Start by marking “Finding Anna” as Want to Read:
Finding Anna

Finding Anna

Anna Buchanan is a freshman college student with one plan: travel abroad.

Except . . . college life isn’t what it’s cracked up to be. Her new roommate definitely has a quirky side. All those romantic comedies she watched growing up? Not happening. Money is harder to come by than she thought, and her first kiss is less-than-foot-popping.
Not to mention the fact that there a
Published February 28th 2019 by THHS Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Finding Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Anna

Start your review of Finding Anna
Jonita
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Anna is a young woman on the cusp of adulthood, trying to break free from the confines of her family. Her mom and dad mean well, of course, but they want her to follow their path in life and Anna is determined to follow her own. With the help of a few good friends, including a BFF and a quirky room mate, Anna struggles to find her own way in the world without hurting her parents along the way.

Finding Anna is the story of one young woman determined to be as true to herself as she can
Kellie Garland
Rosie
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna is the story of a young woman who, faced with challenges, rises up and finds the courage and strength to be the hero of her own life. Anna, a struggling college student, is the underdog that doesn't stop growing, trying, and believing in herself and the people around her. Surrounded by a rich cast of equally endearing characters, Anna slowly finds the friendship, love, and family that she needs to face the reality of growing up, and facing adulthood.
Anna's story is captivating
Shyla
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna is a sweet story about a young woman with big plans in college. She's got goals, a plan, and the will to do what she has to in order to accomplish it all- but life isn't that easy and Anna soon learns that the saying is true: "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
An unexpected flirtation, a quirky new roommate with secrets, parents with strong opinions on how Anna's life should go (which clash with what she wants) all disrupt her perfect Excel-mapped life path.
Devin Berglund Joubert
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit-i-love
OH EM GEEE! First off, I absolutely love Katie Cross. She has a way of pulling out all the feels. Love her books. This was such a great read and really brought me back to the college days when you are just trying to get a handle on everything.

