Start by marking “Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)” as Want to Read:
Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)

Master of the Phantom Isle

(Dragonwatch #3)

Cursed by the Key of Forgetting, Seth has lost all memory of his past—his relationships, his experiences, and who he really is. For now he will align with his new mentor, Ronodin, the dark unicorn, who takes him to the Phantom Isle, the secret gateway to the Under Realm. Though Seth is not formally a prisoner, Ronodin wants to use him and his shadow charmer powers for his ...more
Audio CD
Published October 1st 2019 by Shadow Mountain

To ask other readers questions about Master of the Phantom Isle, please sign up.
Sarah The expected publication date for the next book is October 13, 2020. That might change given it is pretty far out but I've found Brandon Mull's books …moreThe expected publication date for the next book is October 13, 2020. That might change given it is pretty far out but I've found Brandon Mull's books tend to be released on schedule.(less)
Sarah The 4th book is called Champion of the Titan Games.

Start your review of Master of the Phantom Isle (Dragonwatch, #3)
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
… I think I’m becoming disenchanted with this series.

Something has changed. I can’t put my finger on precisely what that is (or can I?) but the exciting, evoking sense of wonder this author dazzled me with in his first five books has diminished.

I have a few theories.

1. Plot. Or rather, a lack thereof. It seems to me like there isn’t enough meaningful forward-progression of story to sustain the page count so far. It’s an endless stream of practically identical encounters and hollow “choose your o
Jerecho
The struggle is real...

I want to...

And I made it...

Because I can't continue if I leave a page unturned...

Next stop... The Titan Valley...
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Yeah, that's fine. Just leave me without any resolution. That's great. I'm fine. At least this wasn't as bad as Wrath of the Dragon King with regard to the ending but still not cool. In this book, we saw the return of some old characters from Fablehaven. Some made me smile at the old memories and some made me scream in frustration. After book 2 I became a little concerned that this series would decline but I feel like this book totally redeemed the series. I'm actually really happy with the way ...more
Connor
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: middle-grade, dragons
A pretty solid installment, I found. I liked seeing a different area of the Fablehaven world a lot. I liked seeing some new magical being/creatures. I really enjoyed this book's focus on Seth because he has so much room to grow still.
I think the ending was a bit quick and convenient, but I still really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Biz
well that was certainly A Book! Review and rating to come! I have several thoughts
A.M.G. ☮Hippie/Fantasia☮
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: All Fablehaven and Dragonwatch fans (obviously)
Pre-Read

I do not question. I. Just. WANT!

Post-Read

Rating: 5 / 5

Now, just to be clear, this is still a five stars read; however, I would be hard-pressed to say that I loved it as much as I've loved...well, pretty much every other book in this and the Fablehaven series. PLEASE hear me out!

Okay, so, first for the plot. We start off almost immediately where we left off in Wrath of the Dragon King, with Seth newly kidnapped by Ronodin following the loss of his memories at the end of the second book.
Harper Nicole
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yep. I blew it. I dreamt up my own idea of this book, you know, in this year of waiting, *glares at Brandon*, and I was WAY off. Okay, maybe not WAY off. But way off. Who cares...

I'M IN LOVE! With two things. Bracken, and this book. I could, through Kendra, talk to Bracken all day. No joke. Yes, I'm gonna be that person that screams at the book, telling everyone to move on with their lives, and just to skip to the parts with Bracken in it. But, you know, Seth's story is interesting too, I guess.
Aimee (Getting Your Read On)
Dragonwatch, Master of the Phantom Isle doesn’t miss a beat, picking up right where the last book left off. The dragons are still at it, seeking domination, and it’s hard to imagine a greater threat. Though in this adventure a greater threat does reveals itself. Can Kendra stand against this dark threat without the help of Seth?

