Start by marking “Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)

Kit

(Carson Brothers #1)

Stay invisible. Keep people out. Avoid the pain.

That's how Eve decided to live after her family was murdered in front of her.
A year later, her love of photography was the only thing that brought her happiness.

It was going to be impossible to stay invisible when Kit, a cocky Australian classmate in her photography class, decided that his new favourite hobby wasn’t boxing
Published May 16th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kit

Start your review of Kit (Carson Brothers, #1)
Liz
★3.5★.
"The closeness of his touch destroyed me."
description

Kit is the first book in the Carson Brothers Series and a debut novel for this author. Eve is a young adult who has been through hell and is doing everything she can to pick up the pieces of her shattered life. When she meets Kit, an alpha male who is automatically drawn to her, she is completely taken by him! As the horrors of Eve's past are revealed, Kit will have the fight of his life to keep Eve by his side.

description
"I'm not sharing you."
Kit is a passionate romance th★3.5★.
Elizabeth
Spoilers

Immature hero, virgin heroine, he sleeps with her friend and the rest of the women in her class all in front of her....but she is special 🙄 slut shaming, misogynistic stereotypes etc etc this is a bad one

He also runs up to see a naked girl....just because I guess

Kit had gone upstairs with his brother to see a naked girl in his brother’s bed. Like I wasn’t even here. He didn’t care. “No fucking way!” I heard Kit shouting fro/>Kit
Jacinta - Aussie Book Nook
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to read an early copy of this book.
First of all I absolutely love finding new authors! S R Dyble has written a brilliant fast paced, exciting, sweet and sexy romance. It flows well and is easy to read, with some heart in your mouth moments.
Now if that doesn't make you want to read it then may super hot Australian men will! Lol
This does end on a cliffhanger but it is done really well and there will be more.

Do yourself a favour and get on board with S R Dyble and what she is
Paula
Jun 03, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
(view spoiler)
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This story begins with a prologue about Eve’s past. She goes through something unimaginably horrific at a young age that leaves her with terrifying nightmares and a huge piece of her identity lost. In the here and now she is attending college, living with her grandparents and has not much of a social life. She prefers to keep to herself mostly but she does have a bestie to have fun with.

When Kit walks into her photography class, he initially pays her little attention but he is a flir
Joelle
Let's start off by saying that this is a brand new author for us and we really enjoyed our first story by them.This story was filled with characters that drew you right in like those cocky playboys with those sexy Australian accents,hot men who were a bunch of playboys but, also kind and playful who loved to tease but, underneath it all their protective and deadly as sin.

I will say that at the beginning of the story Kit's cockiness was a bit much to take but, it was his way of gettin
Eileen Robinson
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star-reads, arcs
I love when i read a "New Author", I love it even more when i read a book that totally surprises and captures me so intensely that i can't set it down.
This book does end with a cliff hanger, but it's nicely done!!
Eve has dealt with a horrendous past and is now trying to find a balance in her life. A life she has promised to keep free of complications of attachments to other people. Until 3 obnoxious brothers enter her school. They might be hot and god's gift to women, but the fact that on
Lori Hammons
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the suspense and secrets revealed in Eve and Kit's story. Lots of learning about themselves and maturing along the way. Eve's fiery temper certainly keeps Kit on his toes! Looking forward to the next book.
Anne Victoria ·curlingtoesbooktalk·
This is the first book in the Carter Brothers series where we get the story about Kit (one of the brothers) and Eve.

Kit and his brother Nick were the newly enrolled guys in Eve's photography class and their first meeting was sour, making Eve hate him instantly. He was cocky and he loves teasing Eve.

Eventually, they finally got together but Eve has a past she's trying to move past to and Kit has a secret his keeping close to himself.

Initially, the characters reminds me of the Slater brothers. All hot, living together, and with secrets from the
Aly
Jun 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019
This started off pretty crazy, Eve was forced to watch her family be murdered and somehow escaped the killers. I liked that idea and was interested to see if the killers would be back to finish the job and why her family was killed in the first place. The story ended up being a lot slower than I hoped and it took a long time to get to the point of the plot. I think a chunk of the middle could have been cut out and the pacing would be better. Kit was a dick for the first part and I was with Eve i ...more
Becky Rendon
May 12, 2019 rated it liked it

I hate saying this but Kit can kiss my ass. 😒 I thought he was a jackass the entire book. Even when he was trying not to be. I couldn't get over him. I understand and suspected some of the plot twist. I totally get where the author was coming from but as a character he always seemed sleazy and unrepentant. I just couldn't immerse myself in their relationship. So the cliffhanger feels like a noose around my already frazzled neck...

