Start by marking “Demon Mine (Demons, #1)” as Want to Read:
Demon Mine (Demons, #1)

Demon Mine

(Demons #1)

Book 1 in the complete series of 5 books.

They are big, strong and silent. Their faces are hidden behind masks and their bodies are enclosed in armor suits. They took me from my home in the middle of the night and have been holding me in isolation for months. I dont fully understand the purpose of my captivity. No one explains anything to me. No one even talks to me.

Nearly
Published by Rocky River Publishing (first published April 30th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Demon Mine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Demon Mine

Start your review of Demon Mine (Demons, #1)
Celestine
Demon Mine by Marina Simcoe starts out as a mystifying horror story with abusive overtones and ends with a love story so epic it has relevance for an entire race.

The beginning of this story will hold you spellbound in ignorance and terror. Simcoe does an excellent job of putting the reader in the head of kidnapped Alyssa. She is in a dark place and has been withstanding unspeakable horrors for months. She is at the end of her tether and then a sliver of hope comes from the man in the mask. I'm
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
71j20Vc1P3L._UY200_.jpg

I really enjoyed Demon Mine: maybe not as much as To Love A Monster but it was still a worthy read with so much to offer.
An original and unique concept I was ever so intrigued and fascinated from the get-go with this and I also found the whole concept of this story ever so irresistible indeed.
Alyssa and Sytrius as a couple really did grow on me and I was definitely invested in this pairs overall outcome almost right from the onset.
I myself found this a tale of two halves: the first part being
❤️Emma Book Lover ❤️
4.5 "We are one and the same. You and me" Stars

I have so many thoughts about this book that I would like to share, but at the same time I don't want to give anything away either.
A beautiful and emotional love story that really touched me and made me fell in love with the H over and over again.
This book has a slow start full of tension, intense emotions and frustration .I consider this author very talented at describing everything very accurate, it's like you are being transported into the book
Mara
Oct 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trash-bin
After midpoint I skim read a lot. The book was boring beyond belief, given the plot it should have had.
Please read all the "good" reviews too. But know I found the book badly written, I'm sorry to say, but I don't see much talent here. It was clumsily written, both dialogue and descriptions were, IMHO of course. Characterization was sketchy at best. Both main characters weren't believable. She had the maturity of a teenager, and sounded like one (NA at its worst). He was robotic, and if it was
T00zday
This was a pretty fantastic story. I was not surprised because I had read some spoilers. Still really really enjoyed it despite knowing what was coming.
Multiple POV was cool. I didn't really feel like the story stalled anywhere, but it was a slow-ish start with world building and laying the story foundation.
There wasn't any rape in the story...unless you count battery operated devices. Sweet love story and I am SO hoping the author turns this into a series.
Kindle Unlimited
Recommended!
V. A Court of Wings and Ruin is NEW ADULT/EROTICA but Goodreads editors won't tell you to include it in the choice awards
UPCOMING RANT
You know an author has a great concept in her hands when even without reading it, I'm already ready to rant about this book just after reading the synopsis and my friend Kriss' review .

I'M SO WRONGLY TEMPTED BY THIS BOOK!!! THE BLURB is calling my name, it's like a siren call that can lead me to my doom. Or to finding a new favourite. Or to my doom. Or to finding a new favourite, Or to my doom, or to finding a new favourite. See? I'm really torn.

I'm so intrigued by this book. AND
AvidReader
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This one of those books that I downloaded based on review, kept in my TBR list for a long time and finally decided to give it a try.
And... Im so glad I give it a try!
This was a very compelling read.
And I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was certainly different from my usual read.

We have Alyssa who was kidapped and held captive by a group of masked-armored men for more than a year. Nobody explained her anything about her situation, she didnt have any hope, no one to hear her cry and no one to even talk.
Jacqueline J
Well done paranormal romance. The world building was well thought out. This was a complete novel not just an excuse for some sex scenes.
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
Demon Mine is a wonderful little hidden gem of a novel in a similar vein to books like: Stolen by an Alien, Transcendence, Ruth's Bonded--I even found some aspects of it reminiscent of The V Girl. The vagueness of the blurb and the cover art don't fully convey just how sweet and good this book is!

