Start by marking “Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)

Violent Delights

(White Monarch #1)

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego,
310 pages
Published March 18th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Violent Delights, please sign up.
Vai hmm I'm probably not the best person to answer you but, I think in fictions or novels (especially the ones titled as "dark contemporary romance "of so…morehmm I'm probably not the best person to answer you but, I think in fictions or novels (especially the ones titled as "dark contemporary romance "of some sort), all involve around love... . They will always depict love or a love story (thats the center of those books genre). Not that it romanticized cartel/their violence, because its not the main point or focus of the book. Those books may show us a love story where not everything is "rose", and in this case the love story is even more complex, due to violence, power, death & so on...
(less)

Start your review of Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sweeping tale of tumultuous love, set against the backdrop of vicious world of Mexican cartels. They're bloodthirsty people low on tolerance of betrayals and treason.
A heady saga of power hungry men and what they won't sacrifice to grab it. Love...Life....Loyalty!!
“Once a man gets a taste of power, his need for it surpasses hunger. It’s a sickness that demands more.”

description

Dark grey clouds of murder and treachery hang low and growling over the entire cast of characters.
Each character suffers and
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description
I signed up for an early copy of this book for two reasons. One, Jessica Hawkins is a new "to me" author, and I have set a challenge for myself this year to read many more "new" or new "to me" authors. Two, I also thought this would be a good book for my "stepping out" challenge since I am not a fan of love triangles (nor trilogies if I am being honest). Two birds with one stone as they say. (lol)

description
Needless to say, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and I'd be lying if I didn't say I w
Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I HAVE LOST MY MIND OVER THIS BOOK.

LOST.
MY.
FUCKING.
MIND.

I mean... HOLY SHIT! Holy freaking shit. This is the book of the year for me. THE #1! It barreled over all of my favorites. I'm declaring it the winner. It was OUT OF THIS WORLD. I can't believe how good it was. I can't wrap my head around it. I mean, WHERE DID THIS STORY LINE COME FROM? It rocked me to my core. Undeniably addictive. Every word forces you to pay attention. The characters are commanding and demanding, bold and cunning, smart
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic VIOLENT DELIGHTS: Is the first full length romance novel by new to me author J. Hawkin's in her 'White Monarch' series. Spoken mostly from Natalia's POV with one chapter each from Cristiano and Diego's POV's.

As far as mafia reads go, for me this was a slow burn, but the plot was engaging enough that it kept me glued to my ipad throughout. Mafia reads are my go to kind of reads, they offer dark, gritty, intricate plots and even though this one was slowish at the start it did pick up and
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
5 "Look What Loyalty Got Me" Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

-The lessons I'd learned too early in life. Trust no one. Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill. Loyalty didn't guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood. Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Natalia Cruz grew up in Mexico as the princess of the Cruz cartel. She lived a life full of wealth and status others would kill for. She was an heiress shielded from the dangers all around her. She'd been sheltered, and then a
Jen
**** 4.5 Stars!!!!****

What a fabulous read this first book was!!! This is the beginning of what promises to be an intense trilogy! There are so many secrets floating around in these characters lives, I was on edge for the whole time I was reading this first instalment!
As for Natalia, she was a heroine that kind of irritated me at times. I felt she was a bit reckless considering the potential danger that surrounds her life. Her Father is the head of a major cartel in Mexico... I felt like she sho
EmBibliophile
Nov 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Such an engaging book that had my complete attention. I couldn’t put it down. I think this might be one of the best mafia romances I’ve ever read. The writing was really good and captivating. The pacing was perfect for me. It was such an awesome slow-burn without being boring.

The only reason why I rated this lower than I intended to, is because of how the heroine annoyed the hell out of me. I just couldn’t get over how naive and stupid she was. Hopefully we will see a character develo
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Just remember- No monster thinks of himself that way. He's just living by a different code than yours".

Talk about a delicious slow burn!! Violent delights will have you begging for more while trying to fan yourself of pure stripped down sexual tension. Add in the imminent danger, forbidden touches, and the question of who’s playing who, you’ve got yourself a heck of an introduction to a new series that is sure to make it a lasting impression.

