Start by marking “Shout Out” as Want to Read:
Shout Out

Shout Out

Join us on the adventures of young demon hunters, star-crossed Viking lovers, and cyberpunk street artists as we invite you into new worlds where brave heroes with diverse queer identities demonstrate the strength of their hearts and the power of their dreams!

Inside this book you’ll find eighteen LGBTQ2SIA+ stories crafted by award-winning international creators. Find your
Published May 1st 2019 by TO Comix Press

To ask other readers questions about Shout Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shout Out

Start your review of Shout Out
destiny ♡⚔♡ [howling libraries]
What a fantastic collection of short stories! I adore positive queer rep in books, especially happy queer rep written by queer authors, so I jumped at the chance to read this anthology and I adored every moment of it. There are so many talented creators involved in the making of Shout Out, and so many lovable stories within it. I won't go into detail of every single story, but I would like to name off my favorites:

Amaranthine
In the introductory story, a garden spirit receives an
The Candid Cover (Olivia & Lori)
Full Review on The Candid Cover

Shout Out is an anthology unlike any other that I have read before. This graphic novel is diverse and full of interesting stories. If you are a fan of the genre, this is one book to check out!

I haven’t read that many graphic novels, but this book is something that really piqued my interest when I first heard about it. The concept is so fantastic and the amount of thought that has gone into its design is absolutely phenomenal. There is something for everyone to
Maia
Jun 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: comics, lgbtq
I was very impressed by this collection of LGBTQ genre stories. Some standouts include one in which a teenage boy summons a demon to help him decide if he is gay; one of a Viking being reunited with his lover in Valhalla after a heroic death; one about an asexual and aromantic necromancer; one about rival food delivery service people (so much more at stake when you are racing against your ex); one about a nonbinary dentist to magical creatures who befriends a werewolf; and one about queer ...more
The Sapphic Nerd
May 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oftentimes with anthologies, you never know what you’re going to get – a mix of creators means a mix of quality, right? Not so withShout Out. Not only is there plenty of representation from all over the sex and gender spectrums, they’regood stories that show various cultures, time periods, alternate universes, fantasy worlds, relationship types and situations. These are stories young queer people can read and see themselves reflected in. Shout Out strives to inspire and bring hope and enjoyment ...more
Katy
I almost enjoyed the author bios as much as the stories themselves, because such a wonderfully interesting and diverse mix of humans brought this anthology into existence. SUCH a great selection of stories, most are very very short and come across as just punchy, bright queer little moments. It's a bit cutesy but I loved that, personally. A couple stories were misses for me but it was almost a sweep. Really great!
Michelle (FabBookReviews)

With a tremendous and far-ranging roster of authors and artists, the Shout Out comics anthology is an exceptional read. Featuring "eighteen LGBTQ2SIA+ stories crafted by award-winning international creators", this momentous aimed-for-teens-and-up anthology includes stories by Killian Ng, Kelly and Nichole Matthews, Joamette Gil, Sunny Ôchumuk, Shaina Lu, Derrick Chow, Elodie Chen, and more phenomenal writers and artists. Shout Out contains a glorious mix of genre stories- everything from
Nico
My heart is full.

*Puts on announcer voice* Are you looking for happy and incredibly diverse Own Voices stories in many worlds of fantasy that make you want to cry with joy? Read. This. Book.

*clears throat* No really. I mean it. I will be shoving this anthology of LGBTQIA+ comics on every person I know, and maybe some strangers as well, just for good measure. The diversity and representation in here is absolutely off the charts, and it's published in Toronto. Yep, I'm officially beside myself.

I
Jim
What a fantastic series of shorts by some great writers and great artists! So much positivity!
Amanda
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gettin-graphic, ya, glbtq
This comic anthology is all of my jam. The comics are short, romantic and penned by some great writers and inked by just as great illustrators. They're like perfectly-sized bits of fluff. Highly recommend.
Amanda
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great assortment of queer positive stories from some of my favorite writers and artists. Well done!
Andrew
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic collection of stories from an exciting array of voices.
Anthony
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
A really wonderful collection of short comics centered on LGBTQIA+ characters by queer creators. All genres and styles of relationships are depicted equally and without judgment.
Kara
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely adored this anthology! I’m always wanting more happy queer stories and this was full of them.
Nathan Frechette
What an amazing and well-curated collection of shorts!
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Beautiful, colourful, joyful, and diverse stories. A great anthology. The artwork was gorgeous - especially the colouring. The stories were fun and diverse, both in their subject matter and in their character makeup. Like any anthology some stories were stronger than others, but I overall really enjoyed this and want more people to read it.
Sabree Koonce
Dec 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
I am not going to lie, I originally picked up this book because the cover was colorful and visually appealing. I am very glad that I did pick up this collection of short stories though because it was full of so many beautiful stories of queer representation. There were tear jerkers, fantastic adventures, invigorating battles, and so much more.
Kat
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome! Lots of fun and diverse short comics.
Lyle

• The Okay Witch
  • Monster and the Beast, Vol. 1
  • A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities
  • Grimoire Noir
  • Toronto Comics Anthology (Toronto Comics, #1)
  • His Hideous Heart
  • Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me
  • Luisa: Ici et là
  • Black Canary: Ignite
  • Witchy
  • Hotel Dare
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Mooncakes