Start by marking “Galen's Redemption (Links in the Chain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Galen's Redemption (Links in the Chain, #2)

Galen's Redemption

(Links In the Chain #2)

A Links In the Chain Story

A rich man is about to set foot into an unknown world, while a Good Samaritan fears he’ll have to close the charity he’s spent his life building. Poised to lose it all, they might find what they need most in each other.

Son of a wealthy importer, Galen Merriweather lives to broker deals, and he’s damn good at it. But it’s getting harder to ignore t
Published April 16th 2019 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Galen's Redemption, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Galen's Redemption

Start your review of Galen's Redemption (Links in the Chain, #2)
Christelle
The blurb sounded promising – a sexy man seeking redemption and a good romance between two guys coming from different worlds, yep, sign me in -, but it didn’t work out that well for me.

The wealthy and shrewd business man, Galen, realizes, when meeting Robert, the owner of homeless shelter, that his life is not going in the direction he wishes nor he's proud of. He opens his eyes about his real priorities, what friendship and family entails and opens as well his heart to the sexy and so caring R
Sandra
3.5 stars, rounded up.

A couple of things upfront...

1. This is book 2 in a series and thus shouldn't be read as as standalone. Events and characters from book 1 make appearances here, and it would be difficult for a reader to discern the importance of these events without having read the first book.
2. Suspend all disbelief once you start reading. I'll explain that in my review.

Galen is Lincoln's younger brother. After Lincoln left their father's company (and the family by extension), Galen has do
Trio
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-r2r, mm-romance
More than a romance, Galen’s Redemption is an inspiring story that will make you smile. This second book in Parker Williams’ Links in the Chain series is a heartfelt look at one man’s journey toward a whole and happy life. This novel can stand alone, but with the benefit of the background information in Lincoln’s Park, you’ll have a great appreciation for Galen’s transformation. Just wait till you see how far he’s come!

Raised by a manipulative father to value wealth and power over kindness and c
CrabbyPatty
FYI - "Galen's Redemption" is the second in the Links in the Chain series. You really need to read Lincoln's Park (featuring Galen's brother Lincoln and his boyfriend Noel) first because events that start in the first book carry over to the second book and otherwise you will feel you have been dropped right in the middle of an ongoing story.

We first meet Galen in Lincoln's Park when he shows up at his brother Lincoln's diner and behaves likes a total jerk to everyone there. Since Lincoln's defec
Becca
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First of all, if you haven’t read book 1, Lincoln’s Park, you need to. They coincide and the characters are all associated with each other in some form or other. In this instance, two are brothers. If you remember from 1, we get introduced to Galen, Lincoln’s brother. And it’s not a good thing. This is Galen’s side of the story now, and it’s not an easy story.
Galen kept going to Lincoln’s diner to see him. He wanted to make a connection with his brother but nothing ever came out right. Especiall
HEChapter -Tina J
POV ~> Third person
A single male subject wearing a serious look and relaxed business attire dominate the cover of this book. A cityscape is seen over his shoulder. The dual font title is clean and legible and the author font is just large enough to be seen easily. It was not the cover that grabbed my attention, though. It was the author and the synopsis that pulled me in for this one.

If you read book 1, you may recall Galen (Lincoln’s brother) and Robert (the owner/caretaker of the Tenth Street
JenCW
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.5 Stars!

While you might be able to read this book on its own, I think that reading the first one, Lincoln's Park, will give the reader a fuller appreciation of this story.

Galen is Lincoln's brother. Galen still works for their father, but the events that happened late in Lincoln's book have really startled him; he is unsure what to think of his life anymore. When his father does something that Galen cannot tolerate, he stands up to his father and loses everything.