I want happy. I want reformed bad
Becca
Apr 24, 2019 rated it liked it
Kit (Carson Brothers #1) is a debut book and Series for SR Dyble. Although I’m sure a lot of people like the Jerk Hero - the execution of the book just fell a little flat for me.

The beginning of the book, for a debut, just didn’t have enough story building for me. It just kinda jumped right into a strange start and I just didn’t get hooked by the characters right away, being more confused than intrigued. So from that stand point, it was hard for me to get into the book and storyline.
Anne Milne
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is the first in a new series by a debut author. I love finding new authors and this is one I will follow with interest.

Overall I enjoyed this story, what can I say I love a bad boy. At times the flow of the book was slightly stilted and then it would pick up again. I'm sure with every new book the author releases that's something that will change with experience. I liked the character of Eve but Kit just annoyed the heck out of me. As I've said I love a bad boy but the
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it
Kit is a well written debut novel that I really enjoyed.

Eve is struggling to get through each day, to live her life after her family was murdered. She vowed to never let anyone close. However she didn’t bargain on meeting Kit.

At first I didn’t like Kit but he certainly grew on me.

The chemistry between these two is hot and I loved the chat between them.

I’m looking forward to reading more from this author in the future.
Chrissy Busick
May 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such an amazing story. I absolutely loved the characters. I did feel like there were a few parts of the story I was able to predict, but that didn't take away from my enjoyment. It also felt a little slow paced for the firs half of the book or so, but then about 70% through BAM! Wow did it pick up. Can't wait to read the next book.
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Well holy shit....
I am hooked....
I couldn’t get enough of Kit....
The asshole you can’t help but love....

This is my first book by S R Dyble and will definitely not be my last. The characters each and everyone of them are so relatable and real and I fell in love with them all.

Reading Kit had me all up in tangles throughout. The book was full of so much angst that I wasn’t sure I was going to be able to survive. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop throughout rea
Samantha Grubey (ABookHaven)
May 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, arc
"I did not see the twist coming and it was bloody fabulous. I loved the twist and I really didn’t expect it. I also thought it was a very nice twist. It sent me into such a spin but so much of this twist made sense when it came to Kit. So much more of his character made sense.

Oh my god I actually need the next book, it left as a cliffhanger and I am not mentally prepared for it. But I need the next book. I can’t wait to read the next one."

Full review: https://authorsamanthajaynegrubey.wor...
Ana Laura
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it

I only really hope that this author does not make the mistake of following the trend of cheating men! It would start a career with the "left foot". The male character was already quite disgusted in his actions in the first book and prolonging that would be just disheartening. I'm hoping that there is no really cheating since my list of authors that I do not even get close to is already big enough!
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
This has been quite a roller-coaster ride. I thought this was just going to be a smitten woman’s story struggling to control her feelings for a man who was initially so infuriating and commanding. Eve didn’t want to complicate her life after her parents’ murder which she witnessed about a year ago. Meeting Kit and his brother Nick sent her questioning about the status of her heart and how they, (mostly Kit) had turned her world upside down.

Kit, along with his brothers, live together
Diane Holtry
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Lies and betrayals abound in this suspenseful read. As the story progresses so too does the pace and the anticipation built as I read.
While I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and this new-to-me author, fair warning - the end, really isn't "the end" .. #cliffhanger
and I can't wait to see where the story, characters and author will take me!
Ashley Carr, LSoR
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

A fantastic debut book!! I can’t wait to see how this series progresses! Eve has had a tragic past and just wants to overcome her past and move on. Kit is a cocky but strong guy that always seemed to be irritating Eve. This book has drama, angst, suspense and laugh out loud moments and also ends in a cliffhanger. Which left more questions unanswered. I will definitely be reading the next book to get answers. I highly recommend this book!
Sophie Ruthven
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a new to me author and will definitely be one to follow. I found myself hooked from page one and left on tenterhooks on the last page. Can't wait to see what happens next and to find out the brother's stories in future books.
Bethany McNease
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was slow for me to get into but once I was past the first couple of chapters I was hooked. The characters are likeable and I kept thinking how I want to know the rest of Kits brother's stories. What I thought was gonna happen was wrong and was very glad for the twist. I definitely am looking forward to the next book.
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
KIT ... wonderful debut novel

Now that is what I call a debut novel!!!!