This book was a fun and bubbly read. Perfect book to read while traveling, which I was. I totally saw a younger version of myself in Anna and her adventure through "Finding Anna." I love coming of age stories. I feel like it reminds you about your beginnin
Mary Cooper
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katie has a knack for sucking you into her characters and making you feel as though you know them in real life. Finding Anna is no different.
Anna is a college girl...but this doesn't mean that older women won't enjoy the book. She's a dreamer but her parents try to bring her back to earth. She's also a hard-worker and does the right thing when push comes to shove. Melanie, her roommate, has a secret that she hides from the world. Her way of coping is through her music.
Get the tissues out for t
Chelsea
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a spin-off of the Health and Happiness Society that actually perfectly followed up the big finale from book five. It neatly included our dear Mira in the story, which is how it tied into the HHS series. Also, wasn’t Anna the chick from the gym that Lexie helped out in the first book? Kind of think it was. Anyways, this was a story with a good dose of happily ever after mixed in with a heavy dose of reality. Lots of trials, tribulations, drama, heartbreak, and sadness. But also a lot of ...more
Elisha
Reading this beautiful story has taken me back to when I was in college. Some how I remember being Anna once upon a time. I'm remembering how it felt to have the promise of adventure and new experiences at your finger tips. The long nights at work, crazy amounts of homework, family struggles and the reality of being a adult and it all hitting you at once. No matter what your dreams may be, or what life throws at you, you will always have a choice and the decision you make will impact how you exp ...more
Chrissy Woj
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved all the characters in this book. It was a fast read, but charming and sweet. If you've read Bon Bons to Yoga Pants, you'll recognize Anna from the end of the novel, but it's not at all necessary to jump into this book blind to the Health and Happiness Society. Like Lexie from BB2YP, the main character is on a weight loss journey, but that's not even close to the main focus of the plot. She wants to adventure beyond the world she's grown up in, and she will stop at nothing to get there. W ...more
Emily Hill
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna could be replaced with anyone's name...Finding Emily, Finding Paige, you will find yourself in this awesome, quick read. Anna immediately draws you in with all that is going on in her life. Her ups and downs, highs and lows sucks you right into her world. You will find yourself thinking "hey, that has happened to me before, or hey that is going on right now in my life." Anna's story helps you find yourself and make yourself feel better. You will laugh, maybe shed a tear and realize ...more
Sheri
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a very enjoyable, readable book. The characters come to life and are very relatable. Katie's writing style is perfect - descriptive without going overboard, and the character development is terrific. Life isn't perfect, and this book and it's ending reflect that. Anna is a typical young woman who is naive and inexperienced, but learns to face her challenges and become more adult. Her roommate, Melanie, is a secondary character, but very interesting and layered - I hope there's a book abo ...more
Shayla Ladd
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a tender read for me. It took me back to many of the life lessons I learned after moving away to college. Finding Anna is just that, a girl who finds herself and has her idea of reality tested in many ways. Such a fun, light read. Perfect for a one day read, curled up next to the fire! Katie Cross has such an amazing ability to make her readers feel connected to the characters in her books. I love that this book can be read as a stand alone or in conjunction with the Health and Happ ...more
Banana
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna is a fun book about an innocent college student having to deal with issues and responsibilities beyond her own. Its full of friendship, heartbreak, young love, family drama, study, work, lots of daydreaming, some fudge, and a few weird outfits. Compassionately written (as always) by Katie Cross who has a track record of making me Feel All The Things when reading her work, I’d recommend this to any student (or anyone else focussed on reaching a goal) who may need some perspective on ...more
Sam Shaw
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna was a delightful jaunt back into the world of Katie Cross’s chick lit Health and Happiness Society. Anna was such an amazing character—fun to read, to connect with, and to adventure with. She is so dynamic, hardworking, and kind! I loved her best friend Taysom (everybody needs someone like him) and the relationship she forms with her wild roommate is precious. Once again, Katie Cross shows off her chick lit chops with this stunning cast of characters.
Marti
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was so much fun -- I loved it ! The characters were very authentic and I was immediately caught up in their stories.

I had two small problems:
> I started reading this at bedtime, and couldn't put it down until I finished it.
> I didn't want it to end !! I wanted to keep reading to see what happened in the rest of their lives.

