Start by marking “The Five” as Want to Read:

The Five

This is not your average love story...

Every man who meets Rainey wants her. Having lived a life of sex, drugs and manipulation, she is a temptation with far too many secrets.

When psychologist, Justin Redding, is assigned to Rainey's case, he has no way of knowing the tale of debauchery he will encounter.

On a twisted path of love, loss and murder, Rainey leads Justin throug
Paperback, 1st edition, 349 pages
Published March 11th 2019 by Melissa Willis

Start your review of The Five
Jessica ❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥
Wow.

image host

That's the only word I could think of when I finished this book.

My mind is still reeling from the journey this author took me on in the lives of Rainey and Justin! I don't know exactly what I was expecting from this story, but it wasn't this! I would've never guessed the direction the author would take things, or how fucked up it would have me feeling in the end.

image host

It's not often that a book takes me by surprise in this way. I read so much that it's hard to find something new and une
❤️ Paulette  Alphas Review
May 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wtf
Title: ➳ The Five

Author: ➳Lilly White

Published: ➳ March 11th 2019

Rainey Summer Day. Was her name. let me 1st start off with I would completely hate my mother for giving me name like that until I could legally change it.

This book just blew me away emotionally, mentally, & physically. The more I read , it seem more Rainey seem have fell down dark hole, & she couldn’t find way out

I must warn you that this isn’t some sweet love stories with hearts & flowers. This is dark & gritty read. You must walk
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic THE FIVE: Is a full length suspenseful romance novel by ‘Lily White’ Image and video hosting by TinyPic

God where to even start with this review!! This is completely left field to what one would normally come to expect by this author. Going through my mind on repeat once I'd inhaled this was wtf had I just read!! The synopsis doesn't really give you much to go by, our heroine Rainy is unlike anyone you would've encountered before. Her self worth was at a constant zero, she would do literally anything for her next high
Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading

This book is brutal and, ugh, disturbing. This might not be the most accurate comparison, but I imagine it’s like, if the story of Joker & Harley Quinn had a crossover with Penelope Douglas’ Credence, then this book would be the meeting point where it’s dark, sexy, and unhinged.

So, here we meet with Rainey Summer Day—god bless her soul for such a ridiculous name. Anyway, she’s basically sex on legs. After one party gone wrong where her friends were pummelled to death leaving only her somehow mir
Bookworm Extraordinaire
Mar 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
description

descriptionSo hold tight because I need to go pet some fluffy bunnies before I start this review...

description
OK, so...WOW. Where do I start? First, I have to say I think Lily White is one of the most versatile authors I have ever had the pleasure to read. Whenever you pick up one of her books, you never know what you are getting yourself into. Every one of them are unique and frankly, amazing. This book was no different. This is the second book in as many days where I have been blown away by how good it was. It is
Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
Incredibly dark and original, it certainly brought out strong emotions!

This book was cra-cra! It was very well written and I liked how it was laid out. It starts at a police station where a police psychologist is being put on a murder case where a bunch of people were brutally murdered at a house party and one girl survived. She was found tied to a bed in the upstairs bedroom after having been beaten. The cops didn’t get anywhere in questioning her because she had no memory of what happened.

So
warhawke
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Rainey Day might be young but life had not been kind to her. Growing up in a toxic environment, she only knew one way to survive even if it hurt her.

Justin Redding had seen it all. As a psychologist, he was trained to uncover the truth behind the facade. But nothing prepared him for his latest case which with a simple misstep could take him down the rabbit hole.

She was a tiny bird that had fallen from the nest, so insan
Carvanz
Holy heck! How do you even begin to review a book like this? I’ve read a lot of books and many of them have been dark and disturbing, but his one…just, holy heck! Every book I’ve read by this author surprises me and I swore I wasn’t going to let her twist me up this time around. Uh, I’m the fool. She got me. Again.

description

First, let me say to try to avoid any reviews that go into a lot of detail about this story. The way it slowly opens up and reveals itself is part of the overall experience that you wo
Nazanin
May 16, 2019 rated it liked it
3 Stars

A party has gone horribly wrong and Rainey’s friends were brutalized and killed but she survived. She couldn’t remember much of the party and the police couldn’t get too much out of her so they called Justin. He’s a psychologist (a victim advocate). She was the key to what happened in that house and how she survived, So the sessions begin…

Told mostly in dual POV, 1st person. It’s a standalone novel. I really didn’t like the story. I guessed the main twist right so early in the story and I
Jade Violet
The Five was fucking awesome! This is my first Lily White read and it was everything I could've wanted and more - an awesome mystery, a dark and gritty path leading to a nice massive mindfuck thrown in and a whole lot of filthy and poor judgement in between. It was simply it's own thing and what a blessing that is!

