Start by marking “Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)” as Want to Read:
Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)

Mate

(Forbidden Desires #3)

Spitfire Disgrace Matthieu Boudreaux has one wish: to age out of the Pedigree he despises, then destroy it. With one year left before he achieves the first step of his goal, Matthieu finally has some hope for an independent future… until a surly Amethyst dragon by the name of Geoffrey Drake and his entourage show up at Matthieu’s cloister and inform him he’s been selected ...more
Published February 17th 2019

Start your review of Mate (Forbidden Desires, #3)
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio- 5++++++ Stars! Michael Ferraiuolo out did himself. His performance of 6 + accents and too many personality types to count, was beyond OUTSTANDING! Gifted, talented etc...doesn't begin to describe Michael Ferraiuolo as a narrator.

Story 3.5 Stars.

Fun, fun, fun, story! The peacocks were hilarious. And I was super grateful for every scene that included Harry! 😍😍😍
Lorraine Lesar
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A re-read 4.75* Eggexceptional read.

In these taxing times, what’s better than losing yourself in some of your favourite books and this whole Series brought me joy. Bond (book 2) will always be my absolute favourite, but all books were eggfabulous.
This was my original review -

EggMuffinFabulous.
I was wrong. The authors were right. This worked!
It shouldn’t have - a dragon ménage, whoops, sorry, I stand corrected. Not a dragon ménage - a Dragon Polybond!
This was a big surprise, it shocked not only
Shin Mon Thway
It is me and not the book. I usually stay away from ménage because for me, I very rarely feel like they are equal. 🙂 I loved the heck out of the first two books in the series but when I found out the third one I’m dying to read was a ménage, it really made me hesitant to read this one. And that’s why it took me this long to get to this one. 🤷‍♀️

I enjoy ménage when I feel like all partners are on equal ground. For example, M.A. Innes’ puppy play series. That one was spectacular. For example, in
Len Evans Jr
This is my favorite of the series thus far... it just totally had everything. Three incredible MCs, lots of humor, incredibly hot sexy times, lots of old friends from books one and two showing up as well as a lot of new interesting people throughout the book. I do think that it started a bit slow, but once it picked up I was totally hooked, so much so I stayed up till 2am last night reading it. I was happy to read in the notes at the end of this book that the authors are planning for more set in ...more
DarienMoya
I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! This is one of the best series I’ve read this year and these books are going on my favourites TBR.

The Narration: Y’all already know how much I love Michael Ferraiuolo and I’m gonna say his talent is superb and I do NOT exaggerate. This man is able to take a scene with 10+ characters and transport you right into the scene and all with unique accents (and I do mean accents). He is by far the greatest narrator hands down and that’s on period.

DRAGONS RULE!! #TeamAmethyst #Team
Eugenia
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook September 2019: 5 Stars!!! I simply adore this series!!!

Original ebook review: Feb 2019

Best Ménage EVER!!!

This has to be my favorite MMM book I have ever read. I’m not kidding.
ITS AMAZING!!
IT’S HAF!
FUNNY,
CUDDLY,
DRACONIAN,
FLUFFY,
EGGY,
Full of riches, secrets, love and baby dragons.

Really, what more can you ask for?

This was my FAVORITE of the series BY FAR...and I LOVED THE OTHER TWO!!!

All three MCs were amazing, but I’ve got to give it up for Ian and his amazingly dirty talk in bed. W
Barbara➰
Let me first say, I have absolutely loved this series and I honestly don't know why I put off reading it. I love these dragons and their mates.

I never really got a feel for Geoffrey in the previous books so I wasn't sure what to expect in this one. I ended up really liking him. I absolutely LOVED Ian. So freaking hot, alpha taking charge *fans self* . But, I never really cared all that much for Matthieu. I definitely warmed up to him but it was about 50% before, really the whole book, finally gr
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think this was my favorite of the three and truthfully, I am shocked and kind of don’t even know who I am right now.

Me, liking the book with the threesome the best. What?

It’s true. And it was really hot as fuck.

I normally am just so not into M/M/M romance and this one, once I found out, I thought for sure I would not like. I just could not see Geoffrey and Ian adding a third. I didn’t want them to add a third.

Gah! Really. I was so very into this.

This book wrapped everything up perfectly and ga
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Sep 21, 2019 marked it as i-m-a-quitter
Shelves: male-action
DNF @ 41%

Words.

There were waaaay too many of them.

And not the good kind. Like dialogue.

Filler. So much filler.

I was bored.

Tanu Gill
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

A really beautiful, mind-engaging world of dragons, their mates and their eggs. I cannot wait to read more books from this world. These books managed to grab my lately-ever-wandering attention and kept me hooked until I finished all three. My brain wants more!
Cadiva
Aug 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They just get better and better.

