Start by marking “Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)” as Want to Read:
Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)

Praying for Rain

(The Rain Trilogy #1)

“None of this matters, and we’re all going to die.”

With only three days left until the predicted apocalypse, the small town of Franklin Springs, Georgia, has become a wasteland of abandoned cars, abandoned homes, abandoned businesses, and abandoned people. People like Rainbow Williams.

Rain isn’t afraid of dying. In fact, she’s looking forward to it. If she can just outrun
Published April 11th 2019 by Art by Easton

To ask other readers questions about Praying for Rain, please sign up.
Kaeleigh Yes, it can. It'll leave you wanting to read the rest of the series, but it can be read as a stand-alone.
Jen I wouldn't call it dystopian. It's more of an apocalypse book taking place in the regular world. The romance is threaded through the book and there is…moreI wouldn't call it dystopian. It's more of an apocalypse book taking place in the regular world. The romance is threaded through the book and there is some mystery too. I really liked the main characters and I can't wait for the next book! (granted I'm a huge fan of apocalypse books)(less)

Start your review of Praying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Apr 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-m-intrigued
4.25 end of the world’s diminishing stars!
This book is a quite surprise and hidden gem! An apocalyptic dystopian romance is never my first choice as a genre but B B Easton really shook me up and created a real emotional turmoil with full of action and unconventional badass characters.
First book of the trilogy is smartly written, capturing with twists , captivating, a real page-turner.
I loved Rain, she is tormented soul, more vulnerable, fragile heroine with good heart. She only wants to help so
T.M. Frazier
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had the HONOR of reading this a couple of days ago. It is easily in the top 5 books I've EVER read. Wes and Rain are everything. For me to remember a book, it really means something. Since reading Praying for Rain I've recalled every word and every single detail. It's unique, sexy, wonderfully written, and the best start to a series I can recall. BB Easton is a masterful storyteller at her very best with Praying for Rain. It's a story I'll remember always and reread often. WES AND RAIN 4 EVA E ...more
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying, in all my long life as a reader, I've never touched this particular genre.
I DON'T like Pnr/Dystopian/Fantasy/Shifter books ....EVER !!
I stay far away from them for the simple reason that I can't understand or identify with their setting, plot, dialogues, lingo, etc.
Shit I’m Never Going to Think About Again Because None of This Matters and We’re All Going to Die Anyways
So WHY did I pick this book to read?
Because I blindly trust the author for her narration skills. She
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS

I’ve finally found what I’ve been missing my whole life, and if I keep it, it will kill me.
No wonder Rain was wearing a black hoodie when I met her.
She’s the fifth fucking horseman of the apocalypse.

Have you ever read a book where the story unravels like a movie reel before your eyes? Because the entire time I was reading Praying For Rain, I could have sworn that I was inside of it. The world building, the mystery, the characters, the totally riveting story line all combined
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wes was my only hope. My only shot at life after April 23. Without him, my hours are numbered. Without him, I don't want the ones I have left. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

'PRAYING FOR RAIN' is the first Dystopian book in new to me author B.B. Easton's 'Praying for Rain ' Trilogy.

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS Image and video hosting by TinyPic The apocalypse is coming April 23th..They only have 3 days left before the world they know ends...Those on the planet for almost a year have all
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
What would you do if you found out the exact date that the world would end? Would you live every day as if it were your last? Would you gather those you loved closer, wringing out every drop of love and happiness you could? Or would you just languish your days, waiting for the inevitable end?

Rainbow, just like everyone else in the world, knew that doomsday was coming. And she couldn't wait! She was tired of living in pain and misery and if she could just make it to that day, then it would all be
Arini
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
#1 Praying for Rain — 4.5 Stars
#2 Fighting for Rain — 4 Stars
#3 Dying for Rain — 4.5 Stars

If anyone can make you fall in love in three days, it’s Wes Parker. And it must be under the circumstances that the world is about to end and you’re kind of crazy and impulsive and has a penchant for avoiding reality by gulping down painkillers bcs that’s exactly how Rainbow Williams is.

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

Maybe, one day, being treated like I matter won’t hurt so goddamn much, but I hope not. I hope it guts me every time, forever, as a reminder that this girl is a fucking miracle.

First off, can I just say how much I absolutely love the cover of this book? I was in full on cover-lust when I first saw it. Now, I am truly a big fan of B.B. Easton, but I did wonder if her writing was going to be as phenomenal as it had been with her ”44 Chapter” s
Melanie (mells_view)
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
𝕀’𝕧𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀’𝕧𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕞𝕚𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕞𝕪 𝕨𝕙𝕠𝕝𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕚𝕗 𝕀 𝕜𝕖𝕖𝕡 𝕚𝕥, 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕜𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕞𝕖.

