Start by marking “Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)” as Want to Read:
Violent Delights (White Monarch, #1)

Violent Delights

(White Monarch #1)

In the de la Rosa family, old grudges run deeper than loyalty, and betrayal is a three-letter word: war. But this feud isn’t between enemies. It’s between brothers. And I’m the prize.

I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'm prepared to trade for my freedom. I vowed not to leave without Diego,
Published (first published March 19th 2019)

To ask other readers questions about Violent Delights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Violent Delights

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |

ONE GIRL CAUGHT BETWEEN TWO BROTHERS!

Book 1
LIVE! | AMZ US | AMZ UK | B&N | KOBO | iBOOKS |
Blurb:
I was born a princess among criminals. An untouchable among thieves. Heiress to a life others have killed for, and one I'd do anything to escape. I vowed not to leave
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description
I signed up for an early copy of this book for two reasons. One, Jessica Hawkins is a new "to me" author, and I have set a challenge for myself this year to read many more "new" or new "to me" authors. Two, I also thought this would be a good book for my "stepping out" challenge since I am not a fan of love triangles (nor trilogies if I am being honest). Two birds with one stone as they say. (lol)

description
Needless to say, I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into and I'd be lying if I didn't say I wa
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 28, 2018 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs
(ARC provided by author)

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

super excited to start this one tonight!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Jemima
Mar 16, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc-2019
Freaking Excited!
The Book Bee
Feb 26, 2019 marked it as to-read
BRING on THE TRILOGY!!!! We have titles and release dates for Jessica's entire trilogy!!!!

TITLES ✔
RELEASE DATES ✔

Jessica Hawkins just announced that The White Monarch Trilogy will all be released this year - in it's entirety! I love the sound of the titles and look forward to the angst that is sure to be included.

Series PREORDER: https://amzn.to/2GMMj5k

• VIOLENT DELIGHTS releases on March 19th
• VIOLENT ENDS releases on June 18th
• VIOLENT TRIUMPHS releases on November 12th

SERIES TBR: http://bit
Laura- BookBistroBlog
Violent Delights (White Monarch #1)
By: Jessica Hawkins
4.5 Stars!!!

Wow!! Just WOW!!! Jessica Hawkins has set us up for quite the ride with this first book in the White Monarch series! I bit my nails and twirled my hair nervously while devouring page after page of this great book!!!

Trust no one.
Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill.
Loyalty didn’t guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood.
Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.

Natalia is the mafia princess. Her family has taken
Coco.V
Feb 20, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
GORGEOUS COVER!!! 💕💕
Chayo
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Jessica Hawkins is one of my favorite authors...I say this because she never fails to disappoint me! She’s not called the Queen of Angst for nothing. And Violent Delights is proof of that!

This is book 1 of the White Monarch trilogy.
There’s intrigue, mystery, power plays, deception, loyalties are tested, doubt and confusion, love, and there’s passion! But there is so much more that I can’t describe because I really don’t want to spoil it for anyone. Read it to find out what I mean! This book is
Shayna
Mar 17, 2019 is currently reading it
Shelves: arc-review
Rukaiya M.
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
*ARC generously provided by GIVE ME BOOKS in exchange for an honest review*

Violent Delights #1 is my first time novel by Jessica Hawkins & man, am I hooked to it. The first part is completely angst-y in its own demeanor. I chewed and bit my nails all along, touch wood. The author has crafted a violently delightful story between the cartel princess, Natalia Cruz and her suitors - Diego (the love of her life) along with his brother Cristiano (My Love). Bah xD It's the first book which leaves y
AJ's book-reMarks
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG! Jessica Hawkins has done it again! She has set up the White Monarch Series with a bang, literally, so much so it will keep you on the edge of your seat, waiting for the next line, sentence, paragraph, and chapter. The plot, the twists, the turns and the events of this story are captivating.
These are just a few of my favorite lines from the book. Happy reading, insert evil laugh!