Since I don't really believe in reviews without kinda telling readers what's up, please consider the following portion of my review to be intermixed with spoilers and opinions, as well as warnings of
Victoria
May 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect!
Tiffany Roberts
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely adored Sytrius. He was kind, caring, and compassionate. He knew what was happening was wrong, but was trapped, unable to do anything about it. Until the moment he couldthen he defied all the rules so that he could protect Alyssa. She was a great match for him. Not saying she didnt struggle with the fact that he was an incubus, but in time, there was acceptance along with her compassion that this is what he is. That he needs those emotions to feed, to be strong. They grew together ...more
Sakina Carter
Jan 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a real paranormal romance book.

What made this book stand out was reading the romance blossom between the demon H who risked his only way of life for the female human h. Even though Alyssa only started interacting with the H because of her captivity in the beginning of the story, it was beautiful to read about how she fell in love with the H.

They fought for their love and the author really draws you into the world she created.

Good read.
Katrina
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story of redemption through love is definitely not a new one. It is a foundation for myriad of books - Beauty and the Beast is not only one of the most beloved but is a prime example. The popularity of it stems from our fundamental belief in the most beautiful and powerful emotion, the power of love. With such popularity the challenge for the authors is to bring something in to the story/approach that makes it stand out from countless other, makes it memorable. For me, Demon Mine was such ...more
Heather Mccloud
Too much for me!

I'll give credit where credit is due. I loved half of thus book but I got to about 59% through and it just went down hill for me. I loved the beginning of the book and I held sympathy for the female character and compassion for the male, however, once they were free it was odd for me. Alyssa became annoying. She was very bossy and confrontational, which I sort of understood,with her trying to gain some control back, but then again it was like push and pull. Too much back and
Jamie Schlosser
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a pleasant surprise! The story is unlike anything I've ever read before, and I loved it. The first part of the book is a bit dark. I went into the book knowing this, so I wasn't shocked. If you like PNR, definitely read this author's work. I'm on the second book in the Demons series, and I'm loving it just as much!
SWEETY
May 21, 2019 added it
Shelves: dnf
DNF 70%
I honestly dont know about this one, soooooo...
It started out nicely, this was the first of the incubus-succubus genre for me. I saw some really great reviews for this one, and I really really wanted to like it. Maybe I had set my expectations too high, but for some reason I just couldnt take Demon Mine seriously.
description

Theres some major major conversations about rape, consent and rape culture that I felt was taken too lightly. I felt like the line really blurred at times.

Dont read the spoiler
Coco.V
Jan 21, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/21/2020)! 🎁
Heather *Undercover Goth Queen*
DNF at 31%

This sounds interesting (and smutty) but I'm so incredibly bored. I haven't picked this book up in days or even thought about it. I own it, so I might try again someday.
Bubbles The Book Pimp
This was my first read by this author. ( I've since read all her other books )

Wow... different and refreshingly so...

Alyssa has been held captive by masked amour suited men for a long time... she doesnt know how long.. she gave up scratching the passing days into her cell wall.. weighed down with despair she doesnt know how much longer she can hold on to her fragile grip of hope. Her fight is gone and so is her the strength to fight what has happened to her.

Sytirius is a soldier, a
Jessie
I've never seen so many exclamation marks in one sentence. What's up with that?

This read was new and interesting, but I couldn't help feeling twitchy too - Incubi sexually pleasuring kidnapped women to feed beautiful stone-faced council members. This was just wrong.

The writing was good. The logic of the story was understandable. However, the dialogue could have been better. It sucks when you're so into the characters but get disappointed when their dialogue is meh and immature.