The Five centers around Rainey Day, what most would call a white trash girl, living with her single mom. At the beginning she's 17 and moving into yet another slum, Clayton Heights. Li
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“You could feel sorry for me. Laugh at me.Call me stupid or a slut. It didn’t matter because I was still breathing. I was still marching on despite knowing there wasn’t any light at the end of my tunnel”.

Omg this was messed the hell up in the most delicious effed up way!! I don’t even know where to start, how to go about telling you about these characters, and explaining this intricate web of lies plot that had me at a loss for words at times. This author wasted no time in sucking you in
CC
5 Stars!

While in high school, Rainey Day moved to a derelict neighborhood. Though Rainey is a beauty, she doesn’t feel like she is smart and chooses to use her looks to get what she wants. While most of her choices are destructive, Rainey befriends the one person who values her, but she doesn’t want to hold him back. However, when Rainey loses what she holds most important, she must continue to as she’s always done.

“I was a survivor. I knew that and clung to the belief.”

Justin Redding is a
Radd Reader
“Rock bottom is the lowest a person can go, right? Well, I was born there.”

Rainey (22) is the only one to survive a party (4 others killed) and Justin (a victim advocate, psychologist) has been brought in to try to get the truth out of Rainey. ”Give me something, Ms. Day. How were all your friends brutalized, and yet you lived to tell the tale?”

My Thoughts:
WTF!!!!!!! Here are my emotions as I read this book....😬🤥🤐😲🥴🤮🤬🤯😡☹️💩🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️
Can I say again....WTF!!!

The story flips between present (
Carla Bulian
May 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
“My mom did drugs and so did every man she dated. All my friends did. Just about everyone I knew did, so it never occurred to me there was something wrong with it.” This is sad!
This book was a great surprise!
I liked a lot!
Di Covey/TwistedBookReviews
NOW LIVE!

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I inhaled this book. INHALED! Lily White knocked this fucker out of the park! The Five is going on my favorites list!

A tale it was. Cleverly written in an ominous, mysterious, uncomfortable way. Now take a seat, Y'all, and prepare yourself for a dark, deeply depraved story like no other. I'd like to cuss all over this review to explain the shock on my face while rea
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT
Audio..5 stars
Story..2.5 Ick Stars

No kidding this is not an average love story...not even close. It's a stretch for me to even consider it a love story at all. But if obsessive and dysfunctional behaviors can be considered love and romantic, I'm not going to judge...much. 😉

I'll be honest and say that I found myself mostly grossed out by what was happening in the story. I couldn't stop picturing most of the characters as smelly and desease ridden. 🤮 Soooo many unprotected sex scenes and little
Kim BookJunkie ~ Editor & Proofreader
I’ve read everything published by Lily White and this is my favorite by her!!! Rainey is unlike any character we’ve seen from White. The definition of a white trash slut, Rainey will literally do anything (and anyone) for drugs. Rainey was created by the Queen of mind fuckery though, so she is even more than what she initially seems...

I was sucked into this story from page 1 and did not want to stop reading until I finished! THE FIVE was so not only sexy and entertaining but suspenseful and intr
Jennifer Kyle
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars ⭐️
Mirjam

Our love story was a different beast, one filled with insanity, with heartache and misfortune.

I've finished reading The Five two days ago and I'm still wondering what it is I've read, how to review Rainey's story.

Rainey is a walking temptation to every man she meets. All her life, all she knows is sex, drugs, and manipulation. When she is found unconscious and bound to a bed bleeding from a gash on the back of her head in a house with the four bodies of her friends bludgeoned to death, psyc
Shabby  -BookBistroBlog
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Whoah!!!  What the phuck did I just read!! A painful blow to my vagg would've hurt less than walking in  Rainey's shoes.
Lily just waved the wand - stupefy and I'm stunned! I'm so scared of her brain that if I meet her I prolly won't sit next to her. Her devious mind is capable of such barbaric evil that I can almost feel her cackle while she types.
It's convoluted and distressing story of various types of addictions. Drugs, love, hatred and sex. It makes people do stupid things and just oblitera
Bee
4 Breathtaking Stars

I wondered if perhaps the soul of the good burned as brightly as stars, the world unable to contain such fire, so it devised different ways to extinguish them.

This book was truly something else. It has been a while since I’ve been so absorbed in a book. This story is filled with so much pain, heartbreak, love. It will definitely make you want to stop reading at times - but it is written in a way that sucks you in until you finish it.

