Start by marking “The Benefits of Bad Decisions” as Want to Read:
The Benefits of Bad Decisions

The Benefits of Bad Decisions

(My Favorite Band #2)

After a bad decision lands me a role on a reality show, I expect it to be my big break as a TV star. Despite getting kicked off the first night, I land on my feet again when a talent agent who saw the show offers me an audition as back-up dancer for a popular rock band.

Knowing this could be my stepping stone is exciting, but the real thrill is watching Brody bang on his dr
405 pages
Published April 1st 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Benefits of Bad Decisions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Benefits of Bad Decisions

Start your review of The Benefits of Bad Decisions
Bookworm Between the Sheets
This Book Is EPIC! Seriously Mrs. Suzanne had me laughing so hard and then hit with a major plot twist that I NEVER saw coming.... Seriously this book starts out with a BANG and you will have a very difficult time putting it down!
RentasticReads
4.5 Camel stars

I had such a blast reading this book! It’s absolutely a rockstar romance through and through—we get to experience MFB’s first headlining tour right along with them, witness Brody and Zoey’s whirlwind of a romance unfold, and see every repercussion their bad decisions have brought upon them. It’s sexy and steamy and has so much passion that you almost get an adrenaline rush from everything going on.

Zoey Fuller—the younger sister of VAIL’s drummer, Ethan—is tired of living in he
Meredith Wilson
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a book by Lisa Suzanne, I think I couldn't possibly fall in love with the characters any more than I did with that book. Zoey and Brody are no exception. This book completely owned me, every single sentence reminding me once again why I love this author's writing style so dearly, and why her words effect me every single time without fail. This was an intense, passionate love story that had all the components that I am drawn to in a romance of this kind. I was mesmerized from th ...more
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE AUTHOR. I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

This is my first time actually reading this author's work, though I have picked up several of her books previously. Unfortunately for me, this was not a good introduction to her work!

First of all, it's actually interconnected to at least two other of the author
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 4,5/ 5 stars

I love that this book is a crossover of the VAIL and MFB world. Getting to see old characters in new books is honestly the best! And since this book stars Zoey Fuller, Ethan’s sister, we got to see all the VAIL boys and their beaus a lot. I was living for it! We also got a lot of the MFB crowd ( y’all remember Dax and Kylie from Take My Heart, right?! They were so fun to see again) because this book also stars Brody, MFB’s drummer.

I was much of a fan of Zoey, not since Mark’s
Diane Holtry
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was totally immersed in this story!

I love this title .. it was SOOO fitting to the story!

I NEVER expected THAT bomb to drop .. 😲MG .. I was caught totally off guard and unaware! Totally epic twist that I didn't see coming!

When BAD decisions were made it was like watching a horror story and I found myself shouting, "DON'T DO IT!" .. and then what an about face when I'm like, "WTH, What are you waiting for?!"

While Lisa Suzanne DID NOT keep me hanging with a cliffhanger (bless her heart) she did
Vanessa (nessreads)
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book*

4 Stars

First and foremost I liked seeing old characters from previous books. That was a total plus. And since this book involves Zoey Fuller, Ethan’s sister we get to see the VAIL crew and I was so here for that.

I’m not going to lie, in the beginning and a few chapters in I didn’t like Zoey. Her decisions were questionable and indeed bad. I gave her a chance and waited to see if she’d change my mind. With time I did see a different side to her
Cynthia Villarreal Ortiz
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first the story was slow but it became more involved, more intricate and the story became more fluid. Some bad decisions are just worth the risk.
Rock Star Romances like Brody's and Zoey's are what romance books are written about, the ups and downs and how you find your way back to each other, what can I say?? I Enjoyed It Very Much!!
Jill M
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sexy-rockers
Wow. My first book by Lisa and it blew me away. I’m not gonna lie the beginning was a little slow for me but them BAM! It took off and I couldn’t turn the pages fast enough. Sexy rockers, a rocking romance and a twist you’ll never see coming had me on the edge of my seat. Lisa wrote a unique story with lots of romance, sexiness and unexpected turn of events to make this an amazing story. I can guarantee this won’t be my last of this author.
Doris
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Be Ready for a Free Fall!!!

