Start by marking “Great And Precious Things” as Want to Read:
Great And Precious Things

Great And Precious Things

Fresh off the success of Yarross The Last Letter, this is a gripping and heart-wrenching stand-alone novel that explores issues of family, humanity, and faith. ...more
Published February 25th 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Great And Precious Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great And Precious Things

Start your review of Great And Precious Things
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
great-and-precious-things

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
2ir3yw5 GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS: Is a full length, stand alone romance novel by Rebecca Yarros. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

All lovers of small town friends to lovers romance junkies will love this one, throw in a hot tatted up military hero and a slow burn romance and youll be sure to inhale this one in no time like myself. A heart warming all the feels romance novel done to perfection.

82942316-1511970922260072-2838866137322618880-o

Welcome to
Karen Mc
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Its a rare gift to see the hidden beauty in things.

OOOMMGGG!!! Here I sit, days after reading Rebecca Yarros GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS, a story that stole my heart from the very page ... so stunning ... so special ... a marvel ... a meaningful masterpiece. This broken beauty held my heart hostage the whole time reading. A heart that continuously beat for this book, broke for this book, and belongs to this book.

Yarros paints such a vivid picture of poetic words where I felt like I too was a
Adriana Locke
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Without a doubt, Great And Precious Things is Yarros' best work to-date. Few writers bring together undeniable romance and touching emotional moments like Yarros. She's a master at weaving together details so intricately that you feel like you're a part of the story as it's taking place. It's a talent that not all possess. She captures you so fast that by the second page, you feel like you're home. It's bizarre ... and addicting. It's one of the greatest things to find as a reader.

The themes of
Carmen Rae
Whenever I pick up a book by the beautiful Rebecca Yarros I know one thing. I am going to get ALL the feels. So I try to do it at a time when I can afford to experience them which, with a house full of kids, is in short supply.

So I put my hand up for a review copy and waited for my rejection only to run through the house squealing when I got it. But then it taunted me. Every single time I opened my kindle, there it was And all I wanted was to crawl into my bed with a locked door and box of
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4 stars

Hed protected me for the simple reason that Id been theirs all my life. The girl who tagged along with the Daniels boys. The naive teenager who stayed behind when three brothers went to war. The woman who shattered when only two came home.

This is a book about redemption. About a bad boy not being so bad and a perfect man hiding dark secrets.

It's a book about living in a very small town and not being able to outrun your bad reputation
and the mistakes from your youth.

A story of
Ruth’s Romances
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Wanting you is all Ive ever known. Youre in my blood, my bones, my soul.
If you love:
Military romance
Small towns
Angst
Slow Burn
Dual POV
Then this is the one for you!✨
I loved this book. Not because it was well written, engaging and emotionally charged. Let me be clear, it was all that. But this story was just beautiful. In a heart wrenching way. Was it about love? Absolutely. But it was about so much more. It was about family. And the unexpected. And fighting for what you know is right. For
Anne OK
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Took my breath away -- beautifully written -- characters who come to life on the pages -- and a story guaranteed to not only break your heart and touch your heart in so many ways, but put it back together again. A story you won't be able to put aside and one you won't stop thinking about when you're done reading.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

4.5 STARS

I wanted to paint this moment, to capture this exact feeling as I watched him at peace. A peace I knew would vanish the moment he opened his eyes and the world beat its way in.'

Great and Precious Things is our second book by Rebecca Yarros and once again, we were moved by her stellar writing in a heart wrenching, sincere and beautifully emotional story of family secrets, deep love, choices and second chances. Our hearts broke and soared in equal measure.

