Start by marking “The Leprechaun Next Door” as Want to Read:
The Leprechaun Next Door

The Leprechaun Next Door

Happiness might be waiting at the end of the rainbow, but will it come with a price?

Devon’s down on his luck—he’s lost his job and discovered his boyfriend is cheating on him. His neighbor, Johnny, is not only cute, he also has a big secret: he’s a leprechaun with a pot of gold… and the ability to grant wishes.

Can Devon wish his way out of the hole he’s found himself in? H
Published March 15th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about The Leprechaun Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leprechaun Next Door

Ami

Devon finds out that he’s being sacked from his job and that his boyfriend cheats on him all in one day. Bringing everything he owns, Devon moves out to a cheaper apartment. Then the first time he is there, his neighbor Johnny, comes to help, and then shares a secret to Devon: that Johnny is Leprechaun and he will grant three of Devon’s wishes.

I was withdrawn with this book when I saw the world “Leprechaun” on the title. I think this is one creature that doesn’t appear much in romance.
Serena Yates
“Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” ― Abraham Lincoln

Just in time for St. Patrick’s Day this year, ‘The Leprechaun Next Door’ is a sweet, very entertaining story about finding happiness, defying the odds, and a touch of magic in everyday situations. Leprechauns are creatures of myth and folklore - a type of mischievous fairy with Irish roots who have a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. If captured by a human they sometimes grant three wishes in exchange for t
Sandra
3.5 stars - not quite enough to reach 4.

This was cute and quirky, with a bit of angst and a bit of Leprechaun mischief and magic.

Devon is let go from his well-paying but soul-sucking job and finds his boyfriend cheating on him all in the same day. Heartbroken and broke, he moves himself and his stuff into a cheap apartment while looking for a new job. As he's moving in, he meets his new neighbor Johnny.

Johnny seems nice and helpful. With a head full of red hair and a mischievous sparkle in his
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-review, read-2019
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Devon loses his job at a tech support company and almost the same time he loses his life partner when he finds out he’s been cheating on him. He takes his few possessions and meets a really cute redhead on his way into his new apartment. The redhead is Johnny, who has a touch of brogue in his voice and a glint of gold in his eye. Fun and mischievous, Johnny leaves Devon desiring to learn
Joyfully Jay
Mar 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: veronica
A Joyfully Jay review.

For me this one was okay. There’s a little bit of sexytimes, and a lot of regret—on Devon’s part. He’s definitely struck by guilt thinking that his pettiness may rob Brandon of true love. That was actually okay for me. It made me like Devon more, and he seems like a decent guy. Johnny, as a leprechaun, is fine—but why did he reveal his true nature to a complete stranger? That made little sense, and it undercut what could have been some real mystery to this book.

I
Kristina
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really good read; I was a little iffy about it in the beginning but I pushed through and ended up really liking where the story led to.

Devon was a sweet character who has kinda crappy taste in guys but that sort of turns out OK for him in the long run. I like his moments of sass and how he isn’t willing to back down from the things he believes in.

Johnny is kinda adorable if not a little manic. He’s a good friend to Devon when he moves into Johnny’s building. I love his cheerfulness and
Colin Hardy
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
This story had the potential to go in a number of interesting directions: humour, trickster, fantastical and magic to name a few. Whilst it does touch on these there is actually very little that sets this apart from a standard m/m romance. The leprechaun of the title is a central character from the start and yet the reader learns very little about him as a fae creature either in terms of history, culture or background. The reader should not expect a caricatured individual; in fact, the little th ...more
MariF
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not bad but it felt all over the place. Maybe it was my preconceived notions about Leprechauns that got in a way, maybe it was mentioning of all these different types of paranormals who don't play any further role in the events. Maybe it's Devon's overblown reaction to manipulation and halfhearted attempt by Johnny to apologize?
I was also surprised by the big reveal of Johnny's nature to Devon almost instantly, was underwhelmed by the strange hiding place for the leprechaun's treasure and no at
Carrie
Rated down because I didn't like how Johnny manipulated everything. He magicked away all the other guys Devon was attracted to and meddled in other ways. And by the end it didn't feel like he'd learned much, he was basically like "Because I love you I'll try not to meddle, but it's what leprechauns do so no guarantees."
Rachel
BigG
Mar 16, 2019
Denis
Apr 01, 2019
I am Rotherham’s foremost (okay, only) writer of quality erotica and erotic romance. Though I’m now based in London, family and football take me back North on a regular basis. Indeed, if you’re ever at a Rotherham United match (I know, what are the chances?) and you spot a small blonde with a large ‘London Millers’ flag, that’ll be me.

For twenty years, I worked on the UK edition of Forum magazine,