Start by marking “Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)

Violent Delights

(White Monarch #1)

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego,
Published March 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Violent Delights, please sign up.
Vai hmm I'm probably not the best person to answer you but, I think in fictions or novels (especially the ones titled as "dark contemporary romance "of…morehmm I'm probably not the best person to answer you but, I think in fictions or novels (especially the ones titled as "dark contemporary romance "of some sort), all involve around love... . They will always depict love or a love story (thats the center of those books genre). Not that it romanticized cartel/their violence, because its not the main point or focus of the book. Those books may show us a love story where not everything is "rose", and in this case the love story is even more complex, due to violence, power, death & so on...
(less)

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

ONE GIRL CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO BROTHERS!

Book 1
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'd do anything to escape. I vowed not to leave
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
I signed up for an early copy of this book for two reasons. One, Jessica Hawkins is a new "to me" author, and I have set a challenge for myself this year to read many more "new" or new "to me" authors. Two, I also thought this would be a good book for my "stepping out" challenge since I am not a fan of love triangles (nor trilogies if I am being honest). Two birds with one stone as they say. (lol)

description
Needless to say, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wa
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicVIOLENT DELIGHTS: Is the first full length romance novel by new to me author J. Hawkin's in her 'White Monarch' series. Spoken mostly from Natalia's POV with one chapter each from Cristiano and Diego's POV's.

As far as mafia reads go, for me this was a slow burn, but the plot was engaging enough that it kept me glued to my ipad throughout. Mafia reads are my go to kind of reads, they offer dark, gritty, intricate plots and even though this one was slowish at the start it did pick up and moved
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 "Look What Loyalty Got Me" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-The lessons I'd learned too early in life. Trust no one. Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill. Loyalty didn't guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood. Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Natalia Cruz grew up in Mexico as the princess of the Cruz cartel. She lived a life full of wealth and status others would kill for. She was an heiress shielded from the dangers all around her. She'd been sheltered, and then as a
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I HAVE LOST MY MIND OVER THIS BOOK.

LOST.
MY.
FUCKING.
MIND.

I mean... HOLY SHIT! Holy freaking shit. This is the book of the year for me. THE #1! It barreled over all of my favorites. I'm declaring it the winner. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I can't believe how good it was. I can't wrap my head around it. I mean, WHERE DID THIS STORY LINE COME FROM? It rocked me to my core. Undeniably addictive. Every word forces you to pay attention. The characters are commanding and demanding, bold and cunning, smart
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Just remember- No monster thinks of himself that way. He's just living by a different code than yours".

Talk about a delicious slow burn!! Violent delights will have you begging for more while trying to fan yourself of pure stripped down sexual tension. Add in the imminent danger, forbidden touches, and the question of who’s playing who, you’ve got yourself a heck of an introduction to a new series that is sure to make it a lasting impression.

Natalia Cruz grew up in a different world than m
Jemima

Author: Jessica Hawkins
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 19, 2019

54523870_10156590816399022_5684947733803171840_o.jpg

I'm telling you, Everything this woman touches turns to gold. I am obsessed with Jessica Hawkins books. I love every book she has ever written and Violent Delights is no different.

"I was hooked" would be me underplaying my excitement. I cannot believe how well written this book is. I felt like my brain was like a child in a candy store. I had moments where I was won
The Book Bee
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"Some things can't be taken. Some things must be given."

Yet again, another winner. SO worthy! Jessica Hawkins' words can totally make me mad in one instance, yet she has the ability to immediately soothe me with her next words. Seeing all the intricacies that are weaved so deep within this story makes me excited for the possibilities for the next two books - my head is already spinning!! I have so many thoughts running through my mind, and so many questions to correlate with th
Kim
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of those books that made me have an instant crush on a character I know very little about. That crush might have bumped up my rating from 3 to 4 stars. That being said, here are some spoilers:

(view spoiler)
NiCoLeTa E.
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
***4,25 "Look what loyalty got me!!!" stars***

"Promise you'll never come back here," I said.
"I can't."

Honestly, i don't know how to start this review!!! Since last night, I'm thinking about what to say about this book!!! And I still don't know...
"Violent delights" is an antsy story... Wonderful, but dark... A story that is gonna make you question everything, especially where the loyalties of these persons are lying...
This was a book about organized crime, which genre i love fiercely!!!
It's a
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐ Stars!

Fantastic storyline !!
Brittany
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

3.5 Stars!!

“This is a game, Natalia, and you have to play—or you’ll lose. Learn your lesson should someone care enough to teach you. And never doubt that you are a prize to hold tight.”

Natalia is a princess among criminals. In the De la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. It just so happens to be a war between brothers, and she is the prize.

“She is mine.” Three words from two different men.
A life, future, and love I don’t get to choose.

A
Carlene Inspired
Another day, another review deleted. I might stop reviewing on GR if this continues.

Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

I struggle to write this review after the fifth night of dreaming I am Natalia and I am in the difficult position of being stuck in the middle of a war. The conflicting emotions, the betrayal, the love, the lust, the fear, weigh heavily on me when I open my eyes each morning. I was not only caught up in the story, I am now living it in my sleep. Violent Delights is,
Jessica Hawkins
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Available Now! Violent Delights is here, and it's: heart-stopping. Jaw-dropping. Lip-biting. Start this new series that's fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of steam—plus all the angst you expect from me. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

“Hands down the BEST book I have read this year…6 million stars!”—Angie’s Dreamy Reads

Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

On a whim, I decided to sign up to read this because despite my savage hatred towards love triangles, I have an unhealthy obsession with dark cartel and mafia romances. Watching the intricacies weave together into an intriguing and captivating narrative leaves me undeniably ecstatic for all the sordid possibilities—my he
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I hesitated to read this story because I'm not a big mafia/cartel fan, however, I am a big fan of Jessica Hawkins so I decided to give it a go.

Luckily, it was quite interesting. A triangle that's not quite a triangle. A young woman who thinks she knows what she wants but does she? And two brothers who aren't what they seem or are they? Yes, it's all rather confusing.

Since this is the first story in the trilogy it has a lot of world building. We get to know about Natalia's family and how
Elle Kennedy
Available Now! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Sarina Bowen
Whoa. The ARC fairy brought me something totally different from Jessica Hawkins. I can't wait to see what happens! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Read
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Violent Delights (White Monarch #1)
By: Jessica Hawkins
4.5 Stars!!!

Wow!! Just WOW!!! Jessica Hawkins has set us up for quite the ride with this first book in the White Monarch series! I bit my nails and twirled my hair nervously while devouring page after page of this great book!!!

Trust no one.
Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill.
Loyalty didn’t guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood.
Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Natalia is the mafia princess. Her family has taken
-S♡
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 6-stars, favorites
★6 Stars! Violent Delights... Is
my new obsession and by far one of the best and most memorable books I have read this year! It's complex, gripping, intense and twisted, powerful and deceptive, dark, dangerous and sinful!
Rating: { ★★★★★★ }
“This is a game, Natalia, and you have to play—or you’ll lose. Learn your lesson should someone care enough to teach you. And never doubt that you are a prize to hold tight”

description

“The truth is in you like a heart. Like blood in your veins. Like bones”

Ohh, how I fell
K. Bromberg

Brittany
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it

3.5 Stars!!

“She is mine.” Three words from two different men.
A life, future, and love I don’t get to choose.
Betul
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

I absolutely love the cover of this book, and the blurb piqued my interest immensely. I have read a lot of romance books featuring organized crime groups, and some of them I ended up loving and others were a bit of a letdown. It started getting harder and harder to discover new gems in this subgenre. I am happy to announce that I really enjoyed Violent Delights. This was mainly because of the intriguing characters and plot, and especially Cristian
Chayo
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beyond 5 Stars!

Jessica Hawkins is one of my favorite authors...I say this because she never fails to disappoint me! She's not called the Queen of Angst for nothing. And Violent Delights is proof of that!

This is book 1 of the White Monarch trilogy.
There's intrigue, mystery, power plays, deception, loyalties are tested, doubt and confusion, love, and then there's a growing passion! But there is so much more than that I can't describe because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Read it to find out
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am literally in dangerous love with this book.

THE ACTION.

THE SUSPENSE.

THE WHO CAN I TRUST.

THE LOYALTY.

FAMILIA.

THE LUST.

THE LOVE.

I devoured this story. Jessica brings it so hard with this born into drug lord story.

You start this book with little girl Natalia walking into her parents bedroom with one of her “childhood friends” pretty much standing over her mother’s dead body. That’s just an appetizer of who can i truly trust. What really did happen?!. Natalia grew up with these two frie
Berry ♡ Nice
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm so happy and super beyond excited for the rest of this series.
This book was an amazing introduction of all the characters. Many characters and especially Diego, Natalia and Cristiano.

I did NOT expect what I got from this story #Great Yes, I was stoked to read it and once I found myself in their world I couldn't turn away. The setting in Mexico was a nice change. Jessica Hawkins IMO did an amazing job with the Spanish that is used throughout.

“Once a man gets a taste of power, his need for
Book Maniac Forever

5 "Mariposita" Stars
I’m utterly speechless! I’m still in shock from this enthralling story. Violent Delights marks the start of the White Monarch Trilogy and from just this first novel, we’re in for a wild ride. Jessica Hawkins seized my whole attention from the first few lines of this book until the very end! I was hooked by the sibling rivalry, manipulation, duplicity, magnetism and enigmas lurking at every page.

"Believe me when I say, if Diego's and my roles were reversed, I would hol
Rachel Dyken

☾☆ Nikki. ✿
So so good!!
I had high hopes for this book and it did not disappoint.
Book two needs to be here right now :D
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
A sweeping tale of tumultuous love, set against the backdrop of vicious world of Mexican cartels. They're bloodthirsty people low on tolerance of betrayals and treason.
A heady saga of power hungry men and what they won't sacrifice to grab it. Love...Life....Loyalty!!
“Once a man gets a taste of power, his need for it surpasses hunger. It’s a sickness that demands more.”

description

Dark grey clouds of murder and treachery hang low and growling over the entire cast of characters.
Each character suffers and I
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Just One Week
  • Red Hot Winter
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • Only Work, No Play
  • Million Dollar Devil
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • When August Ends
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn #2)
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Hear Me Now
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • The Son & His Hope
  • Iron Trophy

White Monarch (3 books)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarc, #3)