Start by marking “Beautiful To Me: A Little Mermaid Retelling (End of Ever After, Book #3)” as Want to Read:
Beautiful To Me: A Little Mermaid Retelling (End of Ever After, Book #3)

Beautiful To Me: A Little Mermaid Retelling

(End of Ever After #3)

Princess Sienna is the most beautiful, the most charming, the most beloved of King Trident's daughters in the enchanted underwater kingdom. Not much is denied her, and all of Merdom favors her.

Then a few days after her fifteenth birthday, Sienna does the unthinkable. She makes a bargain with the sea witch to trade her tongue and tail for a pair of legs and a chance to live
Published February 26th 2019 by Fire & Ice Young Adult Books

To ask other readers questions about Beautiful To Me, please sign up.
E.L. Tenenbaum The End of Ever After books are all part of the same universe, and therefore the same series, but they each stand alone as their own story with their …moreThe End of Ever After books are all part of the same universe, and therefore the same series, but they each stand alone as their own story with their own protagonists. They can be read in any order!(less)

Start your review of Beautiful To Me: A Little Mermaid Retelling (End of Ever After, Book #3)
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

The Buzz

I really love MERMAIDS... alas it isn't easy to find books about them that aren't... bad. Like poorly written, contrived and not based on actual human interaction. So if a premise with mermaids sounds good I'm all for giving it a chance!

And look at the gorgeous, indie author, Beautiful to Me cover!! For having no mermaid in sight and not being a simple typography design I'm really impressed. I like that the cover also matches the other
Bonnie (A Backwards Story)
"We were not allowed to interact with humans. We were different. We could only be the death of each other."
~BEAUTIFUL TO ME

I am always so excited to learn about a new mermaid book in the world, especially when it's a retelling of one of my favorite tales, The Little Mermaid. I love how right off the bat, we find out that no version of the story up until now has ever gotten it right: Not the Hans Christian Andersen tale, not the Disney movie, etc. Parts are true, but many are not. For example, th
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
Beautiful to Me is the third book in the End of Ever After series, although they can be read in any order. For me, this was the saddest book so far, although once again, excellently written. You find out about the Little Mermaid, through the eyes of one of them. That's right, there were two, but you really need to read this for yourself to get any more information!

I loved how E.L. Tenenbaum was able to change this story into something more enriched with emotion, simpler and yet more complex. The
Blaire Hammond
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful Mermaid To Me by E.L. Tenenbaum Spoiler Free Review.

*I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for a free and honest review.*

I absolutely LOVED this authors previous novel, so much that the moment she wanted readers for this story I HAD to put my hand up! And I'm so glad I did. I absolutely loved it. I gave it a 4 out of 5 stars .

The story was wonderful and an exciting, different take on retellings! I love retellings, but I Haven't read many Little Mermaid ones, so this one really fil
Debbie Eyre
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
love a good fairytale retelling and this little mermaid one is very good! Told with a twist of 2 mermaids instead of 1 this clean and fun read had a great storyline and fab characters. If you like retellings then this is definitely for you!
Brittany Smith
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful to Me is the third book in the End of Ever After series. Though it is a series you can read it in any order as the books are about specific individuals. The book tells us a story of two mermaids-one who wants to fall in love with the prince and stay in the human world and another who just wants to retrieve her friend and return to her home in the sea.

I found this re-telling truly fantastic! E.L Tenenbaum changed the original story and has made it into a complex, emotionally evocative
Melissa
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I absolutely love a good fairy tale retelling. What if who we thought was the true Little Mermaid in the stories, was really not. This is a great retelling with a lot of heart and characters you will love. It is as magical as mermaids.
Lauren
Mar 03, 2020 rated it liked it
Why 3 stars? Setting and imagery were wonderful (+1) and the ocean was felt. Starting and ending of character development was perfect for the premise, twisting the Hans Christian Anderson version and Disney together well (+1). Much of the writing was beautiful and held important themes for all women and especially young girls to hear (+1) [yes, this is chaste enough for young girls].

