Start by marking “Great and Precious Things” as Want to Read:
Great and Precious Things

Great and Precious Things

How do you define yourself when others have already decided who you are?

Six years ago, when Camden Daniels came back from war without his younger brother, no one in the small town of Alba, Colorado, would forgive him—especially his father. He left, swearing never to return.

But a desperate message from his father brings it all back. The betrayal. The pain. And the need to
Published February 25th 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Great and Precious Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great and Precious Things

Start your review of Great and Precious Things
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
24993460-SX540
great-and-precious-things

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
➽ KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
2ir3yw5 GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS: Is a full length, stand alone romance novel by Rebecca Yarros. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

All lovers of small town friends to lovers romance junkies will love this one, throw in a hot tatted up military hero and a slow burn romance and you’ll be sure to inhale this one in no time like myself. A heart warming all the feels romance novel done to perfection.

82942316-1511970922260072-2838866137322618880-o

Welc
Karen Mc

It’s a rare gift to see the hidden beauty in things.

OOOMMGGG!!! Here I sit, days after reading Rebecca Yarros’ GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS, a story that stole my heart from the very page ... so stunning ... so special ... a marvel ... a meaningful masterpiece. This broken beauty held my heart hostage the whole time reading. A heart that continuously beat for this book, broke for this book, and belongs to this book.

Yarros paints such a vivid picture of poetic words where I felt like I t
Syndi
Nov 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
After a disappointed with Fight and Glory series, I finally falling in love with Miss Yarros again. Great and Precious Things is powerful, slow burn, second chance romance and military romance. It takes place in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Willow and Cam went through tragic experince. Entangle with the family, lies, sacrifices and most of all love. I love Cam. He is truly great and precious thing and he is lonely. Inside he carries guilt over the dead of his brother.

I love the realti
Adriana Locke
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt, Great And Precious Things is Yarros' best work to-date. Few writers bring together undeniable romance and touching emotional moments like Yarros. She's a master at weaving together details so intricately that you feel like you're a part of the story as it's taking place. It's a talent that not all possess. She captures you so fast that by the second page, you feel like you're home. It's bizarre ... and addicting. It's one of the greatest things to find as a reader.

The themes of
Carmen Rae
Whenever I pick up a book by the beautiful Rebecca Yarros I know one thing. I am going to get ALL the feels. So I try to do it at a time when I can afford to experience them which, with a house full of kids, is in short supply.

So I put my hand up for a review copy and waited for my rejection only to run through the house squealing when I got it. But then it taunted me. Every single time I opened my kindle, there it was And all I wanted was to crawl into my bed with a locked door and box of tis
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
20200418_020407.png

Great and Precious Things was an emotional slow burn battle romance that dragged your heart through every phase of an emotional turmoil. It was heartbreaking at so many times, deeply driven, and held a passion that you felt even when you’ve read the very last chapter.

GaPTeaser5.jpg

It’s been nearly ten years since Camden has stepped foot in his home town. After doing some bad things in his teenage years, going in the Army and having to bury his younger brother, he’s not exactly the small town hero. Looking t
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

“He’d protected me for the simple reason that I’d been theirs all my life. The girl who tagged along with the Daniels boys. The naive teenager who stayed behind when three brothers went to war. The woman who shattered when only two came home.”

This is a book about redemption. About a bad boy not being so bad and a perfect man hiding dark secrets.

It's a book about living in a very small town and not being able to outrun your bad reputation
and the mistakes fro
Antonella

2,5 stars

Ruth’s Romances
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️”Wanting you is all I’ve ever known. You’re in my blood, my bones, my soul.”
If you love:
•Military romance
•Small towns
•Angst
•Slow Burn
•Dual POV
Then this is the one for you!✨
I loved this book. Not because it was well written, engaging and emotionally charged. Let me be clear, it was all that. But this story was just beautiful. In a heart wrenching way. Was it about love? Absolutely. But it was about so much more. It was about family. And the unexpected. And fighting for what you know
Anne OK
Mar 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-reads
Took my breath away -- beautifully written -- characters who come to life on the pages -- and a story guaranteed to not only break your heart and touch your heart in so many ways, but put it back together again. A story you won't be able to put aside and one you won't stop thinking about when you're done reading.

