Start by marking “My Favorite Things: A Christmas Collection” as Want to Read:
My Favorite Things: A Christmas Collection

My Favorite Things: A Christmas Collection

Three classic tales of Christmas and love, together for the first time, from New York Times Bestselling Author Lynsay Sands!

Published October 29th 2019 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about My Favorite Things, please sign up.
MorpheusZzz It isn't listed on the library's website where I downloaded it, but listening to the narrator, I believe she said her name is Justine Ayre (sp?).…moreIt isn't listed on the library's website where I downloaded it, but listening to the narrator, I believe she said her name is Justine Ayre (sp?).(less)

Start your review of My Favorite Things: A Christmas Collection
Lisa (Remarkablylisa)
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: december-2019
Honestly---not my faves and it was a mess for the last two stories. Too rushed or didn't make sense. I think one of the stories actually had a man go like "I can't marry her because she doesn't come with a dowry" and only runs after her when her illegitimate father goes "you can have it if you truly love her." Which is???? I was distressed. I need him to just give up the money, find another way to save his town, and marry the woman he loves??? ...more
Blodeuedd Finland
All I want
This one was funny. Prudence is trying to get her father to stop gambling (not funny, that man needs help), but what is funny are her antics trying to get into his club and the chaos she creates. The owner has no idea what he is in for

And then fall in love and her dad is saved

3 French Hens
Brianne, a scullery maid, looks just like Lady Joan. So she goes along pretending to be Joan so that Joan can think of a plan to get out of a marriage. No surprise, Joanne falls for the hubbie to be a
Susan
All I Want

With Lady Prudence’s father gambling away the family’s savings, all she wants for Christmas is to haul him away from London’s most notorious gaming hell. Yet the wickedly handsome proprietor, Lord Stockton, refuses to let a lady enter his establishment. Now Pru needs a Christmas miracle to make her wish come true—and to resist succumbing to Stockton’s charms.

Good story. Pru's father is drowning his grief over his son's death in alcohol and gambling, to the point where the bill collecto
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Romance is in the air this Christmas!

All I Want

Prudence and Stephen are such a fun couple to watch! Their tale is the perfect start to this collection. Prudence has so many outlandish schemes and plots to try and stop her father from gambling, and they all go hilariously wrong. While Prudence has good intentions, chaos always seems to follow her. I never knew what she was going to try next. Prudence certainly keeps Stephen on his toes, and I found myself laughing throughout their story.

Despite h
Eden
Dec 30, 2019 rated it it was ok
2019 bk 427. I have never been disappointed by Lynsay Sands before, but this collection, well, it couldn't hold my interest. I'm not sure if it was myself or the book and I sincerely hope that other folks did enjoy it. I didn't. Not a keeper. ...more
Elley Murray
Just couldn't get into this one, abandoned. Note to self: maybe try again another time. ...more
Mephala
I was pleasantly surprised by this bundle; the stories were not overly long, but still engaging and quite entertaining. It was my first time reading Lynsay Sands’s book and I’m thoroughly enjoyed her light and smooth prose.

I enjoyed reading all three novellas, but if I had to choose the least engaging for me, it’d be the last one - Three French Hens . I just couldn’t fully connect to the characters or the plot.

My favorite was definitely The Fairy Godmother , even though I didn’t expect a
Romance
Sissy's Romance Book Review
My Favorite Things by Lynsay Sands is A Christmas Collection with 3 books and totaling about 384 pages. This box set has Ms. Sands Christmas themed historical Romances that are sold separately but with this set can be found together. Ms. Sands is all time favorite author of mine and I can highly recommend her books. Ms. Sands takes you into her stories that bring you through the characters emotions. The books that you are getting are as follows:

With Lady Prudence’s father gambling away
Lexi
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it

Three historical romance novellas to get you in the holiday spirit! ⁣

All I Want- Lady Prudence’s father has spent their family’s fortune gambling and drinking. All her mother wants for Christmas is for him to stop. Pry decides to take things into her own hands but the wickedly handsome club owner, Lord Stockton, refuses to let a lady enter his establishment. Pry will need a miracle to make her wish come true. ⁣

Three French Hens - Brinna lives her life as a scullery maid, but when Lady Joan vis
Sandy Frediani
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved all three stories. Characters engaging and storylines flowed nicely. I do love some humor with my romance and these delivered both. I laughed and chuckled all the way through. A couple of quibbles, though -

All I Want - mentions of a horse emetic. An emetic is something that induces nausea and vomiting. Horse cannot vomit. What goes in one end, must come out the other.

The Fairy Godmother - it's retch, not wretch. I don't know how many times I catch this error in so many books. Retch is a ve
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
All I Want:
Enjoyed, loved Prudence's actions
The chemistry between Lord Stockton and Prudence was great. This was more of a comedy romance.