Camden Daniels, 28 returns home
Jessica Alcazar
Copy provided by the Publisher for early review

I finished this story a couple of days ago and the thought of coming up with words to describe to you how this journey affected me gives me anxiety. I don't have any words. They all seem inadequate.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Rebecca Yarros has given us another BEAUTIFUL, raw, and emotional story in Great and Precious Things. She warned me that this story would be moving differently than The Last Letter, which rocked my world in 2019. Rebecca wasn't JOKING!!! Camden leaves the military after he receives a call from his father to come home. Arriving back to the small town that has labeled him the irresponsible, hot-headed, bad boy, throws Camden right into the fires of the gossip mill because
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Rebecca Yarros is a writing genius! Absolutely love her military romances. This book is filled with so much more than just a love story between two characters. This book had me hooked from the beginning. There was so much to this story besides the romance between Cam and Willow. Cam and Willow are great together. After going through so much they finally found happiness. This book was about family love, honor, friendships, small towns and tough storylines. As much as I really enjoyed this book, ...more
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
NEW TO ME AUTHOR & BOOKS, I have wanted to read this author for a while & so happy I got the chance to! Will be reading the rest of the series (YES I KNOW BACKWARDS) but this was so good, I don't care...I definitely want more. Check out my FULL REVIEW on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

This slow-burning romance was isnt just good; its great and precious!

Great and Precious Things is a slow-burning love story packed full of hard-won and endearing great and precious moments. Cam and Willow are old friends who need to deal with some unaddressed emotions. Willow is Cams dead brothers former girlfriend and untouchable in Cams eyes. Cam, who recently retired from the Army Special Forces, blames himself for his brothers death. He returns home many years to a small town of people that
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heading into Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros, I knew that I needed to mentally and emotionally prepare myself, but even then, I wasnt wholly prepared because the one component of Yarros writing that resonates from each of her books is the ability to pull out readers emotions, making them feel EVERYTHING that the characters endure and struggle with as they work to find their much deserved happiness.

Theres a lot to unravel when it comes to the reasons for Camden Daniels departure from
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I have no idea where to start with Great and Precious Things. I ran through every emotion possible while reading this story. It took me a little while after reading it to process everything. From Sullivan to Alexander to Camden three different personalities, three different people but brothers. One was the golden boy, one was the war hero and one was despised.

Camden didnt really care what the people of Alba thought about him. He was going home to help his father. He had two goals to make sure
Dísir
A soldiers return to his hometown at the plea of his father turns out to be a lot more complicated than it seems; along the way he needs to face his own demons in a small, hostile town thats drying up, a family who thinks the lowest of him and a woman whom hed always wanted but lost before he could even get her. That, in essence, is Rebecca Yarross Great and Precious thingsa story of odds so large that they cant seem to be overcome by a man whod been dealing with a constant, upward climb all his ...more
Nicole
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I usually dont have a hard time writing a review. I mean Im no author but the words flow and I am able to express how I felt while reading a book. If it was laughter, trepidation, even tearsthe words pour out like a geyser. This is not the case with Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros. Dont get me wrongthe book was AH-MAZE-ING but being able to capture all of that and put it on a page is a little daunting. But Ill try.

Great and Precious Things is based in a small ghost town in Colorado.
Julie
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one knows the trials and heartache that can be brought on from fighting in a war. Camden Daniels returned to his hometown without his younger brother, and the town will never let him forget it. A weight bears down on this soldiers shoulders in a way that few could understand. Small town life is harder when you find yourself blamed for the trials of life. Cam left his hometown and swore he would never return, until one phone call changed everything.

Determined to do the right thing, Cam
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros is a 5 stars and a Top Pick of 2020 ⭐
The 🦄 in the title fits to the plot but also speak to the kind of story this is..this book is the rare unicorn read... the kind of book that sucks you in from the first word, keeps you glued to your kindle experiencing a beautiful story told to you by a great talent all while you would swear these characters are REAL people.

This may be the first time I read a book because I admired the author
Shelby
Feb 22, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Its been 6-years since Cam has been back to his hometown of Alba, Colorado. After leaving Alba to join the military a decade ago, Cam never expected to move home, but here he is, moving back to help a man who hates him. Cam cant blame his father for hating him because he knows hes at fault for his brother, Sullys death. And now the whole town of Alba hates his guts.