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

‘I wanted to paint this moment, to capture this exact feeling as I watched him at peace. A peace I knew would vanish the moment he opened his eyes and the world beat its way in.'

Great and Precious Things is our second book by Rebecca Yarros and once again, we were moved by her stellar writing in a heart wrenching, sincere and beautifully emotional story of family secrets, deep love, choices and second chances. Our hearts broke and soared in equal measure.

Camden Daniels, 28 returns home
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

This slow-burning romance was isn’t just good; it’s great and precious!

Great and Precious Things is a slow-burning love story packed full of hard-won and endearing great and precious moments. Cam and Willow are old friends who need to deal with some unaddressed emotions. Willow is Cam’s dead brother’s former girlfriend and untouchable in Cam’s eyes. Cam, who recently retired from the Army Special Forces, blames himself for his brother’s death. He returns home many years to a small town of people
Jessica Alcazar
Copy provided by the Publisher for early review

I finished this story a couple of days ago and the thought of coming up with words to describe to you how this journey affected me gives me anxiety. I don't have any words. They all seem inadequate.
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

Rebecca Yarros has given us another BEAUTIFUL, raw, and emotional story in Great and Precious Things. She warned me that this story would be moving differently than The Last Letter, which rocked my world in 2019. Rebecca wasn't JOKING!!! Camden leaves the military after he receives a call from his father to come home. Arriving back to the small town that has labeled him the irresponsible, hot-headed, bad boy, throws Camden right into the fires of the gossip mill because hi
Kristie
May 30, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookish, fiction, 2020, romance
Yarros can really write tension! If you are into stories where the main characters want, but can’t have each other, this is your story. You could really feel the desire these two had to be together.

This book did have some issues, but I was mostly able to overlook them and, even while in a bit of a reading slump, I looked forward to getting back to their story. There were a few bits that were overplayed and started to feel repetitive and the ending felt a bit contrived. There were parts of it th
Cassidy (cassidyreads)
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Rebecca Yarros is a writing genius! Absolutely love her military romances. This book is filled with so much more than just a love story between two characters. This book had me hooked from the beginning. There was so much to this story besides the romance between Cam and Willow. Cam and Willow are great together. After going through so much they finally found happiness. This book was about family love, honor, friendships, small towns and tough storylines. As much as I really enjoyed this book, t ...more
Sher❤ The Fabulous BookLover
I love a dark, brooding, troubled hero. So when I started reading this I was all in! I finished it, but it was a struggle. I was enjoying it up until the point where the unnecessary drama was too much (the brothers suing each other, the little girl risking her life for a pin)... and on top of all that the heroine wasn’t memorable and the romance was lacking so much. I just couldn’t. So I ended up skimming the last 50%. The story started to get flat and I began to lose interest. Hopefully I’ll en ...more
T. Rosado

4.5 Stars

I enjoyed Yarros's previous book, The Last Letter, but I did think she attempted to manipulate the readers emotions with one too many traumatic events. I suppose that created a bias going into this one, thinking it might go a similar route. In the end, I was pleasantly surprised with the story direction and outcome. The pacing, story development, and characterizations were wonderful and even though it took me longer than normal to complete the book (that's all on me,) I always looked f
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
Feb 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing
 photo 20191026_164529_zpsnyqvf1pl.jpg
NEW TO ME AUTHOR & BOOKS, I have wanted to read this author for a while & so happy I got the chance to! Will be reading the rest of the series (YES I KNOW BACKWARDS) but this was so good, I don't care...I definitely want more. Check out my FULL REVIEW on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
 photo 20190911_093631_zpsyslz1m7j.png
Nova B
Feb 25, 2020 added it
Sibling double dipping. Yucky. Besides that I can’t deal with the same thing over and over. Like ok you don’t want to be there we get it.
Rebecca
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Heading into Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros, I knew that I needed to mentally and emotionally prepare myself, but even then, I wasn’t wholly prepared because the one component of Yarros’ writing that resonates from each of her books is the ability to pull out readers’ emotions, making them feel EVERYTHING that the characters endure and struggle with as they work to find their much deserved happiness.

There’s a lot to unravel when it comes to the reasons for Camden Daniel’s departure
Shelby
It’s been 6-years since Cam has been back to his hometown of Alba, Colorado. After leaving Alba to join the military a decade ago, Cam never expected to move home, but here he is, moving back to help a man who hates him. Cam can’t blame his father for hating him because he knows he’s at fault for his brother, Sully’s death. And now the whole town of Alba hates his guts.

