Start by marking “Hitched: The Bachelorette” as Want to Read:
Hitched: The Bachelorette

Hitched: The Bachelorette

(Hitched #1)

One innocent human girl. Twenty-five supernatural bachelors. Six weeks to choose the one.

When struggling actress Kimmie-Jayne Starr discovers she’s snagged the starring role on the next huge reality TV show, Hitched, she thinks all her dreams have finally come true. But as soon as she lands on the beautiful island of Mystic Cove, something feels wrong.

Sure, the twenty-fiv
Published March 19th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Hitched, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitched

Mary Ellen
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars, rounded up to 5, after that ending and my desperate need to read the next book.
This story was a cross between the Bachlorette and the Selection with a paranormal twist. I had a lot of fun reading this book, and as it went on more questions started to arise. Esp. the more danger Kimmie Jayne was in. (I am interested to see who and why they are after Kimmie)

I also had fun trying to guess who and what each paranormal being was... and I was quite proud of myself for figuing out several a
G.K. DeRosa
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait for you guys to read my newest series! A must read for fans of reality TV show The Bachelorette with a BIG supernatural twist.
Danica Dawn
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute premise and reminded me of The Selection. The supernaturals were a surprise and I wish we had a little more before the book ended. I am glad this is a consecutive release, bc that cliffhanger was shocking!

Some things I found a little weird: There is a lack of diversity, the "mexicans" in the beginning of the book were very stereotypical, and while the guys have purple eye or hair, there is one latin man. I also found there were variations of this sentence repeated every fe
Katy Goodwin
I’m in love. 😍 This book is a wild ride in the best way.

Kimmie-Jayne is such fun. This book is fun. I just had the best time reading it! The bachelors were pretty cool too. I can’t wait to read the next one and get to know them a little more.

The plot was fast-paced and intriguing. The twists caught me by surprise at times! I will say I was pleasantly surprised at the supernatural twists as well... it’s not just your typical supernatural creatures.

Honestly I’m just really happy to have read th
J.N. Colon
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had so much fun reading Hitched! It’s paranormal romance mixed with fantasy all wrapped up in a juicy mystery. Kimmie-Jayne’s dream is to become an actress, but when she lands the starring role on a dating show, her world is turned upside down. I couldn’t get enough of the sizzling bachelors who are each keeping a very big, possibly dangerous secret. Hitched is not your typical dating show… And someone is trying to sabotage it any way they can.

I’m dying for the next book. I can’t wait to see w
Joanne Hampton
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Superb writing from this author but I really like an ending on a book. Characters are well thought out and outstanding qualities. Storytelling is page turning and rambunctious happenings. To pick out a husband from 25 entries, whee. Good reading and now in to the next book.
Loegan Anderson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I was hesitant at first, it didn’t really seem like my cup of tea, but I pushed on and quickly became engrossed! It made me think of “The Selection” with a paranormal twist! I cannot wait to read the following books! Definitely leaves you with a cliffhanger!
Debbie Eyre
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG 😲 this is fantastic! Hooked from the start I loved Kimmi-jayne and her journey. It was fast paced and fun and i Ioved the twists and turns including the supernatural ones! A great plot and I am excited to see where this next book takes us!
Marilyn
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I’m dying!! I need book 2! I love the story and the characters and the mystery! I also love that Kimmie’s car is named Marilyn lol So so good!
Ashleigh
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
OBSESSED!!!

Totally OBSESSED!!! April 2nd can not come fast enough.

I don’t even know where to begin. The story line is so much more than I had originally thought it would be. I loved trying to figure out what the guys were and how it was going to play into the rest of the series. The language used and the different tonal accents and nuances of the characters is beautiful and hypnotizing.

I would highly recommend this book to readers with a soft spot for paranormals- because yes!

Just don’t read
Topsues
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really, really, want to be Kimmie-Jayne right now !! G.K.Derosa has moved us into the world of Game Showing, starting with a brood of fantastically handsome men. Each one has a secret dying to come out. I think it is obvious from the moment the men appeared that this was no normal show, and this is what kept me firmly adhered to its pages. Once again this author transports you away from reality and entertains you completely with a creative storyline that gives you mystery, magic, danger and su ...more
Ashley
Mar 11, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this e-book for my honest review.