Robert is trying his best
Christy
When Galen first appeared in ‘Lincoln’s Park’ I hated him. The second time he graced the pages of that book, I abhorred him. I was 100 percent positive that Galen was exactly like his father and had zero redeemable qualities. I was wrong on so many levels. The Galen I slowly got to know in this book is so vulnerable and hides such a fragile heart that he brought tears to my eyes more than once. Robert is exactly the man I imagined him to be – strong, stable, calm, patient, nonjudgmental, and ver ...more
JD Crittendon
Links to Love

Good Guy Robert, Corporate Raider-like eventually fall in love. Overall, this is good solid storytelling with a bit of over the top melodramatic scenes. I especially enjoyed the co-characters Andy & Mason romance. Rated: 3 1/2 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
The Quille and Lampe
Apr 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't forget to check out the lovely giveaway at the end of the blog post!
What I Think: If you read my review for bk 1, then you already know I love this author. My favourite thing about him is how he imbues his characters with a non-traditional mode of expressing and showing emotions. They’re not cry babies but the times they give in to their weakness makes them even more attractive and shows off their masculinity. So, Galen is the (I’m really trying not to cuss here, you know. Still want you a
Josh Dale
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I bought book one when it was released, but I am ashamed to say it is still sitting on my kindle tbr pile. But after reading Galen’s Redemption I will be reading Lincolns story very soon. I knew that this author’s books would be good, having read the Collars and Cuffs / Secrets series he co writes with K.C. Wells. And boy was I right.

This is a story of letting go of guilt, forgiveness and being shown that it is never too late to change things that you do not like about your life or oneself. It i
Cathy Brockman
This is a book two in the series: I do suggest you read Lincoln's Park first since you meet Galen there, and Lincoln and Noel are recurring cast and play important roles in this book. Plus the first meeting of Lincoln and Robert stem from an incident from book one.
Galen is a hard businessman and ruthless like his father. he hopes to take over the business when his father retires. He is also closeted and wishes he could be himself and deep down envies what Linc and Noel have though he acts like
Tina
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Galen’s Redemption by author Parker Williams is the second book in the Links in the Chain series. I have not read the first book and I was not lost in this story at all.
Galen is the son of a ruthless wealthy man. He wants nothing more than to have the respect of his dad. He knows he is never good enough for the man. He smooths things over in others lives but his own is a mess.
Robert owns a shelter. He knows when he gets a windfall check donation the money is too good to be true. He gives it back
R
Apr 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, m-m, series
Robert runs a homeless shelter. All he has ever wanted to do is help people. The shelter is on its last leg and he hold the salvation in his hand. Until Galen snatch’s it away from him.

Galen works for his father. He knows the man is ruthless and unscrupulous but he just never been able to tell his father no. It takes a check and the firing of his assistant to finally be enough. He walks out of his job and though it takes quite a while, into the arms of Robert.

Can a man who has done the wrong thi
Terri
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Galen is the terrible brother we met in book one, Lincoln's Park. Galen is determined to make his monster of a father proud, even though he knows the things his father does - and has him do - are wrong. When he finally reaches his breaking point, Galen is saved by the friend he didn't appreciate before and the kindhearted man who runs the local homeless shelter.
I love this story. I enjoy the friendship between Galen and Andy almost as much as I adore the slow-growing, careful romance between Gal
BookSnuggle
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Galen's Redemption is book number two in the Links in the Chain series by Parker Williams. This is Galen Merriweather and Robert Kotke's story. This can be read as a standalone but the first book is about Galen's brother Lincoln which gives more background on the story.

In this story we get to see a different side of Galen's character than in book one. Now, Robert's character was liked because is trying to help people but is he going about it the right way? Galen and Robert are both unhappy becau
Zane Kage
Apr 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4

If you had told me after reading book one in this series that Galen would win me over, I'd have laughed. Well, with a complex backstory and some difficult life lessons to put him on the right track, the laugh's on me. I really enjoyed Galen and Robert's story, and I thought his redemption was hard-won and duly earned. Robert I liked from the get-go, and his patience and determination to show Galen how things should be were a huge part of what I loved. I have to admit, though-it was the
Sheryl Howard
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read and voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book. Galen comes from a family with plenty of money. The mindset his father has is purely related to that. Everyone and everything can be used and bought with money. For years through systematic mental abuse Galen takes on the same role. However, Galen knows it's wrong, is gay, and doesn't know how to change.

Robert grew up in a loving house with both parents. He's an out and proud gay man. His soul focus in life is the shelter he runs. Robert belie
Erin
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lgbtq, reviewed, romance, yikes
Better than the first book, though the bar was low, so there's not much room to brag. I was much for interested in a redemption arc for a douchebag character than the conflictless, "doe-eyed," mush fest of the first book, so that helped.

