Start by marking “Red Grange: The Life and Legacy of the Nfl's First Superstar” as Want to Read:
Red Grange: The Life and Legacy of the Nfl's First Superstar

Red Grange: The Life and Legacy of the Nfl's First Superstar

3.50  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
In celebration of the National Football League's 100th season, noted football historian Chris Willis brings to life the story of Red Grange, the nation's first NFL star, in this definitive biography.

Harold "Red" Grange became a national sensation as a junior halfback at the University of Illinois in the 1920s. He quickly joined other great athletes of the Roaring Twenties
Published August 9th 2019 by Rowman & Littlefield Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Red Grange, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Red Grange

·  2 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of Red Grange: The Life and Legacy of the Nfl's First Superstar
Randall Harrison
I grew up in Urbana, IL fully steeped in the legend and lore of Red Grange from an early age. I attended the 1974 game celebrating the 50th anniversary of historic performance against Michigan that solidified his status as an all-time sports legend. This is the third biography of Grange I've read. I also have read, and retain in my library, my father's copy of the book he wrote, Zuppke of Illinois, about his college coach and mentor.

While none of this makes me an expert on the subject, I can
Brad