Start by marking “Dark Moons Rising” as Want to Read:

Dark Moons Rising

Deidra of Ravenhill is a daughter of light, a healer whose energy can be tapped by the one who marks her. Mordred, bastard son of Owain ap Coel, is determined to be that man. He’s captured the castle, killed her family, and forced her to train as a comforter, preparing her for his ultimate possession.

While Mordred is gone, having the brand made to claim her, De
ebook, Reissue, 42 pages
Published March 15th 2019 by Long Branch Books (first published March 10th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Moons Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Moons Rising

Debra
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shifter-love-x5
I was truly fortunate to have been gifted this book from Nia Farrell in a competition and lucky me.
I've read all Nia's books and they are wonderful. This is totally different from her Three Graces Books.
For all those lovers of Paranormal and shifter story's you will totally fall in love this this one. If you have never tried this genre is is a wonderful place to start. I loved it. I hope this is a prequel to a whole new series. Hint hint NIA!!!!!
This is a short story it is filled to the brim
Felicity Brandon
I received an ARC of this novelette with piqued curiosity. I haven't read many shifter stories, but the premise excited me and I was intrigued. I am pleased to say that this book does not disappoint!
The reader is thrown straight into the action, following our protagonist as she makes her escape and then meets Thorne - one of her soon-to-be leading men! I don't want to give too much away as far as the plot goes, but needless to say things heat up with a sizzling display of sensuality.
I sim
Pandora Spocks
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Dreamy Erotic Romance

When Deidra escapes her ruthless captors, her only thought is to find safety. Even the dark terrors of the forest are preferable to her future as a comforter to Mordred, who cut down her entire household to possess her. When she encounters handsome, brutally masculine Thorne, a shifter centaur, she begs sanctuary. He brings her to the home he shares with his brother, Ragan, and Deidra throws herself on their mercy. To save her from a life as a slave to Mordred, the two man
Talltree
Reviewer: Ingrid Stephanie Jordan
Genre: #PRN #Centaur
My Score: 4 ☆☆☆☆

♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢▪♢
Well this is quite story I was just given this short story which releases tomorrow so I thought well I'll go ahead and read it since Ms. Farrell is a new author for me. I have to say I was intrigued by it especially after I realized they were Centaur Brothers , half horse half man. And the sex geezzzzz Louise talk ab
lovestoread
Cool concept - centaurs!

Interesting characters, Deidre, a girl who is sought after by the king, and kept and trained to service him, Thorne who rescues her when she makes her escape, saving her moments before..., and Ragan, Thorne's older brother.

I loved how she was the one who instigated the sexual relations not the men. Fantastic!
lovestoread
Cool concept - centaurs!

Beverly
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first centaur shifter book, and I must say Thorne and Ragan are magnificent specimens and quite drool worthy. I liked that the brothers felt a connection to Deidra, and that they really seemed to care for her comfort, safety, and pleasure. Quick sensual read. Loved it.
Lena
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short but eventful story.
When Deidra runs from her capture, she is saved by Thorne - a centaur...
There it all starts...
A hot read that wants me to know more.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book
Jay Williams
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Deidra a daughter of light, escapes from a castle known as Ravenhill. It was taken under siege by Mordred. she was to be Mordred's, he wanted her power. Mordred asked for her hand but her father refused spurned he vowed he would have her. Soon her family was murdered along with her people.
Escaping through the forest large arms caught her. The arms belong to Thorn a centaur he takes her home to his brother's Ragan agrees to grant sanctuary. Deidra offers to share her light if they mark her as th
Lia
Mar 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lia review of Dark Moon Rising by Nia Farrell
*****

This is one heck of a hot little read. I have never read a book with a centaur shifter before and I just absolutely loved it. I couldn't think of a better one to introduce the idea.

Deidra has been held captive and put through training to be claimed by Mordred, who killed her whole family just to own her. It takes planning but she finally is able to flee when he's away from the castle. The run through the forest has
Sharlie
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew this book was going to be a hot read because of author Nia Farrell's amazing writing. And also by the man on the cover🔥. This book didn't disappoint me at all! Deidra, daughter of light, is on the run in the forest from evil Mordred. Mordred wants Deidra for her abilities. He has slaughtered her family and the towns people to get her to bend. Thorne, a centaur, rescues Deidra and takes her back to his brother, Ragan hunting lodge. Thorne and Ragan vow to protect Deidra as their own. Enjoy ...more
Sharlie
Charlotte
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

Deidra sought protection as she fled Mordred. Thorne finds Deidra and saves her from falling into a predator's pit. After revealing his centaur shapeshifting to Deidra, Thorne races to his home before darkness can take them. His brother, Ragan, meets them and Deidra pleads her case. I will not reveal anymore hotness. Must Read!!!
Princess Jasmine
Dark Moons Rising

Loved this story it was just the kind of cute fictional story I love to read. The characters were very imaginable and the story flowed with a mixture that makes you want to keep reading till you finish it. That is what happened to me. I highly recommend this quick read.
JB
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hot

I won this book in a FB event. It is erotic, hot romantic and has a little bit of fantasy thrown in to spice things up. Just what I was looking for in a quick hot rub one out book. Enjoy!
Sara Blakesley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sexy novella

A quick sexy romp with 2 alpha males, and a goddess of light. Nia's books are a great quick read when you don't have alot of time and looking for a reverse harem.
Kemberlee Snelling
This is a nice Novella. It’s a quick easy read with a HEA.
Tasha Talks Books Blog
I don't think Nia Farrell can write anything terrible. This book can capture you and take you somewhere else!!! Must read!
Sara Blakesley
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
CL Westbrook
Mar 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fabulous book. Loved it from the start. A page turner that just gripped you and wanted more.

A fabulous book. An amazing read xx
Kat
Apr 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 18+ lovers of erotic paranormal
Shelves: reviewed
Are you ready for a read that will have you burning calories due to excessive sweating? Want to burn calories through your lunch hour by raising your internal temperature? Need to release tension so you can sleep well at night? Or do you just love to read erotic PNR which includes shifters, menage & touches of BDSM? Whichever category you fall into, Dark Moons Rising is definitely the novella you should read!
Our heroine has escaped a madman who captured her castle, killed her family, h
Suzette Salinas
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Author Nia Farrell captures stories of myths, magic and romance with her writing, she leads us to feel as if it could be real with descriptions, characters, settings. The storyline is so precise leading you from one sequence to another. Thorne, Ragan and Deidra are in no way real but you want them to be.
The
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyable

Nia Farrell captured my heart and filled my mind with her authenticity and attention to detail. Incredibly well written, marvelous descriptions, didn't want the story to end. This was my first story, but will definitely won't be my last
Janset
rated it did not like it
Mar 14, 2017
Isa Lavinia
Dec 08, 2016
Rose Howse
Feb 07, 2017
I love reading and writing romance, contemporary and historical, with a special fondness for stories with BDSM and/or menage relationships. I enjoy crafting characters that will stay with you long after you've read about them. Their stories are layered, with topics like PTSD and autism, with elements of spirituality and mysticism, with psychic gifts and everyday challenges to be met and overcome.< ...more