne Leeds wins best award for a familiar though--Samson pretty much stole the show for me!

The only reason I did 4 stars instead of 5 is the mystery part didn't keep me guessing.

I do believe there was
Annette Aguilar
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A wacky, funny, awesome mystery of who dun it? Who killed her uncle and why? Who is trying to kill her? Is she capable of filling her uncles shoes? Who ever heard of a witch without training, that knows nothing about magic. In a circus of paranormal creatures, who need her to survive, how can she protect them? They know more than she does! Can the ghost of her uncle and her familiar teach her? With all the chaos and mayhem, surprises abound! Will her magic and magical abilities be enough to ...more
Pete
May 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book managed to entertain me for its entire length. It is a fairly fast moving story which keeps the interest high and there are some great characters, including one who is actually dead!. It is also a mystery, and I have to admit that I didn't work out who 'dunnit' until the very end, there were a satisfying number of red-herrings thrown in.
It is also a story of how you can achieve anything, if you have the determination and the help of friends.
So a nice gentle, feel-good, interesting
Kitty_ranma
Magic and mayhem.
A great beginning for a series.
I can't wait for more of this, I want to say more about this story but I absolutely hate spoilers, so I won't go into details. I wish we could give half stars everywhere
Reasons I enjoyed this book:
Wonderful characters, Page-turner, Great world building, Unpredictable, Original, Easy-to-read, Entertaining, Action-packed, Funny, Whimsical.
Bookshelves/tags:
contemporary, fantasy, humorous, mystery, nonhuman, paranormal, series, weres, witch.

I received
Catherine Stratman
What a fun start to a new series!
I'll never look at a circus the same way again! This book was a really fun, quick to read. A good introduction to the characters. Witches, centaurs, sirens, ghosts, and more find a home in the paranormal circus. The newest ringmaster was never trained in her witch powers and now finds herself trying to run the show. And her familiar Samson the snarky cat really steals the show! Can't wait for the next book!

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am
Laurel
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After having an issue recently about a review that I did. I had been wondering if I was expecting too much from the author's of some of these Witchie cozy mysteries. Then I start reading this, humorous book, that was well written with the subject matter. The book had a plot, good characters, and a car with an attitude. What more could a reader want?

A shout out to author Donna Joy Usher, for starting me on these snarky books. This one has been the best. I am looking forward to reading more of
Theresa
4 Stars... This was a surprisingly fun read with all the elements I enjoy in my cozy mysteries... When a young inexperienced witch is forced to take over a magical circus and solve her uncle's murder things are bound to get a little crazy, right?... With a wonderful blend of humor and heart, this little gem was a fun, relaxing, and fully entertaining read that I enjoyed diving into... I look forward to reading more of the series and seeing what other secrets this magical circus holds.:)
Liza
Sep 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Charlotte has only been allowed to visit the family magical circus for one week per year since she turned 13. Suddenly her uncle, the ringmaster, is murdered and, at 30, she is chosen as the new ringmaster - with all the magic and responsibilities that that involves.

Everybody in the circus is paranormal, transforming between human and mythical creatures.

It's a fun book while she investigates the murder and tries to learn all the magic stuff that her father didn't let her study.
Kat Taylor
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Uniquely Extended Dysfunctional Family

Do you enjoy going to the fair?Could you even emaggen a fair made up of the the magical realm, now emaggen being unexpectedly put in charge of this magical midway. Through the talented writing of Leanne Leeds we are given the very chance to do that very thing. If you enjoy your cozey mysterys as well as paranormal you are in for a delightful read, Pick up a copy and start enjoying today. Kat
Beatrice Followill
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a fun fresh look at paranormal and witches. Charlette is a witch who grew up in the human world , she is allowed to travel to her uncle circus for one week every summer , the circus time travels to different areas .ONCE SHES BACK HOME SHE HAS TO GO BACK WHEN SHE FINDS OUT HER UNCLE HAS BEEN MURDERED AND SHE IS THE CHOSEN RINGMASTER, as she learns her new role she also plays sleuth to find out what happened to her uncle. look forward to reading more in this series .
Rhonda Jones
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pleasantly Surprised

Have not read this author before. Saw the book blurb and was intrigued. Thankfully the story and characters were awesome. I love that the setting is a paranormal circus. And the heroine is an untrained witch about to inherit immense power and responsibility. But she is down to Earth, likeable, and makes mistakes just like the rest of us. She also has good intuition and the ability to think outside the paranormal box. I am looking forward to binge reading this series.
Darcy Smith
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb!!!!!

