Start by marking “Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors” as Want to Read:
Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors

Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors

It's your deepest fear.

The book doesn't sell.

Could it be your description sucks?

Yes, it does suck, and this book is going to help. From the author of Mastering Amazon Ads: An Author's Guide, comes a new book on the art of copywriting for descriptions.

A typical description might convert one click in thirty into a new reader. After two years of research and hundreds of
Published February 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Mastering Amazon Descriptions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mastering Amazon Descriptions

Start your review of Mastering Amazon Descriptions: An Author's Guide: Copywriting for Authors
Varun
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good book

I learned a lot from this book about writing amazing descriptions. This has considerably improved book descriptions for my time travel fantasy series.
DeAnna Knippling
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Drilldown on writing book descriptions for indie writers.

This book splits its time between how to write book descriptions (on the one side) and giving example book descriptions (on the other). Whether you're a logic person or an intuitive person (or, like me, both), you're going to get bathed in descriptions and how-tos.

I liked most of the changes to the descriptions, although I wanted some clarity on the difference between a "hook" and "not enough information." There were also some examples
Dave Walsh
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the most important book for any author.

Period.

I'm not kidding. Most of us are good at the nuts and bolts of writing. The prose, the dialogue and everything else in between. Ask us to do copywriting, especially about our own book? We freeze up.

I can't even explain how helpful this book has been and how helpful the community he built on Facebook has been.
Vania Rheault
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Any author who needs to write descriptions for their books needs to read this one.

Brian gives his reader plenty of examples, but my favorite parts were the cheerleading chapters between blurb examples.

He's such a positive force in the indie writing community. We're lucky to have him.
J. Sharp
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I didn't even know if I could ever do it...

...Now I'm positive that I can get good at this.

Do you struggle with writing your Amazon book descriptions? If you said 'no' excuse me if I don't believe you, but I dont. Everybody struggles with a good hook, or how much to reveal in a description.

Brian Meeks has written a book with more practical information about writing book descriptions than I have ever read.

Cram-packed with tons of examples, Mr. Meeks has taken the mystery out of what makes a
Gaia Amman
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have been following Brian's advice for a little over a year through one of his Facebook groups.

So, when this book was released, I jumped on it.

It's full of examples on how to write an engaging description for your novels, aimed at increasing your conversion rates (people who see the description vs people who buy the book).

The book it's funny, hammering in your head over and over the same structure and formatting till you finally get it.

Recommended to any author struggling with writing book
Mike
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Having read Brian's book Mastering Amazon Ads twice, and having found it very helpful for improving the sales of my books, I was looking forward to this new title.

I gibbed a bit at the price, but knowing Brian's penchant for setting his prices high so that we appreciate we're getting good value, I eventually succumbed and bought a Kindle copy. And other people seemed to be raving over it.

Hmm.

This book does have some helpful things to say about copywriting, and gives more examples than you
Gregg Akkerman
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Meeks delivers

There can be no peace...

...until the blurb is revealed.

The indie tribe has gathered for a final attempt to understand what their trad forefathers simply ignored. This time, they would fulfill the promise of blog-style writing or ultimately fade into the forgotten dust of block text.

Would there be in uptick in conversion?

Will arrogant causation betray frail variance?

You’ll love this journey to transform dribble into sales dynamite because who doesn’t love a good non-fiction book
Steve Curry
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The knowledge seems like common sense. At least it does after you read and apply Brian's lessons to your blurbs and sales material. This book forced me to take a long hard look at my own blurbs. Prioir to this I was confident that I needed no training and that my sales experience would steer me clear of any reefs or shoals. I was mistaken. Just one pass through these lessons taught me how to optimise or at least better my promotional material. Now I am average 1 click in 150 impressions and Had ...more
patsy bunfill
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Important information All authors need to know!

Copywriting? Who knew?

Do you want more sales?

Answers are here!

If the thought of boosting sales gives you goose bumps, enjoy the bumps! Grab a glass of wine and enjoy the ride while learning some simple techniques that are going to change the way you write your descriptive ads, blogs, and posts from this day on. Oh and grab a tissue! You will laugh yourself silly! ...............

Off to read my bookmarked sections once again! See ya’ll up on the
Rachel McCollin
Mar 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
At first I came away disappointed.

The 'Meeks' descriptions in the book felt so formulaic.

But then...

I thought it over and I realised something.

If you read this book from cover to cover, you'll read forty book descriptions.

One after the other.

I mean, who does that?

So don't be like me.

Work through the book slowly. Put it aside and come back to it. Make a note of the tips you find useful.

And then practise.

Like I am here.

You'll love this book, because it's an entertaining, informative guide
Eldon Farrell
Jul 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book is a revelation!

Brian Meeks correctly points out that most authors today approach blurb writing as an exercise in summarizing their novel. And he's also right in saying this isn't what we should be doing! In the digital landscape a blurb is no longer what it once was. It's now your last chance to sell the book.

And a hook sells a book.

If you want to increase your revenue, follow the advice within these pages. Stop summarizing your work and start selling it!!
Alicia Scarborough
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
No pants are liberating

It's what you've been...

... looking for.

Humorous, witty and charming.

Can Meeks save your blurb?

Maybe. But it all depends on you. Are you up to the challenge?

You'll be put to the test in this amusing but helpful handbook. Discover the potential of your blurb because Meeks wants you to do it.

I know that I got my money's worth in this delightful entertainment. Now to put what I've cultivated to work.

Get your copy now.
Liberty
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Copywriting doesn't have to be boring!

I know what you're thinking.

She's lying.

I promise, I'm not.

If you're an author who wants to learn copywriting, you could do far worse than to pick up this book. Hell, if you're an author who DOESN'T want to learn, you should still pick up this book.

That's how awesome it is.