For Seth, life is hard when dealing with memory loss and the choices one makes under those circumstances gets to the heart of the character. It is fun exploring Seth’s ch
Mindy
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Master of the Phantom Isles is another wild ride by one of my favorite authors. With the turn of every page, I was waiting to see what could possibly happen next! I was always at the edge of my seat in anticipation. Those pesky dragons, wow! And poor Seth. Beloved characters in peril, new and old characters causing trouble, reliable characters with their usual fun and witty comic relief. This book was awesome, and I haven't missed a book from this author. ...more
Jessica
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I love all of Brandon Mull’s books but this story just seemed... extra funny and even more adventurous than usual. Seth has no memory of his identity and is with Ronodin in the Phantom Isle. Kendra and her friends travel from Wyrmroost to the Crescent Lagoon, both for protection and to help the fallen sanctuary of Crescent Lagoon. We’re introduced to new characters, like a giant, a new wizard, selkie, and mer folk. This book is an all-around good time. The characters are brave and interesting an ...more
Jul 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I won the book lottery and was able to get my hands on an advanced reader's copy of this book almost 4 months before its' release. My favorite book of Mull's so far-yet the one that caused the most heartache for the characters I have come to love.
For the first time we get to experience light vs dark and good vs evil without knowing which will triumph. Seth's sacrifice with the Key of Forgetting has started him on a new path-one with no memories of who he is. Trying to find his own way while unde
Deborah Clipp
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Haven’t read this yet but it’s easily one of most anticipated books of this year and HOLY SMOKES the description sounds freakin’ EPIC!!! I predict that this will be my favorite Fablehaven book yet.
Declan
Nov 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Elizabeth
Jul 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“Your obligation is to me. Do not forget who is master of the Phantom Isle.”

Now this is what I’m talking about. Wrath of the Dragon King left with a big cliffhanger and right from the start that is addressed. More is learned of the situation a certain character has been placed in.

Meanwhile, the rest of the cast (including old favorites Warren, Vanessa, and Tanu!) goes on vacation travels to a new dragon sanctuary, Crescent Lagoon. The preserve has fallen but the caretaker has
Tressa (Wishful Endings)
4.5 Stars

MASTER OF THE PHANTOM ISLE is a book full of danger and adventure as these characters continue on their quest to keep dragons from destroying the world. Likable and familiar characters from the series as well as a few new characters join the story as the setting shifts from one dragon sanctuary to another. Multiple storylines and plenty of risks and action keep the story constantly moving, making for a non-stop read. Fans of the genre and of the series will find much to love!

This third
Shae
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Another solid installment in the series.

This is a very Seth centered book, and I really enjoyed that aspect of it. His storyline was very intriguing to me, and kept my attention throughtout.

We spend a lot of time on a new preserve in this novel, and I enjoyed the change of scenery. I felt like we got some great new characters, as well as just a different feel overall to the novel. This book was definitely setting up some things for the next book, and I am ready to see where Mull takes it.

I do h
Michelle Kenneth - PerfectionistWannabe.com
This book took a little longer to get through. Usually, I can get through a YA book rather quickly, but this time, I couldn't. I mulled this over in my head and realized why. It's been 13 years since Fablehaven was released. If you were 7 years old when you started this series, you should be 20 years old by now and possibly in college. That means that you should be reading at a different level by now, eight books later.

I really appreciated that Mull took that route. With each book, he's taking u
Bonnie
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The hardest part about series as fantastic as this one, is you have to wait for the next installment. I have loved Seth and Kendra since the beginning of FABELHAVEN. DRAGONWATCH has continued the story so well. I was wrapped up in the story and couldn't put the book down. Ideas of how Seth would pull through swirled through my head. I couldn't figure out how Kendra was going find her brother. It felt like I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. The sacrifices others made brought tears to m ...more
Aubrey
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
**Warning: this text may contain spoilers** Brandon Mull has my praise. He was once again: able to give Kendra a weapon that signified so much more, make new characters that are AMAZING (*cough cough Faro*), keep the old ones super, give a plot that keeps me in suspense bit is fun, and just give me paper gold.

Kendra is still my favorite. Her powers were greatly overshadowed in previous books and its great to see her powers finally saving the day!

Faro died!! I wanted to cry!!!

This is my current
Ms. Yingling
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
E ARC provided by Edelweiss

I love the Fablehaven series, and this continuation gets deliciously dark, which is perfect for middle school students who read the first series in 6th grade and then are in 8th grade when they get to this book. So good, but I forgot to take notes so can't remember the details to write a good review. But trust me, your fantasy readers NEED more Mull!
Laura Vera
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, fantasy
This is my favorite of the Dragonwatch series so far. I love how the magical world expanded and we get to see more of the workings. I enjoyed Seth in this book as well, not something I can always say.
sophie
May 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’m so happy with this book! The conclusion was satisfying but leaves you waiting for the next book!
Cora
Aug 30, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
(Read this review on my blog!)