BB Easton ruined my life with Praying for Rain [COMING April 11th] because now I’m hooked and nothing else even sounds remotely interesting. Rain and Wes are... *sigh*... I mean I knew I would enjoy this book, because BB’s writing is always top notch and I live for (and am terrified by) an apocalypse of any sort, but I didn’t expect to LOVE it quite so much. The mood is dreary, I mean the apocalypse IS loo
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
5 Apocalyptic Stars

This can pretty much sum up what this book was about:
" I should be in college right now. I should be working part-time at some shitty diner and getting an apartment with Carter and adopting a cat and naming it Blurryface. But, instead, I’m standing outside of Buck’s Hardware, holding a gun and guarding a stranger’s dirt bike while he sneaks inside to steal a metal detector so that we can find a hidden bomb shelter to live in because the four horsemen of the apocalypse are
XxTainaxX Curvy and Nerdy
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This story was everything I didn’t know I was missing. It has the whole package from action, to grief, to laughter, to love and everything in between. It peaked my interest right away with the compelling blurb and it kept my interest with a plot that was well thought out and different from what I’m used to reading. I’m an avid reader, and as such, I tend to see a lot of the same formulas. This book totally forges it’s own path. I loved it and felt it was refreshing.

”I devour that smile. I ch
Melanie A.
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 STARS!
Love and survival are mutually exclusive in my world.
Lots to recommend here, especially if you're into apocalypses.... or is it apocalypti? Just kidding! It was good.

Plot: Rain and Wes meet each other with only three days left until the end of the world. They each have a very different goal in mind; he's looking to survive and she's looking forward to the end. Despite their differences, they stick it out together.

Now you might be asking how they know the exact date . . . but
NMmomof4
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: I liked this! I'm drawn to apocalyptic romances for some reason. I think it falls in line with any book where there is survival on the line. This is a new author for me and I am impressed so far! I usually struggle when books go into too much depth about the back story before getting to the good stuff. I appreciated that it wasn't weighed down with back story but that the important information just came out when necessary and by doing this, it kept an air of mystery abou
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by Social Butterfly PR)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rainbow Williams aka Rain is a 19 yr. old girl who lives in Franklin Springs, Georgia. Lately life is pretty grim for Rain. The town she lives in has become a wasteland filled with abandoned homes, streets, and businesses. Everyone believes they are three days away from the apocalypse, and have accepted the world is going to end on April 23rd. People are either mad, sad, scared, numb, or desperate. They are convinced the end is near, and what’s co
SHIRLEY ♡
Dec 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, books-to-buy
This is my first book by this author and I made the right decision by choosing this book as my first. I’ve never read an apocalyptic romance before, and I was really excited to read this book.

This book was really entertaining; I enjoyed every minute of it. The characters are really interesting; While Rain couldn’t wait for the world to end, Wes was trying to do anything to survive it. It was really good to see how these characters got together; Even though everything happens in three days, and
warhawke
Genre: Dystopian Romance
Type: Book 1 of 3 from Praying for Rain Trilogy
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

As the end of it all creeping closer, the world fell into chaos. Some gave up on hope, while some would do anything to survive. Rainbow (Rain) Williams and Wesson (Wes) Parker stood at the opposite end of the spectrums. But with only each other to rely on, they’d have to figure out how to live.

I’m attracted to the boy in him and scared of the man in him, and I’m pretty sure I’d take a bull
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
DNF-57%
This one just wasn't for me and I tried to keep pushing through, I did manage to get to just over the halfway mark but then decided to stop as I just wasn't enjoying this at all.
I think this might be more a case of its not you it's me.
It is actually hard to pinpoint where this actually went wrong for me firstly I think it wasn't quite what I was expecting.
I was anticipating something more dystopian than what we were given.
This focused more on the dynamic between Rain and Wes than the fact
♂️Must Have Book Boyfriends ♂️
"I've finally found what I've been missing my whole life, and if I keep it, it will kill me."

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! WES IS MY NEW FAVE BOOK BOYFRIEND and after reading this book I want to be BB's side piece...

THIS!!!! THIS IS THE KIND OF BOOK THAT MAKES ME FALL IN LOVE WITH THE BOOK WORLD.
ALL.
OVER.
AGAIN.
I just finished PRAYING FOR RAIN and now I ask myself, what the fuck did I just read and how the hell am I going to wait until fall for book 2?! 😱😭🙌🏼🔥

BB Easton wtf have you done to me?! YES I'M YELLI
Amo Jones
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Praying for Rain was. Well, it hit me upside the head and didn’t give a fuck about my FEELINGS! My damn feelings BB. Why don’t you care? Love me.

This book was incredible. The flawless story-telling. The smooth prose. The poetic one-lines. It all contributed to me one-clicking ALL of BB Easton's backlog.