Natalia Cruz grew up in a different world tha
Sentranced Jem

Author: Jessica Hawkins
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 19, 2019

54523870_10156590816399022_5684947733803171840_o.jpg

I'm telling you, Everything this woman touches turns to gold. I am obsessed with Jessica Hawkins books. I love every book she has ever written and Violent Delights is no different.

"I was hooked" would be me underplaying my excitement. I cannot believe how well written this book is. I felt like my brain was like a child in a candy store. I had
Treena
The Book Bee
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW: 4+ STARS
"Some things can't be taken. Some things must be given."

Yet again, another winner. SO worthy! Jessica Hawkins' words can totally make me mad in one instance, yet she has the ability to immediately soothe me with her next words. Seeing all the intricacies that are weaved so deep within this story makes me excited for the possibilities for the next two books - my head is already spinning!! I have so many thoughts running through my mind, and so many questions to correlate with
NiCoLeTa E. {Addicted To Books}
***4,25 "Look what loyalty got me!!!" stars***

"Promise you'll never come back here," I said.
"I can't."

Honestly, i don't know how to start this review!!! Since last night, I'm thinking about what to say about this book!!! And I still don't know...
"Violent delights" is an antsy story... Wonderful, but dark... A story that is gonna make you question everything, especially where the loyalties of these persons are lying...
This was a book about organized crime, which genre i love fiercely!!!
It
Kim
This is one of those books that made me have an instant crush on a character I know very little about. That crush might have bumped up my rating from 3 to 4 stars. That being said, here are some spoilers:

(view spoiler)
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 ⭐️ Stars!

Fantastic storyline !!
Brit Andrews
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was ok
Sometimes I read a book because I like the cover and it works out and I like the book... this time... not so much...

I did not dislike this book actually the story was perfectly fine the biggest problem in the whole book was Natalia. I’ve never seen somebody so painfully naïve and ridiculous in my life. If you’re looking for a strong female character then keep looking cause it’s not her. It’s just baffling how someone who grew up in a CARTEL can be so naïve and recklessly stupid. Just makes no se
Carlene Inspired
Another day, another review deleted. I might stop reviewing on GR if this continues.

Find this review and others at Carlene Inspired.

I struggle to write this review after the fifth night of dreaming I am Natalia and I am in the difficult position of being stuck in the middle of a war. The conflicting emotions, the betrayal, the love, the lust, the fear, weigh heavily on me when I open my eyes each morning. I was not only caught up in the story, I am now living it in my sleep. Violent Delights is,
Brittany
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-star-reads

3.5 Stars!!

“This is a game, Natalia, and you have to play—or you’ll lose. Learn your lesson should someone care enough to teach you. And never doubt that you are a prize to hold tight.”

Natalia is a princess among criminals. In the De la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. It just so happens to be a war between brothers, and she is the prize.

“She is mine.” Three words from two different men.
A life, future, and love I don’t get to choose.

A
thi
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok
you know those times where nothings really happening to antagonize you but you’re still annoyed, ok that’s me with this book

this is a very-long-prologue type book imo, nothing really happens and what does happen could’ve been summarized in a page

Natalia is a doormat type heroine which is unfortunate, you’ve got the “nice” brother (7 year age gap) and the “bad” brother (14 YEAR AGE GAP???) ,,,,, gee I wonder what happens

ehh

1.5/5
Rochelle | Rochelle Reads ♡

On a whim, I decided to sign up to read this because despite my savage hatred towards love triangles, I have an unhealthy obsession with dark cartel and mafia romances. Watching the intricacies weave together into an intriguing and captivating narrative leaves me undeniably ecstatic for all the sordid possibiliti
HeartBreaker
Mar 31, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
The blurb was appealing to me,but let me tell you honestly:The blurb is the only thing that was worth reading when it comes to this book.

It did started good for me.The first chapter was really good,but then it just became to boring.
Everything was so much boring.Especially the characters.
The plot went to hell at some point and my attention came to life only at the end...but I'm not sure whether I'll be picking up the next book.
And there is one thing that good on my nerves really bad...the love tr
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ⭐'s

I hesitated to read this story because I'm not a big mafia/cartel fan, however, I am a big fan of Jessica Hawkins so I decided to give it a go.

Luckily, it was quite interesting. A triangle that's not quite a triangle. A young woman who thinks she knows what she wants but does she? And two brothers who aren't what they seem or are they? Yes, it's all rather confusing.