Parts of this book made me feel like I was being talked down to like a five year old who'd never read a book before. Not only the plot, but characters' feeling, reactions, and thoughts were made so explicitly clear that I had the vague feeling my intelligence was
Cammey Kelley
Mar 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sibling rivalry forced at the hands of a domineering, overbearing, sexist father has broken the relationship of Galen and Lincoln. Can Galen take the steps needed to take back his life and repair is relationship with Lincoln?

Robert has given his life to help the homeless. The shelter he’s running is teetering in the red, with repair after repair needed with no money in sight. Robert comes from a loving, inclusive family that gives Galen a glimpse at a healthy family unit.

This is the second book
Stella ╰☆╮╰☆╮
I was so ready for Galen and Robert story. I have to say I was a huge fan of Robert and his big heart, the way he cared for Noel in Lincoln's Park, showed me the amazing person he was. I so hoped for him to find someone with the same inclination. And he found it in Galen, apparently so different from Robert, actually so alike. The journey Galen started was the right one toward a better life for himself and for a future together with an awesome man. His redemption was truly beautiful, I easily fe ...more
Elaine Gray
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book. When you have parents that pit one child against one another it causes conflict between siblings. Galen always wanted his father approval but he never seems to get it. He thought he was hiding his sexuality from but he was unaware that his father knew.
Robert is in charge of a homeless shelter and Galen sees how his life different than his. Robert and Galen are great together and their story is great.
Dara Nelson
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: for-blog
This was my first read by this author and I can tell right now that it won’t be my last. I haven’t read the first book in the series but I didn’t feel lost. Though I do plan on going back and reading it now. Robert was so sweet. Almost in a too good to be true way but not quite. Galen took me a little while to warm up to but I got there. And despite a few parts that seemed too far fetched (who has never had chili?), this book was sweet and heartwarming and left me wanting more.
Mary
Apr 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
This is a slow burn romance between Galen and Robert. Galen is not a likeable character in the first book. In here we see the troubled man who is looking for love. His father is a nasty manipulative man who only looks out for himself. Meeting Robert is the final push Galen needs to change the life he is unhappy with.
I think you can read this book as a stand-alone but in my opinion it’s that much more meaningful following book 1 Lincoln’s Park
CB
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The 2nd in a series (with more coming). I enjoyed this one almost as much as the first (it spends a lot of time setting up for the 3rd book too. The characters in this one were entertaining, enjoyable (it's nice to see one turn themselves around - bad boy to good boy) and I enjoyed the secondary charcters too.
Stephanie
Apr 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG I love Galen and Robert's story so damn much!!! I love that we get to know why Galen is the way he is. I know in Lincoln's story I didn't like him. However now I just love Galen so much and Robert is definitely the prefect guy for him. Just an amazing story and I can't wait for the next one!!
MariF
Apr 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Well, it was sugary sweet and completely unrealistic but I'm looking for escape from reality in my reading materials so no complaints there.
I liked the first book - Lincoln's Park - better but this one was a nice follow up.
Vinga
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book.
Loved the characters and story.
This series just gets better and better.
Can't wait to read the next book!
Elaine
May 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Wonderful Story

I enjoyed this story so much. I loved the characters, and the storyline. It was well written. I can't wait for the third book.
Michelle
Nov 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Everybody was too nice......got a little unrealistic.

Hoopla audible

• Hard to Let Go (Haven's Cove #1)
  • Hard to Hold (Haven's Cove #3)
  • Give Up the Ghost (Not Dead Yet #2)
  • What Lies Beneath (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • Not Dead Yet (Not Dead Yet #1)
  • Graveyard Shift (Not Dead Yet #3)
  • His Consort (House of Maedoc, #1)
  • Hard to Get (Haven's Cove #2)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Prince of Killers (Fog City, #1)
  • Where Nerves End (Tucker Springs #1)
  • Fracture (Unbreakable Bonds #6)
  • Change for You (Oahu Lovers, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Brave for You (Oahu Lovers, #1)
  • All That Remains (Lancaster Falls Trilogy, #3)
  • Let Me Show You (True-Blue, #1)
  • Never a Hero (Tucker Springs, #5)

Links In the Chain (3 books)
  • Lincoln's Park (Links In the Chain #1)
  • Stained Hearts (Links in the Chain, #3)

News & Interviews