I have to admit, I went into this book as a “I have never read an apocalyptic book” reader. So I didn’t know what to expect. But let me tell you, this book knocked me on my ass seven ways into A
Jessica
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angsty-romances
Honestly, the only reason I read this book is because I read my first BB Easton book last month and loved it. When I saw this book, I didn't even look at this synopsis. I went in blind and was BLOWN AWAY.

In three days, the world is going to end. Rain is biding her time at home, trying to get through each day until the end. Until Wes Parker falls into her life. Wes knows he's going to survive the end of the world. But when he runs into Rain, all of his survival plans find themselves changing...

I
Roobie
⭐️3.5 stars⭐️

"What could you possibly prioritize over surviving?"

"Living."
Curlyhairlass19
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
I needed this book as a kick in my ass to remind me how freakin amazing BB Easton is, and that I need to read her other books. I read 44 chapters, and got sidetracked, but Praying For Rain, this masterpiece totally put everything in perspective for me, and I will make this error right.

This was my first Apocalyptic romance ever, and I’m so glad that BB got the honors, and popped my Book cherry. This totally blew me away! The complexity in the way she wrote these characters, and this whole state
Whitney
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romanceopoly2020

This book was taking the romance community by storm towards the end of 2019. The description was enough to capture my attention. A pre-apocalyptic story about two people who are trying to survive their doomed fates on April 23rd. Yes, please! I haven't read a book by BB Easton but this one was full of promising goodness.

Praying For Rain Quote

April 23rd is when the world was suppose to end. Everyone has their own ways of dealing with their upcoming fates - ignoring the law, running away, or trying to surv
Heather
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!

This is one of my favorite books I have read this year!!! A year ago everyone started having apocolyptic nightmares with a specific date. There are 3 days left. The world has slowly went to hell but Rain meets Wes at the most interesting time. At first, they need each other and then they begin to fall for each other. I thought it was very cool to read a romance set in the last days. This book has possibly my favorite sex scene EVER, and I've read a lot of books, because...(
Kim
3.5 stars. And I need the next book.
Grace
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

Dystopian romances are something new to me, but I'm not sure why. As an occasional reader of the fantasy genre, I liked having my imagination tested. This genre offers a smaller test, with some scenarios on the fantasy side, but it is minus the world building, crazy character glossary, and words you can't pronounce.

This story centers on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, but not in the way you'd expect. These horsemen come thru in dreams. Everyone's dreams. And those dreams all featur
Candace Robinson
I’ve missed a good dystopian book and this one was really awesome!

I liked Rain and Wes a lot! As the book progressed, I really felt for them. And their swoony moments were on fire! The only con was the pill popping that Rain did so often, but I get the reasoning.

The writing was so good here, as was the dialogue! Character driven stories are definitely my fave! There was romance, emotion, twists, and originality!
Bee
4 STARS

I'm calling the police!

Why am I calling the police, you ask? Well, because B. B. Easton made me love a book that had insta-love in it. Actually, scratch that. She made me love a book that was insta-love.

And if you're anything like me, I ask you NOT to run away yet! Because this book was fucking awesome! Oh man, I know this is short (kindle version about 219 pages), but I absolutely flew through it. Absolutely gobbled this shit up!

What initially made me not DNF this were the characters. TH
Bookgasms Book Blog
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
I have been a big fan of BB Easton since 44 Chapters About 4 Men and was so excited to jump into Praying For Rain when I read the blurb. I love dystopian stories with a passion and could not read this story fast enough. Praying For Rain was sexy and fast paced and full of crazy surprises. I thought this story was intriguing and mysterious and was hooked right away!

With the end of the world days away, Rainbow "Rain" Williams has no idea that meeting Wes Parker would change her life (or the days r

• Credence
  • Dear Ava
  • The Guy on the Right (The Underdogs, #1)
  • Fake It 'Til You Break It
  • The Hunter (Boston Belles, #1)
  • Angry God (All Saints High, #3)
  • Undeniable (Cloverleigh Farms, #2)
  • Release
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
  • Enemies
  • Parallel (Parallel, #1)
  • Twisted Marriage (Filthy Vows, #2)
  • Greed
  • Pretty Scars
  • The Unlucky Ones
  • The Fall of Troy (The Odyssey Duet, #1)
  • The Man I Can't Have (Ward Duet, #1)
  • Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)
BB Easton lives in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia, with her long-suffering husband, Ken, and two adorable children. She recently quit her job as a school psychologist to write books about her punk rock past and deviant sexual history full-time. Ken is suuuper excited about that.

BB’s memoir, 44 Chapters About 4 Men, and the spin-off 44 Chapters novels are being adapted into a steamy, female-center

The Rain Trilogy (3 books)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)

News & Interviews

“The way I see it, if I can survive the fucking apocalypse, then it makes everything I’ve been through mean something, you know? Like, instead of breaking me … they made me unbreakable.” 1 likes