Rock romance at its finest with bad boy rockers, sex, scandals and so much more. This book will take you along for quite a ride only to take you to the top of a rollercoaster and let you free fall to the bottom when you get side blinded by an awesome twist. Will Brody be able to overcome a secret that Zoey had no idea she was keeping? Oh, so good. Grab your copy today.
Mandie
Apr 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun book to read! I just loved the story line! I was hooked from the first page!
Ellie
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
This book is PHENOMENAL! I love a good rock star romance because you get all the feels and the angst of watching them fall in love and have all that drama to deal with. Watching them work out the fans and other things that go along with being a rock stars girlfriend. In this story we get a little of everything and I have to say that I started out not really liking Zoey because of her antics but then I started to really like her once I found out why she did and acted the way she did.

Brody I loved
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I was going between 3 and 4 stars until that twist! Definitely didn't see that coming. I was afraid that I wasn't going to like Zoey at the beginning of this book but I quickly began to understand her character. Brody is her perfect balance and I loved reading their story.

Zoey is looking for her big break. Her brother is famous for being the drummer in Vail but she doesn't want to use this connection to help jump-start her acting career. Little does she know, her break is coming in the most une
Nate Brightman
This is the story of how two extremely immature people (for their ages), Brody almost twenty-eight and Zoey thirty-three, allow their thoughtless, bad decisions to nearly destroy their chance at a forever love.
The story opens with Zoey throwing herself at a Hollywood casting director and allowing him to bend her over his desk to get a spot on a reality television dating show she believes will be her ticket to fame as a television actress. Unbeknownst to Zoey the casting director is married and
2OCC Reviews
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jessica, gemma
Jessica’s Review

Oh my. This book was a roller coaster ride and a half. The first half was happy to lucky but the the author read dove into the heart of the story and my heart broke for both characters. Zoey and Brody were like a fire when it came to their romance. It was hot and bright and just totally amazing. There are some bad decisions that are made (hence the title of the book) and they changed the corse of the book. I laughed at the jokes, I had tears when the characters were heart broken
Naughty Mom Story Time
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
I’d like to start by saying I wish I had known other characters in this book have already had their stories told. My preference as a reader is to read chronologically. It only enhances the experience, and I love getting to know as many characters and their background as I can. I think I would have enjoyed getting to know Ethen and Mark prior to these.

With that being said, while I did get to know Dax in a previous book I admit I enjoyed Brody’s story much more than Dax’s and I really liked Zoey.
Becky Claxon
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t know how Ms Suzanne can keep coming up with such great books, but I am so glad she does. I didn’t want to put this book down once I started reading. I always enjoy catching up with characters from her previous books, and I was able to catch up with this one. When the book first started out, I was a little worried about Zoey and some of the decisions she made. She is so determined to be someone without her famous brother’s help, so this seems to be the catalyst to some of her decisions. W ...more
L
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Unpredictable and Unique Rockstar Romance

This is my first book by Lisa Suzanne and WOW! I was not disappointed! Zoey and Brody's story was a riveting read from start to finish filled with emotional extremes from elation to anguish ... angst to calm acceptance. Zoey and Brody's actions on their journey toward their HEA are impacted by their past experiences and strong views with regard to relationships, fidelity, marriage, and career ambitions; complex characters who as a result of well-writt
Katy
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Benefits of Bad Decisions completely blew me away! Lisa Suzanne had so many twists and turns that my head was spinning! The beginning of the book was very hot and heavy, another aspect that completely caught me off guard. I don't mind when books start off like that, but it definitely surprised me! The Benefits of Bad Decisions started off with a bang, continued to fizzle and pop halfway through and ended with a bang. I really enjoyed the flow of this book!