“She is mine.” Three words from two different men. A life, future, and love I don’t get to choose.
"The ferryman
Anne Milne
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a way to kick off a new series Jessica has done it again on totally hooked. There was nothing I didn't enjoy about this story. For me mafia books have to grab you with the sense of danger and intrigue and boy oh boy does this one have it.

Natalia is the princess the prize that Diego and Cristiano are fighting over but there is more at stake. Family honour, competing cartels, murder and betrayal is present throughout the story. Who to trust who to believe Cristiano or Diego I'm not sure but
《 sofia 》
Feb 18, 2019 marked it as tbr-march-2019  ·  review of another edition
Michelle
Shelves: arcs
4.5 stars. Natalia Cruz learned early in life that blood is inevitable, family means everything and not everyone can be trusted - this comes with being a cartel princess. She also has her own memories that have clouded her thoughts since childhood, as muddled as they are. I wouldn't say that Natalia is naive, but she is most definitely impressionable, curious and stubborn. Once her mind has been made up, she is difficult to persuade otherwise, even if she doesn't have all of the information. She ...more
Sue's Romance Reviews
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dayyyum! This is one helluva must read book! It will consume you and leave you chomping at the bit for more!

Violent Delights is the first book in a trilogy and boy am I hooked!

A love triangle and betrayal leave two brothers at odds and fighting over everything including the same woman.

Natalia is somewhat young and naive but she is absolutely loyal and will do anything for those she loves.

Having seen her mother die after a violent act as a child, she now has distrust and hate for Cristiano, a man
Naadira  Moodley (BookedMercy)
Jessica Hawkins, you have officially destroyed me. This book was tragically beautiful. From the cover to the words, to the writing, to the characters and lastly to the story, everything was just so spellbinding. I am left feeling devastated yet exhilarated at the same time.

“Trust no one.
Never draw a weapon unless you meant to kill.
Loyalty didn’t guarantee loyalty, even to your own blood.
Anyone, even the most loyal disciple, could turn.”

Natalia’s life tragically changed after one night tha
Rhonda
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I tend to go into books blind. I rarely read reviews. And while I did on this one, I don’t often read blurbs. The blurb on this book got my interest up, but I really didn’t expect such a masterfully plotted book.

There were so many things about this story that had me sitting on the edge of my seat, gripping at my heart as I chewed my fingernails to shreds. From the moment I met Cristiano, I was intrigued - and considering the circumstances, I have to wonder how messed up that makes me. He was bi
Millennial Book Life Crisis - Samantha
The suspense and secrets in this story totally had me on the edge of my seat and left me with so many questions! Natalia found her mother in the end stage of her murder and came to conclusions of what happened based on what she saw in that moment; that Cristiano was responsible for the destruction and betrayal. Eleven years later she returns home and things are both the same yet different. After developing a relationship with her best friend turned boyfriend Diego, who happens to be Cristiano’s ...more
kgagnon
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg! I absolutely loved this heart pounding, beautiful story! It held me captive from the very first page and I can't stop thinking about it! This love triangle takes place in the corrupt and violent world of the Mexican Cartels, where family is everything, and loyalty, and trust is precious. Natalia was born into this life but yearns for a life of love and safety. She was young when she suffered her first heartbreaking loss. Now 11 years later, she begins to question everything she remembers an ...more
Yolanda
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It’s been a while since I’ve read a good cartel romance book and Violent Delights (Book One-White Monarch Series) fulfilled my needs. It has an addicting storyline that I couldn’t put down. The angst level is high, the suspense is killer and loyalties are tested beyond belief.

The element of mystery appealed to me and just when I thought I had the plot figured out, Ms. Hawkins showed me that things are not what they seemed. Natalia, Cristiano and Diego’s characters are a great combination of def
Alicia
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whatever style within the romance genre that Jessica Hawkins writes in, she does so with confidence and style. Violent Delights is not just a dip of the toe into the murky, violent world of cartels, but a full body immersion! From the very start this book challenges what you might expect from her writing and sets up a plot full of danger, loyalties based on blood and passion and the corruption of wealth gained through crime.
Natalia has an innocence in this world, but not unknowing. She has seen
Gladys
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Ok. To start this is book one of a trilogy, so yes, there will be a cliffhanger and I am not going to lie, it's a stunner! That all being said, this series gets off to one heck of a start. Dark, emotional and intense, this book introduces you to the characters and the story starts to unfold. With a plot that features Mexican Cartels , an unhappy Mafia Princess and brothers that are enemies, you know that you better "buckle up", because things are going to get gritty, raw, intense, emotiona ...more
MissPetiteBrunette
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cartel
A feud between two powerful brothers leaves Natalia Cruz as the prize for one! Cristiano and Diego De La Rosa were very close once until one night everything changed and they became enemies. Natalia is the princess in the Cruz Cartel. After tragedy as a child she wants to live a normal life away from the Mexican Cartel and all the death that comes with. What will happen to Natalia when a war erupts between cartels and she ends up in the middle? This was a good start and introduction to the chara ...more
Mandi Martinez
WOW!!!! Just when I think Jessica Hawkins can't get any better, she introduces us to Natalia and the world in which she lives. One fueled by uncertainty, violence, betrayal, and love. But who's love; that of her long time best friend, Diego? Or Diego's brother Cristiano, loyal soldier and protector turned outcast and being hunted for his betrayal?
This book was so well written, it had my attention from the very first page and held it throughout the entire book! I read it in one sitting, literall
Rhonda Ziglar
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY CARTEL STARS!! OMG....This book will be in my favorites for 2019. The story of Natalia, Diego and Cristiano starts out with a bang and finishes with a bang. I was on the edge of my seat all the way through with all the angst and danger. These two hot as sin brothers wanting Natalia, pulls out all their hotness and danger to win her. Wow....after 24 hours, I still can't stop thinking of this book. This is a MUST 1-CLICK book for 2019, so what are you waiting for.
Madeleine East
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, loved this amazing beginning to what promises to be an awesome series. Word for word, it sunk it's claws in me and kept my attention the entire ride. I loved all the characters but, I have to say, I was rooting for Cristiano the whole time. Just love me a bad boy. There is a cliffhanger and I will be eagerly awaiting the next book.
Elizabeth Swain
Are you ready for your next book hangover? Elizabeth @ Carolina Chic's Read

Natalia, Diego and Cristiano are in a triangle... maybe love, but definitely heartache, lies and violence! This story has started me on a ride that I know i don't want to get off of... I can't wait for the next book! What team are you #TeamDiego #TeamCristiano for #TeamNatalia? Give me more Cristiano.... now!
Paula D
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a start to a amazing series! Wow! Natalia is a mafia princess and in love with Diego her best friend and friends with his brother Cristiano. Until one night everything changes. Ahh my mind is so messed up not decided what guy I want to love. I can’t wait till the next book, it’s starting to get soo interesting.
5/5 stars
Latifa Morrisette
This book killed me. It started out with action and just leaves you gripping you heart tightly. I wish I could say more but bad things would happen if I did. I'm excited to see what is down the road for Natalia, Cristiano and Diego.
  • Luck of the Devil (Forge Trilogy, #2)
  • Tinsel (Lark Cove, #4)
  • Cruel Fortune (Cruel, #2)
  • Just One Week
  • Red Hot Winter
  • The Tiger Catcher (End of Forever, #1)
  • Only Work, No Play
  • Million Dollar Devil
  • Lust (The Elite Seven, #1)
  • My Life in Shambles
  • When August Ends
  • The Edge of Us (Crash and Burn #2)
  • What He Never Knew (What He Doesn't Know, #3)
  • Hear Me Now
  • The Hookup Handbook
  • Worth Fighting For (Warrior Fight Club, #2.5; Big Sky, #4.3)
  • The Son & His Hope
  • Iron Trophy

White Monarch (3 books)
  • Violent Ends (White Monarch, #2)
  • Violent Triumphs (White Monarc, #3)