Cam’s father has Alzheimer’s and left a voicemail asking Cam to return home. His older brother Xander has been caring for their
Big Joe  Rossi
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
GREAT READ!!!

Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros was amazing.

Camden Daniels left his home town after burying his brother. The sainted one, the one the whole town blames him for killing. He blames himself too. He left everything and everyone but when he is called home to help call for his father who has early onset Alzheimer's he returns and WOW what a return it is. Missing dad, shotguns, and the girl he thinks about but can never have.

Willow Bradley has been best friends with Daniels b
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
I have no idea where to start with Great and Precious Things. I ran through every emotion possible while reading this story. It took me a little while after reading it to process everything. From Sullivan to Alexander to Camden … three different personalities, three different people but brothers. One was the golden boy, one was the war hero and one was despised.

Camden didn’t really care what the people of Alba thought about him. He was going home to help his father. He had two goals … to make su
Dísir
A soldier’s return to his hometown at the plea of his father turns out to be a lot more complicated than it seems; along the way he needs to face his own demons in a small, hostile town that’s drying up, a family who thinks the lowest of him and a woman whom he’d always wanted but lost before he could even get her. That, in essence, is Rebecca Yarros’s ‘Great and Precious things’—a story of odds so large that they can’t seem to be overcome by a man who’d been dealing with a constant, upward clim ...more
Julie
Mar 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No one knows the trials and heartache that can be brought on from fighting in a war. Camden Daniels returned to his hometown without his younger brother, and the town will never let him forget it. A weight bears down on this soldier’s shoulders in a way that few could understand. Small town life is harder when you find yourself blamed for the trials of life. Cam left his hometown and swore he would never return, until one phone call changed everything.

Determined to do the ‘right’ thing, Cam ret
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros is a 5 stars and a Top Pick of 2020 ⭐
The 🦄 in the title fits to the plot but also speak to the kind of story this is..this book is the rare unicorn read... the kind of book that sucks you in from the first word, keeps you glued to your kindle experiencing a beautiful story told to you by a great talent all while you would swear these characters are REAL people.

This may be the first time I read a book because I admired the author
Laurie
Jul 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review posted on https://lauriesbookshelf.comCharacters: 7.5, Atmosphere 7.5, Writing 8, Plot 7.5, Intrigue 7, Logic 7.5, Enjoyment 7 = 52 / 7 = 7.4 --> 4 stars

Once I saw the announcement for Great and Precious things, I knew I wanted to read it. Rebecca Yarros is known for her emotional rollercoasters that happen to be books, and this seemed the same with this new book. However, I had a feeling a Dutch translation would follow soon and I was right. Once I got this edition, it didn't take me lon
 Leah
❐ Overall Rating 4½ | Narration 4¾
❐ Narrated by Carly Robins & Eric Michael Summerer
❐ Listening Length: 12H 11M
❐ Contemporary Romance
❐ Colorado “Ghost Town” Setting
❐ A little bit of a Legends of the Fall vibe going on...
description

I can always count on Rebecca Yarros to write a romance with all the feels. I really liked this although it did dip into the realm of having too much drama...all in all, it had so many plot themes going on that by the end, it totally came through for me. The narration was rea

• Enemies
  • Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy, #1)
  • All Roads Lead to You (Stay, #3)
  • False Memory (False #1)
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Practice to Deceive
  • Convict (Sin City Salvation, #2)
  • Fake Out (Fake Boyfriend, #1)
  • The Day the World Came to Town: 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland
  • Herd That (The Valentine Boys #1)
  • Rock Bottom Girl
  • Team Player 2: A Sports Anthology
  • Virgin River (Virgin River, #1)
  • Electric Blue Love
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Defying Gravity
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Rifts & Refrains (Hush Note, #2)
Rebecca is a Wall Street Journal and USA Today bestselling author of over fifteen novels, and is always ready to bring on the emotions. She's also the recipient of the Colorado Romance Writer’s Award of Excellence for Eyes Turned Skyward from her Flight and Glory series.

She loves military heroes and has been blissfully married to hers for eighteen years. She’s the mother of six children, ranging f