Three French Hens:
Good story, but you get the feeling you've read this story before.
I do like the ending, but I did get a little worried for Brinna for a while there.

The Fairy Godmother:
Wow, what a whirlwind! That was a crazy story. I started to figure things out right before Odel thought she had-she hadn't though.
I did enjoy this story.

Overall, I enjoyed all
Karen Griffin
Dec 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved every moment.

You can't go wrong with L. Sands. Her books are always a pleasure. This collection was excellent. Truly sprung from Christmas magic. The stories make me laugh out loud and forget my cares and woes. These are beautiful fairy tales of love and magic. She can spin a tale like no one else, and she's so outrageous that she just makes me cackle right out loud as I picture the predicament she portrays. A true talent to combine love and humor for an uproarious good time. Full of holid
Linda
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three enjoyable short stories. All I Want is about a young woman trying to fulfill her mother’s Christmas wish of getting her husband to stop drinking and gambling before the family ends up in debtor’s prison. Three French Hens is about a kitchen maid changing places with a lady of society who does not want to marry the man chosen by her family. The Fairy Godmother is about a young lady’s deceased godmother who comes back as an angel-in-training and helps her find a suitable husband.
Lys Reads
Dec 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Story 1: All I Want - 4 stars
Story 2: Three French Hens - 3 stars
Story 3: The Fairy Godmother - 4 stars

I think this collection is worth picking up if you are looking a short story regency romance collection. Even though these stories are set over Christmas, it wasn't overly Christmas-y. But I've heard that in that era they didn't celebrate the holidays like we do now a days, so that might be why.
Amanda
Dec 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2020
This was OK for me. I struggled with the pacing of the stories: they moved so slow in the beginning and then all of the sudden were rushed to an ending. I had a hard time connecting with the first two stories, but really enjoyed the third one.
Becky Schwartz
Jan 08, 2021 rated it really liked it
Lynsay Sands always does me right. All three stories were great. The first was funny and both characters were likable. The second had some secret keeping- not ideal. The third had magic, which was absurd but fun. I’d read it again probably. Don’t love the novella style, otherwise I loved it.
Patricia West
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed these stories. They're funny as hell. And, I love regency Christmas romances. I definitely recommend the book. ...more
Donna Was A Scandal
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three lovely novellas I enjoyed very much. Kept it in my purse and read from it while attending appointments and running errands - probably hand sold a few copies while waiting in lines!
Jennie
Nov 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the first story but the next two stories not much. I am not a fan of stories in the 1300's and 1400's. ...more
Debbie Dodd
Dec 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading.
Jill
Dec 13, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a set of three short stories set during different eras in Britain. I liked the last one the best. It's a nice holiday read. ...more
Virginia
Dec 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was perfect right before Christmas! I only wish there were more to the characters' stories. ...more
Kate
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection of novellas has made me a fan of Lynsay Sands! Very cute and Christmasy, and the third story even has some magic!
Jen Pezzotti
Dec 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute short stories
Charity Cunningham
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
My Favourite Things: A Christmas Collection by Lynsay Sands was a Light, Enjoyable, Humorous Read!
Michelle the Romance Witch
loved all three of these interesting short holiday historical novellas in one fun anthology. one of my favorite authors hits the bulls-eye again.
Cindy Cowan
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love everything Lynsay Sands writes.
Gussy
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
It is three novellas in one collection: All I Want, Three French Hens and Fairy Godmother. Sweet and cute holiday stories.
Kalava
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
An entertaining quick read.

• How the Dukes Stole Christmas
  • Seduction on a Snowy Night
  • My Last Duchess (The Wildes of Lindow Castle, #0.5)
  • The Bachelor (Duke Dynasty, #2)
  • The Heiress Hunt (The Fifth Avenue Rebels, #1)
  • Lord Holt Takes a Bride (The Mating Habits of Scoundrels, #1)
  • Beauty Tempts the Beast (Sins for All Seasons, #6)
  • The Duke Effect (The Rogue Files, #7)
  • Devastated (Anger Management, #1)
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • Fated (Dark Protectors, #1)
  • The Virgin and the Rogue (The Rogue Files, #6)
  • Highland Betrayal (The Sons of Gregor MacLeod, #3)
  • The Skeleton in the Closet (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries, #2)
  • Forever and a Duke (Rogues to Riches, #3)
  • The Raid (Ryan Decker #2)
  • The Duke's Stolen Bride (The Rogue Files, #5)
  • Witch It Real Good (Witchless in Seattle #10)
LYNSAY SANDS is the nationally bestselling author who is known for her hysterical historicals as well as the popular Argeneau/Rogue Hunter vampire series. With her witty and charming personality, Sands describes books as, “Waking dreams or stories, tales to amuse, entertain and distract us from everyday life.” She’s been writing stories since grade school and considers herself incredibly lucky to ...more

News & Interviews