Another great job by one of my very favorite authors! Thanks Katie !!
Loni
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna was another great book done by Katie Cross! You instantly fall in love with Anna and her desires and dreams to see and explore the world the way she wants to. I enjoyed going on her journey with her as she dealt with various trials and came to realize what was most important to her. We can all relate to Anna as we all have wanted to go somewhere or do something only to have life get in the way of our dreams. Thanks again Katie, for another great book!
Deidre Beiter
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Finding Anna. Once I started, I couldn’t put it down. Every one of Katie's books has tugged at my heartstrings, each in its own beautiful way. Told in the first person, this book draws the reader deeper into what makes the main character "tick". This is a magnificent depiction of a deep and abiding love that families are meant to share. My eyes are wet with tears of love and gratitude. I can't wait for the next book of Katie's.
Nati
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna is a daydreamer. She have just started college in her hometown, lives in a little apartment and works hard to save money to trave all around the world, her life dream. But been an adult sucks and life is harder than she expected. She will meet some interesting people and some tough will happen to her in her journey to adulthood but she will raise stronger than before. A very special story very helpful to face adultood.
Darcee Henstock
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna is a wonderful companion novel to the Health and Happiness Society. Anna is a young woman just starting out on her college adventure and she has big dreams. She is a fighter who struggles with some incredibly difficult cards that she has been dealt. This is a heart warming story about finding out what matters most in life and how when you put your mind to it, you can overcome any obstacle. Katie has done such a wonderful job of telling Anna's story.
Charly
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I like to think there’s a little bit of Anna in all of us. Like Katie’s books in the Health and Happiness Society series, Finding Anna is relatable. There are things that hit close to home for me. It’s nice to see we all work through them in our own way. Secondly I think that everyone needs a Melanie in their life. Someone who is free spirited. If you don’t have a Melanie you need to find one ASAP! The only thing is that the books seem to end too soon. Thanks for the great book!
Angie
Mar 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
LOOOOOOOOOOVE this book! It is a sweet story about a girl with lots of goals (others consider them childish daydreams), finding her way in the world as she ventures out in the world on her own for the first time. Join Anna as she conquers college, work, roommates, dating, and learns valuable life lessons along the way. This book is the perfect blend of a light-hearted coming of age tale and finding the strength to persevere. Oh, and there's candy!
Lianne Takach
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Anna is like many college students- living on her own for the first time but home is close by. Being an only child she is thrown a little when a roommate shows up. And, she wants to share the bedroom so she can have a music room?! Who is this?! And, life throws a wrench in her scheduled plans. What does she do? Katie has given us new characters to fall in love with & I can't wait for her next story! Anna is so relatable & we have all met her parents (or grew up with them! ).
Sam Shaw
Apr 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amei Hammer
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finding Anna is a great story of a young women coming to terms with becoming an adult and having to learn the difference between needs and wants. It's a quick read and all the characters are very relatable. Parts of the story even brought me back to my college days! All in all, another amazing book by Katie Cross!
Marie Allcock
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Once again Katie has done us proud. The journey Anna takes to find herself is gripping, heart wrenching and also very sweet. My only criticism is that once again, the tale ended too soon for my liking, I could have happily carried on reading about Anna's whole life.
Tabatha Cuevas
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books. The girl is relatable to every day life. She isn't perfection and doesn't live a dream life. She shows that you don't get everything you picture for yourself in life but life doesn't have to be bad because of that. Definitely worth the read but leaves you wanting more to the story.
Amanda Faith
Feb 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those books that you need to read. Being on a journey to find yourself is difficult. The truths about yourself you uncover is part of the process of healing and being that better person you want to be. Finding Anna is yet another great book in the Health and Happiness series that Katie shares with her readers. This is one of those books I highly recommend.
Dani
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Finding Anna is an easy quick read. A story you want to read about. If you have read The Health and Happiness Society books there are some cute little nods to it.
My only criticism to this book is that I would have liked to see more character development as I have read in Katie Cross’s other books. There is development but I’m very picky 🙂
Denise
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Katie Cross has done it again with Finding Anna. This book is hard to put down and a page turner. She portrays Anna in a realistic way and forces Anna to address real life issues that occur. Through her actions she comes to realize herself. Fantastic book!!
Joscelin Fujii
Mar 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet reminder of the college days

Katie Cross does it again, by pulling me into my sweet college days. Anna reminds me what it feels like to take that step from teenager, to adult. It's a standalone from the Health and Happiness Society Series, but still just as moving.
Goodreads Librari...: Merge 2 12 Apr 18, 2019 04:02PM

• Switched in Time
  • Know You By Heart (Warriors of the Heart #5)
  • Let It Be Me
  • Moving a Little Heart (Little Heart, #1)
  • Loving a Little Heart (Little Heart, #2)
  • The Lying Woods
  • Fight for You (A Warrior for Her, #1)
  • The Darkness: A Bulwark Anthology (Book 8)
  • The Window (A Bulwark Anthology, #4)
  • The Missing Branch (A Bulwark Anthology, #5)
  • The Knowing: A Bulwark Anthology (Book 1)
  • California Girls
  • Raging Sea (Dragon's Dove Chronicles, Book 3)
  • Dawnflight (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, #1)
  • Morning's Journey (The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, #2)
  • The Puzzle of You
  • After the Night (Romance for all Seasons, #1)
  • Duty Bound (Agents of the Crown #3)
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my precious kids, my Vizsla’s who act like children, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Espe