And it's funny. (Totally not lying. Promise.)

If you want your books to sell, this is the book you want to read.

Do yourself a favor and get it now.
C.J. Laurence
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

So you can't write blurbs...
...Brian will save you.

I should probably write something really cool and snarky in this review, considering I've just learned some FAB copywriting tricks. But, I'm not going to. Instead I'm going to say that this a valuable book for anyone who has ever struggled to write their blurb.

You'll love this book for its comic value and the good stuff in between.

Get it now.
Alex Gates
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Want to sell more books?

That’s a silly question. But it isn’t preposterous.

Brian’s book takes a deep dive into the before and after photos (don’t worry. Nothing is too graphic.) of blurbs.

Learn the do’s. Avoid the don’t’s (I guessed on the spelling of that word). And practice the skills to earn a billion dollars.

You’ll love this book, because the information is too golden to pass up.

Get it now!
Jean Oram
There were some good tips on copywriting in the first few chapters, but approximately 7/8 of the book is simply him re-writing descriptions to his own style which does not always fit genre expectations. That said, there are some good tips in here that can help all authors and particularly those just starting out.
Taylor Ellwood
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: business, writing
This is a must read book if you want to succeed as an author.

Since reading it and implementing it I've already noticed an increase in my book sales and I've also applied the concepts to my freebies and its helping the conversions there too.

And it's not hard to learn this skill or get better at it.

Just pick this book up, read it, and follow the advice.

Get it now.
W.H. Lock
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This isn't a DO THIS A-B-C book.
It does have a lot of Here's What I did and How I Know It Worked.
AND lots of examples to learn from.

If you're someone who likes to learn on their own from materials collected for you- this book is great.
If you're someone who needs their hand held in order to write a description unique to your book & genre this is not your book.
L.D.
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
The information was super useful. It was a little hard to read the description samples in the back, but there were little nuggets of information and ideas there. It makes me fired up to redo my own descriptions!
Lorelle Taylor
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Loved it!
I loved it. I loved the words of encouragement interspersed among the examples. I loved the humour. I liked a couple of Befores better than the Afters, but that's ok. All food for thought. Could have had more nonfiction.
Jared Bellis
May 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great material

Most trade books are incredibly boring and hard to get through. This one is not. It’s fun and snarky, yet still full of great information. If you’re interested in writing books, get it now!
Lucia Kuhl
Jun 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good actionable info.

I like math. Reading about math--- Not so much. Brian's style made the book fun, even the math.

He included a boat load of examples which anchored the info.

Great read. Super helpful.
F. Stephan
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Would he dare write a blurb?

New writer, he had hated writing book descriptions dune his very beginning.

Would this book make a difference? What if it truly did?

You'll love this book because everyone wants to open his eyes and see reality.

Get it now
Travis Heermann
May 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Probably useful if you're an author looking for ways to punch up your book descriptions, but if you're looking for the whys and wherefores about writing good marketing copy, this is not the book. What it has are dozens and dozens of examples that offer lots of potential ideas.
G.M. M Sherwin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just what I needed

This is the second non-fiction book I've purchased by this author and I've got to say I wasn't disappointed one bit.

A must read for all authors struggling with descriptions and nagging doubts their efforts will be rewarded.
Robert Kugler
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brian Meeks is the guru of descriptions

Brian really helps break down the mystery of the always challenging book descriptions. And he’s a Buckeyes fan too, so that’s awesome.

You should read this if you, like me, want to be better that this thing.
Richard J. Gadd
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great if your an author

Since I'm dealing with products the interpretation from books to products is a stretch, but somewhat helpful. It needs to have 4 more words
Geraldine Evans
Apr 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I saw the light!

I see it now, I really do. I'll start to overhaul my descriptions in a month, and we'll see what happens. I'll reveal the result on my website.
Qat Wanders
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An absolute must-read for indie authors.

This book is long-winded, so be ready to invest some time into it. But it’s worth it.

Get it now

• Ads for Authors Who Hate Math: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Release Strategies: Plan your self-publishing schedule for maximum benefit (Successful Indie Author Book 2)
  • Newsletter Ninja: How to Become an Author Mailing List Expert
  • BookBub Ads Expert: A Marketing Guide to Author Discovery
  • Become a Successful Indie Author: Work Toward Your Writing Dream
  • Learn Amazon Ads: Use AMS to Find More Readers and Sell More Books
  • The 10X Author: Level Up or Be Left Behind (Stone Tablet Singles Book 2)
  • Save the Cat! Writes a Novel
  • How to Write Fast: Better Words Faster (Stone Tablet Singles Book 1)
  • Six Figure Author: Using Data to Sell Books (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 5)
  • Killing It On Kobo: Leverage Insights to Optimize Publishing and Marketing Strategies, Grow Your Global Sales and Increase Revenue on Kobo
  • Launch to Market: Easy Marketing For Authors (Write Faster, Write Smarter, #4)
  • Relaunch Your Novel: Breathe Life Into Your Backlist (Write Faster, Write Smarter Book 6)
  • Crisis Management For Authors: How to manage an online disaster and protect your reputation (SMART Marketing For Authors Book 4)
  • Lifelong Writing Habit: The Secret to Writing Every Day
  • Take Off Your Pants! Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing
  • 5,000 Words Per Hour: Write Faster, Write Smarter
  • Strangers To Superfans: A Marketing Guide to the Reader Journey
Brian D. Meeks is a graduate of Iowa State University with a degree in Economics. He is the author of the Henry Wood Detective Series, a satire series, Underwood, Scotch, and Wry, and has some stand alone YA, a science fiction series, and in 2019 is working on a 10 book Epic Fantasy series.

He lives on the Las Vegas strip.

And really loves people who post pictures of guinea pigs on Facebook.

They are