Start by marking “Broken” as Want to Read:
Broken

Broken

Rule #1: Keep running.

Jag’s rules have kept him safe and free since he escaped conversion therapy, but that was before he walked into Heaven and Hell. A no-strings fling with the club owner, Michael, turns into so much more as Jag finds himself breaking one rule after another.

Michael hasn’t been able to commit to anyone since his partner died, until Jag walks into his clu
ebook
Published March 5th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Broken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broken

F.R. D'Angelo
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing

I read Broken and from the second paragraph I was invested, it’s hard to get a reader that soon. I knew this book would break the readers as much as Jag he believes he is broken, only to put them back together with the reading of this young man’s story. Michael is as broken as Jag in different ways, I loved the back story of this couple, I love how well its described. Jag has a quiet strength about him, his unwillingness to be further broken by his own admission by having his rules. His rules ha
Anna
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: age-gap
Początek typowy, młody mężczyzna przejeżdża do miasta, zatrudnia się u drugiego Pana, i jak to mówią oderwać się od siebie nie mogą. Jag ma tajemnice ... i dopiero w drugiej połowie dowiadujemy się jaką. Powiem tyle, nie pamiętam książki, która nie pozwolił mi pójść spać. Tej się udało. Polecam!!!
Joscelyn Smith
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved Jag

This was another great story by Colette Davison. It's a great character driven, emotion filled storyline and of course it incorporates dance. Jag and Michael were amazing characters as they both worked to bring down Jag's walls, theirs was a hard journey but it was so worth the effort.

*I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book*
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, mm, lbr

This was a sweet story about two guys who end up being exactly what each other needs. Michael is the club owner who has had a difficult time finding a new relationship since he lost the love his life. He is a bit gun shy with his feelings because of that, but he is definitely interested in the new dancer, Jag. Jag is a young guy who has been on the run from his family for years since he came out and was forced into conversion therapy. For some reason (I have no recollection about why they are st
Kazza
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: contemporary, arc
The main issues for me were that -

The MCs lacked any chemistry
The narrative pretty much consisted of tell not show
The primary (view spoiler) drama arc did not ring true

Sadly, Broken didn't work for me but there's plenty of love for the book on here, take my review as you will.
Longer review on blog
 photo Potential-OTDU-Banner-9-Smaller2_zpsf0878d67.png
Susiej
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A beautiful, astounding story!!

I absolutely loved this!! Colette has written it with such compassion that I could actually feels Jag's thoughts and emotions, especially when thinking of the consequences to breaking his own rules. It's so heartbreakingly sad that someone's life and choices can alienate families so much. However, the strength, love and hot chemistry between the characters, outweighs the heartbreak perfectly.
I know this is a fictional story, but I couldn't help ponder about this h
Josh Dale
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abuse, romance, struggles
Poor Jag is on the run from his abusive family. So, caught up with paranoia and the thought of being forced back in the grasp of his family and more conversion therapy. He has built walls so high that they would make the Great wall of China look like a miniature model. He lives strictly by a set of rules. Well live would be an over statement. Realistically he exists under his rules. Not allowing himself to get friendly with anyone else let alone romantic. Constantly on the move to avoid being fo ...more
Stephanie Carvalho
“When everything is made to be broken... I just want you to know who I am”
This is a really beautiful, thrilling, passionate story about finding confort and love and happiness when everything else seems to fade, and you just don’t have the strenght to fight anymore. Is about surviving, but also discovering that sometimes, even though all you see is evil and pain, a beautiful archangel might save you.
Jag and Michal are instant attracted to each other, from the very first moment they meet. Jag is r
Kirstin
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Emotionally healing and well written, this story sweeps you away and takes you on a journey of self discovery and love.

Jag has been on his own since he was 16. Now 20, he's made up a few rules to live by. Rules to keep him safe. Rules to keep him sane.

Michael is the owner of a pole dancing workout center by day, a gay night club by night. When a young, hot new dancer waltzes into his bar and asks for a job, he gets more than he bargained for.

Jag had such a painful past that traumatized him and m
Shelby
Mar 09, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 54%.

There is a distinct lack of personality coming from both MCs. Michael is hot and sad (because of his partner dying 6.5 years ago). Jag is hot and sad (because his parents sent him to conversion therapy and now he's constantly on the run after escaping). That's about it, as far as personality goes.

