Start by marking “Twee kunnen een geheim bewaren als er één dood is” as Want to Read:
Twee kunnen een geheim bewaren als er één dood is

Twee kunnen een geheim bewaren als er één dood is

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  9,604 ratings  ·  2,092 reviews
llery en haar tweelingbroer Ezra moeten noodgedwongen verhuizen naar de geboorteplaats van hun moeder.

Lang geleden is hun tante Sarah daar verdwenen – een zaak die nooit is opgelost en waar in de familie nooit over gesproken wordt. Algauw ontdekt Ellery dat er pas nog een meisje is verdwenen. Net als Sarah was dit meisje homecoming queen op school, en niet lang daarna word
274 pages
Published February 2019 by Van Goor (first published January 8th 2019)

Tania 📚 TheBookwormMummy The original quote the title is based on (and the theme song for Pretty Little Liars) is "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead," by…moreThe original quote the title is based on (and the theme song for Pretty Little Liars) is "Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead," by Benjamin Franklin. (less)
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Dani
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

·  9,604 ratings  ·  2,092 reviews

شيماء ✨
What'd I do today? Oh you know, just isolated myself and sat on my bed staring sulkily at the wall because existing in general is unbearable when one of your most anticipated releases disappoints you!

I can't believe I'm saying this but I think Colleen Hoover's Verity put me in a permanent slump and now I guess I can't enjoy thrillers anymore unless they were written by her!
Karen McManus
Apr 16, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Can confirm that this book does, in fact, exist.
Chelsea Humphrey
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: Dennis
"If I believed in omens, this would be a bad one."

This is a difficult review to write, as I was so taken with McManus's debut last year, but as an adult reader I didn't feel her sophomore effort lived up to the hype I had created in my head. Obviously this is no one's fault but my own, and as a novel for YA readers I think it will be well received as it still gives off a similar vibe as One Of Us Is Lying, although I found this one to be much slower paced and less twisty than her previous work.
Emma Giordano
3.5 Stars! This was a fair and enjoyable read.I have no intentions of picking up One Of Us Is Lying, but I decided to give Two Can Keep A Secret a chance. It was not the most notable young adult thriller on the market, but I enjoyed my time reading.

CW: murder, grief, talk of substance abuse, statutory rape

If any other readers happen to be confused if they must read Karen M. McManus’s first novel to understand her second (as I initially was), you don’t! They’re totally separate stories. As I hav
Sabaa Tahir
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD OMG. My review would just be endless fangirling, so I'll keep it short and say that Karen McManus is a plot twist genius and you must read this one.
jessica
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the saying goes that ‘two can keep a secret if one of them is dead,’ but what isnt mentioned is that secrets like to be shared. its in their very nature and karen mcmanus definitely understands that. this book is full of secrets just dying to get out!

and whilst i didnt think this was quite as good as ‘one of us is lying,’ it definitely does not feel like a sophomore slump of a novel. its fast-paced, clever, and downright mysterious. i actually didnt find this to be predicable, which is the case
(Bern) Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas
4 I Didn't See That Coming Stars

Ellery and her twin brother arrive at their mother's hometown of Echo Ridge in a hail storm to discover a body on the road - a local high school teacher victim of a hit and run. That welcome was merely the beginning. The twins quickly find their new home is seeped in secrets, disappearing girls and murder. It all began with the disappearance of their mother's twin sister on Homecoming Night. Her disappearance may have remained unsolved but its effects ran deep bot
C.G. Drews
Ok so this was EXCELLENT and exactly what I want a thriller to be! Usually I'm tentative about thrillers and One of Us Is Lying, while I admire it for being super-famous, it didn't click so much for me. However this one?! Miiiiine. It had the small town vibes, an autumn-y Halloween aesthetic, siblings dynamics, took time to develop the characters, and it had muuuuurder. Obviously. It is literally a murder mystery. But someone must be Captain McObvious here and I volunteer.

anyway.

➸ I really care
Larry H
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars.

With Two Can Keep a Secret , her follow-up to the excellent One of Us is Lying (see my review), Karen M. McManus proves she's not a flash-in-the-pan talent, but rather a pretty terrific storyteller, one who is tremendously skilled at depicting the complex behaviors of teenagers, and the mysteries that unfold in front of our eyes.

Ellery and her twin brother Ezra have to leave their California home and move to Echo Ridge, a small town in Vermont, and live with their maternal grandmoth
Charlotte May
All of Fright Farm's success is based on how much people love to be scared in a controlled environment. There's something deeply satisfying about confronting a monster and escaping unscathed. Real monsters aren't anything like that. They don't let go."