This is my first book by Leanne Leeds and it was extremely good. I loved the humor and how well the characters are developed. It is full of drama, suspense, and mystery. It was well written and also has superb support characters. This story is unique in the story line and I love that about books. This is definitely worth reading and doesn't disappoint.
Debby Smith
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
So so story

The witchiest circus was rather scattered on the story and the characters plus the supposed villain was a bully & accidentally murdered the ringmaster really early in and then there's just miscellaneous things happening
Mary Heron
An ok read but did not find anything exciting in reading it, at no point did I wonder what was coming next and the whole book just seemed to be one long series of conversations. It is a first book so am going to give the sequel a try to see if it improves.
BarbaraH
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun New Story line. A Paranormal Circus with a new Witch as Ringmaster. Join in as she learns her new magical powers and must also solve a mystery
Hope there are More books on the way from this Author
Jennifer Wertz
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Witchiest Circus on Earth is such a fun book! It is a wonderful magical world. The paranormal circus is so interesting. I love the characters. There are many different magical characters in the circus with many different abilities. This book is engaging and well written. The plot is interesting and original. I highly recommend this book and I will be looking to read more of this series.
Roberta Amann
Jul 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Come one come all to the big top!

Really a different story line & very uniquely written! Enjoyed the cozy story very much! Lots of surprises & some very interesting characters bring the book to life!
Barbara
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A well-written, fun, mystery that I enjoyed reading I found myself smiling throughout the book. Looking forward to reading the next book. I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Dee
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED THIS NEW BOOK LOOK FORWARD TO MORE IN THE SERIES
Debbie
Jul 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun cozy paranormal mystery. A witch that is raised as a human, not only having to take over a magical circus, but having to find a killer that used magic.

• Broomsticks and Burials (Magic & Mystery, #1)
  • Midnight Magic (A Ghost & Abby Mystery, #1)
  • Enter the Witch (Witches of Whisper Grove Book 1)
  • Witchin' Impossible (Witchin' Impossible #1)
  • Destiny's a Witch (Wicked Good Mystery #1)
  • The Book Of Ill Deeds (Witches Of Castle Falls 1)
  • Secrets, Spells & Murder (Little Shop of Spells, #1)
  • Haunted And Hexed (Blackwood Bay Witches #1)
  • All Too Familiar (Accidental Familiar Book 1)
  • A Deadly Delivery (A Psychic Cafe Mystery, #1)
  • On A Witch and A Spell (Blackwood Bay Witches, #0.5)
  • The Case of the Love Spell (Hillcrest Witch Mystery #0)
  • The Wonkiest Witch (Wonky Inn, #1)
  • Meows, Magic & Murder (Lake Forest Witches #1)
  • Miz Scarlet and the Vanishing Visitor
  • A Little Bit Witchy (A Riddler's Edge Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Dream Stalker (Talented, #1)
  • Murder Above the Fold (Elder Witch Cozy Mystery #1)
Leanne Leeds writes sweet, fun, often romantic but always fast-paced paranormal cozy mysteries. She lives in rural Texas with her husband, daughter, and a house full of cats that would sound like Samson if they could talk.

You can also visit her at leanneleeds.com for free stories, to join her newsletter (and be notified of discount $1.99 early release pricing periods), or to find Leanne on your

Magical Midway (8 books)
  • Life on the Lion (Magical Midway, #2)
  • Unbearable Magic (Magical Midway, #3)
  • Go for the Juggler (Magical Midway, #4)
  • Irrelephant Omens (Magical Midway, #5)
  • A Call to Charms (Magical Midway, #6)
  • Hole Lotta Magic (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 7)
  • When Curse Comes to Love (Magical Midway Paranormal Cozy Mysteries Book 8)
“I’d never been good at meditation. My mind raced in a thousand directions all the time, and the one meditation class I took in college was an abject failure. There were just too many thoughts, observations, and distractions bouncing around inside my head for me to push them all out.” 0 likes