Start by marking “Great and Precious Things” as Want to Read:

Great and Precious Things

How do you define yourself when others have already decided who you are?

Six years ago, when Camden Daniels came back from war without his younger brother, no one in the small town of Alba, Colorado, would forgive him—especially his father. He left, swearing never to return.

But a desperate message from his father brings it all back. The betrayal. The pain. And the need to
Published February 25th 2020 by Entangled: Amara

To ask other readers questions about Great and Precious Things, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Great and Precious Things

Start your review of Great and Precious Things
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
24993460-SX540
great-and-precious-things

MY REVIEW AND OTHERS: can also be found on my blog:
KITTY KATS CRAZY ABOUT BOOKS
2ir3yw5 GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS: Is a full length, stand alone romance novel by Rebecca Yarros. Spoken in 'Dual Perspectives.'

All lovers of small town friends to lovers romance junkies will love this one, throw in a hot tatted up military hero and a slow burn romance and you’ll be sure to inhale this one in no time like myself. A heart warming all the feels romance novel done to perfection.

82942316-1511970922260072-2838866137322618880-o

Welcome to
Adriana Locke
Dec 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Without a doubt, Great And Precious Things is Yarros' best work to-date. Few writers bring together undeniable romance and touching emotional moments like Yarros. She's a master at weaving together details so intricately that you feel like you're a part of the story as it's taking place. It's a talent that not all possess. She captures you so fast that by the second page, you feel like you're home. It's bizarre ... and addicting. It's one of the greatest things to find as a reader.

The themes of
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Feb 08, 2020 rated it really liked it
4 stars

“He’d protected me for the simple reason that I’d been theirs all my life. The girl who tagged along with the Daniels boys. The naive teenager who stayed behind when three brothers went to war. The woman who shattered when only two came home.”

This is a book about redemption. About a bad boy not being so bad and a perfect man hiding dark secrets.

It's a book about living in a very small town and not being able to outrun your bad reputation
and the mistakes from your youth.

A story of
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
description

This slow-burning romance was isn’t just good; it’s great and precious!

Great and Precious is a slow-burning love story packed full of hard-won and endearing great and precious moments. Cam and Willow are old friends who need to deal with some unaddressed emotions. Willow is Cam’s dead brother’s former girlfriend and untouchable in Cam’s eyes. Cam, who recently retired from the Army Special Forces, blames himself for his brother’s death. He returns home many years to a small town of people that
Nicole
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I usually don’t have a hard time writing a review. I mean I’m no author but the words flow and I am able to express how I felt while reading a book. If it was laughter, trepidation, even tears…the words pour out like a geyser. This is not the case with Great and Precious Things by Rebecca Yarros. Don’t get me wrong…the book was AH-MAZE-ING but being able to capture all of that and put it on a page is a little daunting. But I’ll try.

Great and Precious Things is based in a small ghost town in
Dawn Nicole Costiera
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great and Precious Things is another prime example of Rebecca Yarros' talent. Her ability to write goes beyond it just being a love story. With her books, you get a multilayer story about people and places. People in which anyone can relate to. Her books are written with such vast and vivid detail that you have no choice but to become immersed in their world and actually become part of it!
Their content always has a strong sense of community, family and love.

In Great and Precious Things, I was
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
This riveting and emotional novel is one that has all the attributes to make it the great book it is. Great And Precious Things is flawlessly written. An emotionally charged romance with angst and emotion that comes from not only the plot, but from the subplots as well. Rebecca Yarros wrote with so much depth and understanding that held such delicacy to the details, that I found myself hooked on Camden and Willow’s story because the flow of this story was effortless. This is a heart-wrenching ...more
Deanna (A Novel Glimpse)
Original review: A Novel Glimpse

Note: This review is for an ARC and is my unbiased opinion.

Last year, I found Rebecca Yarros' books. This year, I'm trying to catch up and read everything she's written including her newest release, Great and Precious Things.

Great and Precious Things is a romance at heart, but it explores some greater social, moral, familial, and community themes. It hits those themes hard and is unrelenting in its challenges to both the reader and the characters. Perry did an
Donna
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was a really hard read. It was heartbreaking. I knew it wouldn't be easy. Considering the subject matter and how one part of it hits very close to home. Alzheimer's, war, death and a broken family are the ingredients of a story that breaks your heart completely.