Why not 4 or 5 stars? Although lovely, the repetition started to annoy me of certain almost identical statements t
Annie Grimm
Dec 14, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-2019
This was a really cute read. Like, I've been searching for quite a while for a good little mermaid retelling and this book gave me just that. I loved the fact that the MC wasn't your typical super-skinny-extremely-beautiful-yet-she-doesn't-see-it kind of girl, but instead had a not-so-typical body for a mermaid; it's a really nice change and a different take on the usual mermaid story. I, for one, never really took into account how many mermaid stories I've read where the MC is always thin, alwa ...more
Laura S
Jan 09, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tale
First of all, can we all appreciate how beautiful the cover of this book is? It's absolutely stunning!

This story is, as the title says, a retelling of the little mermaid. It's not much more than that, the setting is pretty much the same as the original story. The main difference is: Sienna is the one with the beautiful red hair and blue eyes in this story, and the mermaid who lost her tongue and gained a pair of legs. However, this story follows Ariel, who was sent after Sienna to get her back t
Allie
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful

A and enticing take on the take of the little mermaid. It was enchanting; the characters well fleshed and the storyline not what I would have expected. Ariel has body issues which many can relate to as well as an accepting heart.
Mary the Winter
Thanks to the long stretched ending and especially for the spoilers for the other books I gave this book a mediocre 3 stars. It ruined it... really.

I wanted to read the other books before this one as well but now I already know too much..
E.L. Tenenbaum
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
So excited for the next installment in my faery tale retelling series, this one for fans of The Little Mermaid and Hans Christian Andersen! BEAUTIFUL TO ME also features a guest appearance by The Frog King!
Books in this series are companion novels so they can be read in any order!
Elizabeth
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked how this book demonstrated the changes that a story can go through over time, details can be confused and even names can be swapped. I also really enjoyed finding out how this book got its name.
Tiffany Hansen
Apr 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good book but was pretty slow moving in parts! I enjoyed the backstory of what we know as The Little Mermaid! I will read the others in this series
Simone McKenna
Jul 13, 2020 rated it liked it
Being a fan of the original Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen I knew this was the book for me, and I was right, having found it a really enjoyable, beautiful, magical read! I loved the real magical, fairy tale feel of it, being able to imagine it very beautifully and the intriguing story itself, that really did keep me hooked throughout.

I'll admit though, there were however just a few flaws/areas of possible improvement that weren't terrible but just a little bit annoying, like I think
India Staten
May 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I liked that this was different in a retelling of the Little Mermaid. The fact that the the main character was heavy set and not the usual thin figure really captured my attention. The world building was well put together. Ariel wasn’t a mermaid princess, but was the daughter of a lord. Her being self conscious about herself and slowly realizing her own strength as the story went on made her more relatable than the original.
Rachel Arndt
Aug 27, 2019
Rebecca Kauffman
May 10, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »

• Of Glass and Glamour (Daughters of Eville #2)
  • Of Beast and Beauty (Daughters of Eville, #1)
  • Of Sea and Song (Daughters of Eville #3)
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Identity (The Kingdom Chronicles #3)
  • Asperfell
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Princess of Mermaids (Fairy Tale Adventures, #3)
  • A Princess of Wind and Wave: A Retelling of The Little Mermaid (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #6)
  • A Captive of Wing and Feather: A Retelling of Swan Lake (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #5)
  • Enchantment (The Kingdom Chronicles, #5)
  • Dawn's Promise (Silent Wings #1)
  • The Awakened Fate Series Starter Box Set: Books 1-3.5: Awaken, Descend, Return, Abide
  • Oath Taker (Kingdom of Runes, #1)
  • A Tale of Beauty and Beast: A Retelling of Beauty and the Beast (Beyond the Four Kingdoms, #2)
  • All That We See or Seem
  • Dusk's Revenge (Silent Wings #3)
  • Day's Patience (Silent Wings #2)
E. L. Tenenbaum is fairly certain a bookstore is really the happiest place on earth!
In addition to being an author, she produces and co-hosts the Oh My Word! Podcast. When not reading, or writing, she enjoys speaking at middle/high schools as a visiting author.

End of Ever After (5 books)
  • End of Ever After (End of Ever After, #1)
  • Lies of Golden Straw: A Rumplestilskin Retelling (End of Ever After, #2)
  • Human Again: A Beauty and the Beast Retelling (End of Ever After, #4)
  • Heart of a Hunter: A Snow White Retelling (End of Ever After, #5)

News & Interviews