3.5 ⭐

I did enjoy Karen McManus' second novel, but it didn't blow me away as much as One of Us is Lying did.

Ellery and Ezra have moved to their mother's home town of Echo Ridge with their grandmother, while their mum is in rehab. Echo Ridge is fam
Gwen
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here's the thing: I'm not necessarily the biggest fan of YA thrillers as an overall genre, but there's something about Karen McManus's work that pulls me in and keeps me frantically flipping pages until the end. Definitely part of it is the characters, who are given just as much weight as the plot. But there's also how the overall tone strikes an uncanny balance between dark and light, seriousness and levity, respect and irreverence, that is so exactly the teenage way.

Also: while I loved Ellery
Lola
Overall, I found this much less eye-roll-worthy than ONE OF US IS LYING. The author still is too much in love with stereotypes… I mean, homecoming queens dying? Please. But I felt more engaged somehow with only two narrators, a boy and a girl (Ellery and Malcolm), love interests to each other and both involving themselves in the mystery case(s). Both are likeable and smart(ish) leads. Actually, anything I say about one of them basically immediately applies to the other because, frankly, they hav ...more
chandler ainsley ♕
but will this one not use mental health as a plot twist? stay tuned
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars!

Every single time I read the title of this book I had the PLL theme song running through my head.

Gotta say, McManus's sophmore novel knocked it out of the park! She is a officially an author I will be revisiting again and again in the future. If only she would write faster......

TCKAS is about twins Ellery and Ezra who move in with their grandmother after their mother goes into a care facility. Before they were born, their aunt had gone missing, about 5-6 years before another girl went
Ova - Excuse My Reading
Not as good as One of Us is Lying, but super fast paced and engaging plot. I've guessed the ending this time, but still enjoyed it a lot. Tbh 3.5 rounded up to 4, as I think it's definitely a book more than 3 stars in this genre.
Would definitely read from McManus again.
Carol (Bookaria)
Last year, I read ONE OF US IS LYING and loved it. It was a YA mystery/thriller by this author, so when I learned she was publishing a new book, I placed a hold on the library right away.

This is a YA thriller/mystery that takes place in the small town of Echo Ridge. The narrator is Ellery, a high schooler who recently moved with her twin brother into their grandmother's house while their mom attends a rehab center for a few months.

Right from the start there's trouble, as Ellery and her brother M
Abbey
ONCE AGAIN I DIDNT SEE THAT ONE COMING! 😳

RTC

Pre-Review
We have a cover and it's so pretty!! It's going to look so nice next to my copy of One of Us is Lying!

Also, the date moved up from February to January yasss! 🙌🏻
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
alright, alright, alright.....

This may come as a slight surprise to some folks who already know that I DNFed McManus' previous book, One of Us Is Lying, but I'm going to give this one a rating of 4 stars.

All three of them look like the kind of teenagers you'd find on a CW show—too beautiful to read.

Literally, this whole quote encompasses everything I feel about this book. Think Riverdale, Pretty Little Liars, and even The Vampire Diaries. What do they have all in common? Pretty people in th
Elli
Jun 07, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
yayyy omg I loved One of Us is Lying I cant wait for this!!!
Sophia Triad
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, crime-mafia
Two can keep a secret...if one is dead.
i.e. Two alive people could never keep a secret

Another absolutely fantastic book by the author of "One of Us is Lying"!

This is another book that confirms the truthfulness of the following rule: “NEVER start a new book, when you go to bed". You may not get any sleep. If it is a mystery book highly anticipated to read, you know that you will love it and you most probably stay up all night trying to solve the mystery and find who is the murderer before the las
Jamie
McManus does it again! Certainly no sophomore slump with Two Can Keep a Secret! I absolutely loved this story of a town with dark secrets that are seemingly resurfacing again. Twins Ezra and Ellery are staying with their Nana while their mother is doing a stint in rehab - however, they don’t know much about their mother’s hometown, where her twin sister was killed years before and when they move to the town and hear of other murders, they start asking questions, but what happens when they hear t ...more
Nina
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, read-in-2018
*Thanks again to Penguin Random House for sending me an ARC of this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.*

Last Christmas, I read One Of Us Is Lying and I really enjoyed it, so I was very excited about getting an ARC of this book and thus being able to spend another Christmas reading one of Karen M. McManus's novels.

Just like Karen's first book, Two Can Keep a Secret was a very quick read and I really enjoyed it. I'm still absolutely in love with her writing style because she jus
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

“You know what they say. When in Murderland . . .”

