Start by marking “An Unheard Song (Romancing the Page, #3)” as Want to Read:
An Unheard Song (Romancing the Page, #3)

An Unheard Song

(Romancing the Page #3)

Annalie’s dreams came true when her first book became the bestselling debut fantasy of the decade. Awards and accolades were overwhelming and incredible, just like when she used to play professional violin before a manipulative ex silenced her. After her second book tanked with poor sales and worse reviews, her dreams crumbled. She lost her words just like she lost her mus ...more
Published March 12th 2019 by Penglass Publishing

To ask other readers questions about An Unheard Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about An Unheard Song

Laura Lam
Mar 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
The third novella in the Romancing the Page series is out on March 12th! An author falling in love with her assistant while they also plan some revenge. Set in Edinburgh. Super gay. <3
Ceillie Simkiss
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Best one yet!

I thoroughly enjoyed this love story, even more than the first two! It was lovely to see Annalie again and to get a little revenge.
Sean Locke
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An excellent installment in the Romancing the Page series. Short and sweet, and a few notches up the thermometer in the steamy category. Both protagonists were eminently likable and sympathetic, and the villain had believable (and decidedly NOT sympathetic) motivations.

I received an advanced copy of this book, but I'll likely go read it again via KU anyway. Go forth and read!
Michael Underwood
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads, romance
A sweet romance plus a satisfying external plot

Ambrose's romances get stronger and more nuanced with each volume time. Recommended for any fan of sweet and sexy romances.
Phoebe
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
A woman locked within her house meets a woman locked within herself.

Annalie was once a prominent violinist and she let her ex take that away from her. Then she was a famous author and she let the critics and lack of sales take that away from her. Soon her own fears and anxieties lock her in her home. She is still writing though and needs an assistant and a professor connects her with Cam. Cam just lost a scholarship opportunity because she was afraid of speaking out against a harasser. She is no
Lilah Hill
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
I gave this book 4 stars, but I also want to be completely honest with my review.

The first few chapters just didn't grab me, and I couldn't get sucked into the story. I actually stopped and read a different short book to give myself a break for a few days. But when I came back to this one I pushed myself through another chapter, then not long into the next one I was hooked. I read the entire rest of the book in a single sitting because I couldn't put it down.

I love that this book acknowledges
Emily
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
It was great to hear Annalie's story after her earlier appearance in the series. I loved her and Cam and her honest reactions to things (avoiding spoilers!). I loved Cam too and I now also want to move to Edinburgh because it was described so beautifully. It was my favourite of the series and I'm going to enjoy reading them all again soon.
DR
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this short story. Agoraphobia is not fun nor the anxiety attacks when triggered. An effective description of the life within that constraint. Well written with a satisfying ending; short and sweet with just the right amount of bitter.
Mandy 'Hammie'
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was well written with a great storyline and intriguing characters. This tackles the issue of mental abbuse and the effects it can have on a person. This was a quick read but I really wanted more. Well done to the author and I would recommend this book.
Louise
Mar 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Short. Sweet. Emotional. I really enjoyed it and I hope the next book will be longer!
Nancy Meservier
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Annalie is a fantasy author who's hugely popular and critically acclaimed debut novel changed her life for the better. Then her second book tanked, changing it for the worse. Her confidence destroyed, Annalie now suffers from agoraphobia, and struggles to write. Enter Cam, an intern that can hopefully get Annalie's professional life back on track. As the two women grow close, they discover that they have feelings for each other, and a common enemy in both of their pasts.

An Unheard Song is the t
Matthew Preston
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed This One The Most

I've really enjoyed all the books in this series. But I think I enjoyed this one the most.

The Scottish Edinburgh setting was super cool. As was the insight into the 'writing life'. The prose was great and consumable as always. And I liked the sexual tension between the characters.
Runalong
Sandra Gillespie
Apr 04, 2019
P. Industry
May 13, 2019
Laura Ambrose writes F/F romance. The Romancing the Page series (A Hidden Hope, A Perfect Balance, An Unheard Song) features well-rounded, complicated women in the world of writing and publishing. A Laura Ambrose romance is sweet, sexy, and more than a little geeky.

She lives in Edinburgh and is also known as Laura Lam, the author of speculative books (Pantomime, Shadowplay, Masquerade, False Heart

Romancing the Page (4 books)
  • A Frozen Night (Romancing the Page #0.5)
  • A Hidden Hope (Romancing the Page #1)
  • A Perfect Balance (Romancing the Page #2)