I found this story very intriguing. It reminds me of the Bachelor/Bachelorette with a supernatural spin. My main issue I had was with the character being named Kimmie-Jayne and family named Becky-Sue and Jimmy and an ex named Bobby. I know she is meant to sound like she is an innocent girl from the middle of nowhere but when I think of Missouri, I do not think of that. She is only an hour from St. Louis but she hasn't really seen much, which is not tha
Brittany Smith
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kimmie-Jayne is an aspiring actress who lands the leading role for the next big reality show. ”Hitched” is the newest reality show that puts Kimmie Jayne in a competition where she starts dating 25 super-hot men. She’s having a great time up until freak “accidents” start happening-there is something going on but she can’t quite put her finger on it.

This book is very much modelled on the Bachelor/Bachelorette reality show. It’s a fun storyline and lots of action going on. I will admit that I didn
Annalee P
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read this author and I was impressed.

I found the storyline very original and it intrigued me from the start. I thought that the main character was likable and still innocent and naive in some ways, which was endearing. You can't help but like her and root for her to get her big break and succeed.
Then she is chosen and appears to have gotten her break. She is then taken away to start filming and we meet an amazing array of men and other characters that you just can't
 Elektra | My Trending Books
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2019
I mean love this authors books she just transport the reader into the supernatural world with delicately. In this book we see a straggling actress accepting the role to be on a Bachelorette style TV show. I am not saying too much I don't want to ruin the plot. First of all two things I love the most are : romance books and trashy TV shows.
This book combined the took epically not only that but the TV show aspect was not trashy but elegant. Don't you worry drama Queens there was plenty drama that
J.C.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! No, amazing is not good enough to describe this book! It's one of those books that you want to finish quickly but at the same time you never want it to end. If 26 hot love interests doesn't get you going nothing will! I liked so many of the guys I can't even decide who I like Kimmie with the best, and I am longing to get my hands on the next book.

The only thing I didn't like about this incredible book was Kimmie-Jayne didn't feel like she was someone who would ever want to
T.L. McDonald
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hitched is the latest in a long line of books I’ve already read by the talented G.K. Derosa, and like all the others, it did not disappoint.

