Start by marking “Crinoline Cowboys: A Cowboy of Her Own / Josephine's Dream / Love's Cookin' at the Cowboy Cafe / Bea Mine” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  10 ratings  ·  9 reviews
4 Women Bring Southern Charm to a Cowboy Town
 Crinoline Creek, Texas, 1868

A Cowboy of Her Own by Patty Smith Hall
Bookish southern belle Madalyn Turner knows what she wants—to be a cowboy and own a Texas ranch. But books are far different from real life and soon she realizes she needs help.

Josephine’s Dream by Cynthia Hickey
An inexperience Southern belle a/>Josephine’s/>A
Published November 1st 2019 by Barbour Books

To ask other readers questions about Crinoline Cowboys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crinoline Cowboys

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Crinoline Cowboys: A Cowboy of Her Own / Josephine's Dream / Love's Cookin' at the Cowboy Cafe / Bea Mine
Karen R
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
An entertaining collection of all new stories set in post Civil War Texas.
"All she wanted was a place to call home, to belong..."
This group of former Southern belles show a lot of spunk, ingenuity and determination in their new situations of reduced circumstances. A sort of Steel Magnolias crossed with the men of Bonanza. I enjoyed all of the unique tales set in the small town of Crinoline Creek, Texas. They each share nuggets of faith mixed in as the characters work hard to make a new l
Anne
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Crinoline Cowboys
By Patty Smith Hall, Cynthia Hickey, Marilyn Turk, Kathleen Y’Barbo
This short collection of novellas follows the path of four men and women who find love in Crinoline Creek. The novellas are stand-alone and I wish that they had interacted with each other more. I thought the stories average and didn’t care for “Love’s Cookin at the Cowboy Café.” These were short and sweet, easy to read novellas but they just didn’t make an impression on me. The collection all read lik
Becky
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Once again, another collection of novellas written by four talented authors, but these all take place in Crinoline Creek, Texas. Four ranchers need a woman about the place. In very different circumstances, each of the young ladies is in a predicament of her own making and the men who rescue them somehow end up falling in love with the very girls they think they don't need.

The stories tend to end before I want them to, but they are good reading to while away a chilly afternoon while snuggled und
Ann
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is absolutely wonderful! All of the stories are very well written and hold your attention. If you like a good clean Historical Western Romance that has action and adventure, you will love this book. Thank you Barbour Publishing, Inc via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. All opinions expressed are my own. I highly recommend this book.
Amy
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crinoline Cowboys is a fun collection of four stories. These stories include:
A Cowboy of Her Own by Patty Smith Hall
Josephine’s Dream by Cynthia Hickey
Love’s Cookin’ at the Cowboy Café by Marilyn Turk
Bea Mine by Kathleen Y’Barbo
I loved all of these delightful stories. My favorite of the four has got to be Kathleen Y'Barbo's Bea Mine.
I give this collection five plus stars.
JoAnn
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Crinoline Cowboys is a very good collection of historical romance stories. I found each selection to be well written. If you enjoy historical fiction you will enjoy this book. I received an arc from the publisher. This is my unbiased review.
Kay Mcleer
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
These four stories were great, I love Westerns anyway and these stories were just great. Each author was able to write in their style while making each story blend in well.
Jennifer Purcell
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Crinoline Cowboys is a collection of 4 novellas about Georgia women who head to Crinoline Creek, Texas. Even though the stories have the same setting, they’re not connected much. A minor character in one story shows up again in another, but besides that, there isn’t any continuity. One story mentions eating at the cafe, and then the next says there is no cafe. It would’ve been nice if the stories were a bit more connected, but it didn’t take away from the enjoyment of the collection.

Mariko Tsubaki
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a collection of four historical novellas tied together by the theme of starting over. Each novella is set in the town of Crinoline Creek, Texas in the year 1868 and is the story of a strong woman leaving the war torn South and making a new life in Texas. Although each novella is a stand alone story, they all contain the theme of starting over and letting go of the past.
I have always enjoyed books of novellas, because you are given a chance to try new authors.
Crystal Brothers
Lexa
Nov 09, 2019
Tami
Nov 11, 2019

• Once Upon a Dickens Christmas: 3 Charming Christmas Tales Set in Victorian England
  • Sew in Love: 4 Historical Stories of Love Stitched into Broken Lives
  • The Rebel Bride (Daughter of the Mayflower, #10)
  • Hope's Highest Mountain (Heirs of Montana, #1)
  • The Oregon Trail Romance Collection: 9 Stories of Life on the Trail into the Western Frontier
  • In the Cradle Lies (Tree of Life #2)
  • Homefront Heroines: 4 Young Women Dream of Victory and Love During WWII
  • Lake Season (Bluebell Inn Romance #1)
  • Diamond in the Rough (American Heiresses, #2)
  • A Love Restored
  • Lessons on Love: 4 Schoolteachers Find More Than They Bargained for in Their Contracts
  • Aiming for Love (Brides of Hope Mountain, #1)
  • The Painted Castle (Lost Castle #3)
  • A Distance Too Grand (American Wonders Collection, #1)
  • Knox (The Montana Marshalls, #1)
  • An Amish Second Christmas
  • New Beginnings at Promise Lodge (Promise Lodge #4)
  • The Thief of Lanwyn Manor (Cornwall, #2)
I'm a published  author who calls North Georgia my home. Married to my own hero for 36+ years, we have two gorgeous daughters, a son-in-love and a grand boy who has me wrapped around his tiny finger! Connecting with people who love to read as much as I do is one of my favorite things.