Start by marking “Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)” as Want to Read:
Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)

Space Boy Volume 5

(Space Boy #5)

A sci-fi drama of a high school aged girl who belongs in a different time, a boy possessed by emptiness as deep as space, an alien artifact, mysterious murder, and a love that crosses light years.

To Amy, everyone has a flavor, and when that flavor begins to disappear, it spells trouble.

After the crushing confrontation with Oliver, Amy is on the hunt for answers. This leads
Published November 5th 2019 by Dark Horse Books

To ask other readers questions about Space Boy Volume 5, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Space Boy Volume 5

Start your review of Space Boy Volume 5 (Space Boy, #5)
Rod Brown
Nov 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Nothing new to report here: low-key engaging with a heavy emphasis on teen angst and a slow trickle of new information.

Oh, wait, one curious thing: As noted in a previous review of mine, all male characters have flat feet, and all female characters are depicted en pointe (enlarge the cover thumbnail to see an example) . . . except the art teacher with flat feet who otherwise presents as female. Does this denote transgender in the Space Boy universe?
Alison
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vol 5 doesn't actiually come out until later this year, but I've just spent all day catching up on the rest of this comic online (it's available on webtoons.com - it's free and has been the authors main platform for the last 4 years).

Definitely going to keep buying these as they come out- the story is so great, and the author is definiutely a creator I want to be supporting!
Marilyn B
I really love this series. This one was a little more love story than before - or rather the bumpiness of a potential love story and the end of another. But I still love how authentic everyone feels even though this is set well into the future. I’m hoping for a bit more of Oliver in the next one though. It’s very light on the Space Boy for a series named after him.
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a must-read. The art was amazing, the storyline was good and fresh and fun, it was overall very good.
Karissa
Dec 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Series Info/Source: This is the fifth book in the Space Boy series. I borrowed this book from the library.

Story (3/5): The story continues to move really slow and doesn’t make much progress. A lot of time is spent on really mundane things like Amy in art class or at lunch. I am just finding the pace to be too slow for me and the story too meandering.

Characters (4/5): We spend a lot of time with Amy and Cassie in this book. Amy is trying to deal with Oliver’s rejection and Cassie is trying to
Rachel
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's tempting to continue reading online, but I think it'll be better in the long run if I stick to the physical copies. So, I reckon I'm looking forward to the next book, and maybe I'll check it out instead of just reading the whole thing sitting in front of the bookshelves I'm supposed to be straightening.

And since I haven't really been reviewing the story thus far, I'm just gonna say that I really like the characters, and the plot is intriguing thus far. Plus I like the art style. Meets all
Aud
I don't actually know how much of the webcomic is in this volume but I've read everything that's available (were getting into volume 6 now I think) and it's a beautifully crafted comic. The art is gorgeous. The story is amazing and sad and heartwarming and exciting. I definitely want to own this one physically.
Drucilla
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
There are just so many good things about this volume. There's a lot more character interaction, and I'm glad we learn a little bit more about Cassie. I was hoping her controlling behavior would get addressed at some point and I liked the way McCranie handled it.
Delaney Felix
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
These just always make me so happy, even when they’re about tough topics. They’re so good and I can’t wait to read the next volume. Even though it comes out in FEBRUARY!!!
If you haven’t read volume 1, I highly recommend this series to everyone!!
Carrie Froese
This is a science-fiction graphic novel that develops over the course of the series rather than just one novel. The complexity of relationship and positive self messaging are prevalent. Good pic for a middle school aged audience.
Meaghan Steeves
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
February cannot come soon enough!
Amanda
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great volume in this series. I could have done without the Crossdress Thursday for Spirit Week conversation but overall it was good. Looking forward to the next volume.
Alissa
Jul 12, 2019 marked it as to-read
Well... this volume SHOULD cover the Big Homecoming Dance.

If 80s movies have taught me anything, The Big Dance is where the s*it goes down!!
Rebecca Ann
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a compelling series, although it is stringing out the Oliver mystery a little too much. I can't wait for the next one to come out!
Sarah Schanze
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Still a fave series. Exploring the water treatment plant is a favorite scene of mine.
Courtney Birnbaum
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait to see this in print, as the story continues to build as Amy and friends uncover the larger plot in McCranie's WEBTOON/print comic Space Boy.
Kizzy
Dec 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
Blijft een heel leuke serie, maar ik zou meer willen weten over dr. Kim en Olivier. Hopelijk in het volgende deel...
Monica
Dec 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019
Ahhhhh!! All the feels! Cannot wait until February for the next installment! ...more
Timea
Nov 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In this volume, the central theme is Amy's wish to discover more about Oliver and the conflict between two of her new friends, Cassie and David. Amy has no idea what is going on with Oliver, but still wants to help him, which just broke my heart.
Reading this comic again after a year (perhaps more?) definitely changes my perspective. I already know Oliver's secret and all the hints are so much more tragic to me now. One example are the murals that Amy discovers, that will later be explained in a
Farrah
Dec 05, 2019
Redfork
Dec 14, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Are You Listening?
  • The Okay Witch
  • Giant Days, Vol. 11
  • Mooncakes
  • Best Friends (Real Friends, #2)
  • Grimoire Noir
  • The Tea Dragon Festival
  • Guts
  • Kiss Number 8
  • Stargazing
  • Island Book
  • とんがり帽子のアトリエ 4 [Tongari Boushi no Atelier 4] (Witch Hat Atelier, #4)
  • Cheshire Crossing
  • The Dam Keeper: Return from the Shadows (Dam Keeper, #3)
  • They Called Us Enemy
  • Heathen: Volume 2 (Heathen, #2)
  • Sincerely, Harriet
Stephen McCranie has been drawing comics since before he could read or write. He graduated from the University of New Mexico with a degree in Fine Arts and currently lives and works out of a small apartment in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Space Boy (6 books)
  • Space Boy Volume 1 (Space Boy, #1)
  • Space Boy Volume 2 (Space Boy, #2)
  • Space Boy Volume 3 (Space Boy, #3)
  • Space Boy Volume 4 (Space Boy, #4)
  • Space Boy Volume 6 (Space Boy, #6)