Then there is all the dance talk. There's a lot of pole dancing moves used... I looked up the first few online but got tired of that rather quickly. And on top of that, there is a lot of des
Dixiecowgirl
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Delightful, poignant, steamy, heartbreaking and soul healing journey to trust and love. Oh my happy heart i loved this story. I laughed and i cried and i will carry the heart of these MC's with me for a long time. The writing was beautiful and so compelling. The story-line flowed and was engaging.

Jag and Michael are two halves of a whole and this is an amazing story about how trust can change two lives. I really enjoyed both MC's and i loved the romance of so many of the scenes that were create
Joyfully Jay
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

I’ve always been a fan of stories that take place in a club atmosphere. Not only do you get the main characters, but you get a nice cast of supporting characters and a setting where exciting things can happen (as well as romance). When I read the blurb for Broken, I grabbed it up and was excited to get to reading. I did feel like a few things were a little off, but I still enjoyed this book very much.

Both Jag and Michael were sympathetic characters…good, nice men wh
Kathryn Manzella
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broken by Colette Davison is an intriguing lovestory between Jag and Michael. Two men who are broken in very different ways but together are perfect. I loved watching the evolution of their connection. They work together and tear down walls, taking what they can, while they can. This story - it brought on do many emotions. Beautiful, heartbreaking, captivating, touching... this book and the love of the characters is worth the read.

I received an advanced reader's copy of the book and I am volunt
Ashley
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You know what, I absolutely loved reading this - it was emotional it was cute it was adorable it was sweet it was intense it was just everything you want in a book - I thought perhaps maybe Jag's climax could have been a bit more interesting but honestly I wasn't mad at any of it .. and beautiful writing - I'll definitely be getting more of this authors work
Nicole Prado-Carr
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jag is such a pure wholesome soul and you just want to protect him from the very beginning. He was very relatable even if you hadn’t been through what he had been through.
Michael was the best knight in shining armor that Jag could’ve asked for. He was everything he didn’t even know he needed and it was great seeing their relationship blossom.
This is all the right amount of angsty pining and heart breaking back story to make for a great read.
Grab a tissue or two, you might need it.

*i received
Karolina Cebula
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review in English and Polish || Recenzja po angielsku i polsku

Despite his young age, Jag went through his private hell that left some non-healing wounds on his psyche. In order not to go crazy and keep his hard-won freedom, the boy needs to constantly run away from his family whose tentacles reach really far and wide. If they catch him, they will start to tighten up on him again and try to deprive him of everything he won with such difficulty.
Another stop on his way without a specific destinatio
Amy Dufera
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Colette Davison's Broken is an accomplished romance. An avid fan of Colette Davison, I've enjoyed each of her books I've read and they just keep getting better.

It didn't take long for me to fall for Jag and Michael. Wow, they are just amazing together, melting my heart, and leaving me wanting even more of them. Jag's been living his life lying and pretending, on the run and hiding. When Jag's hired as the new dancer at Michael's club, he has no idea how dramatically his life is about to change.
Agalactiae
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, age-gap, m-m
3,75/5

La couverture de ce livre m'hypnotisait, j'étais attirée comme un aimant, sans même lire le résumé.

Nous rencontrons Jag qui débarque dans le club de Michael qui l'embauche sur le champ après une démonstration de danse. Nous allons suivre donc l'évolution de Jag dans ce club et son rapprochement avec son patron. En lisant le synopsis, je me rends compte qu'il en dévoile beaucoup trop, c'est vraiment dommage.