Cam in this book is the villan from everyoneys point of view but I tell you from the off he wasn't. People judge him from the past and not for the man he has become. He for me is a hero. All his action deserve a respect that I
Timitra
Feb 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great and Precious Things was good. It’s sweet, has an unrequited and forbidden-ish quality to it as well as packs an emotional punch as it deals with difficult matters. It’s about perception and the ways in which it impacts the lives of the main characters, Cam and Willow and those around them. I enjoyed it and recommend it.

Copy won in a contest hosted by author
Lauren at Live Read and Breathe Reviews
4 Stars!

Source: eARC for Honest Review Courtesy of Entangled:Amara via Edelweiss
Genre: Adult Romance with military elements
Standalone

My Great and Precious Things Review:

I absolutely adore Rebecca Yarros and her heartfelt stories. This time around we have Camden Daniels & Willow Bradley. Camden (Cam) has back home to a place where he's not wanted. However, his father needs him so he comes home and leaves the military behind. Camden also comes home with tons of regret and baggage.

Camden and
Jessica Alcazar
Copy provided by Publisher for early review

I finished this story a couple of days ago and the thought of coming up with words to describe to you how this journey affected me gives me anxiety. I don't have any words. They all seem inadequate.
Chelé
Feb 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
This story was so heartbreaking in some aspects but completely heartwarming in others.

Camden Daniels is the black sheep in his family. Home from the United States Army he is back to help his family but unfortunately not everyone is happy to see him. Not his father who believes he's guilty of destroying their family in the most terrible way, not some of the town's people who thinks he's a bad seed and nothing more but the worst of the three Daniels brothers.

But then there's Willow, his
Danielle
Jan 30, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. I loved seeing how families can forgive and move forward. This book also shows not to judge until you know the entire story. Cam and Willow were amazing characters and I adored little Rose.
Meagan Beal
Feb 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
Camden comes home from the Army after ten long years of being gone. He's coming to help his brother Xander take care of their father that has Alzheimer. Coming back to town means he has to face his past, and he is determined to not care what the town thinks. Camden knows the truth and thats what matters. He has his own crosses to bare with what happened to his other brother Sullivan. A story of town history, anger, love, family, and facing the truths.

Rebecca Yarros has become one of
Crystal
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Perfection. This book gave me all the feels, especially as I lost my father to Alzheimers. I always love a great love story that’s more than just about a romance, and this one delivered. There was romance and so much love, but also acceptance and healing. Just simply beautiful!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020

4.5 STARS

‘I wanted to paint this moment, to capture this exact feeling as I watched him at peace. A peace I knew would vanish the moment he opened his eyes and the world beat its way in.'

Great and Precious Things is our second book by Rebecca Yarros and once again, we were moved by her stellar writing in a heart wrenching, sincere and beautifully emotional story of family secrets, deep love, choices and second chances. Our hearts broke and soared in equal measure.

Camden Daniels, 28 returns home
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Feb 23, 2020 rated it really liked it

4.5 STARS

Camden Daniels, 28 returns home
Lenore Kosinski

I received a free copy through the author in exchange for an honest and unbiased review/opinion.

4.5 stars — This story legitimately had so many layers, and they all wove together just masterfully. I was invested in all of them too — not just the romance, but how our characters were going to grow and develop, what was going to happen with Cam’s family, would the jerks in the town ever pull their heads out of their butts, etc. It was so much more than just a
NICUnurse Stephanie
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Let’s face it. If you read Rebecca Yarros’s last book, The Last Letter, you probably fell into one of two categories. Either you loved it despite the tears you shed at the end, or you weren’t sure you’d ever pick up one of her books again. I fell firmly into the first category and couldn’t wait to read Great and Precious Things…despite my lingering tears when I think about The Last Letter. I’ve been a fan of Rebecca’s words for a long time, so there was no way I was going to miss out on this ...more
Amanda
Feb 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Great and Precious Things
is the newest release by Rebecca Yarros. Her last novel, >em>The Last Letter , was one of my top reads of 2018, so I was looking forward to enjoying this one just as much. This is a contemporary romance filled with immense amounts of guilt, small town drama and first love.

"All great and precious things are lonely."

I know the usual set up of my reviews would make this the synopsis of the book in my own words but I'm
Karen Mc
Feb 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing

It’s a rare gift to see the hidden beauty in things.

OOOMMGGG!!! Here I sit, days after reading Rebecca Yarros’ GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS, a story that stole my heart from the very page ... so stunning ... so special ... a marvel ... a meaningful masterpiece. This broken beauty held my heart hostage the whole time reading. A heart that continuously beat for this book, broke for this book, and belongs to this book.