From almost dying with laughter at Everard's use of alcoholic drinks when referring to Matthieu to the massively soppy ending of this book there wasn't one but I didn't love.

I want my own dragon clutch! But what I really love about these books is the subtle message in the narrative about never dismissing someone because of birth or status.
Bookreader87(Amanda)
Topaz, amethyst & ruby

Not big on M/M/M but somehow this one worked.
Ian and Geoffrey have been having a relationship for over 100 years. Since their families are enemies, and since they are both alpha dragons, they had to keep their relationship a secret. So when Ian is picked for Harry's experiment their relationship is put in jeopardy. If Harry's theory is right, Ian will be matched with his mate. However, Mathieu is quite the surprise to both Geoffrey and Ian.
This tied up things wel
Rachel Emily
I can't even with how AMAZING and well-written and sexyhotfun, and perfect this story was! I thought that there was no way that these two authors could top the sheer perfection that was Bond with Harry and Ev (My OTP), but not only did they do that - this might be my new favorite book in the series!

I definitely recommend reading this series in order, since even though each book focuses on a new couple, there is a lot of overlap and the overall story builds and comes to the climax in this book a
Joyfully Jay
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Mate is the third book in the Forbidden Desires trilogy and the authors have really given us a fabulous final story. I have enjoyed all three books in this series, but Mate is definitely the standout. It not only pulls together the major plot threads from the first two books, but it expands upon the world building, along with giving us such a wonderful relationship between Geoffrey, Ian, and Matthieu.

While the first two books in the series overlapped a lot in time
Debra
While Bond remains my favorite in the series, I really enjoyed this final installment which wrapped up the continuing story very well and also did a good job of giving Geoffrey and Ian a HEA that I didn't expect.

I was surprised to find out that it was going to be a threesome, and frankly I did have a bit of a difficult time believing Matthieu was so easily and equally brought into Ian and Geoffrey's longtime relationship, but that was just a minor quibble that I was able to get over as thing pro
Trio
What an epic story! And by “epic” I definitely mean both how amazing it is, plus the scope this story spans. The third installment of Piper Scott and Virginia Kelly’s Forbidden Desires series, Mate is the tale of the menage relationship between two Alpha Dragons and one Pedigree omega. Definitely read Clutch and Bond before jumping into this one.

Finding out Ian has to mate with an omega, who he will most likely bond with, is terrible news. Not only for Geoffrey and Ian, both Alphas, who have bee
MishyJo
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Best of the series. I hope there’s a lot more the come. I had trouble with all of the different accents on the audiobook. IRL I have spent a good amount of time with people who speak English with heavy French accents so I’m not sure why Matthieu was particularly hard for me to understand.
Johann Shah
Story: 2/5
Main Characters: 3/5

The book seemed way too long that I started leafing through by 65%.
There are several authors that can come off with words and inner monologues, unfortunately Piper Scott and Virginia Kelly are none of them.
W.
UPDATED: audiobook review
Mate (Forbidden Desires #3) by Piper Scott

I first read or better say experienced Mate as an ebook. Found it to be a delightful, sensual , spellbinding , humorous , quirky and hot AF story.

With his spectacular narration Michael Ferraiuolo brings that experience to new highs. He gave main and secondary characters a distinctive and recognizable voice . Matching the character traits , personality and accent perfectly. It was a joy listening to his performance.

Piper Scott, Virginia Kelly and Michael Ferraiuolo
Fani *loves angst*
This was a case of love-at-first-fuck (okay, it was probably on second-fuck), that had nothing to do with love IMHO. I dislike menage and hoped this would be the book to change my mind about it, but it turned out not to be the case. Hot as it was, the feelings came so quickly and so out of the blue, that I couldn't trust them. Add in Snorre's polyamorous family which took more stage time than the rest of the Drake family, and it all became too much for me :( ...more
Ay
Apr 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Completely ridiculous! Can’t wait for the next one!

Okay, so here is the issue I have with this book...

In real life, peacocks are utterly disgusting filthy birds. My mother has them, wandering around her gardens and outside the house. They poo constantly. Everywhere. And their shits are ENORMOUS. They also stink up the place something wicked.

Peacocks are also quite large birds, and with their tails, they take up a lot of room. Their tails are often up to 4 feet long. So I had trouble visualising
Tristan
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
dnf @ 27%

I'm going to be in a minority here but, I hate this book... and like it at the same time. There is a dynamic in a book that's an absolute hit for me, but it's being hinder by the menage which is the central of the plot. It doesn't help that I never warmed up to Matt either. I guess to be he's just an added on, a crowbar that's being forced into an already beautiful relationship. I get that the book is about the couple accepting the third. But it's hard to accept it when you see the ho
HanakaLu
Mar 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
5 ⭐️

Ooooh, I know I take a loooong time to read this book. (But you know... Life, and anime and fan fictions... It takes a lot of my time there... More so since the social isolation .. 🤷🏻‍♀️)

(And I didn’t want it end. 😭)
This books 3 is soooo good. I loved it so much ! And I can’t believe the first arc are over. (I just can’t wait to read the spin-off books.)