Zoey and Brody are definitely a sex
Sue
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every time I think I can't love Lisa Suzanne's books any more...she releases a new one...and I'm off and running again. We are once again in the Vail/MFB world and while you can read this as a standalone, if you plan on reading any books before these, I'd do those first so you don't spoil the endings to THOSE wonderful stories. Zoey and Brody's story kind of bring three of Lisa Suzanne's worlds together in one emotional and funny as heck book (The jokes alone are worth the price of admission lol ...more
Jamie
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!

This has to be my favorite book by Lisa. If you ever enjoyed her stories before then know this one won't disappoint! It's full of twist, turns, and bad decisions. But most of all it's full of that all consuming love that alters a person forever. The kind of love you never knew how you existed before it and couldn't survive without it.

"Be daring. Be expressive. Be bold."

Zoey and Broody are a perfect match. I like who they become together, a team. They struggle when they are apart but thrive
Lauren
Mar 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alright y'all... I wasn't sure how I was gonna feel about Zoey after the first few chapters but im glad I hung in there and in the end she didn't disappoint. I will say that after years of living in Ethan's shadow she is making some serious questionable decisions. I really like Brody he is your typical rockstar but boy when he fell, he fell hard and fast. There banter, quick wit and there jokes are awesome! Even though there is lots of drama some good ole fashion angst and lots of love!
Sissy's Romance Book Review
The Benefits of Bad Decisions by Lisa Suzanne is the story of Brody and Zoey.
Zoey is trying to find her way and thought doing a reality show might be the way. But that doesn't last but does open her to find another job as a back up dancer for a band.
Brody is the drummer in the band who is finding it hard to resist Zoey..which doesn't last long. But both have things from their past that come forward again that adds to their rocky road.
Enjoyed reading their story.
Diane Edwards
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book certainly benefits its name it was well written and very funny at times with many twists and turns on the way . I could tell certain things where going to happen before they did and thought no don’t go there but it all added to the book . It took less than a day to read as I could not put it down I was literally up all night reading it it was that good
Karen Sedgman
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I so enjoyed this Rock Star romance, The Benefits of Bad Decisions! Zoey and Brody journey was going along beautifully, the chemistry was there! Untill we got to that OMG moment that changed everything! Can Zoey and Brody overcome this major obstacle? A must read!
Laci
I couldn't get into this. Maybe I'll come back.
Billy
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Phenomenal love story!

Couldn’t it this down! Loved the intertwined story and cast of characters. Very well written! Loved the final break in the relationship with his father and how that ended his inability to be with his woman!
Sammi Dyer
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness!!! I'd never heard of Lisa Suzanne before I started reading this book and well she is amazing!!! What a great read. It had me on the edge of my seat needed to know what was going to happen next. Zoey and Brody where both so likeable and what happens is completely page turning crazy, so download or order it now!!
AmeeA
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Replay
  • Kiss Me Tonight (Put A Ring On It, #2)
  • The Dirty Texas Rockstar Series: Books 1-5
  • Play Fast (Brooklyn Dawn #2)
  • Watch Me Unravel (Blue is the Color, #2)
  • Hard Rock Love (Cherry Lips, #4)
  • Hinder
  • Endless: Ty & Zoey (Less Than Zero, #1)
  • Big Bad Boss: A Secret Baby Romance (Big Bad Daddies Book 7)
  • Derail
  • Sweet Temptation (Players #3)
  • Play Dirty (Brooklyn Dawn #1)
  • The Best Kind Of Mistake (Best Kind Novella, #1)
  • Under The Bridge (Blue is the Color, #4)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • Pawns in the Bishop's Game (Checkmate #1)
  • The Bet (North Woods University, #1)
  • Such Great Heights (Blue is the Color, #3)
Lisa Suzanne is a romance author who resides in Arizona with her husband and two kids. She’s a former high school English teacher and college composition instructor. When she's not chasing or cuddling her kids, she can be found working on her latest book or watching reruns of Friends.

My Favorite Band (6 books)
  • Take My Heart