Yarrows paints such a vivid picture of poetic words where I felt like I too was
Kim
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camden Daniels is home...to the small town of Alba that he was basically run out of years ago. He was always the bad boy and returned from serving his country, while his well-liked younger brother did not. He is loaded down with guilt and regret and is used to being the black sheep. He swore he would never come back until he got a call he could not ignore. Unfortunately, his return is met with relief from some and resistance of others...and the tension and antagonism just seem to spread as ...more
Sandy
**4.75 BLUSHES**
The Last Letter was one of my favorite reads of 2019. It totally devastated me and then lifted me up again in that way that only great writing does. I COULD NOT WAIT to get my hands on Great and Precious Things – I mean, could lightning strike twice?! Dear readers yes! Yes it can and it did!

Camden has always been labeled the troublemaker so he proves he’s earned that reputation.

Willow is the town sweetheart and no one lets her forget it. A woman who is still the town’s tragic
KS
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was beyond amazing!

So this book doesn't have the angst of "The Last Letter" (thank goodness!!), but it does still have all the feels and is such a heartwarming, sometimes heartwrenching story that will pull you in from the first page to the last page. The talent of Rebecca Yarros is truly beyond compare!

There were so many things to love about this story:
a. Cam is just everything - he is flawed, but has such a good heart. The way he takes the blame growing up for so many things to make
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Cam is coming home to a place that holds lots of good memories, but also some painful ones too. The loss of his brother is easily felt the moment he sets foot in town, and a reminder that some hold him responsible is very evident. He can't even begin to understand what he is about to walk into, being the bad boy returning home, folks aren't all that receptive to his presence, but he has no choice, he is needed. His family needs him... and maybe even Willow too.

She is the one woman he can't have,
Rachel
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Camden Daniels stayed away from his hometown because they would never let him forget that his brother followed him off to war and didn’t return. Cam was the troublemaker, and his brother was the best of them, the golden boy. The town, and especially his father, would never forgive him for his part in his brother’s death. But a phone call has him returning despite his promise to stay away. What he finds at home will challenge everything he thought about his home.

Willow Bradley was his brother’s
Olivia
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS is a beautiful romance about self-confidence, owning your past, and moving forward with love. Cam (Camden) is coming back to Alba at the request of his older brother and father. Their father has early-onset Alzheimer's disease, and he is facing a lot of bad days. Cam has not been back to town since he returned with his youngest brother's body from the war. His father blamed him, and he has been basically exiled since.

Having now left the military and returning home for
Tracey
Feb 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
wordpress

It didn't take but a page or two of GREAT AND PRECIOUS THINGS by author Rebecca Yarros for me to know that this book was going to wreck me in the best possible way. Rebecca's beautiful words, a world that I fell immediately into and became a part of, and a story that broke my heart and put it back together, make this a great book, and I was riveted, from beginning to end.

A decorated war hero back home in a town filled with people that have never understood him, Camden Daniels's real strength is
Larissa Rye
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It had everything that I enjoy in a book. I love the military aspects, the characters were so loveable, the story was engaging and best of all I loved the ending.

Cam’s struggle throughout the whole book was something I understood. Growing up in a small town is hard because people never forget & they never let you live your past done. I loved how it all came together in the end. His love for Willow was everything. You could tell right from the beginning.

Willow was strong,
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rebecca Yarros is a hopeless romantic and a lover of all things coffee, chocolate, and Paleo. She is the author of the Flight & Glory series, including Full Measures, the award-winning Eyes Turned Skyward, Beyond What is Given, and Hallowed Ground. Her new Renegade Series features Wilder and the upcoming Nova, and is sure to keep your heart pounding. She loves military heroes, and has been ...more

• Trouble (Dogwood Lane, #3)
  • Boss Man Bridegroom
  • The Fight for Forever (Legend Trilogy #3)
  • The Life You Stole (Life, #2)
  • This Is Forever (This is, #4)
  • Even If It Hurts
  • Keeper
  • Unbreakable (Cloverleigh Farms, #4)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • Fighting for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #2)
  • The Two-Date Rule (Smokejumper, #1)
  • Off Limits (Kings of Mayhem MC, #5)
  • Enemies
  • Dying for Rain (The Rain Trilogy, #3)
  • Runaway Road (Runaway, #1)
  • The Life That Mattered (Life, #1)
  • Come Back for Me (Arrowood Brothers, #1)
  • Bachelor Society (The Bachelors Club, #1)