Start by marking “Fly Like a Bird” as Want to Read:
Fly Like a Bird

Fly Like a Bird

A coming-of-age story of a young white girl who fights racism and betrayal as she tries to unravel the truth about her parents' deaths and escape the town that lied to her. Ivy, a young girl growing up in a small town in the 70s where everyone knows everything, discovers her family and the people in her town are keeping secrets about the night a car crash killed her parent ...more
Expected publication: November 1st 2019 by BQB Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Fly Like a Bird, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fly Like a Bird

Kristina
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to NetGalley for this advanced copy to review.

This is a coming to age story about a girl, Ivy, who is left orphaned after the mysterious deaths of her parents. Her grandmother raises her and she is close to her extended family (which they will not go into detail about certain things about her parents).

There are actually quite a few characters in this which can get a little confusing but I liked that most of them grow in different way. I loved the character development.

Overall I thought it
BreeAnn
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I really struggled with this book. It was hard to get into. There were so many characters and I just felt overwhelmed reading it.

Thank you NetGalley for thw opportunity to read this jn exchange for my honest review.
Edna
Sep 15, 2019 rated it liked it
It was just good for me. Started out slow. So many people.
Thanks, NetGalley for the advance copy to review.
Miriam
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
The main character Ivy Taylor has been raised all her life by her grandmother, Violet. As Ivy grows up we learn about her extended family (2 Uncles and 2 cousins) her friends and the relationship she has with her grandmother.

They live in a small town in Iowa called Coffey. The timeline of the book covers 1959 – 1986.

As Ivy grows she learns her grandmother might be keeping some secrets about what happened to her parents.

The author does not dwell on the every day ins and outs of life in a small to
Helen Manoli
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Received a copy of this book through NetGalley .
Interesting storyline,and a good story to follow the downside was that there were to many characters introduced,which at time was difficult to follow trying to relate to all of them but once over this,the story was interesting and showed the human spirit at its best and worst.
The only thing that I did not like was at the end of the story and the sudden appearance of Nick,as if his character was forgotten and then suddenly remembered at the end mor
Bonnye Reed