Kimmie is just your average girl trying to make it in the showbiz world, so when she lands the bachelorette role in a new dating show, she’s thrilled. But it’s definitely not your average show, or your average group of bachelors and someone wants Kimmie out…permanently. The idea of a supernatural dating show kept me intrigued and my eyes glued to the pages
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a wonderfully addicting read. It's hard to put down. One, because it gives you a glimpse into what an actual reality show of this nature would be like and two it's all supernatural hotness. I think some of the guys are actually there to find a mate and some have me puzzled. I found myself trying to guess the nature of each guy right along with Kimmie-Jayne and was equally as surprised as her on some. I love Kimmie-Jayne. Her character as well as some of the guys draws you that much more ...more
Lisa Maher
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Kimmie-Jayne Starr thought she was auditioning for your typical reality television role where she could possibly find true love among twenty-five eligible bachelors. that was not what she found and the stakes are higher than she thought. I love how innocent and naive Kimmie-Jayne is in the beginning. The author does an amazing job of developing her character from a wannabe actress into this strong and amazing character by the end of the book. Each obstacle she faces makes her stronger and she is ...more
Georgia
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I received a free copy for an honest review. As much as I love the author, this one wasn't my cup of tea. It felt too reverse harem-y at times. I cannot for the life of me connect with the main character. The best thing about this book is trying to figure out who is messing with the show and its' contestants. Without the whole soulmate factor the love-at-first-sight thing irks me, especially when the person they're competing for, Kimmie, doesn't have any qualities that make her stand out in that ...more
Donna
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hitched: The Bachelorette is the first book in a new series. I found the storyline unique and the world building and character development to be very well done, exceptional in fact. The MC Kimmi-Jayne (odd name) wants to be an actress. She auditions for the reality show Bachelorette and gets the part. From this point on G.K. DeRosa takes you on an amazing journey with suspense, intrigue, emotions, twists/turns, and some action. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and highly recommend it. Hopefully bo ...more
Jesse Presgraves
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book! Ive always enjoyed reality shows like Big Brother and The Bachelor and this book didnt disappoint. I liked very much that you can really find yourself relating to the main character. The special twist isnt revealed to the reader until she finds out and with so many men beginning the show, its hard to really pinpoint a favorite (*cough* Cillian *cough*). Later on, as more and more mystery adds up, I couldnt put the book down because I wanted to know, no HAD to know mo ...more
Wendi Wilson
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved it!
I decided to "start" this book today, and I was hooked from the first page. I finished the whole thing and was left wanting more. Kimmie is a great character with realistic reactions to the out of this world things that happen to her. I really loved her.
The storyline has everything- small town good girl in the big city, trying to realize her dreams, a too good to be true opportunity, amazing world building, and the guys... THE GUYS! Swoon.
I can't wait to dig into book 2, be
Lisa Lyle
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a totally hit with me who doesn't like the idea of dating 25 hot guys little does Kimmie know theres a big twist there all supernatural. Poor Kimmie isn't have much luck what with here near death skydive date that when terribly wrong. She seem to be drawn to each of them in different ways now she knows the truth who will she choose. I personal love Cullen and the twins cough cough 😂 loved this book cant wait to read the next one and see what happens next talk about leaving it on a ...more
Sarah Reed
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
If you have ever watched "The Bachelorette" on tv, or any sort of reality tv, then you are going to enjoy this book. The book really picks up after Kimmi Jayne's audition. Her tumultuous journey is entertaining, and sucks you in the minute she steps foot on The Bachelorette's filming location. All sorts of surprises await her, as well as some danger. Ms. DeRosa's characters are refreshing and entertaining. I am curious to know what happens next, and will definitely be reading book 2 of Hitched!
Michelle
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've never quite read a book like this and it's was brilliant. Kimmie wins a roll on a supernatural bachelorette show that turns out to be more than she could have ever imagined. The contestants aren't only supernatural beings, but they each seem to have higher connections than that. As they gameshow begins, she thinks it's going to be a fun way to dip her toe into hollywood. She didn't count on someone trying to harm her or the bachelors being non-human.

It's a brilliantly fun story with an eas
Taylor Heath
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am a big fan of The Bachelor & Bachelorette so there was no way I wasn’t going to read Hitched. And I’m so glad I did! It was impossible to put down and reminded me a lot of The Selection. I absolutely loved Kimmie-Jayne and the banter between the characters. I would 100% reccommend Hitched!

I received an ARC copy in exchange for an honest review.
Crystal
Apr 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Bachelorette with a paranormal twist. I was a bit leary reading this as I have never seen much of the Bachelor/ette and didn't enjoy what I did see. Kimmie-Jayne is a waitress wanting more from her life. She gets a chance to be a star and find love. There are strange accidents happening and she needs to figure out what is going on.
Betina Clark
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I loved this book!!! I enjoyed the Reality TV show feel plus The Who dunnit plotline... I hated the cliffhanger part only because I HAVE to wait to read the next book lol. The characters are well written and just like a TV show you learn a little more about each as you read along.. what a fresh exciting concept for a series.
Jacquie Stewart
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was super cute. A dating show mixed with supernaturals. The MC doesn't know that they exist for the majority of the book but the reveal is handled well and realistically. I think that the series has a lot of promise
« previous 1 3 4 next »
G.K. De Rosa has been an avid reader from a very young age. In fact, before she could even read, she tried fooling everyone into thinking that she could. At the precocious age of two, while living in Italy, she had memorized an entire children’s book in Italian and expertly turned the pages at the exact right moments of the story. As she grew up, she always enjoyed literature, no doubt having been ...more

Hitched (3 books)