Start by marking “the sea refuses no river” as Want to Read:
the sea refuses no river

the sea refuses no river

The journey of grief is a strange one
and one not often talked about and one not often talked about in our everyday reality of this society,
but I know what it's like to dive deep,
down to the bottom of the wreck,
feel the ribs of the wreck,
after losing a parent so young in life.

In this collection, the sea refuses no river, there is an acceptance of the pain and an accep
Published June 21st 2019 by Fly on the Wall Press

To ask other readers questions about the sea refuses no river, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about the sea refuses no river

Emma
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
It is common law that in a crisis, especially in England, a cup of tea can put the world to rights. It gives us that comfort, that hug that we need when we feel at our lowest. Drink it too quick and you risk burning your tongue but it’s worth it for that sweet warming taste that eases the damage and tells us, “It will be alright in the end, you’ll see.” This is exactly what The Sea Refuses No River embraces to the reader. These poems are dedicated to anyone who has lost a parent in their childho ...more
Emma Rowson
Aug 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
From the off, I was rather entranced by the gorgeous and unique cover and as I turned into the book and read the dedication page I was immediately choked up; ‘to anyone who has lost a parent in their childhood’. I’m a Mum of two, and so I read from a parent’s point of view, imagining my own young children having to feel and deal with these emotions.
Collectively, the poems seem to cover great time and distance – to read, they felt big, international even, but for me, the most emotive poems were
Cheryl M-M
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Poetry is art, and in a way it isn't very different from the world of paintings or sculptures. Each of us relates to the images or words in a completely individual way and that includes any response we may or may not have.

With poetry, as with reading in general, the response can be quite visceral. The conjuring up of images, situations and emotions. All through our own frame of reference.

The two poems I connected with the most were Deep Fire and Seeker. I think it will be interesting to see, hea
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviews can be found at sarahsvignettes.wordpress.com

The Sea Refuses No River is a poetry collection looking at the many aspects of grief. When I was approached about taking part in the blog tour, I was in two minds about signing up to it. Having lost my dad 18 months ago, I wondered whether I would be ready. I needn't have worried as these poems are beautiful and quite comforting.

Each poem in The Sea Refuses No River is an emotional and honest response to the thoughts and feelings we experienc
Haley Renee The Caffeinated Reader
Jun 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: earcs, poetry
I have always had a soft spot for poetry, and though it's nice to read love poems, romantic ones at that, I think that poetry spans so much more and offers a sort of comfort for almost any situation. In this collection, Rivers takes the reader on a journey of grief and healing, in this case it is the loss of her own Father which resonates in her poetry. There's always something missing in you after you've lost someone you've cared for and sometimes talking to others helps but seeing words from s ...more
Dane Cobain
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
There was some good stuff here that makes it worth checking out. Thought-provoking modern poetry.

Hayley