After practically crapping my pants over One Of Us Is Lying, I wanted this in my life as soon as I saw it on NetGalley . . . and was immediately denied my request, naturally. Luckily, I have the most awesome of libraries to provide a hook-up.

Two Can Keep A Secret is told from Ellery’s perspective. She and her twin brother Ezra have been relocated to their Granny’s house after their m
Umut Reviews
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. I think I can safely say I loved One Of Us Is Lying much more than this one. It was a 5 star read for me.
I also enjoyed reading Two Can Keep A Secret. I think McManus is a very good writer. She builds suspense very well and makes you read the book without being able to put it down.
However, this book was not flawless for me.
First of all, there was an obvious cue to the killer. Second, the simplicity of the first book was not in this one. I think she wanted to create a more complicat
Dennis
Did you read There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins last year? If so, you just figured out the plot to Karen McManus' new young adult novel Two Can Keep a Secret .

If you loved Karen McManus' debut novel One of Us is Lying, like my obsessed self did, please go into this story with an open mind, or else you'll end up disappointing yourself like me at this very moment. The story takes place in a small Vermont town called Echo Ridge. Echo Ridge is very reminiscent of Riverdale, fro
NZLisaM
If, like me, you are a fan of Kara Thomas then you will love Karen M. McManus.

description

Echo Ridge is a small town marred by tragedy.

1996 – High school senior Sarah Corcoran vanished while walking home from the library. She was never seen again.

2014 – Homecoming queen Lacey Kilduff, was found dead beneath the Ferris Wheel of the appropriately named Murderland Halloween Park. Her Killer was never caught.

2019 – Someone is targeting the girls elected to homecoming court – leaving threatening messages in publ
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
After last years big success of One of Us Is Lying I couldn't wait for the author's next book to be released.

If you love mysteries, and you enjoy contemporary YA novels - this book is the right one for you. It had everything I liked about this genre. Lots of twists and turns that kept me guessing from beginning to end. Some YA drama and many likable characters. And a wonderful crisp and vibrant writing style.

Two Can Keep a Secret was told through both Ellery and Malcolm's POV.

Both characters wer
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
5 “never guessed who did it” stars

First of all I want to thank Random House Children/PRH Global to give me this opportunity to read this advanced reading copy of Two Can Keep a Secret.

Karen McManus confirmed her title of queen of YA murder/mystery!

I rarely do read mysteries but I happened to have read an ARC of One of Us is Lying in April 2017 and I was blown away. Karen McManus had my rapt attention right from the start of the story and had me finish the book readwalking to work.

When I knew
Kiera
Mar 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Summary from Goodreads

Echo Ridge is small-town America. Ellery's never been there, but she's heard all about it. Her aunt went missing there at age seventeen. And only five years ago, a homecoming queen put the town on the map when she was killed. Now Ellery has to move there to live with a grandmother she barely knows.

The town is picture-perfect, but it's hiding secrets. And before school even begins for Ellery, someone's declared open season on homecoming, promising to make it as dan
Azrah
Well. That ending was...underwhelming. I am severely disappointed : /
Review to come.
_____
I need me some YA mystery AKA Riverdale vibes . So ready to dive into this. I've got the popcorn ready 😌
  • The Lying Woods
  • The Vanishing Stair (Truly Devious, #2)
  • You Owe Me a Murder
  • Hope and Other Punchlines
  • The Truth Beneath the Lies
  • Deadfall
  • Famous in a Small Town
  • Little White Lies (Debutantes, #1)
  • My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life
  • The Missing Season
  • Love à la Mode
  • The Cheerleaders
  • The Rest of the Story
Hi, and thanks for stopping by my Goodreads page! I don't visit this site often, so the best way to reach me is via my website at www.karenmcmanus.com, or on Twitter, where I'm @writerkmc.

------

Karen M. McManus is the author of the New York Times and international bestselling young adult novels One of Us Is Lying and Two Can Keep a Secret. Her work has been translated into 39 languages worldwide.
“Ezra watches them leave with a bemused expression, then turns to me. “I have a really strong feeling that on Wednesdays, they wear pink.” 3 likes
“What date was the car brought in, again?” “August thirty-first,” she says. “August thirty-first.” I repeat. My skin prickles, every nerve twitching. Ezra tilts his head. “Why do you look like you just swallowed a grenade?” “Because we came in from LA the night before that. August thirtieth, remember? The hailstorm. The night Mr. Bowman was killed in a hit-and-run.” Nobody says anything for a second, and I tap the paper Mia is holding. “Front of vehicle damage due to unknown impact?” 0 likes