Since this is the first story in the trilogy it has a lot of world building. We get to know about Natalia's family and how
Sarina Bowen
Whoa. The ARC fairy brought me something totally different from Jessica Hawkins. I can't wait to see what happens! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Complex, twisty, angsty, unputdownable…6 million stars!”—Angie’s Dreamy Reads

Jessica Hawkins
Mar 19, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Available Now! Violent Delights is here, and it's: heart-stopping. Jaw-dropping. Lip-biting. Start this new series that's fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of steam—plus all the angst you expect from me. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

“Hands down the BEST book I have read this year…6 million stars!”—Angie’s Dreamy Reads

AmazonApple BooksGoogle PlayNookKobo

Dora Koutsoukou
2,5 🤔🤔⭐️s

This part was so lengthy, just filling most of the pages with a very irritating, clueless and tiring Natalia who was in love with Diego, a great manipulator and very sneaky ungrateful person.
It was really exhausting going round and round and never anyone asked straightforwardly, What Exactly Happened The Night of Natalia”s Mother Murder???
Of course I was happy with the appearance of Cristiano, but I had enough with that love triangle and the story’s predictability that I don’t think I
che
Mar 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i like this author's writing style, but . . .

this was so uneventful. literally all the action here could've fit in like the first five chapters of a book.

natalia is the usual mafia-romance-heroine: the feisty chick that easily gets swayed. there's a love triangle between her and the "good" older brother and the "bad" older brother (who's like 14 years older oof). honestly, y'all know who she's gonna end up with, like c'mon.

but i love mafia romances, despite how messy they are, and i feel like i'
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

I absolutely love the cover of this book, and the blurb piqued my interest immensely. I have read a lot of romance books featuring organized crime groups, and some of them I ended up loving and others were a bit of a letdown. It started getting harder and harder to discover new gems in this subgenre. I am happy to announce that I really enjoyed Violent Delights. This was mainly because of the intriguing characters and plot, and especially Cristian
Marianne Post
I hate when a good story is ruined by stupid people.
Plainweird
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
Do you like telenovelas? because this is set as one... Not conviced I'll read the next one!
Laura Lee
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Violent Delights (White Monarch #1)
By: Jessica Hawkins
4.5 Stars!!!

Wow!! Just WOW!!! Jessica Hawkins has set us up for quite the ride with this first book in the White Monarch series! I bit my nails and twirled my hair nervously while devouring page after page of this great book!!!

Trust no one.
Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill.
Loyalty didn’t guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood.
Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Natalia is the mafia princess. Her family has taken
Elle Kennedy
Available Now! Violent Delights by Jessica Hawkins is LIVE. Start this heart-stopping, jaw-dropping, lip-biting series today. Fast-paced...slow-burn...and the perfect amount of angst & steam. Set against the dangerous backdrop of Mexican cartels, two alpha male brothers go head to head—but only one can dominate.

Complex, twisty, angsty, unputdownable…6 million stars!”—Angie’s Dreamy Reads

AmazonApple BooksGoogle PlayNookKobo

• Collateral
  • Damage
  • The Bloody Bride (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #1)
  • Principessa of Chicago (The Rocchetti Dynasty, #2)
  • Hidden Truths (Truths and Lies, #1)
  • Sweet Temptation
  • Machiavellian (Gangsters of New York, #1)
  • Mine (Ties that Bind, #1)
  • Bad Saint (All The Pretty Things #1)
  • Beautifully Cruel (Beautifully Cruel, #1)
  • Stolen Lies (Truths and Lies, #2)
  • Once a Myth (Goddess Isles, #1)
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Code of Silence
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • His (Ties That Bind, #2)
  • Twice a Wish (Goddess Isles, #2)
  • Jersey Six

White Monarch (3 books)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarch, #3)

News & Interviews

Award-winning journalist Maria Hinojosa’s highly anticipated new book, Once I Was You: A Memoir of Love and Hate in a Torn America, arrives...
“Just remember- No monster thinks of himself that way. He's just living by a different code than yours".” 2 likes
“I had run away from all this, but the devil still tempted that stupid little girl. She knew better than most what would come of that.” 0 likes