Also, I like
Lauren
Nov 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book mostly because it was different from anything I've read. Incubi demons kidnapping women so they can feed off their sexual energy? Dark, yes, but interesting. I liked the 'worldbuilding' with the Handlers and the Council. And, even though it had its problems, I liked the relationship between our two main characters.

What detracted from this book was the writing and the characterizations. Both were slightly juvenile. In terms of the writing style, it looked...a little...something
Gaia, lover of slowburn
Extremely unique plot! I mean, how did the author even come up with this? Its awesome

The writing however, is a bit flawed. The main characters for me seem too good to be true. Throughout the story some key details are not mentioned which confused the hell out of me and the worldbuilding is a bit bland. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one bothered by this, but what's with the exclamation marks? Seeing them pop out every once in a while is okay, but in this book its in like every page? What's
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
Jan 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2020
SPOILERS THROUGHOUT:
I loved this book so much, I dont even have the words. From the synopsis, to the first chapter, to the middle, to the end, I was absolutely enthralled by this book. The characters and their beautiful, broken story just gripped my heart and wouldnt let go!

Alyssa- To see Alyssa go from this broken and hopeless character, to the woman she is at the end of the book, is so inspiring. Seeing only a glimpse of what she had to go through and what she survived broke my heart
Emma
Great story but the one thing I hated was that all the chapters were named and, as such, were spoilers as to what was coming up next in the book. I like to be surprised!!
Gemma
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I want a demon too!!

Loved it! loved it! loved it!
Great story with totally loveable characters. This book had it all for me. Well done Marina I'm just sorry it took me so long to get to it .
JoAnn
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: demons, ku
This story line had so much potential if written properly, but unfortunately towards the middle it just got boring... so much pointless internal dialogue... I ended up skimming lot just to get to the end, like I said the plot was good so I intern wanted to know how it ended... I just wanted to skip the boring stuff.

Im also not one to complain about a few errors but I usually dont notice them like I did in this book, like using off instead of of and so on, minor but enough to throw the whole
Nike
Best Demon romance I have read in a long time, I love the connection between H and h, is hot, sweet, romantic, pack with action, strong h, and great sex. What else can you ask for? Next book please! Can wait for the next installment in this series (please tell me it will be a series).
alicat ♡➹♡

Such a sweet story that started in quite a disturbing way. I really enjoyed the progression and the relationship between the two main characters.

The plot was quite unique and well thought out. I hope that we will see more novels set in the same universe!
Summer
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 3/7/19 Still 5 stars.
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Unapologetic Roma...: Simcoe, Marina // Demon Mine 9 21 Jun 09, 2019 08:00PM

• Contagion
  • Treasure Of The Abyss (The Kraken, #1)
  • His Darkest Craving
  • Red
  • Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • The Scorpion's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #1)
  • The Pet Project
  • Redemption (Haven #2)
  • Undying (Valos of Sonhadra, #7)
  • Rampion: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Wings
  • The Serpent's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #3)
  • Saving Askara (Tori & Aderus, #1)
  • Won by an Alien (Stolen by an Alien, #3)
  • Havoc of Souls
  • Tamed by the Troll (Perished Woods #1)
  • Lilith's Fall (Shadows in Sanctuary, #1)
  • Pythen (Galactic Order, #1)
Marina Simcoe loves to write romance with ordinary human heroines and out-of-this-world heroes who just cant live without them.
She has lots of fun exploring how her otherworldly characters with their own set of beliefs, values, and aspirations fit into our everyday life.

For more illustrations of her books please visit Marina Simcoe Author page on Facebook.

Demons (5 books)
  • The Forgotten (Demons, #2)
  • Grand Master (Demons, #3)
  • The Last Unforgiven: Cursed (Demons, #4)
  • The Last Unforgiven: Freed (Demons, #5)

News & Interviews

“You’re scared,” he protested.
“My faith is bigger than my fear.”
1 likes