I’m just a lazy girl so this review will not be long, nor full. Because I’m tired (Yes, tired to be home. But take my lessons via Visio on
Lisazj1
4.5 stars! I loved this one just as much as the others, and honestly? Before I started, I was sure I wouldn’t. I read very little romance with multiple partners, and it’s even more rare that I absolutely love it. I’m not a good share-er myself, so it’s a concept that’s difficult for me to buy completely. Added to that, in the previous books, Geoffrey was the least appealing of the brothers for me. Boy did the authors fix that.

This was just as hilarious and sweet as as first two books but it also
⚣Michaelle⚣
4.5 Stars

I loved the way this was wrapped up, but OMFG the number of characters quadrupled and almost became too much. But still...SCIENCE. Harry is still amazing, Steve's clothes are entirely too adorable and I want more stories.

I'm not gonna go on FB to pitch my suggestion for who should be up next, but, just in case either author reads these reviews, please give us Reynard's story? There were several mentions of him being too "tied up" to come to the phone or attend a family meeting...and giv
Tracy
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 stars! This one was a little more serious than the other two books In this series but still very enjoyable. I didn't love it quite as much as I did Ev and Harry's book but they are a pretty unbeatable couple. Looking forward to seeing what's next! ...more
Kelly
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mate

Things I learned:

What a group of Peacocks is called (I'll let you find it.)

A/B/O politics: Where Alpha/Alpha and Omega/Omega pairings are the equivalent of modern gay couples, and typically frowned upon in this italian city-state style world government.

Favorites: Dragon shifters -- my favorite shifters in general. The author duo's talent for dry punchlines and witty banter adds depth and character to the story that many books in this genre lack, taking this series from enjoyable to memorab
UnusualChild{beppy}
4 stars

Synopsis: Matthieu is a disgrace, a human born of a dragon, who has a reproductive system. Since he was small, he has been raised in a cloister with other breeders. Their entire reason for being is to be an incubator for the dragons. Matthieu has a plan. He believes that he will age out of the program in a year or so, and he wants to go to university and argue for the rights of everyone who isn't dragon. His plans are derailed when he is conscripted by dragons to be a consort.
Geoffrey and
Bora Noona
*reread 05/10/2020
I had already read back in September of last year, but when I noticed that the cover matched the bingo thing I am doing so I decided it would be fun to re-read, especially because it got 5 starts last time and I could listen to the audio book this time. I love the dynamics of this book. m/m/m with a hint of BDSM with an older sub and a feisty omega. So much to love!
I really enjoyed the audio book because there were so many awesome accents and the narrator did a great job diffe
Daesy
(view spoiler) ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Alpha Awakened (Waking the Dragons #1)
  • A Home for Ben (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #3)
  • A Pebble for Lewis (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #1)
  • An Egg for Ansel (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #2)
  • One Bite With a Vampire (Hidden Species #2)
  • Desires (Undisclosed, #1)
  • Alpha Ablaze (Waking the Dragons #2)
  • Burning for My Prince (Meadowfall Firefighters, #1)
  • Shift (Flesh and Bone, #3)
  • A Mate for Lu (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #4)
  • A Handkerchief for Kade (Alaskan Pebble Gifters, #5)
  • The Bookmobile Baby (Nerds Who Knot #2)
  • Heel (Working Out The Kinks #2)
  • Claiming Bite (Howler Brothers, #1)
  • Sack of Gold (Welcome to Morningwood Omegaverse #4)
  • His Stepson Wears Lace (Daddy Tales #1)
  • The Mysterious and Amazing Blue Billings (Black and Blue #1)
  • Their Bounty (Four Mercenaries, #1)
Piper Scott debuted as a trio of authors looking to write together for fun. Their collaboration led to three novella-length books (Love Me, Save Me, and Keep Me,) before life sent them in different directions, leaving just one author with an omegaverse plot bunny that wouldn’t leave her alone. Obey was born several months later… but the plot bunny never left—it multiplied.

Left to her own devices,

Forbidden Desires (6 books)
  • Clutch (Forbidden Desires, #1)
  • Bond (Forbidden Desires, #2)
  • Swallow (Forbidden Desires Spin-off #1)
  • Magpie (Forbidden Desires Spin-Off #2)
  • Finch (Forbidden Desires Spin-off, #3)

News & Interviews

“what he regretted the most was not having had time to pick out his wedgie before being beset upon by two dicks.” 1 likes