If it took being crazy to love him,
Hulya Kara Yuksel

Holy fucking shit! 🤯🤯🤯

Fair Warning; This book is not for a faint heart.😬 OMG it was so sick&twisted and just the way I liked it. 😆😆😆. That end literally blew my mind. Wow 😎😎😎

Ms.Lily White, you're officially on my favorite authors list now. I admire you. Bravo! 🙏🙏🙏
Birjis
I'm still not used to Lily White's arch mysteries and her dark tales. I still get book slapped for not being used to her craziness.

Justin is assigned to interrogate Rainey for being part of a crime. She recollects what happens but not the crime. Onward with the facinating tale she takes us throwing little snippets of the crime but keeps insisting telling the crime story in the end.

This story is of a broken girl, who makes bad dicisions and gets entrapped in its consequences. But hath noth for sh
Nay
Wow! What a ride!

The Five is one of those books that reeled me in from the first page and gave my analytical mind a run for its money. The way that Lily White configured this story is genius, and although I had an idea of what might be going on, I have to admit, her writing made me change my mind (and not for the reason one would think), so that, in the end, my guess ended up being wrong. And even if I had guessed it, I still never would have guessed all the circumstances before, after, over, un
Meredith
This is a good one. So far my favorite by Lily White (I've only read a handful of her books).

Morally ambiguous characters abound in this book; some I rooted for more than others. Like the Scars series by Sinden West, there were times this book gave me Gillian Flynn vibes. All these books feature flawed, troubled heroines. The Five starts slow, with a hard-boiled detective tone, but soon turns into a sordid tale of Rainey's past that leads up to a satisfying finale.

I don't want to write anything
Elle
4* STARS!!

description

Not all love stories begin with hearts and flowers. Mine didn’t.

Believe Ms. Lily White to shock you till the core. After I reached 50% of the story, I need sleep for a bit and one hour later, I woke up with nightmare. Yeah, it was my first disturbing experience. The Five describe as not your average love story... with sensitive subject matters that may be upsetting for some readers. Please enjoy your ride on Lily White's insane roller coaster.

Everyone around her is dead. Five yea
Michele
I'm stunned! Mind blown! Even though I somewhat figured out "the mystery" - I definitely was not prepared for the full impact of everything that tied it together. I was not prepared AT ALL. This was such a truly creative storyline. That's all I'm saying as I don't want to give any part of this book away. If you like dark reads, then I highly recommend you read this ASAP!!

" While I blended so perfectly within shadow, it was his light that had brightened the way, his light that had blinded my ey
Laura Lee
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
By: Lily White
5 Stars

Goodness Gracious where Lily White comes up with the stories for her books, is down-right a scary thought!!! Every book she writes, you find yourself cringing from beginning to end.

Rainey has had the most unusual life! In her short time of living, everyone who surrounds her ends up dead. I’m not saying that each and every one who has died, didn’t deserve what happened. The abuse this young lady went through is enough to warrant each of her abusers a rightful death.
Keri Loves Books
A love story so dark and depraved that it will consume you.

Rainey was so lost. A girl who placed her worth on her body. She was willing to sell herself for a few bucks and her next hit. Everyone used her, except him. He loved her. His love was unconditional and bordered on obsession. Rowan wasn't going to give up on her. Rainey and Rowan forever.

A twisted tale of Rainey's life over the past five years. It is graphic and will leave you sad and frustrated for the choices that she makes. However, e
Turning Pages At ...: The Five (Dark/Taboo Buddy Read) by Lily White 24 25 Oct 24, 2019 07:46PM
Maryse's Book Blo...: The Five by Lily White BR ~ 5/3/19 114 29 May 16, 2019 12:32PM

• Nocturnes & Nightmares (The Sandman Duet, #1)
  • Ecstasy
  • The Devil's Advocate (Devil's Playground, #2)
  • Requiem & Reverie (The Sandman Duet, #2)
  • While I Was Away
  • The Devil (Devil's Playground, #1)
  • Blood and Chaos (Chaos #2)
  • Covet (Sinful Secrets, #3)
  • Playette
  • The Professor
  • Reign of Ruin
  • Stalk Her
  • Parallel (Parallel, #1)
  • Impact
  • Taken (Original Sin #1)
  • Forever and Never (Magnolia Cove, #2)
  • Deception and Chaos (Chaos, #1)
Lily White is a bestselling author who likes to dabble on the dark side of romance. She is most known for her Masters Series, Target This, Wishing Well, and The Five.

When she isn’t writing as Lily White you can find other books by her under M.S. Willis where she has penned the Control Series, the Estate Series, and Because of Ellison (contemporary romance).

Lily enjoys stretching her writing musc