Cams father has Alzheimers and left a voicemail asking Cam to return home. His older brother Xander has been caring for their dad
Melissa
Mar 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an excellent romance novel, but it is also filled with family drama and some heavier issues such as dealing with an ailing family member. I liked Cam and Willow's relationship arc, it was sigh-worthy in places, yet also challenging and the reader is never completely sure if things can work out for them. There are some surprises throughout, particularly toward the end.
If you're looking for a romance that will also give depth in other ways, this is a wonderful choice.

I voluntarily
Virginia
Feb 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great and Precious Things was my first book by Rebecca and I absolutely loved it. Its phenomenally written, beautiful, heartwarming, and emotional. I have heard that Rebeccas books are great but I had no idea how good they are. Rebecca definitely is an amazing and talented writer. She sucked me into this story with her detailed, descriptive writing and her characters. These characters made their way into my heart and they will be there for a long time! A story of forgiveness and love, its a must ...more
Big Joe  Rossi
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT READ!!!

Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros was amazing.

Camden Daniels left his home town after burying his brother. The sainted one, the one the whole town blames him for killing. He blames himself too. He left everything and everyone but when he is called home to help call for his father who has early onset Alzheimer's he returns and WOW what a return it is. Missing dad, shotguns, and the girl he thinks about but can never have.

Willow Bradley has been best friends with Daniels
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Great and Precious Things is another prime example of Rebecca Yarros' talent. Her ability to write goes beyond it just being a love story. With her books, you get a multilayer story about people and places. People in which anyone can relate to. Her books are written with such vast and vivid detail that you have no choice but to become immersed in their world and actually become part of it!
Their content always has a strong sense of community, family and love.

In Great and Precious Things, I was
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020

4.5 STARS

Camden Daniels, 28 returns home
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
***I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!***

I've been meaning to read a book by Rebbeca Yarros for a while now and I finally had the chance. I'm so glad I did, because I loved everything about this book.
I loved the writing, the story and the vivid and wonderful world and characters Yarros created. Pretty early on in the book you just have the feeling like youre right there with the rest of the characters. I loved that we get the dual

Andrea
Mar 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own, 2020-read
Camden Daniels hasn't been back to the small town of Alba since he buried his younger brother. Cam swore he'd never come back, especially when everyone blames him for his brother's death. But when his father calls him begging for him to come back because of the early-onset Alzheimer's he's suffering from; Cam packs his bags and heads back home to secrets that should've stayed buried and the woman he's never stopped loving but can't have.

WHAT A STORY!!! I swear my heart has imploded from the
Romancebooksandmore
I love it, I love the cover, I love the premise I could read this book over and over again. I love the characters I love Camden and I love Willow and the past they have together all of the pain and secrets that are held between them, how they both missed their opportunities in the past.

the family and friends part in the story is just the icing on the cake the father, the brother the best friend, for both Camden and Willow and how it all plays into their taboo relationship because how can it be
Maria Angie Mendoza
Breathtaking, powerful and utterly compelling.
Its a riveting story thats more than a romance, and I was completely captivated by Willow and Cams story.
This a story of love, family, and second chances.
The storyline resonated with me as author touched upon a subject that has affected me personally. This sensitive subject was addressed with such integrity I was swept into the story from beginning to end.
Needles to say, I was impressed and intrigued with the perfectly flawed characters as this
Annabel
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A full review will be posted soon but damn this book was so good!!! This is the reason Rebecca Yarros is one of my favourite authors!

• Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • All I Ask
  • The Rich Boy
  • Southern Chance (Southern Series, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Southern Storms (Compass, #1)
  • Wild at Heart (Wild, #2)
  • Breathless
  • Enemies
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • The Guy in the Middle (The Underdogs, #3)
  • Release
  • Just One Year
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Then You Happened
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been ...more