J'ai eu du mal à accrocher au départ. L'auteur nous projette directement dans le clu
Melanie Rawlinson
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was only forty pages into this when I first decided it was amazing. Nothing after that changed my opinion, although I got more and more excited-happy as it went on!
Michael, former pole dancer and now owner of the pole dancing club Heaven and Hell (which morphs into a pole fitness gym in the daytime, genius!) is a gorgeous, steady but somewhat sad man with good friends and more love to give.
Jag (not his real name) is a traumatised, beautiful 20-year-old looking for a job and a place to stay bef
Xanthe
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Definitely a high recommendation to read this book!
Right from the start I was fully engaged with the story of both men. Jag is a bit of a mystery, information from his past revealed only as and when needed but his loneliness shines through. Michael is a clear caregiver and protector, providing his staff with great pay and work conditions as well as his friendly and easy going nature. Their attraction is instant but a lot of work for both men and it makes for an entertaining and involving read.
Sarita Chapdelaine
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This is a great book with an intriguing storyline and wonderful characters. It is well-written, emotional, sexy, heartbreakingly sad, sweet, deals well with difficult issues and best of all it is full of hope. Jag and Michael are amazing together with a strong connection and smoking hot chemistry. Michael knows that Jag is not going to stay but he can't stop himself from falling for him. Jag has self-imposed rules he has to follow that help keep him safe but he finds himself breaking them for Mi ...more
R
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed
Jag is broken. Running from his parents who placed him in conversion therapy because he was gay. Running from someone he thought he could trust. Running from his memories. Living by his own set of rules that had protected him for years.

Michael owns a club that is a safe haven for gay men. They dance and he pays them fairly and protects them. Not allowing anyone to force them into doing something they don’t want to do.

When Michael give Jag a safe place to work and live he thinks maybe he will be
Karen Edwards
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit it was the cover of this book that caught my eye, but when I read the blurb for this book, I just had to read it. Jag has a few rules that he lives by. Those rules have kept him safe. When he walks into Heaven and Hell, there's one man he finds himself wanting to break all his rules for. Michael. Michael is the owner of Heaven and Hell. He's been alone for a little while now. He can't help himself but be drawn in by Jag, but Jag is running from his past. I totally love Jag and Mi ...more
Scooby2
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Broken” is a book that shows us the journey of Jag and Michael finding one another and piecing themselves back together; each helping the other in their own way. I loved how Jag used dance to help express himself and how Michael didn’t just heal him magically. “Broken” tackles a hard subject that I cannot stand, conversion therapy (which needs to be abolished), Ms Davison shows the reader the long term psychological damage that it leaves behind. This story was well written, my only complaint is ...more
Lisa
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. I was worried that it would be a lot of angst considering what Jag has been though but it was just enough.

Jag has been on the run for the last 4 years after being subjected to horrific pain from his family members. He has lived the last 4 years by rules. Rules to keep him safe the most important rule is don’t trust anyone. That is until he meets Arc angel Micheal.

Micheal has been on his own for a long time when Jag comes into his club looking for a job he can’t help
Elaine Gray
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Jag has been running from his family because they want to "change" him. They don't like the fact that he's gay and sent him to a psychiatrist who wanted to think that being gay or loving someone of the same sex is wrong. The only they did was make him think that having sex is the only way that a person can ever be with him. Michael is a club owner who falls for Jag and makes him see and believe that being in love with someone is not a bad thing. It took Jag a while but he fina ...more
Maria Vickers
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Broken by Colette Davison left me emotional, shaken, and maybe a little broken myself...in a good way. Have tissues beause you are going to need them for this book - maybe a whole box. The story is well-written and the author brings the story to life with her words and characters which are flawed and real.

Jag and Michael are both broken, and they need each other, but will they be able to open their hearts? You have to read to find out. With scenes that are vivid and breathtaking, this story will
Modwena
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Both Michael and Jay's lives are changed forever the day Jay walks into Heaven and Hell nightclub. Jay has been on the run from his influential family for four years and is determined to stick to the rules that have kept him safe, but he doesn't account for the effect his new boss has on him. Michael slowly begins to chip away at Jay's defences and Jay finally begins to consider what might happen if he doesn't run this time.
This was such a beautiful story and I especially loved the way Michael d
J
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: age-gap, m-m
Nice story about a young man on the run from his family who had sent him to conversion therapy after he came out as gay. He escaped and even though now that he is an adult he is still afraid of what they might do. He travels from place to place working as a dancer/stripper never forming any relationships or roots. This story starts with him finding a new place of employment and he finds himself attracted to the older man that runs the club.

I liked both the MC's, liked the way the story was told
Anita
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jag on the run from his parents and living by his own 4 rules never expected to break those rules and stop. Until Michael, who lost his partner and has drifted through life running his club. A story confirming that with love and acceptance you never have to be alone. Let the right person in, allow yourself to trust, use their strength as support and accept their love - your whole life can change. Colette Davison has a way of drawing you in with amazing characters and situations that keep you wan ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »