Start by marking “The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)

The Bromance Book Club

(Bromance Book Club #1)

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  29,230 ratings  ·  5,893 reviews
The first rule of book club: You don't talk about book club.

Nashville Legends second baseman Gavin Scott's marriage is in major league trouble. He’s recently discovered a humiliating secret: his wife Thea has always faked the Big O. When he loses his cool at the revelation, it’s the final straw on their already strained relationship. Thea asks for a divorce, and Gavin real
Published November 5th 2019 by Berkley

·  29,230 ratings  ·  5,893 reviews

Start your review of The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
jessica
Mar 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
this story is cute, funny, heartwarming, a tad bit steamy, and a realistic portrayal of what it means to work to save a marriage. i really enjoy when a book is pure entertainment, but can also teach value life lessons in the process. and i didnt expect such depth from this story, but its what i got and i couldnt be happier.

and while i did enjoy the story, i was really impressed with the writing. the pacing is phenomenal and there is no wasted page, no wasted scene. everything has a purpose and,
Warda
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Warda by: ✨ A ✨
Reread x2.
Still as perfect as I remembered it to be.

———————————

“Book Boner.”

Introducing: my new favourite bookish phrase!

This book was the one! My emotional state is in a frenzy right now. THIS WAS SO GOOD!!!

All you need to know is that it’s a book-club starring all dudes, who read romance novels to help them understand the women in their lives better. The relationship these men had between them was so awesome and full of humour and support! It was such a great bromance!

The story was adorable
preoccupiedbybooks
Miranda Reads
Jan 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, owned
description

I can't help my addiction...aka here's a video tierlisting all my January Books. Now that you know where this one stands, check out the video to see the rest!

The Written Review:

“We call them manuals.”
Gavin Scott, second baseman to the Nashville Legends, seems to have it all under control.

His career has taken off like crazy, he has a gorgeous wife and two twin daughters - everything is coming up aces...or is it?

He loses his cool when he learn
Tucker  (TuckerTheReader)

The romance genre has its problems which I discussed in my latest booktube video that you can click here to watch) but there are occasionally books like these that break down the problematic tropes.

Skip to 9:44 to here my thoughts on this specific book and what it does to push back against problems with the romance genre.

------------

AHHHHHHHH

IT'S STILL SO GOOD

also Liv sucks

------------

AND AWAY WE GOOOOOOO

aka i'm re-reading this masterpiece

-----------

Many thanks to Berkley and Edelw
Arini
Feb 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Standalone Series

#1 The Bromance Book Club — 4.5 Stars
#2 Undercover Bromance — 3.5 Stars

Huh, and people say romance books are trash . . . They obviously haven’t found the wonders inside them and need a lecture of their own from the guys at The Bromance Book Club. Am I right? XD

“We call them manuals.”

This book didn’t give me a book boner, but it did left a HUGE smile on my face and made me cackle like a madwoman in the middle of the night. LOL. I
Kaceey
A Rom Com book from a man’s perspective! Brilliant! Gather around ladies (and gentlemen)! You are going to love this!

A love story. Gavin and Thea have hit an impasse in their marriage! It all started in the bedroom, escalating off the charts from there. Ultimately ending with Gavin moving out.

Only problem is....they really love each other! I mean pure, deep-down, can’t ever see myself with anyone but you kind of love!❤️ But alas, their lines of communication have broken down and they’re on very
emma
I need a jetpack.

Ideally, actually, I would like to transform into a small bird (the best animal inarguably - if I could spend the rest of my life watching lil finches hop around and eat crumbs, that would be bliss). I would settle for a proportionate set of wings that I have on my human body if necessary.

But a jetpack seems most realistic.

Anyway, the reason that I now have the life ambitions of a more whimsical Wright Brother is this:

I’ve decided I do not want to grow up.

Yes, I’m 22 years old a
Samantha
Jun 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance

This may be a book I bump up to 5 stars depending on how it sits in my feelings. Y'all know I am a sucker for second chance romance, and this is a story between a young married couple on the verge of divorce. The husband, Gavin, is brought into the "Bromance Book Club", where a group of men all read romance novels in order to unpack their own toxic masculinity, be vulnerable, explore their feelings, and reconnect with their partners. IT IS A DELIGHT! We get both Gavin and Thea's perspec
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Might be more of a 3.5 but I'm rounding up because this was a lot of fun! I can't lie and say that it wasn't a smidge pander-y and contrived at some parts, but overall this was a really fun ride and I definitely recommend checking it out if you're interested in reading a romance about a couple staying together rather than getting together. I 10000% will be carrying on with the series!
Whitney Atkinson

When I went into this book, I was crossing my fingers that the execution of it and the writing style matched how great the synopsis was. I'm so glad the book held up to how good it sounds, and it's definitely a memorable romance I'll be recommending!

My primary concern about this book was that since it's about a married couple with kids, I wouldn't be able to relate to it or enjoy it since they're several years ahead of me on the maturity scale. Attached to that, I was hoping this wouldn
Debra
Dec 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edelweiss

Dude!

The Bromance Book Club is everything you have heard it is - fun, sexy, heartwarming and addictive. I didn't want to put this book down! This is Rom-Com done right! A book from the male perspective!

Sometimes love isn't enough. Especially when you find out your wife has been faking the big "O" and you flip out which gets you kicked out, so you walk out, and decide you want back in, but she is not having that. Whew! What's a guy to do? Turns out Gavin's friends know exactly what to d
Larry H
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Bromance Book Club is adorable, sweet, and sexy, giving a new twist to the rom-com. This one was definitely lots of fun!

Gavin Scott should be on top of the world. He’s a star for the Nashville Legends, a Major League Baseball team, he’s playing really well, and he has a beautiful wife and adorable twin daughters. But things between him and his wife, Thea, haven’t been good for a while, and she just kicked him out of the house, saying she wants a divorce.

But Gavin’s teammate and best frie
Norma
Holy Shooty Balls! This was one amusing, sweet, and sexy rom-com that I absolutely fell in love with….it was love at first page!! I was cherishing and revelling in every single word written, not wanting it to end.

THE BROMANCE BOOK CLUB (Bromance Book Club #1) by LYSSA KAY ADAMS is an engaging, delightful, fun, witty, adorable, lighthearted, romantic, and brisk read that was so darn good and so refreshing to read. I was smitten with these characters, laughed out loud numerous times, and had a per
Gabby
This book is so stinking cute!!!!!!! I wasn't expecting to like this one as much as I did because I'm not usually a fan of second chance romance, but this book was everything. It follows a baseball player Gavin Scott who is having problems in his marriage and him and his wife are on the brink of divorce, so he joins the "Bromance Book Club" which consists of Nashville's 'top alpha men' and they read romance novels in order to understand women better. Gavin joins in the hopes he will be
chan ☆
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was pretty damn good, even for a trad published romance ;)

the premise of the book is that this MLB player has "lost" his wife in a sense... and the fact that he's never given her an orgasm is a big part of that. other guys on his team apparently has suffered similarly so they've formed a book club to read romances to learn how to reconnect with their wives/gf/whatever and COMMUNICATE.

i'll start by saying that i typically do not like second chance romances. i'm a pretty forgiving person in
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Hero gets love advice from bro’s and books.

I didn’t really know what to expect from this book. I knew it was a romantic comedy because of the premise, But I wasn’t sure if the story would be any good aside from the inherent hilarity of a bunch of guys reading and talking about romance novels. To tell the truth, that premise did lead to a few laugh out loud one liners and quotable sections of the book. The storyline was good as well.

This was a book about a marriage in trouble with one of the part
Yun
Jan 23, 2020 rated it liked it
The Bromance Book Club has quite the interesting premise. Men who are experiencing trouble in their relationships read romance novels together to better understand their women and what they want, with the ultimate goal of building stronger relationships. Gavin is in this exact position. He and his wife Thea are having trouble in their marriage, and he will do anything to save them.

There's a lot that I liked in here. Gavin is a sweet and well-meaning husband, though a little clueless and makes a
Susanne  Strong
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: buddy-read, edelweiss
5 Fabulous and Fun Stars.

Men who read romance novels to save their ailing marriages? What a novel idea!

The First Rule of Book Club:
You don’t Talk about Book Club.

When Gavin’s wife Thea asks for a divorce, Gavin is devastated. She is the love of his life and their little family makes him the happiest man in the world. When his teammates suggest that he join them at Book Club for a “lesson,” he gets a lot more than he bargained for - including a way to get his wife back.

“The Bromance Book Club” s
Jul 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
I had heard lots of good things about this book and I wanted to see if they were all true -and they are!

At first I wasn't into the book for some reason. I put it away for a few days and the picked it up again and then... we clicked. I can't pinpoint exactly what part I was reading that had me rolling my eyes and laughing at the same time but it was great.

Reading about this men trying to be better husbands and men in general by reading romance novels and working on their toxic traits was an expe
EmBibliophile
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 4-stars

After hesitating for so long, I’m glad I finally picked this book up! It was so sweet and cute as hell!

"You guys read romance novels?”
“We call them manuals.”

Unfortunately, the reason for my hesitation is the same as why I didn’t give this a five star. Thea. I tried. I really tried to get over how I feel about her, but I couldn’t. I mean, there are problems? Talk about them honey! I didn’t like how she handled everything from the beginning. It was annoying and frustrating how she was co
peachygirl
Jun 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
Aug-26: Rereading this till I can get my hands on book 3 😌

***

10 pages in and I knew I was gonna love this book when the Bromance Book Club (or BBC boys, as I like to call them) claimed they didn't help cheaters and stood up for Pumpkin spice latte.

"If masses of women like something, our society automatically begins to mock them. Just like romance novels. If women like them, they must be a joke, right?”

Imagine what a great place the world would be if all bros took a stance and stopped enabling
Berit☀️✨
The first rule of book club:
You don't talk about book club.

Lyssa Kay Adams has hit a homerun with this fun and clever story. This was a second chance romance with a unique angle. A married couple on the brink of divorce trying to heal (well at least Gavin was). Gavin is a big-time professional baseball player who is hitting grand slams on the field and striking out in the bedroom. After the game of his life Gavin discovers that his wife of three years Thea has been faking it. Gavin’s ego an
✨ A ✨
Second chance romance and a book club for guys who are trying to repair their relationships by reading romance novels ‹-- that alone made me read this book 😂

description

Famous baseball player Gavin Scott, has screwed up his marriage. He let his pride and fear push away the love of his life. When his wife asks for a divorce, Gavin knows he won't give up was and needs help to win her heart and trust back.

And so that's where the Bromance book club comes in.

A group of men, who have all found themselves in th
Jonetta
Gavin Scott is the second baseman for the Nashville Legends pro baseball team and his marriage is in trouble. He recently discovered that his wife Thea has faked having orgasms with him, all but one, and he didn’t handle it well. Not realizing this was just a symptom of bigger problems, Gavin’s reaction was the proverbial straw that broke their fragile relationship. Now he’s desperate to get his family back and when he’s approached by some of his biggest alpha team members about joining their se ...more
elena
Aug 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, 2020
I LOVED THIS SO MUCH

ONE OF THE BEST CONTEMPORARY ADULT ROMANCES IVE READ

✧ a broken marriage
✧ a book club made of men who read romance novels to fix their relationship and help themselves specifically
✧ two cute twin daughters
✧ a protective sister who wants the best for her older sister that you may or may not hate but it really depends on how you take her
✧ a big guy named mack who literally thinks toxic masculinity needs to end !!!
✧ mack loves pumpkin spice lattes and thinks its sad how men fee
Corina
Not exactly a debut novel, but definitely a new, and fresh take on a second chance romance. A unique story with an engaging plot, The Bromance Book Club was a solid performance by the author.

Who doesn't like a second chance love story. Especially if the couple is married, with kids and the husband is fighting for another chance. I really have been enjoying this trope lately. A romance about a married couple adds another layer to a second chance story. Clearly there is more on the line, including
Shelby *trains flying monkeys*
I been blabbing to everyone about this book.

Major league baseball guy Gavin Scott is about to lose his marriage to Thea. He is devastated and doesn't want the divorce. So his macho guy friends come to the rescue. In one of the most inventive ways that I've seen in a book.

Don't talk about book club though. What happens in book club stays in book club.

Lord Whatever His Name Was will come to the rescue as Gavin's studies the Regency romance that his bro's have assigned for him to read.
Toni
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2019
Heart-warming... It's great to know, or rather have a bookish confirmation of something I have always believed in, there are good men out there, who care about their families, wives and children, to the extent of doing whatever it takes to make their marriage work. Even if it is reading a Regency romance book.

I absolutely adored the characters in this sweet rom-com. Gavin is a professional baseball player who spends a lot of time travelling for work. Thea, his wife of three years, is understanda
Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews
I didn't want this one to end! Did I just say that?

Super hot diggity dang! That was a Grand Slam for me and left me cheering and dancing after reading this one. I am always a bit nervous starting romance/women fiction books because I have a heart of stone and my eyes can get a little workout with the rolling when I read some. They can be a hit or miss for me. Lyssa Kay Adams knocked it out of the park here for me. Maybe that heart of mine is softening up.

Lyssa Kay Adams creates an unquie, swee

• Get a Life, Chloe Brown (The Brown Sisters, #1)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Beach Read
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Take a Hint, Dani Brown (The Brown Sisters, #2)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • You Deserve Each Other
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Tweet Cute
  • A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe (The Wyoming Cowboy #3)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
Lyssa Kay Adams is the pen name of an award-winning journalist who gave up the world of telling true stories to pen emotional romances. She’s also a diehard Detroit Tigers fan who will occasionally cheer for the Red Sox because her husband is from Boston.

Lyssa lives in Michigan with her family and an anxiety-ridden Maltese who steals food and buries it around the house and who will undoubtedly be

Bromance Book Club (3 books)
  • Undercover Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #2)
  • Crazy Stupid Bromance (Bromance Book Club, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Lyssa Kay Adams' new romantic comedy, The Bromance Book Club , is about an all-male book club determined to find their own HEAs.
“Don’t be ashamed for liking them. The backlash against the PSL [Pumpkin Spice Latte] is a perfect example of how toxic masculinity permeates even the most mundane things in life. If masses of women like something, our society automatically begins to mock them. Just like romance novels. If women like them, they must be a joke, right?” 45 likes
25 likes