It honestly hurts my heart to have to rate a Fablehaven/Dragonwatch book 4 stars. I thought I'd be able to rate them all 5 stars, but nope. Master of the Phantom Isle has gotten one knocked off. But there are reasons! I'll start with those, then dive into what I like about this book!

Wrath of the Dragon King spoilers! (view spoiler)
Nay Denise
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-favorite
Received a copy for review from the publisher.

Definitely a great addition to the Dragonwatch series! I totally enjoyed revisiting this fantasy world with all it's new mythical creatures. Talking Octopus, somber wraiths, an evil unicorn and dragons. I'm here for it. The writing was just as action packed and intriguing as the other two books. I loved the writing of this book much more as well.

Seth and Kendra are still my favorite characters ever. I loved seeing their growth from books one to three
Jane
Cathy
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Brandon Mull writes amazing books! I love the fact that those books are enjoyed at least as much by parents as by the kids who also love to read them. Let’s just say that we have two much fought over copies of this book at our house.

This one opens where Dragonwatch: Wrath of the Dragon King leaves off. You’re going to want to be sure that you’ve read at least the first two Dragonwatch books first, and most likely the Fablehaven series as well. Don’t worry, though. They are easily read and so gre
Eileen
A definite winner! When I began this series, I wasn't sure that I liked it as much as the original Fablehaven series, but I thought Brandon Mull did a great job with this book. It can't be easy writing a book from the point of view of someone who has lost his memory of who he is--his entire identity. And yet, as we progress, we know that Seth has still retained his true essence. It's interesting how he rediscovers that even while he struggles with his dark powers and what he has done or not done ...more
buzy_reading
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The mission should these two young caretakers choose to accept it is for Kendra to save Seth and restore the sanctuary while Seth becomes indebted to the Underking. Kendra summons the help from magical creatures of the light while Seth draws help from the darkness.
The journey they began in Fablehaven helped establish skills and knowledge for new adventures in the dragon sanctuary.
Once again Kendra and Seth drew upon the magical creatures to aid in their adventures.
This is a character driven s
C.P. Cabaniss
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
"She decided evil was most dangerous when operating with a smile."

This followup to the Fablehaven series has been just as good, if not better, than the originals. This third installment took me longer than expected to get through, but not because I didn't like it. It was emotionally hard hitting, after the events of the ending of Wrath of the Dragon King and that slowed me down.

There isn't a lot to say about this one without giving away spoilers for the previous books, but if you've read th
Adam
Aug 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The feeling I felt from this novel was hope. Hope that good would win and the others would be rescued. However, I wish that there was a better description of the sanctuary. That being said, the book was still a great part of the series.

One of the worst aspects of the story is the dragon encounters. The dragons always use fear to immobilize their prey, therefore not making a great fight possible. “Seth found he could no longer move.” However, Mull always comes up with great circumstances for the
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Seeking Serum (Potion Masters, #3)
  • Magic Required (Wizard for Hire, #3)
  • The Transparency Tonic (Potion Masters, #2)
  • The Eternity Elixir (Potion Masters, #1)
  • The Last Dragon (The Revenge of Magic, #2)
  • Apprentice Needed (Wizard for Hire, #2)
  • Return of the Temujai (Brotherband Chronicles, #8)
  • Dragon Slayers (The Unwanteds Quests #6)
  • The Future King (The Revenge of Magic, #3)
  • A Clever Alliance (Regency Brides: A Promise of Love, #1)
  • The Tower of Nero (The Trials of Apollo, #5)
  • Shatter City (Impostors, #2)
  • The Missing Prince (Ranger's Apprentice: The Royal Ranger, #4)
  • The Revenge of Magic (The Revenge of Magic, #1)
  • Legacy (Keeper of the Lost Cities #8)
  • Deborah
  • The Caldera (Brotherband Chronicles, #7)
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
Brandon Mull resides in a happy little valley near the mouth of a canyon with his wife and three children. He spent two years living in the Atacama Desert of Northern Chile where he learned Spanish and juggling. He once won a pudding eating contest in the park behind his grandma’s house, earning a gold medal. Brandon is the author of the New York Times bestselling Fablehaven series and The Candy S ...more

Dragonwatch (5 books)
  • Dragonwatch (Dragonwatch, #1)
  • Wrath of the Dragon King (Dragonwatch, #2)
  • Champion of the Titan Games (Dragonwatch, #4)
  • TBA (Dragonwatch, #5)