SR Dyble didn't rush her story, instead she presented a well thought out and meticulously planned story that drew me in instantly. The beginning was set at a fairly slow pace, however this was really invaluable as the pace of the story began to increase. KIT is the first book in the Carson Brothers series, and I can't wait to read the rest of them.

Eve has suffered a tragedy like no other and has vowed to lead a simple li
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 can’t get enough stars!!

This is the first book in the “Carson Brothers” series. And it leaves off in a slight cliffy. But trust and believe I am coming back for more. I love Kit but I am super excited to meet ALL the Carson brothers!!

Eve has witnessed the most horrific thing, her family being brutally murdered, she is just trying to get by in life now. No waves, no drama and definitely no love. That is until some cocky as shit Australian hottie decides to inject himse
Emma Johnston
Apr 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding new authors is a favourite of mine and I love that I found this author.

This story was fast paced, sweet, sexy and some suspense thrown in there.

I need book 2 like now cos wow that ending!
Mrs Kindle Addict
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I throughly enjoyed reading this book! S R Dyble is a new author for me who I'm glad I come across! Kit is the first book in the Carson Brothers Series.

This story really sucked me in from the start and kept me reading on, I loved how protective Kit was over Eve! It was a very easy, sweet and sexy read! With lots of action and drama!

But the ending!? What a cliff hanger, very much looking forward to the next book!

*I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review*
Tabatha Robinson
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have to say I was so shocked when I found out this was a first time author. This book is absolutely amazing! Very fast paced and definitely leaves you wanting more. Going crazy waiting for 1.5 to come out. Be sure to get this book...you will not be disappointed!
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
OMG where do I start with this review...... I effing LOVED this book it is amazing and I couldn't get enough of it. Kit and Eve are amazing together and the Carson Brothers are a riot. They had me cracking up with the banter between the brothers.

Kit is every womens dream come true and he knows it. He is sort of a man whore but when he meets Eve everything changes for him. They go to the same college and share a photography class together and the more time Kit spends with Eve the more he falls f
Sassy Southern
May 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 Freaking amazing Stars!

For a debut book let me tell you SR knocks it out of the park. You would never guess that it was her first release. This book has it all from the romance to the intrigue to a little bit of comedy this book has it all. Even that little bit of mystery that I love in books but that will drive you just a little bit crazy trying to figure it all out but you know you love it. Eve has been broken beyond repair and put through a tragedy that no one should have to suffer. So she
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Forbidden Sext (Accidental Stepbrother, #1)
  • Kozart (Savage Beasts #1)
  • Mr. June (Calendar Boys #6)
  • ICED (Boston Terriers Hockey #2)
  • Thor (Thorny Devils MC #1)
  • Wreck My World
  • Because He's Perfect
  • Hulk (Thorny Devils MC #2)
  • Good Girls (Arcadia High Anarchists, #1)
  • Then There Was You
  • Replaced (Sacred Duet Book Two)
  • Power Play (BTU Alumni, #1)
  • Corrupted (Devil's SixGuns MC Series Book 1)
  • Blackout: A Romance Anthology
  • Tactical Heart
  • Black Tears
  • Misplaced (Sacred Duet Book One)
  • Unsteady in Love (Fairlane #3)
→ Subscribe on my website for updates>
www.srdyble.com

→ Follow me on Facebook>>
www.facebook.com/authorsrdyble

→ Follow me on Instagram >>

→ Follow me on Twiiter >>

→ Follow me on Bookbub >> http://bit.ly/SRsbookbub

Writer, Mother and DIY lover.
Living a short drive away from her home, the city of Hull in the UK.
She enjoys

Carson Brothers (2 books)
  • Eves (Carson Brothers, #2)
“Blondie?"
"You don't like it? I could always call you Bae, or fat ass?”
0 likes